My Savior

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had to pick my jaw off the floor. Chanyeol? Out of everyone, it was Sakura’s loving brother, who was nice to me from the start? That doesn’t seem right. No, not at all. He wouldn’t this to her, they loved each other.

‘’You’re probably wondering why me, am I right?’’ He stood up straight, pulling the table back up and leaning on it. He looked down at me and his upper lip threatened to curl up. ‘’I’ll tell you why. Its because of you, Chaeyeon. You’re the reason I had to do this.’’

I sat with my back against the cold, moist wall. This was too much.

‘’You got Jiyong killed.’’

Jiyong? Wait.

‘’Why…... does Eunbi’s brother tie into this?’’

‘’He was my boyfriend.’’

Boyfriend?! Boyfriend? As in…his partner? As in, they were lovers? Boyfriends???

‘’Wh-what, how, I thought you-‘’

He breathed heavily through his nose, most likely impatient with my constant shocked stuttering. ‘’You’re the reason why hes dead.’’ He slammed his large hands flat onto the table, the metal crinkled under his superior strength and he pushed the table behind him with his feet. Chanyeol pointed at me with furious eyes. ‘’This is all your fault. Everything is your fault. If only you stayed oblivious to our existence, then maybe my family could’ve lived in peace. Maybe my boyfriend would still be alive and maybe Sakura wouldn’t have to deal with your burden.’’

My eyes were too dry to even shed tears for him but, I was sure my facial expression showed enough guilt to last 5 lifetimes.  But he was right. I was making a mess wherever I go. If I had just stopped my memories from resurfacing, I could’ve spared everyone a lot of trouble and most importantly, people never would’ve had to die because of me. But then again, they were after my blood.

‘’Ch-Chanyeol, I didn’t mean for things to end up this way, but the werewolves were hunting me and the others… they… did their best to protect me.’’ I casted my eyes down, unable to look into his crimson orbs any longer. They were burning. Burning with hate and I loathe the fact that I was the reason for his anger.

‘’Yes. I know. You should’ve just let yourself be killed the first time you were taken. Now, I have to get my hands dirty. Jiyong was a nice man, who cared for others. I knew he wasn’t evil. Not all the way. I was in the process of changing him into a better man, but you came along with all your baggage, ruining everything because his mother is a power-hungry wolf.’’

I threw my hands up and let out an exasperated yell. ‘’Then why pin this all on me? When you know Yuri is the one behind all this?!’’

‘’Because.’’ His voice broke with just one word. ‘’Because… Yuri treated me like a son. My own mother ignores me, forgets I’m always there. Yoona,’’ He hissed her name like it was venom. ‘’Only cares about Sakura. It was always about my little sister, so when Yuri found out Jiyong and I were secretly seeing each other. She accepted us with open arms and even kept it behind the scenes. I was well on my way with making peace between our families.’’

I pulled my knees close to my chest, it was cold. It was early morning and I could see thick fog outside, I wonder if they could find me in that. I was starting to lose hope, they all had faith in Chanyeol getting me to safety, not try to kill me.

‘’You can still convince Yuri to back off, you’ve bonded with her right? That means she’ll listen to you, please. I don’t want anymore bloodshed, but I also want to live and love your sister. I’m not going to throw my life away like this.’’ I bravely stood up, but it hurt like a . My injuries were more severe than I thought they were. My legs were aching to the point where I had to hold onto the wall to stand up. ‘’Chanyeol, you’re the game changer.’’

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, he kicked the wall nearest to him, concrete wall fell to the ground in large chunks. I could picture my head being next, and that was one scary way to go.

‘’Don’t get ahead of yourself. I’m done being that nice older brother. I love Sakura but this family is one-sided. I don’t care for Sunmi or Yoona. In fact, I was the one who tipped where you would be at any given point of the day. My sister trusted me enough to keep me in the loop, what a fool.’’ The tall vampire kicked the rubble at his feet across the small room, shattering them into tinier pieces. ‘’I also knew Yoona would be out of the house and told the werewolves how to drug all our maids and butlers.’’

I was starting to get infuriated with him. This was Sakura’s brother? The one she claimed was the nicest person in the family? Sunmi is a saint compared to him. However, seeing things from his perspective made me understand why he was acting this way. Growing up as the neglected child, falling in love with their mortal enemy and then hearing he got killed before he could accomplish peace because a random girl showed up from the past with special blood. I would be mad at me too.

But, no matter how much I empathised him. I couldn’t die. Not here. Not now. Sakura is waiting for me.

He pulled something out from behind him. Two things. One was a very big silver dagger, wolves carved on the end of the hilt and an inscription on the beautiful blade. The second was a medium sized screw-capped bottle.

‘’I’m going to help Yuri get your blood and in turn, I get the pleasure of killing you.’’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter