The Reveal

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Slight disturbing discription ahead, just a warning.

 

My head hurts….I must’ve passed out. I groaned and sat up, the blanket falling off my torso. The light was still on, and it was 2am in the morning. I can’t remember a thi-

‘’Hmmmm…..I guess its because’’

No……no…No it can’t be.

‘’…I’m in love with you?’’

No! I grabbed my head with my hands and start messing up my hair at the memory.

‘’I’m glad you’re awake, I was starting to contemplate turning you into a vampire.’’

My head snapped to the floor next to my bed. Sakura was sat dead center on the mat, legs tucked neatly underneath her, and her hands clasped on her lap.

‘’You!’’

She smiled and stood up, brushing her school skirt off. I noticed she didn’t have brown eyes anymore, but glowing red ones like that man from before.

‘’Thanks for letting me stay here, he was really giving me a hard time. He doesn’t know when to give up.’’ She got up on the desk and drew one side of the curtains open, unlocking the window again. ‘’I hope you’ll still talk to me at school….it’d be best if I explain in more depth.’’ And then she jumped down.

Wind blew into my room, the curtains flapping about. I laid there, staring at my plain white ceiling, thinking about the quickest way to move a family outside Korea.

I grabbed the pillow from below me and slammed it over my head to muffle the screaming. I let my legs flail around as I tried coming to terms with everything. Sakura?! A vampire. A vampire princess of all things?! Shes dangerous royalty and her butler did not seem like a friendly person either. She didn’t even tell me why she was hiding from him.

Rebel teenage vampire? She murdered too many people? There were endless possibilities.

She still doesn’t seem like a vampire though. For all I know, it could’ve been a well thought out prank. Fake fangs, red contact lenses. Surely that must’ve been it. It’s all movie magic…..but I’m not in a movie…. Even if it was, it wouldn’t explain why my family didn’t wake up from that loud yell from the butler. The whole neighbourhood would’ve woken up to be frank.

Urgh, I don’t want to deal with this. I have school tomorrow, I’ll get to the bottom of it. Until then, I’m dead beat.

…………………………..

‘’Are you ok? You have massive bags underneath your eyes.’’ Eunbi whispered over.

I muffled my endless yawning with my hand and rubbed my eyes constantly. Even though I went straight back to sleep last night, Sakura’s red eyes kept appearing in my dreams, hence why I looked about half dead right now.

‘’I’m fine, I stayed up a bit too late last night.’’ I glared over my shoulder at the girl who caused all this. At least she had the decency to look sheepish. ‘’I’m not eating lunch with you guys today.’’

She grinned and leaned over a bit more. ‘’Why? Are you finally confessing to your stalker?’’

I hit her arm to get her back to her side, but she let out a yelp too loud and Miss Hwang almost came over but Eunbi faked accidently stabbing herself with her pencil in time.

‘’Ow, you have a strong punch…’’

‘’Serves you right. I don’t have a crush on her, shes just…’’ Shes what? Even I didn’t know how to explain what she was to me at this moment in time. I couldn’t exactly blurt out that shes a vampire princess. I mean I could just call her a stalker but the moment Eunbi starts taking that seriously, she’ll report Sakura for harassment.

What a complicated situation.

‘’Shes what?’’ The class president probed, lifting a teasing eyebrow.

‘’Whatever, maybe a crush.’’ As soon as I said it, I regretted it instantly.

At the back of the classroom, Sakura suddenly stood up, shooting her arms up in the air. Celebrating by herself. She looked like a lunatic, everyone else laughed their asses off while others rolled their eyes at her eccentric behaviour. I knew she heard me.

‘’Sakura sit down! Come talk to me after school!” Miss Hwang warned everyone to be quiet or she would make us clean the pool. The yucky pool that had been gathering algae for the last 2 months.

‘’Yes Miss Hwang, excuse me.’’ She sat back down and cupped her cheeks with her hands, just blinking innocently at me.

I sighed and dreaded the conversation we were going to have at lunch.

…………………………………….

I wrapped myself in her millions of blankets while I waited for her to come up. She disappeared right when the class ended, and I thought she would’ve rushed up here, but I guessed wrong.

I watched as steam came out from my mouth each time I breathed. It was really cold in Korea when it was winter time, then again it was really hot in the summer. There wasn’t an in-between. Looking up at the sky, a few crows flew by, chirping away. I breathed in Sakura’s scent and sighed. She did smell really good. Its hard to describe it, homey? No… Sweet. Yeah, it was sweet….Wait what am I doing?

I roughly shoved the blanket away from my face. What is happening with me. This is so weird.

‘’Here. I bought this up here. Humans get cold so easily.’’ Sakura walked through the door in only her standard uniform, no jumper. She even had her sleeved rolled up.

‘’What is it?’’

She revealed a portable heater from behind her legs and an extension cable that looked to be already plugged in from downstairs. She placed it behind me and turned the temperature all the way up, I quickly felt the difference and I was grateful she was this thoughtful.

‘’So, you must have a lot of questions.’’ She sat down opposite me, cross-legged and unbothered by the cold.

I rolled my eyes and shuffled closer to the heater. ‘’Vampire princess? Really?’’

‘’You still don’t believe me?’’

‘’No sane human would.’’

Sakura closed her eyes and once she opened them again, the usual brown was gone, instead replaced with blood red eyes. The red swirled around like it was actual flowing blood. I shiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter