A Cloud Lifted

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend came sooner than I had expected. I spent most of my time daydreaming, trying to fantasise what it might’ve been like if I didn’t move away and Sakura was by my side my whole childhood. I wondered what kind of person I could’ve became and if I would’ve become a vampire because I was her supposed bride.

Of course, Sakura spilled about her Japanese friends being vampires as well. Momo, I seriously thought she was human until she explained that she eats a lot purely because she likes the taste but since she couldn’t digest any of it, she often spent most of her time in the toilets puking it back out. There were three others I have yet to meet, Sana, Mina and Hitomi. I have heard of them around the school, they were quite popular with everyone and had reputation for different things.

Sana was rumoured to be a player, she liked flirting with everyone but the current girl she was pursuing was a girl named Eunbi (aka Eunha). Mina was the most like Sakura, an avid gamer and very quiet. Lastly, Hitomi. Momo told me that Hitomi was obsessed with bread and rabbits, but that’s all that I know.

‘’She told me to meet her outside the bus stop, where is she?’’ I asked myself, I looked down at my watch for the hundredth time and saw that it was already 30 minutes past the meet up time. I dressed as warm as I could, a puffy white winter jacket and a turtle neck paired with snug boots. But it was still really cold.

I paced around the bus shelter, people looking from time to time. I was so bored, I wonder if she was stuck in traffic…

Just then a sleek looking car pulled up, ones that you see business people use in movies. The driver’s door opened and out came Yunho, Sakura’s butler.

‘’I sincerely apologise for the wait Miss Chaeyeon. The traffic was horrendous on the way here.’’ He opened one of the back doors for me and bowed, putting his hand above my head so I wouldn’t hit it on my way in.

‘’Its ok, I was just bored that’s all…’’ My voice died down when I saw how close Sakura was when I got in the car. I basically just sat in her lap. ‘’Wha-Move over!”

She wrapped her arms around my waist, stopping me from moving away. ‘’But its so much warmer like this, why? Don’t you like me?’’

I groaned and wiggled out of her grip, sitting on the seat beside her and putting on my seatbelt. This wasn’t the first time she tried something like this, saying how she’ll get me to fall for her even without my old memories. The very first time was during lunch when she surprised the hell out the angel trio and I by coming over and sitting at the table with us. She tried making conversation with my friends, but they were too stunned to even move.

After that, there was this one-time during P.E when we had to pair up for wrestling and she boldly took my hand and dragged me off somewhere. That whole class was a mess, she was just hugging me that entire time and wouldn’t let go of me. To others we might’ve seemed like the best of friends, playing a game of friendly wrestling but, I was using all my strength trying to get away but to no avail.

‘’I do like you, I just don’t know if I like you that way yet.’’

Sakura pouted but told Yunho to start driving. The journey was quiet, and I kept glancing over at the vampire by accident. Sakura was dressed fairly warmly as well, probably just to keep up with the façade. She was wearing a long coat and a scarf that was neatly wrapped around her neck. She looked elegant in everything, I was jealous she could pull off such a mature look while still being childish.

‘’Take a picture, it’ll last longer.’’ She said and smirked when I quickly turned my head to the window. It that she has super senses, I’ve been caught staring too many times to count.

The journey took about 2 hours, we really did live in the middle of no-where when we were little. I would be shocked if the park was still there, its been quite a while. Yunho pulled up to a familiar looking house, it was my old one. Of course, it was now occupied by someone else, but Sakura thought it would be nice to stop by.

We had parked across the street from the park, there were some kids playing with a couple of parents sitting on the benches nearby. I gulped loudly when the ring in my head started acting up. Its been like that since Sakura had mentioned about the memory supressing, as though the ‘spell’ was trying it’s hardest to remain there.

I winced audibly, and Sakura pulled me over to a bench to sit me down.

‘’You’re fighting it, you must relax…’’ She rubbed my temples as she knelt in front of me.

Suddenly a wave of nostalgia came over me and my mind went all over the place as the first memory came back.

……..

‘’Kura-Chan!’’ I shouted, a little girl was on the swings staring off into the distance as I ran towards her. She noticed me and jumped off, meeting me halfway with a bone-crushing hug.

‘’Chaeyeonie! You’re here!’’ She grinned and spun us around in circles.

I nodded and excitedly dug around and pulled out a cute looking box with panda stickers spotted all over it. ‘’I made you some cookies!’’ I shoved the container in her hands and waited for her to try one.

‘’Oh…I ate already though, but I promise to eat them when I get home.’’ She put the box in her own bag and dragged me away to play on the see-saw. Then we spent a long time just laughing and enjoying each other’s company before my mother had called me to go home.

The little girl waved sadly and stood there as I begrudgingly walked away.

………

I gasped as I came back to reality and stared into Sakura’s eyes and immediately recognised the same shape and emotional pull.

‘’You weren’t lying….’’

She shook her head and handed me a bottle of water, which I gulped desperately because I was still so bewildered. I thought that maybe if I had come here and I didn’t remember anything, she was lying about that whole childhood past and was just trying to get to me. Though that was shady of me to even think that way.

‘’No, I wasn’t, come on, maybe you’ll remember more if we go closer.’’ She held out her dainty hand and I grabbed it more confidently than I had done in the past.

The vampire princess led me to the swings, sitting on one herself and gestured for me to do the same. I slowly sat down on the old, battered wooden plank and closed my eyes waiting for something to happen but nothing came. When I opened them back up again, I saw a little girl fall from the monkey bars. Then I was flung straight back into a flashback.

……..

‘’Chaeyeon are you ok?’’ Kura r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter