Ji-Ae (II)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

When Seongwoo first vomitted his content out, he was in a meeting. He didn’t know about it at that time, the reason why he suddenly throw up. Or does his staff knows about it to. Well he didn’t really throwed up but he had the urge to do so.

 

“So our next target is to strive more and attracts more customer to buy the toys. Since we had once sold out the seal plush just within hours after it was being introduced, so we need to get that same achievement again with another...” Seongwoo paused. He had the sudden urge to throw up so he turn around and clasp a hand over his mouth. His workers starts to get worried about him when he crouches down. Like he was trying to hide himself from everyone there.

 

“Daepyonim? Is everything okay?” His assistant steps closer to make sure that their boss are okay. He didn’t know what to do, but he flashes a small smile to everyone and join Seongwoo on the floor who still had his hand around his mouth. Eyes screwed tight and face scrunches. His assistant whisper softly, just so only the two can hear.

 

“Seongwoo, talk to me. Are you okay? Do u want me to call off the meeting?” Seongwoo shook his head without looking at his assistant, or better yet his best friend, Minhyun. The latter stays like that for another minutes until the feeling to throw up went off. Everybody is murmuring about their boss and looking very much worried about him. They never seen Seongwoo looking so weak or even pale. Nor do they ever seen the man getting sick but today was different and it’s like Seongwoo is looking fragile.

 

Minhyun stays crouching next to him, soothingly rubbing his back until Seongwoo sigh and open his eyes to look at his best friend. They didn’t need to say anything, only by the looks of their face can they understand how they are so Minhyun helps him up. Straightening the suit on Seongwoo and step back to where he stood earlier on. And Seongwoo inhaled deeply before he turns around and continue with the meeting, apologising to them about what had happened.

 

*

 

It didn’t end there but the feeling of wanting to throw up keeps coming back after they ended the meeting. It gets worst that Seongwoo had to run towards his office to use the restroom there. Thank god his father had them installed inside the office for himself so Seongwoo didn’t need to share or use the one the staff is using.

 

Minhyun closely follows him to his office and he frowns when he sees him ran into the restroom and his frowning deepens even more to the sound of Seongwoo throwing his guts out.

 

The assistant placed the files and the tab down on the coffee table and went in to join Seongwoo, to check if his boss, his best friend is okay.

 

“Woo, you’re worrying me. Did you ate a bad meal or something? Or drank a spoil milk?” Minhyun knelt next to Seongwoo who held onto the toilet bowl like his life is depended on it. The assistan didn’t even care how nasty it looks like or how bad the smell is since he is more concerned about Seongwoo rather than about him getting dirty. The boss didn’t reply back. He slumped over the toilet bowl and shut his eyes.

 

“Seongwoo...talk to me.” Minhyun tries again. Gently running his hand over Seongwoo’s messy hair. Well, it’s messy not because Seongwoo ruffles them but that’s how he styles it. How he looks like when he use the gel to keep his hair looking messy or shaggy like. It suits him though.

 

Seongwoo sigh, “I don’t have a clue, Minhyun. I don’t...remember anything bad last night. Or the day before. Daniel ordered take outs from his favorite Italian restaurant last night so it wasn’t spoilt or bad. I...don’t really know.” He says, not really sure what else that would cause him to throw up. If he find out the cause he would have known and choose to go see the doctor or something, but he hasn’t had the slightest clue.

 

Minhyun didn’t say anything but nods his head, hands still running through Seongwoo’s hair. “Do you think...” he paused because he didn’t know how to bring the topic up. Maybe he could be wrong but maybe he’s not. Seongwoo slowly open his eyes to look at his friend, one eyebrow raised up in a confusing way.

 

“Do I think what?” He asked. The urge to hurl came back so he puffed up his cheeks like the way he did in the conference room hours ago. Holding it in for as long as he can.

 

“Maybe you should check with the doctor. Did you and Daniel recently slept together? As in that kind of sleeping together.” The assistan used his fingers to make the quote signs when he says the sleeping together part to Seongwoo.

 

“Yeah, like three days ago. Why do you want to know?”

 

“Well, that is too early to decide or to say that you might be...” he did it again, stopping half way without finishing what he wanted to say to Seongwoo, which is making the boss impatient.

 

“I might be what, Hyun? Pregnant?” He finishes the sentence for him. Minhyun hesitatedly nods his head. Seongwoo had to rolled his eyes at that.

 

“There is no way I’m pregnant, Min. I mean, it’s not possible, although we did try but we were never lucky.” He sigh, slowly leaning against the bathtub that he had installed in the restroom too, for some emergency purposed.

 

“But you could be though. Maybe you are so it’s better to take the test and make sure that it’s negative but if it’s positive than, I’ll say my congrats first.”

 

“Hyun, stop. I don’t think that is the reason for my vomiting.” Seongwoo dismisses the thought of being pregnant, because yes he and Daniel may have plan or tried to have a kid of their own but they weren’t that lucky yet so there is no way he is pregnant with his and Daniel’s child right now. Three days ago was too fast to suddenly makes him pregnant but...maybe five weeks ago could be the reason though. Daniel was rough with him five weeks ago and they made love like three times in a row because his younger husband misses him so badly since he eas away for a week. Flew to China for a conference and when Seongwoo came home, his husband had confined him to bed and well, the baby making process happens?? Can he say that here? 

 

, maybe he is pregnant and Minhyun is right. 

 

“Hyun, will you come with me?” The boss asked as he slowly stand up with Minhyun’s help. The latter nods and they both exited the room and Minhyun told Seongwoo’s secretary to cancelles all other meetings their boss have for that day. They left the building and the driver took them both to the nearest private clinic. For now, just to check if what Minhyun says is true.

 

*

 

Daniel came home late that day because his boss had a long meeting with some foreign people at their company and since Daniel is the assistant, he had to tag along and write down all the details of the meetings.

 

He came back to find his husband sitting cozily on the couch. Wrapped up with the blanket, eyes trained at whatever show that took his husband interest on the TV. The younger smiles and walks over to his husband. The older didn’t even batted his eyelashes when he sees Daniel approaching him but he did had the sudden urge to throw up, again. It will keep on happening for the next seven or eight more weeks and he has to endure all that.

 

He thought he could and didn’t flinch or budge from his spot when Daniel joined him on the couch. The cologne that Daniel is wearing is thick and musky that it’s making his head spinning. And it’s also making his gut churning like he’s riding a roller coaster.

 

Before Daniel could even greet him, Seongwoo made a quick dash towards the bathroom and it is sending the distress signal on Daniel, so he ran after Seongwoo when his husband ran and drop down to his knee near their toilet bowl. The older didn’t make it to the bowl but just simply throw up on the bathroom floor. 

 

Daniel widen his eyes. He’s worried and the millions of question starts to swim around in his head. Thinking hard about what is wrong with his husband. And the siren blares even louder in his head when he sees Seongwoo suddenly out after he vomitted.

 

“Seongwoo!”

 

*

 

Daniel couldn’t do anything but to carry his unconscious husband to bed and called up a doctor to come by since he didn’t know what else he could do. His husband looks pale and from the way he watched how he throw up earlier makes him so scared of him. Scared if something bad is going on with his husband.

 

Minutes later the doctor arrived with his nurse and they starts examining Seongwoo. Judginh by how the doctor’s eyebrow arched up suddenly, like he was surprised or just found out the reason why Seongwoo went unconscious, makes him curious. The doctor then smiles at Daniel, which kind of scary and creepy because he doesn’t know why he could even smile when his husband is not conscious. Daniel frowns.

 

“He’s fine, Mr. Kang. He only had some mild dehydration issue since he hasn’t drink anything for several hours now. And also some lack of nutrition since he hasn’t eaten too.” He explains with a smile like that’s bot something serious or severe for Daniel to be worried about. There is no way Seongwoo has been dieting. Why should he do that to himself when he’s already thin. What more does Seongwoo want that he skipped his meal for today and not drinking anything.

 

“That can’t be the only issue. There must be a reason behind on why he skipped his meal or lacks in drinking anything.” Daniel says, clearly not satisfied with the finding.

 

The doctor continue to smile, “Mr. Kang, it is normal for pregnant people to skip their meals when they are at their earliest stage of pregnancy. Especially when the fetus is so very small, like about five or six weeks old, the mother would have what we call an episode of Hyperemesis Gravidarum for several weeks until the fetus grew up to 12-13 weeks.” He explains, “But not all pregnant people would had the issue of getting morning sickness during their early stage. Some would develop morning sickness even when they are already full term, somewhere around 37 weeks and above. Some may develop them in the middle of their pregnancy. Each people have different kind of issue. As for your husband here, he developed them on his first trimester when the baby is barely even there.”

 

Daniel felt his jaws go slacken at the explanation. At the finding about his husband is...pregnant?! When?! How?! Why didn’t he know about this?!

 

The doctor and the nurse seems to realized that Daniel didn’t had a single clue that his husband was pregnant. They didn’t blame him since first time parents would never know if their partner or the person who is pregnant himself is pregnant but in this case, Seongwoo already know that he’s pregnant since earlier today he went to see the exact same doctor that came by to check up on him. Who could have thought that the doctor would come to see the same patient he had seen earlier today for the second time, but this time finding that the person he had confirmed being pregnant is unconscious.

 

“Mr. Kang, to tell you the truth and to make you believe to what I just said about your husband is pregnant, is that he came to me this afternoon and I had confirmed about him being pregnant. His records are all inside my tab if you still don’t believe me. But I assure you, with a few pints of IV drip, he’ll be good.” He says, asking his nurse to show the history of Seongwoo coming to see him that afternoon and Daniel gaped. Yeap, that is definitely Seongwoo’s and...oh my god.

 

The doctor set the IV line into Seongwoo’s hand and ran a pint of saline to stop his dehydration. He didn’t think that the man would stop drinking so he leave a few bottles of saline for Daniel to change them once the current one are finished. He even supply some anti emetic drugs for Seongwoo, in case Seongwoo feels like throwing up again. Metachlopromide works like a charm on morning sickness people. He taught Daniel how to inject the medicine into the line if he needed them after several hours later. For now, the nurse had already injected the med into the line while the drip is flowing inside and they left after they were sure that Seongwoo will be fine.

 

*

 

Daniel hasn’t left Seongwoo’s side since he went unconscious. He stays with him, laying down next to his sleeping husband, staring down at his husband’s face. He still couldn’t really believed that Seongwoo is pregnant, with their child and with that thought crosses his mind that he shifted his eyes downwards, to Seongwoo’s still flat tummy. A hand slowly reaches up and placed over the tummy and Daniel can’t help but to smile, slowly the tummy up and down.

 

There is a life slowly growing inside of Seongwoo and he was so overwhelmed about it. It’s unexpected and thought that they could never get a child but turns out they were wrong about it. Five weeks old or at least that is where Seongwoo is currently at. 

 

Seongwoo frowns and whimpers that made Daniel lifted up his head to see if his husband is doing okay. And slowly he watched him opening his eyes, fluttering around a few times before Seongwoo’s eyes met with Daniel’s. 

 

His younger husband smiles at him. “Hi baby. Are you feeling okay?” He softly ask Seongwoo who raised up his hand to run them through his hair.

 

“Not really but I’m still alive. Where are we?” Seongwoo asked, eyes darting around the room. “In our room, babe.” Daniel answered, assuring him that they are at home, hand still firmly placed over his tummy. It actually made his older husband realizes where his hand was and his eyes moves down to his tummy.

 

Now he remember what had happened to him. He remember running towards the toilet because he wanted to throw up and he barely even register on his husband following him or his name being shouted by Daniel. And everything else after that went blank. Guessed he had passed up due to his excessive time of throwing up for the whole day. And the IV connected to him, must be Daniel’s doing. 

 

“When did you plan to tell me.” Daniel finally asked him about the pregnancy. It’s not like he wanted to hide them, just that he himself only found out about him being pregnant that exact same day.

 

“When you came back this evening. But guessed you found out about it first. Sorry.” He apologises, not knowing what else to say. Daniel wasn’t even angry or upset, he’s actually thankful and happy about it. So when Seongwoo says he was sorry, he furrowed his eyebrow and shake his head.

 

“No baby, don’t be sorry. Why are you sorry about being pregnant? It’s a happy thing. Something that we have been waiting for a while now. I’m not mad about you being pregnant but I’m so happy. Very happy that I can’t contain my feelings of happiness, excitement and so much more, mixing altogether.” Daniel says, scooting closer to his husband and nuzzles his face into Seongwoo’s hair, inhaling the distinctive smell that belongs to Seongwoo. 

 

Seongwoo blushes and smiles at the thought of Daniel being happy of his pregnancy. Slowly he moves closer some more to Daniel, laying sideways so that he could hug him and buried his face into Daniel’s chest. And Daniel engulfed him with his hug and nuzzles his face deeper into Seongwoo’s hair. They lay like that for couple of minutes, or basically both weren’t sure for how long has they been laying, playing with each other’s hair, kissing slowly whenever they feel like it. Daniel moves out of bed to change the drip with the last remaining bottle and rubbing Seongwoo’s back soothingly, comfortingly when Seongwoo feels like he wanted to throw up again, but thank god he didn’t.

 

He even administered the antiemetic drugs through the IV line to stop Seongwoo from throwing up. 

 

They continue lying down on their bed with both men cuddling to each other. Seongwoo fell asleep while Daniel threads his fingers through his hair and pressing his lips softly over his temple and slowly snoozing off as well.

 

*

 

The doctor came by the next morning to see the progress and he smiles when Seongwoo looks much better and more active and hydrated rather than yesterday. He didn’t had any episodes of morning sickness since yesterday after Daniel administered the antiemetic drugs to him. Daniel had removed the IV line since it’s not needed anymore.

 

The older were quite surprised to see the doctor but he didn’t say anything but simply thanking the doctor. For all the help and advises.

 

After the doctor went back, Seongwoo starts with making themselves something to eat. He had called Minhyun earlier to say that he couldn’t come in today because he still need to rest and as his best friend, Minhyun didn’t say anything but told him to not do crazy activities since he know how Seongwoo is when he’s at home. Daniel did the same by telling his boss about the happy news, hoping that his boss would let him off for today but he was surprised that his boss gave him a week off at most since he knows how it feels like when your partner is going through morning sickness. 

 

Daniel beams, “Thank you dapyeonim!” He bows but then laughing to himself when the boss was not even there to see him bow. The boss chuckles and congratulates him and Seongwoo.

 

The younger was so happy that he hums to a song as he skipped his way to his husband that is busy with cooking them meal. He engulfed him from behind with his famous bear hug and pecking Seongwoo’s cheeks with eskimo kisses. It tickles and it made Seongwoo giggles.

 

The couple was excited. Although it is still a long way to go, but they can’t wait to meet their baby. Daniel gently wraps his arm around Seongwoo’s belly and slowly caressing them while he rest his chin on Seongwoo’s shoulder. The older hums to a song and let Daniel sways their body left to right and the caressing over his tummy is comforting.

 

“Love you, baby.” Daniel steal a kiss from Seongwoo when the older turns his head around.

 

Seongwoo hums, melting into the kiss, “Love you too, babe.”

 


 

It's another 3.2k long chapter. How am I supposed to write 5k long as I wrote in my forward hahaha.

Don't know if I could even wrote 5k, but I will keep trying and maybe...just maybe, I'll drag this slightly longer.

Maybe about 12-13 chapters. I'll see about it though. Still no promises.

Enjoy this chapter of Seongwoo having trouble with morning sickness :3

Next, will be another back story of him going for a check up, scanning the baby with Daniel accompanying him.

We'll get to see the baby's gender :DD

Sorry for the typos.