Ji-Ae (VI)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

Ji-Ae is now officially just turned 2 months old. She just celebrated her small birthday with her parents, with them throwing her a small birthday party. Even though she doesn’t know what party is, but she still smiles and make happy noises when she sees all her uncles, aunties, grandmother and grandfather.

 

They all came and gave her gift. Some which is very convenient for the parents since Ji-Ae is growing and is now a bit more wiser and smarter than she was before. She can now see a bit more clearer and is also able to respond to noises. She can also follow any movement made. For example, if Daniel point out a finger in front of her and move side to side slowly, her eyes would slowly follows them. Which is a new thing to the parents.

 

They are so happy with it. A few more weeks before Seongwoo finished with his maternity leave which will be of a trouble to them both. They need to find a babysitter fast so that it won’t be a problem once Seongwoo went back to work. Maybe they could ask Somi again, but she’s going on a vacation. 

 

Daniel is finally able to get the hang of it in handling Ji-Ae. He didn’t struggle in carrying her anymore but still have those little awkward times when Daniel couldn’t hold her properly. Specially when she cries. He panicked and couldn’t handle her while she throw her hands around. Seongwoo will always be there to the rescue. Always the one who could calm her down. Must be like Daniel once said before, she is too attached to her mama. A typical mama’s girl.

 

One single lullaby could easily make her stop crying. Ji-Ae truly love her Daddy’s s voice. It calms her down to the point where she would fall to sleep. As Daniel said, she is Seongwoo’s girl. Truly like him. She even looked like Seongwoo more than Daniel. Minus the plump lips and the small mole under her right eye. The rest looks exactly like Seongwoo but nobody is complaining. Daniel love to have a chibi looking Seongwoo in their own daughter. Because he love his older husband so he’s not complaining. They can always make another one if Daniel want to have a son or a daughter that look like him.

 

Still got a lot of time. The younger grins to himself as he think of the time he and Seongwoo had tried for a baby. Well they have tried for several times after their marriage, but it was slow. Ji-Ae was a miracle then when Seongwoo found out he was pregnant. And they were so happy about it. He wonder if once Seongwoo is done with his confinement, will he able to make love to Seongwoo again and try for another baby?

 

Obviously Seongwoo gonna say no to having another baby but a yes to making love. Maybe. So sorry for being a little because Daniel hasn’t slept (make love) with Seongwoo for almost five months now and he is deprived of it. He wants to feel his husband again but Seongwoo is not an easy person to get him to bed. Maybe he could drug Seongwoo by using aphrodisiac, but then Seongwoo is going to kill him for even drugging him and force him to make love to Daniel by using aphrodisiac. Damn.

 

Daniel snapped out of his crazy thoughts on how to get Seongwoo under him when the said person loudly snapped his fingers. Earning his attentions again after spacing out for how long he didn’t know.

 

“You’re spacing out. Or were you thinking about something? Tell me.” Seongwoo demanded, taking a seat next to him with Ji-Ae in his arm, drinking formula milk. She drinks a lot more than she did before. Ji-Ae can now grasp something even tighter and stronger now. And she knows if she want to let go or not let go.

 

Daniel blinked and then he smile while he shake his head. He can’t just tell Seongwoo that he was thinking about making love to him. Not when Seongwoo does not seem like he’s ready to have another baby. Perhaps a year or two after. 

 

“Nothing, babe. I was just thinking about how small Ji-Ae was two months ago. How her hands and fingers are skinny. Skinnier than how they are now. She’s way chubbier now and bigger and heavier.” Daniel giggles as he scoot closer so that he could Ji-Ae soft black hair. It’s growing longer and thicker now but they plan to cut it a little.

 

Her eyes waver around while she busy drinking her milk. Her free hand keeps flailing around as she drink. Another hand is still holding onto Seongwoo’s finger. Grasping them tightly. Seongwoo moves his finger around, playing with her as he hold her while he try to balance the milk bottle in his hand since she is cradling her, while feeding her and at the same time his finger in her hand.

 

Seongwoo smiles, kissing her temple while she still drinks. Daniel cooed because of how cute their little girl is. To see her grow so beautifully and cute is one of the best thing. Ji-Ae is their baby girl that even if when she grew up and have her own kids, she will still be their baby girl. His little girl that he will always love and cherished.

 

“Tomorrow I need to take her to the clinic. She needs to get her vaccination shot tomorrow.” Seongwoo says to his husband. Daniel hums still Ji-Ae hair and move down to poke her chubby cheeks.

 

“What time is the appointment?” Daniel asked, now looking up to his husband. “9 am. I need to be there early since there is a lot of people and it’s gonna be long if I went there later than I should be. You know how Ji-Ae is very cranky and smarter now. So she knows if we’re waiting so long or not.” He sigh as he think back the first time he had taken Ji-Ae to see the doctor when she was 1 month old. That time she was less crankier but she is still very much cranky when she has to wait so long for her turn. And the way Seongwoo had to struggle to try and stop her from crying and throwing her tantrum around. People around throw glances at him and some even pity him for having the trouble in trying to calm a baby. Thankfully Jisung hyung was with him since Daniel, again, had another meeting.

 

Which Daniel had to apologise profusely to Seongwoo. Even begging to the point of kneeling and hugging Seongwoo’s leg for one whole day. At least the older’s mood was okay so he accepts his apology quickly. So Daniel had promised and swear an oath to his husband that, he will join him for an appointment when Ji-Ae needs to see the doctor. No more meeting or working. He promised Seongwoo that.

 

“We’ll manage hyung. I’m sure Ji-Ae will be such a good girl. Yeah baby cake? You will be our good girl tomorrow, yes?” Daniel talked in a baby sort of tone and cooing when she gurgles and smile a little.

 

They both chuckles. They can never be angry. Even if Ji-Ae will be cranky tomorrow, they will try their best to handle her and keep her calm as much as they can.

 

*

 

It turns out bad. It looks like Ji-Ae woke up from the wrong side of the bed or her crib. The whole morning after Daniel had to wake her up since they need to leave for the clinic, she starts throwing tantrum. Crying and wailing even while Daniel is washing her. He struggles to hold her still since Ji-Ae keeps flailing her hands around. Smacking Daniel in the face a few time and kicking the water, making splashes everywhere. He internally groans. They had wish for Ji-Ae to behave but it seems they didn’t get their wish granted and it’s gonna be hellish for them both to handle her today.

 

Daniel even struggle to dress her into her onesie since she couldn’t stop moving around. 

 

“Hyung~ Help!” Daniel whined while hold her hands. Ji-Ae is wailing and her limbs keep on flailing everywhere. It’s a sign of a protest. God Daniel it’s so hard to handle this but he needs to learn. Ji-Ae is his daughter anyway, and no matter what he need to teach her to be a good girl. Some manners when she’s a little bit bigger.

 

Seongwoo came in and starts helping his husband to dress Ji-Ae. He shush him and try his best not to get angry. He did slightly sternly talk to her but with a very gentle tone. A gentle as he can. Daniel knows how his husband is when he’s angry or annoyed. The vein could be visible through his temple but he try to keep it hidden.

 

“Baby cake, Daddy and Papa can’t dress you properly if you keep moving, sweetie. Just let us dress you and then you can go and throw a fit okay? Please baby cake.” Seongwoo begged, coaxing for Ji-Ae to be quiet and listen to them just to get her into her dress. She did slightly relaxes herself so they quickly dress her up and carry her out of the room once it’s done. They need to feed her just to keep her calm for a few hours.

 

“We can do that while we’re on our way. Let’s just go to the clinic now.” Seongwoo says with Daniel nodding his head. Grabbing the small beg that contains all of Ji-Ae necessary things.

 

*

 

The whole day at the clinic was hellish. Ji-Ae starts getting cranky when they were just about to reach the clinic. She just had her milk about an hour ago so they can’t forced feed her more. She would throw them all out. So they had to tolerate the crankiness while they wait for her turn. It’s not long, the queue wasn’t that long but thankfully they arrived earlier because minutes later, the clinic is crowded with other parents. 

 

Seongwoo gave his husband a knowing glance, like it shows in his face about what had he said before if they were to arrived later than they should. Daniel just nods his head, agreeing to his older husband. It’s his first time to ever stepping into the clinic. Basically a baby clinic. He had gone to normal ones but not the baby clinic. So to see that there are a lot of mothers bringing their child for a vaccine or simple check up was very shocking.

 

Who would have thought there are many kids, babies in a day that comes to the clinic just to see the doctor. He is so glad that they arrived earlier. If not, they’ll probably gonna stay at the clinic for one whole day. With their cranky, moody baby.

 

Ji-Ae keeps frowning and pouting. Her face keeps scrunching that Seongwoo and Daniel is wondering if she’s gonna start with her tantrums again. They pray hard that she would just stay like that until they were called into the room. But all hopes flew out of the window when her lips starts to tremble and soon the whole clinic was filled with her cries. It’s not that the clinic is small. No, the place is huge and very comfortable but because it’s full of people, it will be a bother.

 

Usually, a chain reaction may happened. When one baby starts to cry, another could follow. So Seongwoo immediately took her out of the clinic and starts to calm her down. Daniel stay seated for a moment before he stood up to help his husband. Some of the parents looked at them with pity. Because they know exactly how it feels to handle a baby that is currently cranky. Who knows how to throw tantrums almost every single hour. They been there and done that. They can only pray that the pair could manage the problem.

 

“Baby...please little cake.” Seongwoo keeps coaxing her. He tries his best to stop her from crying and it takes a while to do so. Even with Daniel around, Ji-Ae doesn’t seem that she will stop crying anytime soon. So what will happen when the doctor is gonna give her the shots?

 

A nurse suddenly popped her head out, startling the two.

 

“Uh Mr and Mr Ong, the doctor will see you now. I mean Ong Ji-Ae.” She said, and the pair quickly went back inside, following the nurse into the room where a doctor is.

 

*

 

She greeted them and asked a few questions about Ji-Ae and how is she doing. They took her weight just to see if she’s growing. Good weight and her development is very well too. The doctor that goes by the name Kim Joohyun recorded everything into her tab. The she moved to check Ji-Ae.

 

“May I?” She asked the parent. Seongwoo just nod and she slowly took Ji-Ae from Seongwoo’s arm and check her limb movement and everything else. She noticed that Ji-Ae can now hold her head up by herself when she’s able to. That is one step forward in the newborn. Doctor Kim grabs her hand and smiles widely when Ji-Ae grasped them immediately. She may still looks very cranky but it is subsiding. Must be the power of a doctor.

 

Doctor Kim nods her head and pass Ji-Ae back into Seongwoo’s arm. She took her seat again and typing away in tab. Nodding her head. Then she turns around and giving the couple her knowing smile.

 

“She’s growing very well and it seems her appetite is growing more and more. Since she is in a good weight for a 2 months old baby. Now shall we start with the main reason why you brought her here?”

 

“Yes. She need to get her DTaP, Hib and Polio vaccines. Oh and we decide to get her the Rotavirus vaccination too.” Seongwoo said, motioning for Daniel to take out Ji-Ae record book. Inside all the baby’s detail is included. The vaccination table, the growing chart, the weight chart and everything else. Doctor Kim took the book and jotted down something.

 

“Yes, she already had her second dosage of Hep B last month. So this time it will be DTap, Hib and Polio. And Rotavirus too yes?” 

 

Seongwoo nod.

 

“Alright, I’ll give them right now.” She stand up and asked the nurse to bring her the vaccines. “Come and place her on the couch. You both hold her since she seems to be very cranky today.” The doctor chuckles at how Ji-Ae keeps grimacing. Her eyes wandering around the room but her face looks very displeased with something.

 

“Is it gonna hurt, doc?” Daniel finally spoke after being very quiet.

 

“A little bit. Like a tiny ant bite. But usually they will move around and cried when we starts poking so it’s nothing to worry about.”

 

Daniel nods and move to hold Ji-Ae hand. The nurse help in removing her onesie and exposing her thigh for the doctor to administer the vaccine.

 

“Okay Ji-Ae ah. I’m gonna give one tiny poke okay. You’re such a good girl yeah.” Slowly the doctor injected the medication and Ji-Ae starts to wailed loudly because it hurts. Daniel bit his lips and shushing her.

 

Seongwoo her hair and is whispering sweet words to Ji-Ae. Kissing her cheeks and all. Once settled, she pressed the area for a moment. Smiling down to the baby as she passed the small syringe to the nurse.

 

“Okay. It’s done. It’ll stung a little but it won’t be long. So I will give you another appointment to see again for another vaccination shot. You may go home now.” Doctor Kim pinched her cheeks and bids her goodbye with both of them saying their thanks.

 

*

 

Ji-Ae fell asleep right after they enter the car. Dozing off in Seongwoo’s arm since the older doesn’t have the heart to put her in the carrier. At least she wasn’t that cranky after the shots. Only short episode of it but everything is just peachy.

 

They both cooed at her sleeping form. Who can stop loving her. No matter how cranky she is, Ji-Ae is still their small baby girl.

 

And there is more to come in the future.

 


 

This chapter is shorter than the previous one :3

Ji-Ae is growing! She is growing soon :D

Hope you enjoy this ;33

Comments and sorry for the typos.