Falling

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter has some disturbing words/descriptions depending on the person reading. Just a warning.

 

Just as I thought my life was about to end by the jaws of this furious creature, he stopped just as his front teeth pricked my skin. I could feel a small trail of blood leaking out and I was too scared to even move in case that motivated him to continuing biting down.

''This won't do, I want to make you suffer. I want to make everyone around you suffer.'' He changed his grip onto my hoodie, holding by the hood, he started dragging me through the door. Jiyong stopped to check if it was okay to go out, once he heard that the others were still fighting back where we came, he dragged me the other way.

I had to stumble to keep along, I tried to grab onto the railings of the stairs he led us up and the door frames we passed. He was too forceful and I had to submit.

When we stopped, I hadn't realised that he got us onto the roof of the venue. The building was really high. Like, 7 stories high. I had an idea why he brought us up here and he soon confirmed that when he flung me over the edge.

I screamed and failed in the air, trying my best to grip onto anything that would stop me from falling. I took a quick look down and there was no way I could survive that.

''Ple-please!'' I begged. Streams of tears were coming out of my eyes and my lips quivered.

He smirked and loosened his fist, giving me the biggest fright for a split second before he tightened it again, catching me. ''Now this is a look I like. I wonder how your little princess girlfriend would react when she finds you all over that ground below you?''

I was having a hard time breathing because I was only supported by his hold on the hoodie and my own hands trying to hold onto the ledge. ''P-please, stop. E-eunbi doesn't hate you, i-if you do the right thing, she'll forgive you.''

''Forgiveness? I don't need forgiveness, I'm not doing the wrong thing. All I want is my sister back, the only way my mother will allow that is if I kill you and bring your blood in hand.''

I could feel my fingers slowly slipping from the edge, there wasn't much time until he lets go.

''Its doesn't h-have to be that way. If you wo-wolves leave us in peace, no-one will get hurt. Please, we haven't d-done anything wrong.''

''Wrong!'' His voice boomed. ''I have to kill you. This is how we were taught. WE were meant to strive, not blood ers. This is a waste of time. Say goodbye, little Chaeyeon.''

I closed my eyes and wished for everything to go back in time but of course it didn't happen. Inevitably I fell, the wind caressed my face like a cold embrace and my limbs were completely limp, I didn't even wail as I accepted my death.

I didn't want to end like this. This was a horrible way to die. I had the time to think as I fell, I just wanted it to end quickly, painlessly. I didn't want to think about all the things that I had yet to do. My family, my friends and my lover. Sakura. All I had ever wanted was a nice life but fate had other plans for me.

I stared at my hand in front of me, the one that had the ring on. It looked even more stunning in the sunset light.

I love her so much.

Maybe in my next life, I'll meet Sakura again. Where we're both humans so we don't have to go through this suffering.

....................

Just as I thought I would hit the ground harshly, something caught me from the side. I yelped and struggled, it was a pair of small arms and I was suddenly flying. Flying?!

My eyes shot open to see myself flying upwards towards where I fell from.

''I got you, please stop moving, its okay now.'' Hitomi, it was Hitomi!

She held me from under my arms as her angel-like wings flew us higher. She was really an angel. I wasn't going to die. My heart rate jumped up and my whole body was shivering in utter relief and joy because I wouldn't be leaving this world anymore. Not right now.

Hitomi stopped ascending and stopped mid-air just above the roof to show me what was happening. Apparently Eunbi had joined us and was now pinning her brother down, trying to talk him down, shouting in his face. I couldn't quite hear because of how far we were.

''I'm going to set us down, the others will be here soon.'' Hitomi said and she landed us on the far end of the roof, away from the fighting wolves.

''Jiyong, snap out of it! I don't like being in a family that takes joy in killing! You know that!'' Eunbi held her brother's head down with her hand but Jiyong got the upper hand and flung her off by kicking his legs at her stomach.

''Shut up! We were born for this. Its in our blood to kill those who are in our way. Come back with me now, or I'm going to kill you.'' His body quivered in anger and more of his wolf side came out.

''I'm not going back, so why don't you try killing me now?!'' Eunbi busted out into her wolf form, displaying her jet back fur and impressive size.

However, I was even more shocked at Jiyong when he transformed. His form was bigger, leaner, covered in golden fur and his eyes filled with blood lust.  He was ghastly, something you would see in nightmares.

He snapped his jaws at her, like he was still talking to her but obviously she ignored him and ran, colliding their bodies in a rough impact. They fought like wild animals, biting each other whenever and wherever they could. Paws flying and their claws passing through skin like butter.

I could see that Eunbi was struggling to keep up with Jiyong's stronger and more aggressive tactics. He was ruthless, he didn't stop to give his sister a break. He kept advancing until he got her trapped between a wall and himself.

''Hitomi, you have to help her!'' Eunbi was starting to bleed a lot from her wounds, if she didn't die from the bites and scratches, she would die from blood loss.

''Just wait, help will come.'' She kept her hands on my shoulder to keep me down, I was still trembling from what I had experienced but I was more worried about Eunbi. ''Here she comes.''

Out of nowhere, Sakura came crashing in and knocked Jiyong out and away from the injured black wolf. Eunbi was panting and she slumped to the ground, she whined and whimpered from all the bite marks she had to endure and my heart broke at the sounds. She no longer had the energy to keep her form and turned back into a human, but her clothes were ripped and barely covered a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter