Ji-Ae (IX)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

Ji-Ae has grown beautifully for the past months. She is now almost seven months old. Crawling is her favourite actions she loves to do. She crawls everywhere and anywhere when she wants to. Also, Ji-Ae can slowly stand up but with some help. But not all the time because she tend to fall on her and cry later on since it hurts. Playing with her fathers are her favourite too. She would smile, laughs and, reacted to them when they try to get her attention.

She stops drinking milk now, but Seongwoo still gave her milk when they didn't have any baby food. Otherwise, Ji-Ae would eat her puree food that was prepared by Seongwoo or Mrs. Loo. 

Mrs. Loo have became one of the important person in their life. Helping to take care of her when they really needed it and will always offers herself when she felt like they fathers are struggling on something. She is their hero in real life. Seongwoo and Daniel have became way more busy than they were before so it's even harder for them to be at home for Ji-Ae. Or to spend time with her. The only times they are free is when it's the weekend.

They didn't really need to worry about her tantrum anymore or her attitude. Ji-Ae is way smarter now and more obedient and independent. But every child would need their father in their lives.

It's became much easier to teach her stuff, such as chewing with them doing the action to her as they feed her baby food. Potty train her since she needed to be potty train while she still can. 

Teething. One other thing that is new to them. Ji-Ae has starts teething and the doctor has once told them that it's painful for the baby. They could develop fever while their tooth starts to show. So they have to prepare some medicines to help easing up her fever or the pain if it's necessary. They would suggest buying a topical base pain reliever so it's easier to give to the young toddler.

"Is that the reason she loves to put her toys in ?" asked Daniel one time when they took her to the clinic for check up and because she is crying non stop, probably because of her teeth starts to grow. The doctor shows it to them when they told her why she has been crying all day and she recently loves to shove her toys and small piece of stuff into and she drools a lot too.

The doctor smile and nods, "Yes. That is one reason why she put her toys into . Baby her age starts growing her teeth and they tend to drools more because of the teeth is growing and because she need to chew on stuff because of the teething too. It is nothing to worry about. However, it may pained them because it's uncomfortable. Anything else is normal. She is very healthy and growing so well.

The couple looked at each other and sigh in relief. They thought something might happen to her but turns out, her teeth is growing out. They both cooed when the doctor shows them the small white teeth that has started showing. 

"That's a relief then. Thanks a lot, doctor." Seongwoo add, nuzzling Ji-Ae closer and kissing her temple as she smiles and make her baby noise that they were used to now. She loves it, being nuzzled or cuddled and pamper with by both her fathers. So every time one of them would kissed her, she would either laughs or just simply gurgles happily. That made them both melts.

*

Ji-Ae's favourite food is porridge and some of the mashed fruits. Preferably avocado and peaches. When Seongwoo first saw Daniel fed her mashed peaches, he would raised his brow to his young husband. No need to say anything and just looked at him incredulously. While Daniel would stop midway through the feeding and the sound of choo choo train when he felt his husband staring at the back of his head.

"What?" he would ask.

"Peaches?" Seongwoo would point out to the mashed fruits in the bowl.

"Yes. Ji-Ae love it and we can't always feed her avocado. At least change the fruit."

"Yeah, but we can't also feed her only fruits. Vegetables are important too. Like mashed potato or mashed carrots or something." Seongwoo says moving to sit next to his husband.

"We can do that later. For now let's just give her fruits. She loves them anyway." Daniel says nonchalantly. Continuing with his choo choo train and feed her with the peaches. Ji-Ae opens wide and clamped once the food are inside and she will bounced herself in the baby chair. Smashing her hand on the table while she munched slowly to the sweet fruits. Ji-Ae would smile and giggles happily. She will also babbles and blow some bubbles using her saliva, then laughs to it.

Seongwoo and Daniel would coo to her cuteness because they are so whipped for their baby girl.

Ji-Ae's favorite word or babbles are 'ba'. She would always babbles the word in chained consonants, especially when she wants to talk to her fathers or gets their attentions.

"Ba...ba-ba-ba!" Ji-Ae babbles together with slapping her hands on the table. Her legs and body bounces every time she smack her hand down. She smiles widely that looks just like the sun. Looking exactly the same like Daniel's. Bright, shiny and all toothy and, wide. It made Seongwoo's heart blooms. Ji-Ae makes everybody smiles every time she smiles or laugh.

Even though she is just seven months old, Ji-Ae listens well to her fathers. When she became a little bit naughty and trying to make chaos, Seongwoo would firmly said no to her. His index finger raised up as a warning whenever she's about to start a tantrum. And if she cries, or wail, smashing her toys around, Seongwoo still did the same thing. Scolding her. Even Daniel and Mrs. Loo would scold her and watches as her lower lip trembles. They can't always be nice to her. They needed to teach her how to be independent and how to control her emotions.

*

Ji-Ae obviously love going out from the house. When both of her father are at home. She would use her words. Even with the babbling sounds, they usually understand what she want.

"Ba! Ba-ba-ba...Ba!" 

Daniel turns to her, "Hm? You want to go to the park today? Is that it, sugar plum?"

Ji-Ae smiles brightly, "Ba!" and answer her Papa, hands raised up, asking to be carry out of her playpen. And Daniel carry her out of the playpen and went to the small lounge room where they have created. More like a place where all the books, and their works being kept.

Finding Seongwoo sitting by his desk, working. He had some issues with the shipment that he needed to write some report regarding it. Even though it was supposed to be Minhyun's job, but he had given his friend a vacation. For a week, so he didn't want to bother his friend going on a vacation. Not for the week.

A soft knock pulls him out of his working mood. He raised his head to find Daniel standing by the doorway with Ji-Ae in his arm. The bigger baby girl of theirs bounced herself in Daniel's arm and blowing raspeberries. She giggles to herself which made them both smiles to her cuteness.

"Ji-Ae wants to go to the park today." Daniel says, walking closer to his husband. He went around the table and leans down to give him a peck on his temple.

Seongwoo hums, "Did she now. Well if the park is where she wants to go, then the park it will be." Seongwoo says, stretching himself like a cat. Both his arms went over his head and he yawns a little bit.

The bones and his muscles starts to get stiff so he needed a break and continue on later once they came back from their evening walk at the park.

"Hopefully she didn't disturb you with your work."

Seongwoo brushed it off, "Nonsense. I'll do anything for uri cupcake over here. My work can wait." he bopped his nose with her and she giggles to that.

They slowly moves out of the room and get ready for their evening walk. Changing Ji-Ae into a better clothes and taking out some of her baby food and even milk. Packing a few diapers and small towel just in case for emergency. Water bottle for them both and some snacks. Maybe they would even go for a picnic. The weather looks great and perfect for a picnic.

*

Daniel lay out the mat for picnic when they spotted a nice place. Which is not that hot and not that cold. They were shielded by the large trees so only rays of sunshine brightens up the area. It's not that dark too. It's a perfect spot.

Cool breeze would blow through their hair and make the leaf from the trees dances. Even the pond would create small waves when the wind blows. It's good enough.

Seongwoo placed Ji-Ae on the mat carefully and sat next to her. Passing her all her favourite toys. Most of them are plush toys so it's not that harmful. They even have her teething toys too so she wouldn't shove the plush toys into . 

The couple and their daughter enjoy their evening together. Eating whatever food they've bought from the food truck and some of the small food stall for an evening snack. In between that, they would feed her with her baby food. She would obediently open for them to feed, while she busy playing with her toys.

When she sees a butterfly flying around, she stop and stare at it. As if her stare would magically get the butterfly to come closer to her or appear right in front of her.

It does slowly flew closed to them. And when it fly so closed and landed on her nose, she froze and stare at the butterfly. Which made her to squint her eyes. That made them both laugh at how cute she is. Daniel quickly pulled his camera out and snap several pictures of her. And how the butterfly stays still on her nose while she too kept sitting there without moving a muscle.

Seongwoo shooed the butterfly away and it went away. Luckily she didn't cry when it went away. She just follow the butterfly around until it disappear, and she babbles. Continuing playing with her toys.

*

The evening ended so quick and they found Ji-Ae fast asleep in the stroller after they ended their picnic. She slowly dozed off once Daniel placed her back into the stroller. At first she flails her legs around and her arms, then babbles and blowing bubbles. And clapping her hands, which was something new again to the couple and the first time they ever saw her claps, until she slowly dozing off.

Eyes slowly flutter shut and sleep. They cooed and Daniel took few more pictures of her sleeping.

He will make sure to jot down the memories he had made since she was born to this world. He has an album that is full of her pictures and some of their own family of three pictures too. He would decorates them when he have some spare times and wrote down whatever suits best on the picture he had taken.

 

They reach their house and Seongwoo took her out of the stroller. Needing to wash her just a tad bit before he puts her too sleep again. She'll probably gonna get cranky but he has too. While Daniel puts away all the stuff they brought to their walk. Cleaning everything up and went to take his own shower. He washed up quickly so that he could let Seongwoo take his own shower too before they went to bed.

Ji-Ae did throw her little tantrum when Seongwoo took her to bath. Splashing the water and even manage to babble in a way she wants to say 'No' but in the form of 'Da'. Seongwoo raised his brow at the new consonant.

"Is that supposed to be your no to me cleaning you, cupcake?"

Ji-Ae scowled or frown, "Da!" she babbles again. Splashing the water even more.

Seongwoo chuckles, "Alright alright. Da will make it quick and we'll go back to sleep, okay?" he leans in to kiss her wet hair. 

They continue on with her bath and then changing her to her onesie. Seongwoo slowly make his way to her playpen and when he was about to place her in, she thrashes in his arm. Another 'Da' came out. Hands gripping his shirt tightly, as if she is telling him not to place her into her playpen.

Seongwoo frowns, pulling her away from him slightly to look into her face.

"Baby cake, what's the matter. Don't you want to sleep? Aren't you tired?"

"Da.."

He blinks. Maybe it's his motherly instinct or maybe he could easily read her, but he guessed that his baby girl wants to sleep with him and Daniel. He try again to put her inside her playpen but once again she whines and whimper, hands gripping tighter and tighter. Not wanting to let him go.

So he was right. She wants to sleep with her daddy tonight. Seongwoo melted, kissing her temple sweetly and tenderly before he moves to his shared bedroom with Daniel. Softly whisper to her, "Okay, baby. Let's go sleep."

Daniel is already waiting for Seongwoo after he's done taking shower. When Seongwoo walked in with Ji-Ae resting her head on his shoulder, he sat up and gave Seongwoo a silent questioning look. And his older husband just looked at him. A simple expression that read 'She wanted to sleep with us tonight'. 

The younger blinks but then he smiles at the thought their little girl will be sleeping with them tonight. Seongwoo thought of continuing with his work from this evening but he decide that it can wait and went to sleep. He's tired anyway.

"Here. I'm going to take a shower. Put her to sleep for me, love. Thanks." he says, pecking Daniel on the cheek after he passed Ji-Ae to him.

"Alright." Daniel reply.

*

And that's how they found themselves in bed, both facing each other with Ji-Ae sleeping between them. Snuggling to Daniel, her hand is curled up into his tank top, softly sleeping without a care in the world.

While both the father just watch her sleep. Honey dripping down their eyes and a fond smile painted their lips.

Ji-Ae is just too adorable and too sweet to them. They will keep saying how they managed to get such a lovely, cute little girl in their life. How did they created her and how can she turned to be very pretty and loveable and sweet little girl.

She is everything to them. She means the world to the two and nothing can take her away or separates them. 

Seongwoo hums to a lullaby song even though she is already fast asleep. His hand pats softly over her small body as he slowly closed his eyes. Daniel winds up his arms over until he could wrapped Seongwoo's waist. Scooting a little closer but carefully not to crush or wake Ji-Ae up.

"Good night and I love you." Daniel softly whisper.

Seongwoo gave him a small smile, "Good night and I love you too."

They leans their faces closer to share a short, chaste kiss and went to sleep.

 


 

I did say this chapter should be the and Niel being jealous, but this is not it xDD

I'm sorry, this just came up and I feel like writing it down.

I promise that the next one will be and the jealous Niel :33

I hope you guys would enjoy this chapter and cooed to her cuteness like I do while I wrote this. I practically squealed and fangirling over her cuteness xD

Sorry for the typos and bye!