Worth

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was competition week, finally. After all that drama, we managed to make it to Busan in one piece. We only had one problem on the way here and that was explaining why Eunbi and Momo was always standing next to me to Seulgi without her getting too weirded out why the two of them wasn't giving me any space.

Seulgi was the only one out of the loop and I felt bad, but she was human, and she would be endangered if she knew the truth. We became close after being in the same club and I would hate for her to die because she was acquainted with me. Seulgi is a nice, oblivious bear and everyone wants to keep it that way.

When we got off the train, we lugged around our things looking for our hotel and while we were walking on the way there. I felt eyes. I felt many eyes. Not dangerous eyes. But just eyes, drilling many holes into my back. And I had already figured out who they belonged to. Because earlier this morning, I had asked Sakura if she was going to Busan with me, but I told her to stay at school because there was no way the school would allow her to take a week off.

Of course, I didn't take into account that Sakura didn't give a damn about school and would somehow tag along. I just...didn't think she would be this...this...dumb about it.

I looked behind me and behind a lamp post was a figure wearing a conspicuous trench coat with ridiculous sun glasses when it wasn't even sunny. That wasn't even the last of it. Because behind that person, were 4 others dressed exactly the same and I had to fight the urge to slap my face with my own hand. I have never been so embarrassed in my life.

I nudged Momo next to me, ''Did you know about this?''

She shrugged and held her laugh in. ''What? No, of course not...''

I punched her arm and turned around to see all the idiots wearing trench coats a lot closer, so close that one of them was behind me.

''I thought you said you guys would stay in Seoul, what are you doing here?'' I hissed behind my teeth.

The person gasped and took off her sunglasses. ''How did you know it was us?''

I stumped on Mina's foot and she winced in pain. ''Well, no offence but you guys look like idiots with that getup, anyone would notice. And Nako's height gave it away.''

I heard Nako's frustrated scream and by now Seulgi noticed a lot of people had joined our walking group.

''Oh! Sakura! Mina! And...all of you, did you guys come to cheer us on?'' Oh, she really was an adorable oblivious bear. ''Thats really sweet of you guys! But we need more rooms if you're all staying!'' Then she rambled on about what kind of bedrooms we should get and who we would be rooming with.

Someone slipped their hands into mine and I felt that warmth I loved. ''Hey, miss me?'' She said softly.

''Its been a couple of hours, babe, I think you're the one missing me.''

Sakura purposely slipped her glasses down her nose and looked pointedly at me, ''You're telling me, you don't miss me at all?''

I quickly pecked her cheek and winked. ''Whatever nerd.''

...............

Due to the arrival of our 'Cheer team', we had to book a lot of rooms. And to save money, we had to share beds. Somehow, I ended up with a room with Momo and of course, my girlfriend was pouty and begged Momo to swap with her. Sakura was rooming with Sana, and Momo said, and I quote. 'She might do weird stuff to me.'

''I tax this bed!'' I threw my bag on the bed and jumped onto it, admiring the rest of the room. Since Momo was paying for everything, lying to Seulgi that this was all paid by the school, we had enough money to rent a luxury hotel.

''Theres only one bed.'' Momo placed her own bag beside the bed and drew the curtains open, revealing a nice view of the city. ''Its been a while since I've last been to Busan. Like 20 years. Its changed a lot.''

''Are you going to sleep?''

Momo faked a laugh and pointed at the door. ''You want me to die? In fact, your girl is standing outside that door growling at me to go out. So, see ya!''

She ran to the door and swapped with Sakura who thankfully changed out of her tacky trench coat and was now wearing an adorable fluffy jacket.

''Chaeyeon! Get up, this is the perfect time to go on a date! They have a big sea life centre here!'' She jumped up and down beside the bed and used a pillow to smack me over and over. ''Get your up!''

I swatted the pillow away but did as she demanded. ''Alright, alright.... But the others will be there, won't they?''

She nodded and threw my coat over my head, covering my view. ''Yup! But I told them to give us enough space, so it feels like we're alone but if something happens, they're close enough to see and hear.''

And so, we went out. I recently found out that Sakura was obsessed with seals and penguins, saying how cute they were and that if she was ever reborn, she would choose to be a cat or a seal. Which is weird but there was nothing normal about my girlfriend/fiancé. I would never have her any other way.

First, we went out to a restaurant that she said had good reviews, she didn't eat or anything but the food was nice and the people were lovely.... too lovely. One of the male servers made it his mission to court Sakura not knowing she was with me. Although, we made it very clear, we even held hands on top of the table, she kissed my hand on multiple occasions and called me as many cringey pet names as she could. Urgh, she even called me honey munchkins....ew.

''Ok.'' I slammed my fist on the table and glared at the tall guy. He was considered good looking, that's for sure. But I didn't care because no one hits on my girlfriend and thinks they can get away with it.

I stood up and had to tilt my chin up to even look at him. ''Listen here buddy, she's my girlfriend. So back off and stop ruining our date.''

But he had the audacity to scoff at me. ''As if you guys are dating. She's way too good for you.''

My jaw dropped at that. Even the people around us stopped talking and eating. I felt humiliated.

''Woah!'' Sakura

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter