A Monster

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri stood back up and growled. ‘’Kwon Eunbi, step aside or you’ll regret it.’’

What the hell was Eunbi doing here. Kwon. Eunbi… Kwon? She was part of this family? Eunbi was a werewolf? This whole time under our noses, she was our enemy?

‘’Shes someone dear to me, I can’t let you kill her.’’

The other werewolves stepped closer and was ready to attack the both of us, but Yuri held up her hand and silenced any protests.

‘’Don’t be ridiculous, the only reason I sent you to that wretched school was to kidnap this girl and yet you couldn’t even do that much.’’

‘’Well, if I disappoint you so much, why don’t you disown me. Mother of mine.’’ Woah, that took a different turn. Yuri was Eunbi’s mother, a literal arch enemy to Sakura. Princesses of different sides. What was this? A K-Drama? These twists and turns make my head hurt.

‘’Move. Aside.’’ Yuri demanded once more but her daughter refused to move, and she started shifting. Black wolf ears popping out the side of her head and from what I could see, her hands started spouting fur and her nails elongated.

‘’No.’’ Eunbi turned around quickly and picked me up, throwing her over her shoulder as she ran with all her might through the tunnel. I heard her mother shout at the others to follow us but Eunbi was surprisingly quicker than I thought she would be, and she managed to escape the cave and launched us outside in the forest.

‘’Eunbi?!’’

‘’I’ll explain when we lose them! I’m going to throw you up, so I can properly transform! I’ll catch you when I’m done!’’ She yelled, and before I knew it, I was free falling and I wailed my arms trying to grip onto something, but it was useless.

‘’Eunbi, I’m going to kill you!’’ I squealed, I braced for impact, but the ground never came. Instead, I landed on something’s back. I opened my eyes to see myself whizzing through the forest and I was on a big wolf’s back. This must be Eunbi. I gripped onto her fur for dear life as we ran away.

I underestimated how fast the others were, they were gaining fast. At one point, one of them managed to snap at my feet but Eunbi dodged just in time and turned a different direction. We ran for a very long time, neither of the parties giving up. I could tell that Eunbi was getting tired, her movements were slower but so was the ones chasing us.

‘’Eunbi we should hide, maybe trick them.’’ I said into her ear and she nodded. We came across a lone cave and we dodged into it, letting the others pass by it without knowing we were in here.

I got of her back as she panted, lying down to try cool down. Meanwhile, I peeked out of the opening and saw that they didn’t notice, and we were in the clear. When I turned back around, Eunbi was back in her human form, she still looked like she ran a marathon (which she technically did).

‘’Eunbi, what the hell is this?’’ I asked her, crossing my arms.

‘’I’m sorry, I should’ve told you sooner, but you had vampires all around you. I was afraid that once they knew, they would kill me.’’ She explained.

That was understandable, knowing Sakura, that would’ve been her plan of action.

‘’Well, now I know why I’ve been targeted so much lately.’’ I paused. ‘’Was it true? When she said that you were sent to kidnap me. Was our friendship real?’’

She chuckled dryly and pointed between us. ‘’If it wasn’t real, would I have risked my life like that for you?’’ She grabbed onto the wall and stood up, brushing off the dirt she had on her clothes she was still wearing from the dance practice.

She was about to walk to me, but something came flying at her and she had to throw herself in the opposite direction to avoid it.

‘’What the-‘’ I was winded when something pulled me from behind.

‘’Don’t worry you’re safe now.’’ It was Mina. She was here now and so was Sakura and the others.

Sakura grabbed a hold of my shoulders and looked me over several times, for injuries or something. ‘’Are you ok? Are you hurt? Who did this? Was it her?’’ She pointed at Eunbi was now pinned against the cave wall by Sana.

I shook my head, ‘’No, shes the one who saved me. Werewolves kidnapped me, and I only lived because of Eunbi.’’

My girlfriend grimaced and huffed angrily. ‘’She stinks of werewolf, shes one of them.’’

‘’I know but we can trust her, shes my friend.’’

‘’She doesn’t look like one of them, that’s for sure.’’ Nako remarked from up in one of the trees outside the cave. Her pointy tail flicking from side to side as she judged the friendly werewolf.

That was right, I’ve seen Eunbi smile countless times, she had normal human teeth and she had normal brown eyes.

‘’I’m the only half-human in the family, I took more of my father’s side when I became older.’’ Sana let Eunbi’s throat go but stayed close.

Everyone was tense, not knowing what to do, so we all looked at Sakura. She was the one who made decisions in the group.

‘’Leave her, but why were you by yourself? Momo was attacked but why did you walk off on your own?’’ Sakura asked me.

I twiddled my fingers and gave her a sheepish smile, ‘’I’m sorry, I had to hurry home, so my mom and sister could enjoy themselves for once.’’

She sighed and fixed a piece of my messy hair out of my face. ‘’Please don’t do that again, didn’t you promise me that I won’t lose you again. I was so close to-‘’ Her voice broke and she casted her gaze away at Eunbi. ‘’Thank you for saving her. But you must explain.’’

‘’My mother wants her for her special blood, Chaeyeon’s blood can make werewolves invisible to vampires. Werewolves could wipe you vampires out quicker and more effectively. You can’t let them do that.’’

‘’Why, wouldn’t that be an easier life for yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter