Ji-Ae (VII P1)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

Seongwoo’s confinement had ended and he had started going back to his office. He had hired a very kind, fine and trained babysitter to look after his daughter because he and Daniel both are working so it’s hard for them to take a day off or a week off to look after Ji-Ae who is now three months old.

 

Each month, moment is growing up is not making their life much more easier. Just that, she cry lesser these days and is now able to make noises such as ‘oh’ and ‘ah’ whenever they try to change her diapers or just simply talked to her.

 

Her crankiness is still there but it’s tolerable. She sleeps much more easier but if they put her to sleep later than she is supposed to, then she will throw a tantrum at them. It’ll be okay anyway.

 

Seongwoo fixed his necktie since it’s his first day of working again. Daniel is taking Ji-Ae out of her crib and giving her a bath. She was in a good mood. Smiling when Daniel cooed at her, and nuzzling his face on her cheeks that making her gurgles happily.

 

“Aigoo...my baby is so cute. She is adorable and a good girl. Isn’t she?” He keeps baby talking with her while he walk towards the bathroom where her bath is ready. Stripping her out of her pjs then swooping her down into bath. Ji-Ae makes out bubbly noises as she splashes her hands around. Daniel laughs, washing her hair and her body thoroughly.

 

On the other side of the room, the older listens to his husband playing with Ji-Ae and he smiles when he hears their daughter gurgling and making noises around. It’s a satisfying sound so it’s a good sign. But he is still scared of leaving her alone with the babysitter even though she is a very trained person. Because he never left her for three months and today will be the first time of him leaving her.

 

He sigh, dropping his hand to the side and giving himself a once over before he went to check on his husband and daughter. The sight of them playing together made Seongwoo feel warmth inside. He melts when Ji-Ae smiles brightly at Daniel. How can he leave his angel with someone else but he has too.

 

“Nielie.” 

 

Daniel turns around and Seongwoo stifled his laugh. His husband’s face is covered with bubbles, from the side until his chin. It’s a bubble beard.

 

“Daniel, what–“ 

 

“I just want to make her smile. So...this happens.” He grins at his husband who can only shake his head. They are just adorable. 

 

“Alright, make it quick. You have work to go to and so do I. She will be here soon so come on.” 

 

Daniel nods and pour one last water on Ji-Ae and he pulls her out to dry her off. They both put her in a yellow white dress and took her out to feed her. The doorbells ring and Seongwoo went to answer them. The lady who will look after Ji-Ae gave him a smile. She’s about in her mid thirty and is very friendly. Seongwoo chose her because he had interviewed her a week ago and the criteria that Seongwoo wanted in a person to look after their baby is in her. And even Daniel is happy and Ji-Ae looks comfortable with her anyway. 

 

She introduced herself or told them just to call her Mrs. Loo. A very kind and gentle woman that loves children so much. She knows what is good or not good for newborn or in this case, toddler like Ji-Ae.

 

Seongwoo went through the book he had created for Ji-Ae during his maternity leave. All sorts of details are inside that can be useful for Mrs. Loo. She listens to him tentatively and asking questions when she’s confused. It was nice.

 

“Don’t you worry Mr. Ong. I will take good care of her while you both are out working. Have a great day.” She said to them both, already taking Ji-Ae into her arms. To their surprise, she didn’t squirmed or struggles to get out of her arm. She looks comfortable and curiously play with Mrs. Loo’s finger who then wave around to the two.

 

Seongwoo and Daniel both move forward and gave her a kiss. “Be a good baby girl okay Ji-Ae. Daddy loves you so much.” Seongwoo kisses her temple and stays there for a moment. Daniel grab her hand and moves them around, kissing her small hand. “See ya later baby. Papa loves you too.” 

 

They both pulls away and smiles softly when Ji-Ae sort of replied back with an ‘ah’. 

 

*

 

It’s a common thing when a mother or in this case a father had to leave their baby for the first time, keep calling just to check if Ji-Ae is alright. Seongwoo couldn’t sit down quietly while he works. His desk is full of papers that he needed to sign and read through about new ideas and designs for their next plush toys. Thankfully Minhyun had briefly told him about it so he’s not that surprised to see the stacks of papers on his desk when he walks into his office.

 

Mrs. Loo keeps telling him that Ji-Ae is fine and had taken her milk and is sleeping. She didn’t show any sign of discomfort so it’ll be okay. He’s not the only one. Even Daniel called her as ask if Ji-Ae doing fine. Mrs. Loo can only laughs at the father antics of worrying about their small daughter.

 

Minhyun would laughs at his best friend when he listens to how Seongwoo has been doing for three months. Looking after their baby girl was fun but there is always pros and cons in it.

 

“Well, that’s how it is when you have a baby. Your life starts to change and you have more commitment now. I mean, it’s not a bad one just that now you need to think about her needs. What she likes and what she doesn’t like.” Minhyun says, patting Seongwoo’s shoulder and give it a squeeze when the other sighs heavily.

 

“I’m not complaining though. I love Ji-Ae so much. She is an angel. Just not the time when she throws a fit to us. But the rest of the time, she’s a sweetheart. And I missed not to be there with her even though it’s only been hours.” Seongwoo heave a sigh. He took a sip of his coffee. His chin resting on his hand.

 

“Yeah, but you’re the boss so you can always leave office earlier than everybody else. I mean, you basically can go home at anytime you want.”

 

“I know that but I just came to work so I can’t seriously leave early on the first day of work after I just came back from my maternity leave, Hyun. You know that better. It’s in the rules that was created by my father.” 

 

Minhyun sigh, “Yes but that is your father and you are his son. Do you think he will get mad if you leave home early just to check on Ji-Ae? Plus, you already took over the company for over two years now. Does he even care if you took a day or just went home early?”

 

Seongwoo looked at his friend, thinking hard about what he just said. He may be right but maybe he’ll do it some other day. Just work full hours for a few days and then maybe he’ll one day go home early.

 

“It’s okay Min. It’ll be another few hours and I’ll be home to see her again.”

 

Minhyun smiles, patting his shoulder as they both enjoying their small break. 

 

*

 

Even Daniel is thinking so much about Ji-Ae and calling Mrs. Loo. And she reply the same thing to Daniel and laughing about how cute they both are for worrying about her.

 

“I’m very sorry Mrs. Loo. It’s because we never left her with someone else besides myself and my husband that I can’t help having this feeling for concern.” Daniel explains while he scan through his files. His boss is expecting him to get his work done in two hours. Which is a speech for some annual event coming soon.

 

Mrs. Loo chuckles through the receiver, ‘That’s alright Mr. Kang. I understand completely to parents who just had their first child and they had to leave them for the first time after they were born to someone else. But I promised you and your husband that Ji-Ae is in good hands and she is such a fine girl.’

 

Daniel smile and sigh when she explains how Ji-Ae is doing. Grateful that she didn’t throw any tantrums, yet. 

 

“Thank you very much Mrs. Loo. We both owe you so much.”

 

‘You two don’t owe me anything. It’s my duty and I promised to you both to take good care of her. For all the time, I will make sure she will behave well and will look after her as long as you both want me.’

 

“I’m glad you say that Mrs. Loo. My hubby is probably happy to hear that that you wish to be with us as long as we want you. Wait..is that even right? I mean, are you willing to stay?”

 

‘Of course, Mr. Kang. You both seems like a very nice couple. So kind and friendly. Ji-Ae is so far an angel and I love her already. She looks exactly like Mr. Ong.’ She giggles which made Daniel to groan out. He heard that way too many times now.

 

“I know. My husband’s genes are way stronger than mine. Ji-Ae is like a mini version of my husband.”

 

‘And you love it, don’t you?’

 

Daniel was silent. Blinking and smiles widely thinking about his husband. Of course he loves it. Maybe one day he will get mini version of himself. There is no way he will be satisfied with just one child. He wants more with Seongwoo.

 

‘Mr. Kang? Are you still there?’

 

“Ah, y–yes Mrs. Loo. Sorry, I was just...thinking about my husband. And to answer your question. I do love it. I love Ji-Ae and Seongwoo very much.”

 

‘That’s good.’ There is a pause and Daniel could faintly hear small cries in the background. ‘Ah, I have to go Mr. Kang. Ji-Ae is waking up.’

 

“Ah okay. Thank you again.”

 

The line ended and Daniel is back in giving his full focus on his work. He feels better now that he had spoken to Mrs. Loo and knowing how Ji-Ae is doing at home. The only thing left is that, he can’t wait to go home and gave his baby girl a big bear hug.

 

*

 

The day ended and both of them rushed home to their daughter. They never thought that they could miss her that much. Even though Daniel tend to go to work all the past three months but that was different because his husband was at home. So now that Seongwoo has started working again, the feeling is different than the past.

 

Seongwoo was the first to arrived. Minutes later his husband did. Mrs. Loo had told him that Ji-Ae had just taken her bath and is currently sleeping.

 

“She’s a sweetheart. Since you both are home. It’s best that I’ll be on my way then. Will see you tomorrow.”

 

They both bow and thanking her for looking after Ji-Ae. She just waves her hand and says it’s was her job anyway. With one last thank you, they both turn around to head inside the house. Walking straight to Ji-Ae’s room and found their baby girl sleeping peacefully in the crib.

 

Her chest rising up and down in a calming way that they both melted. They really missed her even though it’s only been a day. Seongwoo loosen up his necktie and shred off his blazer. Daniel had already taken his coat off and now wrapped his arm around Seongwoo’s shoulder. Both of them stand next to the crib and watching their daughter sleeps.

 

“She’s so...cute. I know I’ve said it so many times but I just can’t stop saying that to myself or to her.” Seongwoo says, stretching his hand down to push the soft hair off Ji-Ae’s eyes and he them, gently. Ji-Ae slightly stir and slips out a soft sound. Her hand clasping and unclasping while she sleeps.

 

“I know. Don’t stop though. Keep praising and say that she’s cute. Nobody can deny of her cuteness anyway. She’s our daughter. The one and only.” Daniel says, kissing the older’s at the side of his head and squeezing his shoulder gently. “She were born to this world and shared our genes and our blood and everything else.”

 

“Yeah. God I can’t stay focus at all when I was at the office.”

 

Daniel chuckles, “Same for me hyung. Jaehwan told me that there is nothing to worry about. Even my boss said the same thing. I was embarrassed when he said that to me.”

 

“Minhyun said the same thing. He even told me that I’m allowed to leave work if I want to. Since...you know, being a CEO and all.”

 

“Yeah. You have the authority anyway. While I need to ask for a permission if I want to go home.”

 

They both looked at each other. Soft smile gracing them both as they slowly leans forward for a kiss. Seongwoo sigh through the kiss. Eyes closing as he melts into the kiss. Daniel deepens them but not too much. It was still so very tender and soft.

 

“I love you, babe.” Daniel confessed. 

 

“I love you too, Niel.” Seongwoo replies back. 

 

They still have a lot of things to do in life. Ji-Ae is growing bigger day by day. And they too will probably try to grow their family.

 

And there is more to come in the future. 

 


 

Another short chapter for tonight. This is just the calm before the storm xDD

I mean, no angst. Just that...Ji-Ae is gonna give her father a huge, pounding headache :33

I mean like a lot lol. 

Get ready for the next chapter hahaha

Enjoy and sorry for the typos ^w^