Ji-Ae (XI)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

Ji-Ae is turning ten months old soon and she can now take baby steps. Step by step. Slow but she is progressing well. And her babbles is getting even more prominent nowadays. She literally babbles every single day and has slowly stop taking milk. She prefers finger foods more now and all the smashes ones. Well, it’s easier to feed her. That’s what Seongwoo thinks.

 

Daniel is getting the hang of it. No problem with handling her anymore. As I said, He progresses well by every month. Being a literal Daddy’s girl, she couldn’t get off Seongwoo. She does looks more like him except, as I said once or maybe more, for the plump lips and the mole that is placed exactly under her right eye, just like Daniel’s.

 

She has grew even prettier and cuter now. Her hair is slowly growing even more and she is less cranky. 

 

Today, they are taking a time off to be with each other. Going out for a ride or picnicking somewhere that is not around Seoul. Maybe Busan, or Daegu. Or maybe Gapyeong, or Jeonju. Anywhere that is not Seoul or Incheon. Seongwoo taken a few days off, making his two best friends to handle the company for him. 

 

Oh, they decided to visit their parents aka Ji-Ae’s grandparents. And maybe, surprise them too. Which had surprised Seongwoo the most. Shocking is more suitable to describe his situation.

 

*

 

Seongwoo stares. He stares immensely at himself through the mirror. Is it just him or it’s the mirror teasing him. He turns around, but that didn’t help. He feels the urge to vomit so he left the mirror and ran into the bathroom. Daniel who just woke up and is still sleepily blinking around, quickly open his eyes wide when he saw his husband rushing to the bathroom and seconds later he heard him gagging.

 

He jumps out and rushed to his husband. 

 

“Seongwoo? Seongwoo, you okay?”

 

He didn’t answer even though he had stop gagging. Resting his head on the toilet bowl which is not sanitary because he just throws up in there but he didn’t give a right now. He breathe heavily and he could feel sweats trailed down his face. 

 

Daniel crouch down next to him. Hand placed behind him and slowly rubbing up and down. Pushing away the bangs that hides Seongwoo’s face and running his fingers through his hair too. He had never seen Seongwoo like this for sometimes. What had made him to suddenly throw up like that just a moment ago is still weird. Something he need to figure out.

 

Seongwoo pushed back and rested himself against Daniel. Instinctively the younger wraps his arms around. Holding him close like he is scared something would happen to Seongwoo again. The older didn’t open his eyes as he breathe heavily. This seems so similar to Seongwoo. Like he had gone through this before.

 

Daniel’s heartbeat is calming him. It’s not too fast and not too slow either. Surely Daniel must be worried about him but he knows Daniel. At a moment like this, he’ll try to be strong. Being embraced by his husband is nice. Since they make love one month ago, they manage to find some times for themselves. When Ji-Ae is asleep, they would cuddle by the couch and watched some random movies. 

 

When Mrs. Loo is around during the weekend, she would let the couple have their times by taking Ji-Ae out for a stroll. A knowing smile painted her face when she left the house. The two would have a nice bubble bath together. With Seongwoo rested against Daniel. 

 

Other times, they would add Ji-Ae into their moments together. So they don’t get deprived over one another anymore. Well, got pushed aside for now. That night was heavenly. Daniel was really satisfied but he pity his husband when the next morning he watched how Seongwoo struggle to move around the house. Every steps he made, Seongwoo would either groans or winced or whimpers.

 

And Daniel would chuckles for a short time before he moves to help him. The older would whines at him for being to rough last night and Daniel would say it’s not his fault because Seongwoo was the one who wanted it rough. The older would smack him around for the whole day.

 

*

 

“Seongwoo...you okay?”

 

Seongwoo open his eyes and looked up to Daniel. The nausea stops and he feels a bit better now. He nods and they both stand up. Seongwoo’s feels like jelly and like he’s gonna fall down but Daniel held him close and make their way out of the bathroom. Flushing the toilet and will make sure to comeback to clean it.

 

“I think...I need to see the doctor, Niel.” The older said once they sat on the bed.

 

Daniel looks at him, confused. Why did he need to see the doctor?

 

“Just to make sure.”

 

“Make sure what?” Daniel asked back. Really confused on what is Seongwoo talking about. 

 

The older didn’t answer but just move away to changed. He really doesn’t feel good and he thinks that going to the doctor is the best choice for now. Maybe it’s not what he think but just to make sure. 

 

“Please. I just need to. No, I have to. I’m gonna call off sick for today.” Seongwoo said, buttoning up his clothes, while he stands in front of the mirror where he had just stared at himself earlier. It’s not there, he said inside his head. It’s maybe just his imagination but...just to be sure.

 

Daniel blinks but then he sighs, standing up from the bed. “Alright. And I will too. Should we take Ji-Ae with us or just let Mrs Loo look after her?”

 

“Let Mrs Loo look after her. It won’t be long. I know the doctor. And you do too.” 

 

That made the younger a little taken aback by his husband’s words. He knows a doctor? Who?

 

*

 

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to! I never thought...I thought nothing will happen!” Daniel keeps apologizing once they exited the clinic. The older didn’t say anything but simply walked ahead towards the car. A small smile decorated his face but he didn’t want to show it to his younger husband. So he keeps walking and stays silent.

 

“Seongwoo babe. Talk to me. I seriously didn’t think that...umm, that this would happen. I’m really sorry.” Daniel pleads when he manage to catch up to his husband, taking his hand to stop him from walking. The older turns around.

 

“There is nothing to apologize about, Niel. I’m fine.” The older says, smiling at his husband. Trying to make the younger feels leas guilty or just stop being guilty at all.

 

“But...you didn’t...”

 

Seongwoo stops him. “Nielie, it’s fine. It bounds to happen anyway. And I don’t regret it. And you should not feel guilty about it too. I know, we didn’t plan for this to happen but it happened. So, stop apologizing.”

 

The older kissed him and took his hand and intertwined them. He gave a reassuring squeeze and Daniel stares at him. He blinks but then smiles at him. Bringing the joined hands up and tenderly kissed it.

 

*

 

Ji-Ae waves her hand to Mrs Loo when they droves off to visit her grandparents. Excited to tell them about the news. How will they react when they told them about Seongwoo being pregnant, again.

 

She sat on Seongwoo’s lap while she looked outside of the window. One toy in her hand as she babbles whenever she saw a tree. 

 

The parents would simply smiles and giggles when they watch her. Even so, Daniel kind of worry about Seongwoo. He insisted on letting their baby girl to sit with him while Daniel is against it. Because, he’s in his early trimester. He needs to be careful when he’s in the early stage.

 

The doctor said he is only about a month long. So it’s still very small. So small that even the most harmless activities could actually harm the embryo. Seongwoo really need to be careful since Ji-Ae couldn’t stop bouncing around.

 

The news of him being pregnant hits hard when he informed to Minhyun and Jinyoung of him taking a long leave. Minhyun had personally call him when he got the news.

 

‘Pregnant?! What?! How?!’

 

“Um, the usual way someone gets pregnant, Minhyun. You know how it is.”

 

‘But but...Ji-Ae is just ten months old?! So...oh wow. You guys got busy eh?’ Minhyun teases.

 

The older blushed but clears his throat, trying go calm himself. “You don’t need to know that. But yes, we got busy.”

 

Minhyun was speechless for a second. ‘Congratulations. Oh god, there is gonna be another mini Ji-Ae soon in the next nine month. Oh god.’

 

“Hey, Ji-Ae wasn’t that bad. Her little sister or brother might be just like her. A literal angel and sweet.”

 

‘I hope so. Send my congrats to Daniel too. Oh, how did he react though when he found out?’

 

Seongwoo laughs, “He kept apologizing. Thought nothing will happen when we...um, never mind that part. And I said, it’s fine. I told him it bound to happen again if we’re gonna do it. So...yeah.”

 

Minhyun chuckles and then he congratulate him once again before he end the call. Filling up the form for Seongwoo. The boss took two weeks off, so he and Jinyoung will handle the company for him. They couldn’t call Somi in since the sister is about to graduate soon.

 

*

 

The grandparents was astonished. Shocked, bewildered, surprised and overwhelm. They felt everything.

 

Seongwoo’s parents and Somi who was on leave too, gave Seongwoo a tight hug but Daniel pulls Seongwoo away before they could crushed him. Hissing when he told them to be careful.

 

“Careful, Seongwoo is still in his early stage. Like really early.” He wound his arms around his waist, lightly squeezing his soft tummy. The parents narrowed their eyes while a knowing smile decorated their faces. Somehow the couple gets into their own world now. Daniel kissed the side of Seongwoo’s head lovingly. Inhaling his husband’s distinctive smell. The fresh coconut shampoo.

 

Ji-Ae plays with her fingers, but when Somi make a grabby hands to her, she automatically open her arms too. Wanted to be carry by her aunt Somi. The couple managed to break away from their short romantic moment when they heard her babbling and thrashing around Seongwoo’s arms. Both of them looked down to her.

 

“Ji-Ae wants to be carried by her auntie. Come here, sweet cake.” Somi coos and making cute faces to her nephew.

 

Seongwoo passed her to Somi and immediately she swings her around, earning a loud giggles from Ji-Ae.

 

Everybody watched and soon follow the two. The news was tremendously a very happy news indeed. They still don’t know the gender yet. Will it be a girl, or a boy or perhaps both. Either way, they will be ready for it. And Daniel have to be ready for the mood swing Seongwoo again. The cranky and bratty Seongwoo is a nightmare to him but he still loves him.

 

And also, Ji-Ae is going to be 1 year old soon. They need to plan for her birthday surprise too. 

 


 

Oho, Ongie is preggy again :DDD

What will their gender be? Boy? Girl?

Is it just one or two?

Hmm, you will find out on the next chapter :3333

Sorry for the typos.