Knight With The White Hair

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The impact never came, when I opened my eyes a flash of something or someone knocked the guy away from me and they started rolling and wrestling each other on the frosted ground further away. I rubbed my eyes because I had forgotten to blink them while I was staring at that monstrous man. It turned out to be a girl wearing the same uniform as us, she had snow white shoulder length hair, I thought it might’ve been Sakura but when she stopped punching the man, she looked up at us and shouted at Momo.

‘’Why are you just standing there, Momo?! Get her inside !’’

Momo swiftly picked me up and zoomed us inside, making sure to lock every door and window in the house. While I rushed to my bedroom window to peek out, the girl who saved me had finished fighting the man and was currently dragging his bloody body away, I fought the urge to throw up.

‘’Thats Mina…she looks different when shes in vampire mode.’’ Momo explained.

‘’Who was that man?’’

‘’Thats a werewolf, a different kind though.’’

‘’Just how many kinds of werewolves out there? I thought they vaguely resembled wolves at the very least…’’

Momo shook her head and took a seat on my desk chair, browsing some of the comics I had laying around. ‘’Compare them to dogs, werewolves have many breeds. The one you just saw was mixed with a bit of vampire.’’

I shivered as I remembered his appearance. I felt like I was in a horror movie.

‘’Wheres Sakura?’’ I asked. I wonder if she was safe, there might be more of these guys out there hunting for her. Yoona did say she was the weakest fighter in their family, Shige was with her, but I had no idea how reliable she was.

Momo came and stood next to me, guiding me to sit down on my own bed. ‘’Have some faith in your girlfriend, shes tougher than she looks. I tried calling her, but she wouldn’t answer her phone. I’ll try again in a bit.’’

There was a knock on the bedroom door and I felt the fear paralyzing my body again. Momo rubbed my shoulder and opened my door to reveal Mina. She didn’t have red eyes or the white hair anymore, she looked normal like she did in school. More human. Her uniform was covered in black substance…probably the guy’s blood. I was thankful she opted to stay standing up or else I would have a hard time cleaning that mess up.

‘’I got rid of him, but I found this on him.’’ She held a piece of cloth that look strangely familiar. ‘’It reeks of Chaeyeon’s scent. He must’ve used this to track her down.’’

I rushed over to dig through my clothing and found the same jumper I wore when I went to the park with Sakura. It was missing the exact amount as what Mina held in her hand, it was on the back too and so I would’ve never noticed it.

‘’Someone is surely out to get you and they want you dead.’’ Mina said as she started stripping off her clothes, ‘’Can you lend me some clothes?’’ I nodded, and I gave her a set of sports joggers and sweater I use when I go on runs. Morning runs wasn’t an option anymore it seems….

‘’I know Sakura said people would be going after me to get to her but why are people going after her in the first place?’’

Mina finished changing and glanced at Momo, as if asking mentally if it was okay to tell me. She sighed and sat down next. ‘’Sakura is a pureblood. Purebloods are…very expensive because of how much power they hold. Momo, Hitomi, Nako and I are considered ‘tainted’. We’re mixed with other things, but we still consider ourselves as vampires.’’

‘’What are you mixed with?’’ Mina had snow white hair when she was fighting, I was curious to see what else was in the world other than vampires and werewolves.

‘’I’m part dark elf.’’ Wow. She carried on, ‘’Dark elves usually lives in forests, but my mother fell in love with one while she got lost and gave birth to me.’’

‘’I’m part wolf!’’ Momo added loudly. Another set of perky, furry ears popped out from the top of her head and my eyes widen as I backed away. ‘’Don’t worry, I’m a friendly mix. My ancestors were too busy eating to join in on the bloodshed.’’

I sighed and rubbed my temples. Surely, I wasn’t the only human to know about them, there had to be some half-human, half-vampires, somewhere right? I wish I had another human to vent to, to talk about how crazy this is…well this is insane.

‘’Werewolves want pure vampire blood to get stronger, Sakura is…’’ Mina coughed a nudged Momo to carry on but Momo made sure to avoid her and look somewhere else. ‘’Sakura is…kinda weak for a vampire….’’

‘’I know, her mother made that clear.’’ I said. I played with my phone in my hands and checked if there were any messages from the said weak vampire, but there were none. ‘’We should go make sure shes okay.’’

Mina quickly got up and blocked my way to the door. ‘’I can’t let you do that. Theres no way of knowing if theres more of them outside.’’

‘’Then how are we supposed to know if shes fine or not? What if shes already dead? What then-‘’

‘’You still feel her, don’t you?’’ Mina grabbed my hand and put in over my heart. ‘’You guys are connected now, you would be on the ground withering in total agony if she was dead.’’ She reasoned. ‘’In fact, shes here now.’’ She pointed to my window that Momo just opened and Sakura came crawling in with a bunch of bags in her hand.

I soundlessly ran to her, hugging her as tight as I could. She dropped her bags and caught me in her arms, she was wearing boots that had heels, so I had to jump a little.

‘’Chaeyeon, are you alright? What happened?’’ I heard her sniff out the room and she stopped breathing and a low rumble boomed throughout her chest and out of in a growl. ‘’What the hell happened? Why is there a werewolf scent in here?’’

Mina was the one to explain while Momo left the room, saying she needed to make sure Sakura wasn’t followed. ‘’There was someone waiting outside Chaeyeon’s house, ready to kill her. Thankfully I came in time to make sure she was ok and killed him.’’

‘’Wasn’t Momo there to protect her?’’

Oh…now I knew why Momo was in such a rush to get out before Sakura found out. I didn’t blame Momo at all, I knew she tried her best and probably made a rash decision when she said I should run to my house.

‘’Yes but…’’

‘’No buts.’’ Sakura eyes turned her natural blood red and glared at Mina’s clothes in the corner of my room. ‘’What did you do with the body?’’

‘’I burned it in a secluded alley. I made sure nothing was left but I am absolutely sure he wasn’t working alone. He was weak, too weak.’’ Mina her chin as she thought about the possibilities. ‘’There must be at least 3. One to lookout around the school to know when Chaeyeon is leaving. One to separate her and Momo and the last at the doorstep.’’

Sakura gently nudged me away and knelt next to the bloody clothing, smelling it and poking around it. I could almost hear the gears grinding in her head.

‘’We can’t leave Chaeyeon by herself, we can’t leave her family unprotected either. I’ll have you and Momo guard them. Hitomi and Nako can help too but they’re still young.’’ Sakura shoulders heaved up and down as she tried keeping herself in check. I knew she would’ve bolted out looking for a fight. ‘’Chaeyeon, are you o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter