Ji-Ae (III)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

(A/N: Sorry bros and sisters. I can't write up until 5k lol.)

 

Ji-Ae is a catastrophic, a chaos in their house right now that Daniel is panicking. He didn’t know what to do to stop her crying. She wouldn’t stop at all since Seongwoo is down with a flu. He had told his husband to looked after their daughter because he couldn’t stay close to her since he don’t want to give her his virus. And also, whenever he sneeze, the pain over his wound cameback. Although it’s already been five weeks now and his wound should be heales by then but still, the pain would sometime comeback. Ji-Ae is getting more and more crankier and smarter as the day goes by. She demand more when she’s hungry and would get up easily now.

 

Daniel thinks she’s crying so much right now is because Seongwoo is not feeling well and she want her daddy with her. Well, Daniel is not upset but maybe jealous of Seongwoo because she is too attached to his husband and who is he to blame him. Seongwoo is also the one who carry her for 9 months. That must have been the reason, she misses her daddy but that does make it that she does not love her papa.

 

The younger husband cradles Ji-Ae in his arm, trying his best to balance her in his hold and bouncing her slightly up and down. Swaying around and lulling her with all sorts of baby talk he could say.

 

“Ji-Ae, baby cake Papa is here. Stop crying baby cake. You miss Daddy? Hm? Do you want some milk? Or did you just wet yourself? Aigoo~~” he says softly, leaning down to shush Ji-Ae and give her some soft fatherly kisses but it’s not working. He himself feels like crying.

 

But maybe if he sings her favorite lullaby...Ah, that might work. So Daniel walked towards the living room so that he could sing to her without disturbing Seongwoo even though he is one hundred percent sure that Seongwoo had heard all the crying since she was in her sort of baby room at the first floor.

 

Daniel sat on the couch with Ji-Ae and his gaze soften tenfold when he looked at her. His eyes are dripping with love and slowly, softly and gently he starts singing to her. It’s just like a whisper that only Ji-Ae could hear him. It somehow manage to make her calm down when Daniel started singing. Her loud crying turned into a sobs and eventually she sniffles and lastly her crying completely stopped. Daniel had his eyes closed when he sings to her and smile lovingly when he sees her gradually stops crying.

 

He didn’t even realizes or hear the soft footsteps approaching. His focus are solely on Ji-Ae as he keeps singing. Repeating them again and again. Him cradling Ji-Ae was something that Seongwoo would always wanted to see. Him singing her favorite lullaby is also one of Seongwoo’s favorite thing to see since Daniel had a hard time holding her. Or feeding, change her diapers, bathing her or even trying to make her stop crying. 

 

Seongwoo leans against the wall near the staircase, eyes softening and melting at the sight of his husband and Ji-Ae. He couldn’t hold in his fondly smile because two of his most treasure person is currently sitting on the couch. One is slowly drifting into sleep, while the other is still singing her favorite lullaby that is soothing and relaxing to listen to.

 

The older wished for nothing more than happiness for the two of them. For his family. He wished that Ji-Ae will grew to be the kind of girl who would cherish and love the people that is important to her. To always stay as herself. 

 

Seongwoo didn’t even remember when he too had closed his eyes or humming along to the lullaby Daniel sang, but he jolts and stutter his eyes open when someone taps him on his shoulder. Eyes meeting with the one of Daniel’s brown bright orbs. Ji-Ae is already sleeping, soundly in his arm, mouth slightly agape. She looks really adorable. Her long eyelashes and her round chubby cheeks looks so desirable to Seongwoo. Desirable because he wants to pinch them or squish them but if he do that, Ji-Ae would scream.

 

“Babe? What are you doing here, leaning against the wall. You should be up there in bed, sleeping. You just took the flu medicine, so the medicine should kicks in and make you sleepy.” Daniel says, one of his arm that he didn’t use to carry Ji-Ae took hold of Seongwoo’s hand and he pulls his husband away and headed upstairs, back to their room.

 

“I couldn’t sleep hearing Ji-Ae crying so much just moments ago. I feel so useless with me being sick, it’s so heartbreaking that I couldn’t be there to hold her or kiss her, so that she would stop crying. Sorry, Daniel.” The older says, sadden at the thought of him not being able to cradle Ji-Ae. Daniel shake his head. 

 

“Don’t call yourself useless, hyung. You did so much already for the past five weeks we brought Ji-Ae home with us. So if you want to say useless, you can tell that to me. I’m the useless one for not being able to be a good father to her. I know I struggle a lot over everything that resolve around her, but I’m trying to improve myself so this is a great opportunity for me to be closer to her.” He says, kissing the side of Seongwoo’s head once they reached the top floor, “So, let me have the pleasure in looking after her now, while you have your rest. Go sleep and I’ll come join you in a short while. I just need to tuck her in and I’ll be next to you soon.” Again he kisses the side of Seongwoo’s head and gave his husband a light push as he walked off to Ji-Ae’s room which located just next to theirs.

 

Seongwoo hums and went off. The younger came back shortly after that. Taking off his tank top and dive in on the bed. Laying next to his husband who is fighting with sleeps. Daniel was right about the medicine starting to kick in and he is really sleepy but he wants to wait for his husband and then he’ll falls back to sleep. When he felt the mattress dips next to him, he immediately rolled over and snuggled into Daniel’s welcoming chest.

 

They didn’t immediately went to sleep. Daniel plays with Seongwoo’s hair and his lips pressed softly against his temple as they lay down, cuddling each other. Enjoying the warmth emitting from one another.

 

“Do you remember the time when we first when to my check up? The time after my morning sickness went by?” Seongwoo suddenly asked with his eyes closed shut. Daniel had his eyes open and he glance down a little bit, “Yeah I do. It was the most intriguing moment ever. I mean, it’s all the first time we found out that she do slowly grow inside of you, and our first time hearing to her heartbeat and the first time we met her.”

 

Seongwoo smiles, “Yeah. It was beautiful isn’t it? I still remember how ugly you were when you cry after Dr. Yoo showed us the scan of her through the monitor.” He says teasingly, slightly chuckling to his husband. Daniel pouts and lightly pinch his husband’s arm, “Hey, I didn’t look that ugly when I cry, okay.” Seongwoo snorts, because he does not believe his husband. Or that he is just joking about Daniel looking ugly when he cries.

 

“You do because you have lots of snots and boogers all over your face.” He teases, which results in Daniel pouting harder and pinching his arm even more that Seongwoo wincing and begging him to stop. It ended up with them tickling each other. More like Daniel tickling Seongwoo, which the older keeps on laughing and telling Daniel to stop until he practically sneezes.

 

The younger quickly grab a piece of tissue and helps Seongwoo with wiping his nose. Passing some more when he feels like sneezing again, followed by a coughing fit. 

 

“I feel like I’m about to die. God, I hate flu so much.” He whines, lying back down as he snuggles into the pillow. He hates being sick, especially when he caught up with flu or fever. Daniel left the room shortly to grab some water for Seongwoo to drink. He joins him on bed again and gave the water to Seongwoo, moving away again just to take a peek at Ji-Ae. At least she didn’t wake up by Seongwoo’s loud sneeze earlier, so Daniel sigh in relief.

 

Seongwoo already had his eyes close like the flu medicine just started to kick in although he had swallowed it like almost an hour ago and he should have been sleeping by now. Now, he feels tired and so he gave up in trying to stay awake and chose to went to sleep. Curled up into a prawn shape, slowly snoozing off. He stutter his eyes open when he felt Daniel wrapping his arm around his waist from behind him, spooning him to sleep. He didn’t respond to Daniel’s sweet kisses that he gave him at the back of his neck, moving forward till he met his cheek.

 

“Goodnight.” Is Daniel only word before he went to sleep. Dreaming about the past time when he went for an appointment for a scan with Daniel.

 

*

(Past)

 

It was the time when a pregnant person went for a check up to check on the baby condition and how does one heartbeat looks like and is the baby developing well inside. Seongwoo had survived his crazy morning sickness now and was in good condition to eat anything he wants without needing to be worries about throwing up. He did also gave Daniel a hard time after he manage to eat properly. 

 

His appetite increases tenfold now and they got weirded by each day. But let’s not talk about that today but more about his appointment with Dr. Yoo, the lady who will be looking after of Seongwoo’s pregnancy. She will be the person that will help in delivering the baby when the time comes.

 

Today was his first day of visit. First time going to antenatal check up and he’s nervous. Seongwoo sweats profusely at the thought of going over to the clinic for a check up, although he had once went for a check up because Minhyun thinks he might be pregnant and he did. But that was somewhere else, which were closer to where he’s working and unexpectedly met the same person again when he was having a severe morning sickness.

 

Dr. Yoo was known as the best Gynaecologist & Obstetrician out there in the medical line. She have many customers coming in for a delivery. And she is very kind towards all her customers and very motherly to the young mothers who is first time meeting her or is the first time mother. Like Seongwoo. The older bits his lip that eventually he could taste the iron and Daniel stops him he could make his lip bleeds again.

 

Daniel placed a finger on Seongwoo’s lip that made the older turn his head at him. Lips still between his teeth, his expression is telling Daniel what he want, “You’re abusing your lips there, stop. Only I can do that to your lips.” Daniel smirk when he sees his husband slowly turning pink and he chuckles when he was shoved by him. Teasing is fun when you do it to your husband. Seongwoo scoffed, turning his head away to looked around the room. Lots of pregnant lady were there with them. Some with their husband, or friends or their kids and some being alone. He didn’t really feel like asking anyone there, but Daniel did.

 

The younger blend into the place so easily as he talked with one of the husband that sat next to him. They even make a joke together and laughs about it when it’s not even that funny. Typical Daniel, Seongwoo thinks. He just shake his head at his husband own stupid jokes that does not make any sense. A kid stares at him that Seongwoo didn’t really know what to do. He knows he like kids but maybe because this is his first time to carry his own or interact with one since years ago.

 

He huffed, inhaling the oxygen then he flash his smile towards the kid. Waving slightly to the young boy. He didn’t expect the respond he gets from the young boy was he blushes and hide himself behind his mother. Seongwoo chuckles lowly and waves to the boy again and this time the boy waves back at him. Well, that’s much better.

 

“Ong Seongwoo. Mr. Ong Seongwoo, the doctor wants to see you now.” A nurse called out and gesture for Seongwoo to follow her. They both stood up and walked across the room and into one of the room that the nurse shows them to. 

 

*

 

Inside, a middle age lady awaits for them, greeting them with a smile when they both came into the room. She stood up, extending her hands for them to shake it.

 

“Mr. Ong, so happy to see you today. I heard a lot of things about you. You are very popular.” She says, shaking their hands and then sat down along with the two, right across from her. Daniel grab Seongwoo’s hand and intertwined them, giving it a gentle squeeze because he could feel how tense Seongwoo is. Although there is nothing to worry about. But what can he say for the anxious nerve inside of him jumbling around that be thinks he’s gonna throw up like when he had his morning sickness.

 

“I’m Dr. Yoo, will be your Obstetrician who will make sure that everything will be fine. You and your baby. Now, let’s check if your baby’s heartbeat is fine.” Dr. Yoo motions towards the small bed inside the room so that she could do the scan on Seongwoo. Only then they could find out how is the baby inside them. Their baby is still very small so they can’t really tell if it’s a girl or a boy. Seongwoo inhaled deeper and lay on the bed. Daniel sat next to him and taking his hand again, squeezing them like earlier. He clasp Seongwoo’s hand inside, patting them and bringing his hand up to kiss it.

 

“You both are very lovely.” The doctor giggles and cooing as she watch the couple being romantic, even though Seongwoo tries to push his husband away because he’s embarrassed. Daniel didn’t really care, he loves pampering his husband, especially much more when Seongwoo is pregnant with their baby.

 

“Come, lift your shirt up. Exposed your belly to me so that I can start the scan on you.” Dr. Yoo already took her seat next to the bed where the machine is ready to be use on Seongwoo, to scan. The older did what the doctor say, lifting his shirt up that show off his belly. The lump is visible now, even though they are still very small. But it is there and to Daniel who first time saw the bump, couldn’t hold back the happiness. He was in awe, mouth gaping and he feels like crying. His eyes stings but he try holding back his tears and tighten his grip even more.

 

Dr. Yoo squeeze a nice amount of ultrasound gel on top of Seongwoo’s bump. She the machine and slowly she guide the transducer above the bump. Pressing it down until a picture came up on the screen. She moves them about, trying to locate the small baby and when she did, she stop and smile. 

 

“Look, there it is. Your little baby.” She points at the screen where a medium sized dot were, and something blinking on it. They both stares at the screen, eyes wide and overwhelmed. Seongwoo feels like crying too but he is a bit composed than Daniel, who had slowly starts to sniffles at the finding of their baby. Dr. Yoo smiles even wider at the way the two mirrored each other. She starts explaining about the baby.

 

“The blinking you see here is the heart. He or she is growing very well. For now? We can’t tell about the gender yet but in a month or two, you will be able to. At this age, you still need to be careful of your daily activities. Complicated things or extreme activities can threaten their lives so it best that you be careful about it,” she says, moving the transducer around some more, “Otherwise, everything else is fine.” She ended, putting away the transducer and pass the paper tissue to Seongwoo. 

 

She took the seat at her desk again and starts writing something on a piece of paper. “Now, we have some blood test and other exams that we need you to take. Just to make sure everything is normal. Is that okay with you?”

 

Seongwoo didn’t really know what else to say but ti just agree to the lady. A doctor’s solution is always the best right? Plus, this is for their baby. So it’s better to take any test they need him to take. Be it a blood test, or more scan or whatever.

 

“Whatever is best for the baby, doc. I’m okay with it.” He said, looking down at his small bump with a smile. A hand placed on top so that he could rub it around. Then another hand placed on top of his, slightly larger one. Daniel is smiling with him, down to the bump and rubbing the bump together with Seongwoo’s hand.

 

Dr. Yoo stares at them before she nods and starts asking for the nurse some help. 

 

*

 

The scan was a success. Everything was perfect. They left after the scan ended. The blood test was normal and for the first time, he found out that he is an AB positive. And Daniel couldn’t stop teasing him about being a stingy person. All because of him being AB.

 

“Can you stop teasing me about my blood group? You’re annoying me, since the result came out.” Seongwoo glared at his husband who giggles and continuously poking his cheek. He angrily slap his hand away.

 

“Aww don’t such a sour puss, hyung. I just can’t help it though. AB is such a stingy person and they only know to take blood from every group but they can only give theirs to their own kind. Poor the other blood group though. So sad.” The younger jutted his lips, hands making an action of someone is tearing up, in a mockingly teasing way, just so he could annoyed his husband even more.

 

The older punched his arm and slapping them continuously and pushing him back and walked faster from his husband. He’s pissed off and can’t stand the teasing, also because of his emotions that is unstable due to the pregnancy. Daniel laughs but then quickly ran after his sulking husband. Apologising to him and promise that he will stop teasing the older. 

 

“Not enough. You’re gonna sleep on the couch tonight.” Daniel gasped and again he keeps apologising to him. More like he’s pleading for forgiveness. Well, let’s just say it does not go well and Daniel didn’t ended up sleeping on the couch, but of course before that he keeps begging for forgiveness. He even knelt down because he just have to.

 

*

 

A month later, they visit the doctor again, for the fourth time. This time, they went for a visit is because they want to find out about their baby’s gender. Dr. Yoo had promised them about it. She says that it’s a good time for them to find out about the gender since the baby is big enough.

 

They did it and found out that their baby is going to be a girl. Gosh how excited they were about finding out the gender. Truly happy and euphoric about it, and not to mentioned they’re feelings were jumbled up. They just couldn’t really tell how they feel besides being happy, excited, euphoric, overwhelmed and so much more. They can feel scared and anxious too since they are going to have a baby. In the next four months. Will they be ready by then? Can they take care of her after she’s born?

 

 

Daniel practically cried after they found out that they are having a baby girl. And Seongwoo got them all in his phone. Recorded and safely saved inside his phone for a future purpose of blackmailing his husband or so. He just keeps laughing about how his younger is. Madly crying and sobbing about it, that he had to console his husband. Patting his back as he hug him. Supposedly, he was the one who need the consoling but not Daniel, but he takes it. Since he’s way more calmer and composed about it.

 

That’s just some part of it though. There are still more to come in their way. A lot more exciting adventure gonna come. Like, how Daniel is going to be crazy in handling and dealing with Seongwoo’s crazy demand of food or whatever things he is yearning for. And also dealing about his crazy, twisted emotions.

 

But that story will be told in later part of the story.

 


 

3.6k words. Sort of. Sorry, it's not 5k like I said it should in my foreword. But I think that it's just gonna be 3k++ only lol. 

But maybe one of these days or chapter would turn into 5k. But no promises again, though.

I'm sorry for the typos. Do leave your comments.

Subscribe and show me love.

Hmm, next chapter I'll be talking about Seongwoo's pregnant emotions and appetite xD.

Daniel is gonna have a hard time trying to fulfilled Seongwoo's yearning hahaha.