Chapter 28

3 Men and a Toddler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally everything is in the penthouse and lunch is ready we all sit down to eat.

"Should we like have a pj party tonight to welcome baek staying like before" Kai acts all excited like a child waiting for an answer while bouncing up and down on his chair.

"Please, you don't need to hold a party for me I would rather just settle in without a party if that's ok with you guys" I can see baek is all nervous so I try change the idea from a party to a private one with just all us.

"Ok I have an Idea, how about us 4 and Tae get some junk food maybe order a pizza and have a few drinks and watch a movie" I look around at them all as Sehun agrees "Yeah that sounds better, least we won't have to stay up all night cause I'm so tired lately with work, plus we won't have people everywhere" he smiles before eating his ramen.

"What do you say baek?" I look at him as he looks at us all 

"Wait can it still be a pj party pretty please" Kai holds his hands together praying we agree.

"I don't wear pjs" I laugh out as Kai gives me a daggered stare like he is going to jump across the table and kill me any second now.

"I'm sure you can put some comfortable clothes on" Kai says through gritted teeth making me worried that I should maybe lock my bedroom door at night in case he tries to kill me.

"Ok ok I'll find something" I turn away from his death stare and finish up my lunch.

"I like that idea let's do that" Baek cuts in feeling the tension in the room as Kai now skips into his bedroom to what I can only assume is to find pjs for later.

"He is such a kid sometimes" Sehun laughs into his coffee before taking a sip.

"Do you remember, when we all moved in together the first time and he went crazy over the blanket he had since he was a baby went missing, he nearly turned the apartment upside down looking for it" baek begins to laugh remembering the time.

"I remember it very well, we stayed up all night because he was crying" Sehun says while standing up collecting the bowls and plates from lunch.

"Where did he find it in the end?" baek asks as he starts to help Sehun in the kitchen washing the dishes.

"Tucked into his favourite pillow, he put it there so he wouldn't loose it, he sobbed when he found it that night" I stand and watch the two of them laugh and I  can't help but think how much i missed the most important people in my life under one roof.

Baek turns to look in my direction as he drys the dishes giving me a soft smile. I give him a wink making him blush as I then leave the kitchen to start on the spare room.

"What you going to do?" Kai stops me outside my old room as I look in on tae fast asleep looking so tiny in a huge bed.

"I'm gonna change into some old clothes and make a start on the painting" I step into my room quietly as not to wake tae.

"That's not what I meant, I saw you and baek kiss on the stairs when I came out too see what was taking you both so long, what you gonna do about it?" Kai stands at the door with wide eyes smiling from ear to ear making me hold back my laugh.

"I want to ask him out on a date, but when is the right time to do that" I slip off my jeans and pull on a old pair of tracksuit bottoms.

"Ask him tonight, the longer you put it off the harder it will be" Kai throws a vest top at me catching me off guard

"But he has been through alot" I take off my t-shirt and slip on the vest top before grabbing an old baseball cap and putting it on my head.

"Yeah and a night away from all of what happened will just be what he needs, I'll mind Tae when you finally decided to go out" Kai says as we walk out of the room.

"I'll see" I head off into the spare room leaving him standing there and start pulling out the boxes clearing the room so I can start painting.

Once the room is clear and the plastic is covering the wooden floor, I pop the lid of the paint pouring it onto a paint tray so I can use a roller to paint the wall faster. Just as I am about to lift the pole with the roller attached I hear a soft voice from the door.

"Need any help?" I turn to see baek standing in the door way leaning against the door.

"I'm not sure, the last time you helped me paint there was more paint on us then there was on the wall" I smile towards him fixing my cap as he looks me up and down  before moving into the room

"It will be quicker if we both do it" he grabs another roller and starts to paint the other wall white as I work on the blue.

I just smile and continue to paint the wall remembering the last time, we ended up having a paint fight but the make up was great after. I let out a loud laugh as I stop painting.

"I know what your thinking about" baek laughs before stopping to look at me.

"Those where the good days " I wink at him before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter