Ji-Ae (VII P2)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

It’s on the third week that Mrs. Loo had called to informed she had to go back to her hometown because she had a wedding to attend to. But that’s really not the real problem. The biggest problem is that, she had to be away for a week. One week without a babysitter means one week of trouble.

 

“Can we call Somi again to come over and take care of her?” Daniel suggested.

 

“No, she’s starting her last semester of college in two more days so I don’t want to bother her.” Seongwoo says from the closet. He’s just taken his shower and is currently choosing his shirt and blazer and necktie. Since he have dozens of collections and designs. Being rich and an CEO have it perks. They are able to buy stuff easily and won’t have a problem about it.

 

Seongwoo and Daniel share their closet. One side is Daniel’s and the other side is Seongwoo’s. At the center of the closet have a display of watches, neckties and other jewelries. And a cabinet full of shoes. Lots and lots of it. They never brag to people about it. And most of the clothes they have in their closet were rarely used anyway. They both basically love wearing simple t-shirt or hoodies or sweaters or tank tops. Simple and easy to move around the house.

 

Seongwoo walked back in with his necktie around his neck. Daniel make a move to fix it for him even though Seongwoo is fully capable of doing it on his own. The older smiles and gave him a peck, “Thanks baby.” Daniel grins and pats his shoulder. “Anytime babe. So what are we gonna do about Ji-Ae. I can’t call Jisung hyung to come in or even Jaehwan.”

 

Seongwoo shrug and sigh, “Me either. I can’t ask Minhyun to help or Jinyoung. I have an important meeting to attend to today and Minhyun had warned me about it two weeks ago.” Another sigh escaped his mouth. Hands went through his hair for the nth time.

 

Ji-Ae was playing with her favourite plush toy that Seongwoo had brought home on the day he went back to work. It’s basically like an exampl for their upcoming toy that they’re planning to release. Since most of his staff kids are older. Meaning more than 7 years old, he had to take the toy home and gave it to Ji-Ae. Surprisingly, the black cat plush toy became her favourite toy now. She barely left the toy after Seongwoo had brought it home. He cooed when he sees her hugging or simply holding on to the toy.

 

Okay, back to the real crisis here. Who the hell is going to take care of Ji-Ae since Mrs. Loo is out of the picture. Both of them looked at each other. It’s like they have the same sort of idea. Even though it’s a ing bad idea and they both will probably ed up but, they have no other choice.

 

“Rock, paper, scissors?”

 

Daniel nods and they both quickly play the game to see who is it gonna be for today.

 

*

 

“Kang Daniel. Do you have any idea what you’re doing is entirely against the rules right?” The boss stares directly into Daniel’s eyes who then shifted his eyes into the baby in Daniel’s arm.

 

Daniel nods and quickly bow down, carefully bowing with his arm around Ji-Ae.

 

“I’m very sorry sir. But our babysitter is away and we couldn’t find anyone to replace her and um, we totally have no idea where to find the closest nursery that we can send her to. I’m very sorry sir.” Daniel apologised and bowing for a few times. Ji-Ae didn’t have a single clue what on Earth is her daddy is talking about. She only led into her pacifier and her wide eyes were looking around the room even though she don’t know where she is or what they are. She only knows that her daddy is with her.

 

The boss pressed his fingers between his eyes, trying his best to stay calm and not to get angry at Daniel. He knows that Daniel is a good kid. A very well personal assistant that he had since Daniel came to work for him. So he will let this one slip for today. Just today.

 

He sigh, “Alright. I’ll let you go just for today.” Daniel gratefully smiles at his boss, “And you have to keep an eye on her for the whole day. But if there is any urgent meetings or stuff that we need to go to, that is when you came in and decided what to do. Please, don’t involved the others if you can. Go, you are dismissed. I hope nobody will filled a complaint about this.”

 

Daniel smiles even wider and bows to his boss again. “Thank you sir! I will do my best and don’t you worry. Thank you so much.” With that Daniel slips out of the room and went straight to his desk just the opposite of his boss.

 

*

 

The sound of loud cries pierced through the whole department where Daniel is working in. Everybody peeks from their own desk to where Daniel is, seeing how Daniel is struggling in handling his daughter crying out loud. Even his boss keeps looking through his blinds out to Daniel’s desk because how can anyone ignore the loud cries of a three months old baby.

 

Jaehwan and Jisung had already stand around Daniel’s desk, trying to help Daniel even though the younger had told them to just leave and he’ll handle her by himself.

 

“Did you check her diapers? Or does she have some tummy ache? I mean bloating or something? When did you last fed her?” Jisung asked, since he try to figure out why did Ji-Ae crying for. Jaehwan is looking into the medium sized bag that belongs to Ji-Ae, just wanted to see if there is any baby oil that can soothed up bloating tummy if she had one.

 

“I did check and changed them. No, Ji-Ae rarely had any tummy problems or bloating and I..maybe she is hungry? I–I forgot when was the last time she had her milk.” He blinked. Eyes screw shuts as he tries to remember when was the last time she had her milk. Oh my god, this is a disaster and his thought was cut short when Ji-Ae wails even louder now. Jisung swoops in and starts to bounced her up and down on his shoulder.

 

“Think fast Daniel. When is it? This morning before you came to work? Or later than that?” Jisung turns around and shushing Ji-Ae to try and get her to stop crying but it’s harder than he thought. Jaehwan took out her black cat plush toy he had found and a rattle that looks like a rabbit. He faced her and starts playing with Ji-Ae. 

 

“Uh...oh my god. Umm...ah! It was after we woke up this morning. Somewhere around...six?”

 

Jisung turns his head, “Kang Daniel. It’s already seven hours since she last had one! Go and make her milk now. Oh my god.” 

 

Jisung couldn’t believed how careless and forgetful Daniel is even after he had one child with Seongwoo. He scrambles out of his chair and went into the staff pantry where they had their lunch and all. If Seongwoo knows, his husband is gonna kill him. Supposedly it’s not that big of a deal for a three months old. They can somehow hold off their hunger a bit more longer than newly born baby, but sometimes they don’t.

 

Seven hours is long, and Ji-Ae usually had her milk five hours after her last ones. And Daniel had to forget about the time she last had her milk.

 

“Daniel!” He heard Jaehwan and Jisung screams from his desk. A few others was gasping in shocked about something. His expression fell at the thought of what had just happen for the others to respond like something really bad had happened to Ji-Ae. He quickly made the milk and shook it as he ran back to his desk.

 

Stopping drop dead with his mouth wide open. He almost drop the bottle to the ground. 

 

Oh .

 

*

 

Turns out Ji-Ae had throw up all over Jisung’s shoulder while the older try to calm her. She did have an upset tummy that when Jisung bounced her around, the peristalsis of her stomach kicked in and made her throw everything out onto Jisung’s shoulder. 

 

His boss ran out when he heard someone churned something out and had his jaws dropped at the sight before him. Facepalming and glaring to Daniel at the same time.

 

The red haired quickly took Ji-Ae out of Jisung’s hold and ran into the staff bathroom to clean her up. Jisung and Jaehwan walked into the bathroom too seconds later with Jisung grimacing in disgust at the sight if Ji-Ae’s vomit on his shoulder. His coat are covered up by her vomit, which is basically undigested milk. Or maybe...gastric juice? He’s not that sure about it because he don’t really want to know what they are anyway.

 

“Hyung. I am so sorry about the...um Ji-Ae. I didn’t think that she would...throw up.” Daniel choked and apologised to Jisung even though he didn’t looked at the older since he’s cleaning Ji-Ae.

 

“No no. It’s alright Daniel. It’s my fault for bouncing her up and down and didn’t prepare myself for the worst part which is her throwing up on me. Who would have thought eh.” Jisung laughs when he thinks back how he freezes when Ji-Ae throws up on him just seconds ago.

 

Jaehwan laughing along with him, helping the older cleaning his back. “She almost threw up on me though. I was so close to her seconds before she throw up and I’m glad I backed off when she did.”

 

“Oh poohoo. Help me with my coat already. Rinse them under the tap water.” Jisung says, and took off his coat. He pass it to Jaehwan. Then he stripped off and try to clean up his shirt. Daniel kept apologising even after he had done cleaning Ji-Ae and also changing her diaper again.

 

Jisung just waves it off and told him to go and just try and feed her, if she wants any milk after she had done her job on Jisung’s shoulder. Ji-Ae was blinking owlishly to her papa. Her big round eyes simply stares back at him as he went to his desk.

 

Thank god the cleaner had started moping the floor where she had just thrown up. Apologising to them as well. And even to the others.

 

*

 

Seongwoo found out about the mess Ji-Ae had caused but he wasn’t angry about it at all. He apologises to Daniel because of all the trouble Ji-Ae had done.

 

“It’s fine, hyung. I-It’s really hard because I have to work and look after her but I can manage.”

 

‘It’s too early to say that, Niel. We have five more days to go before Mrs. Loo come back.’

 

“I know...”

 

They went silent for a moment. Daniel is mentally screaming as he glance to his side, at his daughter sleeping form on the cushion he had stacked at the side of his desk. Since there is no crib so he had to steal all the cushions out from the lounging area. Ji-Ae is peacefully sleeping without a care in the world. Daniel is mentally screaming because he has another problem that he couldn’t tell his husband about. He need to follow his boss for an Expo later and...what is he gonna do with Ji-Ae. The Expo meeting would probably be horrendous but he can’t do anything about it.

 

‘I’ll see you later Nielie.’

 

Daniel reply back. He hung his head low and thinking about the possibility of taking Ji-Ae with him. There is no way he’s gonna pass her to his colleague. Not even to Jisung or Jaehwan. He just have to bring her with him and deal the consequences later.

 

*

 

When he got back and found Seongwoo already there and had just finished cooking dinner. Daniel immediately ran to him and hug his husband tightly. Of course he almost squeezed Ji-Ae between them so he placed her in the baby chair and went back hugging his husband. He sobs, nuzzling his face into the crook of Seongwoo’s neck.

 

Seongwoo was startled by the sudden back hug and he turns around to see his husband. He couldn’t really see his face since after Daniel had placed Ji-Ae in the high chair, the younger had hid his face into his neck. Arms around his waist got tighter. They stood there in silent, with the only noises being made by Ji-Ae.

 

“Daniel?”

 

“Hyung~ It’s a disaster.”

 

Seongwoo pressed his lips together, forming a thin line. “What is a disaster, Nielie?”

 

“The office...My b–boss,” he croaks out a sob, nuzzling his face further into Seongwoo’s neck, “Ji-Ae is...she’s okay...just at times she throws her tantrum and...and when that happens, it was chaos.”

 

Seongwoo sigh. His hand came up and placed them on top of Daniel’s that is wrapped around his waist. Thumb softly caressing the arms.

 

“Oh Nielie. It’s never a good idea to take her along to work but since we had no other choice, we just have too. I know it’s hard and I am sorry for the trouble that had befallen in your office. I’m sure they’ll forgive you. Surely your boss would understand out crisis. If you need me to talk to him, them I can.” He turns his body around and shushing his husband. Hands went up to play with Daniel’s hair, pushing them back and them whenever he can just to calm his crying husband.

 

Daniel sobs and hums softly. Feeling a little better when Seongwoo starts his hair and giving him kisses. He’s not even angry to their daughter at all. He’s the one that decide to take the risk so he will deal with it. Seongwoo would be too, tomorrow so for today, he will just try to get Daniel to calm down. In between his consolation, he glances to his daughter and smiles when she slightly tilted her head to her fathers.

 

Seongwoo gave her a blowing kiss and promised to later give her his kisses. Even though she doesn’t understand a thing about why her papa is crying or etc, she just sat there in silent. 

 

The older keeps shushing his husband and whispers sweet words to him. Knowing that Daniel will stop crying very soon. 

 

*

 

The next day, it’s Seongwoo’s turn to be in trouble. It’s actually worst than Daniel since Seongwoo is the CEO, he had to carry Ji-Ae in the carrier and a her bag with him all the way up to the highest floor where his office is and where everybody he knows are. Yes he owned the building but his office is located at the top floor.

 

So through the elevator ride, all of his staff bows to him and stared down into the carrier where Ji-Ae is. They are slightly surprised to see their boss is bringing his baby girl with him to work. Seongwoo wanted the ground to swallow him whole because it’s too awkward for him. He just simply greets them back and smile at them.

 

A staff helps to hold the door for him when he reached the top floor and same goes to the glass door. They all just gave him the look of shocked. But nobody dare to ask him.

 

Minhyun and Jinyoung saw him passing by the pantry and they almost dropped the cup they were holding. There is no way that Seongwoo brought Ji-Ae to work. They both quickly went to his office to check

 

“Seongwoo, what the hell...oh my god.” Minhyun gasped when he sees Ji-Ae is inside the carrier, ling into her pacifier. While Seongwoo groans and hide his face into his hand as he sat on the couch.

 

“Seongwoo ah, do you have any idea what you’re doing is wrong?”

 

“Seongwoo, you have a god damn meeting today! Outside if you have forgotten. Who’s gonna look after her while you’re out? Why is she here and not at home with the babysitter you’ve hired?”

 

Seongwoo groans louder and straighten himself up. “That is the reason why okay. Mrs. Loo is away and we both have nobody to ask to babysit her. So Daniel and I had agree to take her to work alternately. So I’m sorry about this but I can’t leave her with Daniel today because he had taken her there yesterday.”

 

They both shut their mouth, until Minhyun open his mouth again. “You’re late.”

 

“That’s because I went to Daniel’s office to meet with his boss. Not to mentioned he was shocked to see me there. It’s not like the man didn’t know that Daniel is married to me that he had suddenly treat me so kind and gentle. Weird but I’ll take it. I had to explain to him on why Ji-Ae will be visiting Daniel again in two more days and to tell you the truth, I never thought the man would understand us. He says he will allows Daniel to bring her in again tomorrow but on one condition. He need to make sure she is under control. Like does he think Ji-Ae could crawl herself out and walks around the place? Anyway, I said okay and that’s it.”

 

“He told you she need to be under control is was it because she gave problem to him yesterday?” Jinyoung asked, moving closer to the carrier and cooed when he sees her turning her head at the new person.

 

“No? She was well behaved, except for the part where she threw up all over Jisung hyung. But other than that, it was fantastic. Oh not her tantrum of course. You know I just have to make sure that Daniel is okay since he was crying yesterday.”

 

Minhyun snorts, “Well don’t you think that today will be your turn to cry?”

 

Seongwoo bit his lip and gazed down into the carrier. Ji-Ae gurgles again and keep her pacifier. He heave a sigh, “I’ll deal with it.”

 

*

 

Seongwoo have it worst. While he was out for the meeting, he couldn’t keep his mind focus on the topics they were discussing about. He kept checking his phone and asking if Ji-Ae is okay. Then excusing himself so that he could gave Sera, a girl that works under the design department. They had lots of toys there so he thought it would be a good idea to bring her down to her. And turns out the whole department squeals when they saw Ji-Ae. The promised to take good care of her while he’s out. Jinyoung promised that he will stop by every minutes when he get to.

 

Even though he didn’t have to deal with Ji-Ae but learning that the baby had grew up with him and is so used to Seongwoo made it worst. Because Ji-Ae is too attached to Seongwoo and when feels that her daddy was not around, she throws her tantrum. She did the same yesterday when she couldn’t feel her papa being close to her. 

 

It didn’t stop even after Daniel came to get her and nor does when Seongwoo rushes back to his office.

 

Ji-Ae got cranky later after and she smacked Minhyun on the face when he try to pull the pacifier out of . 

 

“She just smacked me!”

 

“I get that a lot of times when she’s angry or pissy. You have to be gentle with her.”

 

“How can I if she doesn’t want to behave. Oh my god...” Minhyun dodge away when Ji-Ae throw he toy out. “That is precious toy, Ji-Ae. Good girl shouldn’t be throwing stuff.”

 

Seongwoo chuckles and went over to help his friend. He scooped her out of the carrier and walks back to his desk. Sitting her on his lap as he read through the paper. She frowns and blinks around when she see something new on top of Seongwoo’s desk. Stretching her little short limb out to try and grab them.

 

Seongwoo saw this and quickly hold her hand, stopping her from grabbing whatever is in her reach. Ji-Ae made a sound, basically it’s like a sound of her whining. “Ah ah, baby. You can’t take that, sweetheart.” Seongwoo kisses the top of her head and keep reading the papers. Minhyun just blinked at Seongwoo and shrugs.

 

“You know her better since you gave birth to her. I’ll be outside preparing your speech for the Expo next week. You need to learn and memorised their names. The important people of course.” He heard his boss, best friend sigh loudly.

 

“I know so don’t remind me about it. Anyway, I’ll get back to you later.”

 

*

 

“So I was wrong to think that Ji-Ae would behave even worst with me but so far she’s a good girl at my workplace.”

 

Daniel whined, “I told you she loves you more! That’s why she didn’t give you that much trouble like she did at my workplace.”

 

“Are you saying she is a troublemaker, Nielie?”

 

Daniel choked on his soda, “No! Our baby girl is not a troublemaker. I’m sorry if you think that way, hyung. I never ever think that she is one.”

 

Seongwoo stared at his husband, but he then smile. “I know you mean well. And I know you didn’t mean that at all, so don’t worry okay.”

 

Daniel leans closer to Seongwoo and give their daughter a kiss which led her to giggling and smiling brightly. They both melted into a puddle of goo. Gosh, she is too precious.

 

*

 

The chaos goes on for the next six days. Daniel struggles in jumbling his work and looking after Ji-Ae. At one time, he had to asked for his colleagues help when he had urgent things to run to. Such as going out to get the contract for his boss. Or run other errands that he has to be gone for an hour or two. Jisung and Jaehwan would keep their eyes on her and so does the others in the building.

 

They play with her, change her diapers, feed her milk, put her to sleep and so much more. They try their best. Even when she went to Seongwoo, he would do the same.

 

Minhyun would often keep an eye on her and so does Sera. Jinyoung too when he’s around. They managed to survived until Mrs. Loo came back the next day. On the day she came to stop by to say hello, she found them sleeping but Seongwoo was awake and sat up straight on the couch. Ji-Ae is sleeping on top of Daniel’s chest with his arm around wrapped securely around her. His head rested on Seongwoo’s shoulder.

 

“Mrs. Loo, welcome back.” He whispered softly while he gesture to his side where Daniel and Ji-Ae is.

 

She just nods her head and left a box of souvenir on the coffee table. “I’ll be back tomorrow. Just stopping by to let you know that I’m back.” Seongwoo just nod his head to acknowledge her. She went off and locked the door. Daniel stirs around but make no move to get up or even wake up. They are having their precious Sunday.

 

At least they are able to survived the week.

 


 

Should I...make one chapter in this story? Haha

But maybe I'll make her a bit bigger, like seven months old that they starts missing each other's touch haha

And a jealous Daniel :3 Btw, that Jinyoung is not our Jinyoung of W1. It's Got7 Jinyoung :DD

And I kind of want to make Daniel think that Jinyoung is flirting with Seongwoo since he never seen him before or met him that he misunderstabd their friendship.

Oh, Seongwoo will found out very quick because Daniel is an open book and Seongwoo is a shrewd ;DD

Enjoy this update. I actually wanted to make it longer and watch them suffer even more but meh.