Ji-Ae (XII)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

 

Their baby girl about to turn 1 years old within 2 weeks and they are very excited to celebrate it. Knowing so well that Ji-Ae will have to choose an item in which would or might determine her future self. It’s usually a tradition in Korea. Whenever a baby is turning a year old, the parents would lay out several items in front of them, for them to choose. And whatever items they chose might be what they wanted to be later when they grow up.

 

Meanwhile, Seongwoo being about 2 almost 3 months in his pregnancy is struggling with the episode of morning sickness yet again. Always the same for every women in their pregnancy but some times none of them have any problem in their pregnancy. It is really sickening that Seongwoo couldn’t eat what he wants. Most of the time he shoved it out of the way when Daniel so far to offers him. And the younger would looked at him out of pity. Well, he is worried for him. 

 

Being pregnant always gave him the disadvantage when he wants to eat something and his senses became even more sensitive now. Again, anything that smells particularly strong, he would feel nauseous. And if the taste does not suits him, he would throw up.

 

Daniel would often times helps him whenever he need help. Morning sickness is also really sickening to him. Almost every morning he would jump out of the bed and to the bathroom. Throwing everything out of his guys and just sat there without any energy to stand up. And Daniel would be the one who would came in and carry him out of the bathroom. Cleaning the toilet and so on.

 

This time however, Daniel is even more productive. Maybe since this is the second time, he knows how to handle the situation more at ease now. He is more calm and relax when Seongwoo throws snarky comments on his way. Whatever it is, he’ll always love his husband. More so when he’s all helpless.

 

*

 

The birthday party invitation was sent out to all Ji-Ae’s uncles and friends. Minhyun says he will never missed it and will surely come by to celebrate Ji-Ae’s one year old birthday party. Jinyoung too will come by to enjoy the party too, after he was confronted by Daniel. The younger still does not trust Jinyoung fully yet but he know that the older is not a threat to him anyway. Even now and then when he sees his husband around with Jinyoung, he have that small tinge of jealousy but he often times brush them off and told himself that Seongwoo loves him and heck, he’s carrying another baby in him so how can he cheat on Daniel when he’s pregnant with their second baby. Ji-Ae’s either baby brother or sister.

 

Daniel gave out to his colleagues as well and one to his boss who smiles brightly and congratulates him with a bone crushing hugs. He could have swear he feels like some bones did crack by the sheer force of the hug. The older man pats his shoulder few times while he wholeheartedly laugh at Daniel. “Congratulations Daniel! I will try to stop by on the day of your daughter’s birthday and even though you have not asked if you could take day off, I gave you the permission to take a few days off for her. Besides, your husband needs your help anyway, right?” The older man winks and Daniel beams when he was granted with several days leave.

 

His boss promised of a birthday gift to be delivered to Ji-Ae too. And surely Ji-Ae who won’t be knowing who it is from would be excited to see all the colourful boxes. Be it big or small, as long as it is something that is useful.

 

Seongwoo is juggling his task around. This time, he did not allow Daniel to control him or told him not to go to work. Going to work means more people will be invited to be at Ji-Ae’s one year birthday party. It won’t be that grand and only the closest family members and friends will be attending and might stay longer than anyone else. Even so, they still invited their colleagues to come over.

 

Most of Seongwoo’s staff had planned on a video recording message for Ji-Ae and buying gifts from many sizes and types. Most of it, if Seongwoo could have guess is either dresses, shoes, toys or maybe flowers? Maybe.

 

*

 

He went to his check up. Accompanied by his baby sister, Somi who came two days before Ji-Ae’s birthday. Daniel had to run some errands for their daughter. Trying to make it as perfect as it can be. So Seongwoo had asked Somi to join him who gladly came along taking Ji-Ae with them as well.

 

Three months old. Nothing big to reveal yet. But he at least could now see the round tummy through the mirror. It’s awfully weird because if he remembers correctly, when he was in his three months of carrying Ji-Ae, he wasn’t really showing the bump much. But this is a bit different. He can already see the bump now. But who is he to complaint about it anyway. The only thing he could think of is that their son or daughter is growing healthily.

 

“Well, everything is well and dandy. They are doing just fine. Growing perfectly.” The doctor smiles after she had checked the screen. Once finding out how the fetus’s condition is.

 

Somi turns her head. Seongwoo caught on the word ‘they’ when the doctor just said earlier.

 

“Um, they?” Somi asked on behalf of his slightly confused and perhaps surprised brother. 

 

“Oh...goodness me. I haven’t told you about it yet, I guess.” The doctor chuckles before she turn the monitor around so that Seongwoo and Somi could see. Ji-Ae curiously stares at the screen. The black screen didn’t really tell much to them and not even to Ji-Ae, but something in her tells that she knows that her daddy is carrying someone in him. She didn’t know either to be happy or not. 

 

The doctor points at the screen and it she explains to the siblings. And both of them widen their eyes in surprised and shocked. How is it possible? How the is going to break this to Daniel now. 

 

“So that’s it. Congrats again. It’s pure luck that you get to conceive them. I’m sure they will be quite a handful when they came to this world soon.” The doctor giggles, patting his shoulder and once again congratulating Seongwoo.

 

“Oppa, you have to let Niel oppa know on Ji-Ae’s birthday. He will be so in shocked and I want to get him in my camera when you break it to him. Surely, he’s gonna cry his heart out.” Somi suggested, bouncing Ji-Ae in her arms as she blows a raspberry with her. Ji-Ae giggles in happiness.

 

Seongwoo would do that. He smiles to his dongsaeng. “Oh, I will.”

 

They head home and continue on with the birthday planning again. Daniel came home a few minutes later after they came home. Whining to his husband who is sipping on his tea by the kitchen lounge. Kissing him and rubbing the bump softly. After kissing his husband he knelt down to give the bump a peck.

 

“Baby, how are you doing in there. Be nice to daddy. Your sister is gonna have her first one year birthday in the next two more days. Excited isn’t it? A noona or maybe an unnie. Papa can’t wait to meet you.” He whispers, hands still rubbing the bump lovingly. Seongwoo watch with fondness. Hands came up to Daniel’s hair. How he loves Daniel so much and feels so lucky to have such husband that is caring and loving father.

 

Ji-Ae padded slowly to her parents and babbles. She can now slowly said the word ‘Dada’ but that’s it. Sometimes they faintly heard her said ‘Baba or Papa’ but they weren’t sure about that one. But whatever it is, Ji-Ae has slowly starts to talk. Even though it’s not that properly formed words yet but she is learning.

 

*

 

Seongwoo can tell that this time, he does not crave very weird kind of foods or does he craves them too much at random times. He would only be craving for things if he hadn’t had them for so long. Just an example, cotton candies. If he accidentally saw a kid ate them, he would be craving for it. But not to the point where he would wake Daniel up at o’clock just so he could cotton candy.

 

And Daniel is grateful for that because he didn’t need to wake up in the middle of the night just to go out and look for foods that Seongwoo is craving for. He is thankful for that to their new baby.

 

Their parents came in the next day and all starts to huddled up the house. Thank god the pair have more than 3 extra rooms for guests to use. Somi already occupied one, so there is about a few more rooms. Some of the smaller one, the couple turns it into small guests room. But of course they had transformed one of the room for their soon to be born baby. Already starting to repainting them and just needed to find out the gender so that they can start furnishing the room soon.

 

One other thing that they can see changes is not on Seongwoo but Ji-Ae.

 

Ever since Ji-Ae saw the screen yesterday when his daddy went to his check up, she all of a sudden became very clingy to her daddy. After they reached home, she had padded her way slowly and crawl into Seongwoo’s lap. He didn’t even questioned her sudden clinginess that day and thought it’s just her mood. 

 

But it didn’t changed the next day when she cries for her daddy, from her room. Shaking the crib like mad, screaming ‘Dada!’ several times. Not even Daniel could calm her down nor Somi or her grandparents. She didn’t stop wailing until she finally saw Seongwoo walking in fast to console her. Her wail turns into soft sobs and she quickly made grabby hands at Seongwoo. 

 

He carried her out of her crib and shushed her softly. Whispering soft words to her ear. Ji-Ae slowly calming down and wound her arms around Seongwoo’s neck. Her sobs is gradually getting softer and softer. Daniel stares with fondness at the same time slightly confused as to why is Ji-Ae being so clingy.

 

*

 

Somi and Seongwoo had broke the news to their parents about Seongwoo’s pregnancy and to say that they were shocked was an understatement. Their mother almost passed out after Seongwoo told her but she quickly regain herself and beams so excitedly to her son. Her eyes sparkles so brightly. Their father gaped but he is very happy too.

 

“Oppa, you still gonna tell Niel oppa right? After Ji-Ae chose her first toy?”

 

“Yes I am. Should I just show her the scan picture we got from the doctor or...”

 

“Either one if fine, I guess. Maybe tell him and then show the picture to him at the same time.”

 

They both smiles and moves out of the room when the doorbells rung.

 

*

 

Some of their staff and colleagues came by and drop the present for Ji-Ae. All wishing to her when Daniel stand with Ji-Ae in his arm. Smiling brightly whenever they came and wishes her to have a great birthday and coo at her. He smile brighter when he saw his boss stopping by with a big box of present. Wishing Ji-Ae to have a wonderful birthday and all and congratulating Seongwoo for their second baby.

 

Later after, the birthday party only consist of several of their friends and family. Minhyun, Jinyoung, Jisung, Jaehwan, Jonghyun, Baekho, Minki, Aron, Jihoon and more of their closest friends were at the house. 

 

Ji-Ae at first was so bubbly and giggly when she saw all her uncles came to see her. But when she realized that her daddy wasn’t around, she starts to look around the room, scanning for Seongwoo. And if she couldn’t find him, she would starts to frown and mumble ‘Dada’ for multiple times. Until at some point she raises her voice that attracts the others attention.

 

“Dada! Dada!!” starts to quiver and her eyes are getting glassy by each seconds.

 

“Hyung!” Jihoon shouts when he saw how Ji-Ae is in the verge of crying. Daniel had already took her into his arm and trying to calm her. Asking her if she’s okay and everything. She perks up when she finally sae Seongwoo.

 

“Yeah?” Seongwoo says, while he busy drying his hand with the hand towel. Ji-Ae makes grabby hand again. Trying go get out of Daniel’s arms and wanting to go to Seongwoo who gladly accepts her.

 

“What’s wrong, baby. You have been so clingy to Daddy lately.” He asked, kissing her temple softly. Daniel wraps his arm around his shoulder, slightly pouting at Ji-Ae sudden clinginess to his husband.

 

“I noticed too. She keeps wanting to go to you since you came back from that check up two days ago. I’m hurt.” Daniel says.

 

“I think so too. Don’t know why though. But maybe it’s nothing.” He says, pecking her temple once again and inhaling her scent before he shifted her in his arm, resting her on his hip as they moves to the cake.

 

“Maybe because of the baby?” Minhyun said. 

 

“What’s wrong with it?”

 

“Nothing, some times a child can tell when their mother or in this situation, their daddy is pregnant, would try to get their attention some more. But often times they would ask for more attention when a new family member arrived. It’s in their nature.” Minhyun explained.

 

Seongwoo know that. He often times visited his staff who just delivered a new baby at the hospital, and watched how their first child acted. Some welcomes the new one in the family while others acted indifferently on the new baby. So he guessed this is why Ji-Ae is acting this way on him. He just hope that Ji-Ae will welcomes the new baby as her younger sibling.

 

“It’s fine. I’ll pray that she’ll accept the baby soon.” Seongwoo smiles, walking to the kitchen where they had the cake ready. Daniel walked by his side.

 

*

 

Candle has been blown out with the help of Seongwoo and Daniel. Everybody cheers for Ji-Ae turning one year old and pictures were taken. Family first then friends.

 

Before the choosing of toys, they ate the cake and the food. All chattering between each other from the kitchen and the living room. Jaehwan keeps laughing hysterically and joking around with Jisung and Jihoon. Minhyun is mingling with Seongwoo’s parents and along with his boyfriend, Jonghyun. The rest chatting around with each other. Sometimes Somi is getting on Jaehwan’s nerve, poking fun out of him and just wanting to make him annoyed of her.

 

Daniel’s parents keeps cooing on Ji-Ae who is sitting on Seongwoo’s lap, eating small bits of cake that Daniel helps feeding. The older her hair as he animatedly talk to their parents and watch their friends who is busy talking and bickering on each other. He sighs and smiles at the scene. He casted his eyes on Ji-Ae. Smiling turns broader whenever he watches her open for the cake then clamping them tight, munching away the soft cake.

 

Even though she is at the right age to have more solid food now, but both of them is slowly introducing them to her. Mashed food is okay since it’s not solid but finger food, they are taking it slow.

 

She had had some of them before. For example baby carrots. She loves it and would often times asking for it and Seongwoo would gladly let her have it. It’s not that hard so it’s fine and he has his watchful eyes on her whenever she ate them. Even Mrs Loo keeping an eye on her, each time she gave her something solid to eat.

 

Porridge is her next favourite food in her food cycle. It doesn’t matter what sort of porridge they are, as long as it’s porridge, she’ll gladly eat it. And fruits. Yeah, another favourite. Thank god she’s not that picky around her food so they didn’t have any difficulty in feeding her anything.

 

At times, they asked for an advised from their parents about what is best for her to take and so on.

 

Once they done eating, they moved to the stacks of presents they have placed at one side of the room. Variety of boxes in different sizes are waiting to be unwrapped.

 

*

 

If he’s gonna break the news to Daniel, meaning he need to break it to everybody who is gathering around the presents that some of them have been unwrapped. Most of them are toys, and dresses and booties and many more. Of course, toddlers would enjoy having more toys rather than jewelleries or a ticker to a concert or others. Minhyun of course gave something different. Which is a children’s book. Something that they just realized that Ji-Ae might need now she is getting bigger. So books is good.

 

The Doljanchi ceremony is done and Ji-Ae had practically chose a pastry over other stuff. Which happens to be Somi’s pastry, who silently whooping at the back. They didn’t really dressed her into a hanbok or anything. Just dresses that looks very extravagant. Made specially for her on her first birthday.

 

Now, Seongwoo is sweating bucket, trying to break the news about the gender of his baby. But how? He shouldn’t be nervous. Wait, not the gender but how the baby is doing inside of him. Okay that’s a lie too.

 

Somi steps forward and whisper something to her brother. Telling to make his move now, as she took out her camcorder to start the recording of her brother-in-law’s surprised expression later. He heaved a sigh and with shaky hands he took out a piece of paper from the scan he’s done two days ago and slowly making his way to Daniel and the rest.

 

*

 

The laughter erupts when they unwrapped yet another toys, and is the same kind of toy. Ji-Ae on the other hand is nibbling on the rabbit ear from the new plush toy she just received and when she saw Seongwoo, she immediately drop the toy and crawled out of Daniel’s lap. Wanting to be carried by Seongwoo.

 

“Ji-Ae ah, why can’t you stay with Papa more and why do you always wanting your Daddy to carry you. Papa misses you.” Daniel pouts and huffed at his husband who just smiles at him apologetically as he picked her up then sat next to Daniel. 

 

Even so, Daniel will never get angry to him. He slowly snake an arm around his waist and placed his hand on the bump, to feel it. Everyone else watched and wooing the two. 

 

“Why do you keep doing that, Daniel. The baby is not gonna go anywhere.” Jisung said.

 

“I couldn’t help it. I love to feel him of her even though they can’t move yet. But I just love feeling it.” He said, staring down at the bump lovingly while he slowly rub the bump. Ji-Ae just sat there, playing with her Daddy’s finger that is wrapped securely around her.

 

“Aish, that’s how father are. He is excited about it.” Mrs. Kang said, loving the way her son is acting like a father. Even her own husband was like that when she was pregnant with Daniel. Always finding an opportunity to feel the bump and listens to it. 

 

They all love it too. Knowing how Daniel is when it comes to Seongwoo. Of course he would be like this too to his own baby. Every father would act this way. Wanting to always feel the bump, like trying to connect with them.

 

Seongwoo can’t take it anymore. He could see his dongsaeng is signalling him to make his move now. Not even their friends know about this. He is glad that he told their parents so they wouldn’t faint or passed out and needed to be taken to the hospital or anything.

 

He closed his eyes, trying to calm himself and then turn his head to Daniel. 

 

“I have something to show you.” He said, slowly revealing the ultrasound paper to Daniel and placed it on his chest. He blushed harder, turning his head away because damn, he can’t look at him right now. 

 

Confused Daniel took the paper and looked into it. He didn’t know what it is at first but when he realized what it was, he could almost feels like his eyes were about to popped out of their socket. His hand that was formerly wrapped around Seongwoo’s waist was brought back to his mouth.

 

He turns his head so fast that it hurts but he didn’t care. What he care now is the scan. No way. 

 

Everybody looked at the couple. Worried that something might be wrong. They anxiously waiting. Wanting to know what it is.

 

“This is...it’s not true right? You’re kidding...”

 

“Why would I be kidding about something like this. It’s t-true. Look again.” Seongwoo said still not turning around to face Daniel. His blush is getting even redder now. He could literally feel his ears is burning.

 

Daniel couldn’t held back his tears and simply let them fall as he engulfed his husband into a tight hug, kissing his cheeks multiple times. Oh how he feels like passing out after he looked at it. 

 

“I love you, love you, love you, love you so very much...” he said between his tears, smiling brightly towards Seongwoo. Still busily peppering kisses to his husband. Ji-Ae squirmed around in her daddy’s lap.

 

“Sweetheart! You’re gonna be an older sister! Oh my...oh god!!” Daniel shrieks in happiness. He was overwhelmed by the news that he couldn’t stop crying and kissing Seongwoo.

 

“What is it? Let us see too.” 

 

The parents of the couple share their happiness too. Crying together and even Somi who is still recording, silently wipe her tears, smiling.

 

When Baekho snatched the paper out of Daniel’s hand, he and the rest of them looked into it and soon after they gasped loudly. Shocked, surprised, bewildered.

 

“Seongwoo! Congrats!!” They cheered, happy for the couple as well.

 

*

 

No wonder his bump was more visible even though he’s in his third month. And maybe that is also why Ji-Ae being very clingy too.

 

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

 

Seongwoo is pregnant with triplets.

 


 

TRIPLETS!! SURPRISE SURPRISE!! Hahaha, there you have it. They're gonna have triplets in the house!

How did Onge know that he is carryinh triplets? It’s from the ultrasound scan pic he had and also when he goes to the follow up with Somi. The screen shows three heartbeats.

How will OngNiel survive the chaotic life after they were born xDDD

Anyway, I probably will end this story in the next chapter :3

I know it's hard to let go, but I have to. Don't wanna drag this even more.

Next chap will be the welcoming of the triplets and how Ji-Ae being very protective over Seongwoo.

Bye!