Closure

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After laughing for a good 10 minutes at Shige, we calmed down and Sakura told me that it was time to meet her mother. After remembering what I had went through when I last saw her, she said she would understand if I didn't want to and instead she would take me home and that would be the end of the day. But this is now or never. Eventually I would've had to face the woman who caused us pain. However, that was in the past now, I've accepted that.

''No its fine, I should prove to her that I want to be with you. A girlfriend should make a good impression on the in-laws, right?'' I hooked my arm around hers and she beamed, eyes sparkling, just like they did when we were playing as kids.

Sakura led us down the stairs again, going at my pace because she sensed that I was really just forcing my legs to move at this point. Just because I said I should face her with my heart doesn't mean my body completely agrees with that idea. I was afraid that she would wipe my memory again, but Kura was here now. She wouldn't let that happen.

''Why did Momo call me your new plaything?'' I brought up an old topic to keep myself distracted. ''Have you been 'cheating on me'?''

She shook her head, her hair almost hitting my face because of how fast it was. ''No, never! I just liked to have a date once in a while to see if I could move on from you because I was losing hope of ever finding you. Turns out, I picked all the girls who looked like you, acted like you and had the same interests...So I stopped a year before you transferred.'' She spilled.

I hummed and patted her arm. ''Don't worry I'm not mad at you, I don't blame you for trying to get over me but I'm glad you didn't.'' But I did move to pinch on of her cheeks, ''Don't go doing that now though! I'll get really jealous!'' I warned.

She whined and pulled away from my attack. ''Never ever again.''

When we reached the entrance of the living room, Shige was already there, waiting with her head down. She didn't have an expression and avoided our gazes.

''Come in.'' That voice. ''I won't do it again.'' They said.

Sakura walked in first, waiting for me when my legs refused to follow. My hands were shaking and I started to form cold sweat. I was terrified. She was the cause of my childhood trauma. Why I had no friends. Why I couldn't love anyone else. Why I was lonely all these years.

I took a deep breath and peeked around the corner. She was sat in a scarlet arm chair, legs crossed and holding a wine glass in one hand. I assume that wasn't wine she was drinking. Her face. I wasn't expecting her to look so young. But she did remind me of Sakura a lot. The cold aura, the beauty and charisma.

''Please sit down.'' She gestured to the love chair opposite her. Sakura noticed I wasn't going to move any time soon and she scooped me up in her arms and sat me down before sitting next to me. Placing a hand on my lap for support. ''Its been a while, Chaeyeon.''

I gulped but couldn't stop the eye contact.

''I understand why you're so scared of me but I have changed since we last met.'' She put her glass down and clasped her hands together on her knee. ''I want to apologise. For my actions back then.''

''W-why?'' I cleared my throat, it felt like I had swallowed a handful of sand. Sakura took the pitcher of water on the table and poured me a glass. ''What made you change your mind?''

Sakura's mother's lips pursed, it kept opening and shutting. She was contemplating what to tell me, or maybe she didn't know why she changed.

''When I bounded my daughter to this mansion for 5 years, I saw how much I had hurt her. She wasn't drinking blood, she refused to come out of her room, she didn't talk to anyone but her maid and she denied any contact with me. Before a vampire, I'm a mother first and foremost. No mother should want their children to ignore them.''

Sakura took the glass out of my hands after I gulped it down, I was nearly crushing it with my grip.

''Why did you do it?''

''Sakura was engaged to a powerful vampire prince. I didn't want to jeopardise my status as queen. To carry on a royal bloodline you must keep it strict, I couldn't afford to let Sakura get tangled up with someone else, yet alone a female human.'' She explained, sighing deeply as she rubbed her temples with her long fingers. ''As I said, when I saw her so distressed when you left and forgot about her, I was regretful. I should've put my child's happiness first but I was too protective and selfish. So I sincerely apologise for my actions and I promise I won't get in the way again. You have my full support.''

What was I supposed to say at this moment? I should be happy that she's giving us her blessing and that she wouldn't get in the way. She was sorry. She admitted to her mistakes. But my body just wouldn't take it. It flushed with red, hot anger.

''Why di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter