Laugh It All Off

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We all agreed that we should have a meeting about what had happened to me. I was still terrified of going outside but waiting around wasn’t doing us any good. Momo had visited me in the morning, swapping shifts with Mina. Thankfully she looked relatively fine, but no doubt went through a lot because she still had faint bite marks all over her arm and neck. She said that she was sorry she couldn’t keep me safe, but I shushed her saying that she did her best and we shouldn’t dwell over it. It wasn’t her fault in the first place.

When we got there, Eunbi was already sitting on the couch, drinking tea and watching TV with Hitomi and Nako. She looked like she belonged there. It was heart-warming to see enemies so at peace with each other.

‘’Hey, are you feeling any better?’’ She asked.

I shrugged and kept my answer short, everyone knew I wasn’t fine, but it was something everyone asked. ‘’Yeah, a little bit.’’

I sat down next to her while Sakura sat on the other side of me, the rest grabbed chairs when they couldn’t fit on the already massive couch.

‘’They’ll keep going after her, we can’t leave her alone. They managed to corner Momo and take her effortlessly, I’m not going to let that happen again.’’ Sakura started off.

‘’They won’t attack her while shes in class, they won’t expose themselves like that. But outside is fair game.’’ Mina brought up. ‘’Eunbi, do you have anything to add?’’

The werewolf next to me shifted uncomfortably when she started thinking about the situation. ‘’I found out that we were getting tips on where and when Chaeyeon would be, they come from outside the family. I was the only spy they sent in and I never gave out anything. I always gave out false information when my mother demanded it.’’

‘’So, do you have any clue on who it might be?’’ Sakura inquired. At some point she managed to grab one of my hands and started playing with my fingers.

‘’No, not at all. But if that person knows that much, it must be someone is familiar with Chaeyeon, knowing where she would be at certain times of the day.’’ Eunbi speculated, her chin like a detective. ‘’It was strange how they knew only Momo would be there to guard her on that specific day.’’

Everyone looked at each other with interest, possibly thinking how one of us could be a betrayer.

‘’None of you, would dare do that. Right?’’ Sakura took her time inspecting every single one of her cousins closely, including her butler and maid. Who were quietly standing in the corner. ‘’Because-‘’

I cut her off before she could threaten them. ‘’Stop, none of them are guilty. I’ve bonded with them to know that much.’’

I may be stupid at times, but I was a good judge of characters because of the lonely upbringing I had. Momo and Mina were loyal, devoted to Sakura as subjects. They didn’t hesitate to throw themselves into danger because of me and I doubt that they would stop anytime soon. Sana was questionable at times, but she was only messing with me for the sake of entertainment and she too was loyal.

Sakura and I often joked around that Nako and Hitomi were our children, and sometimes they acted like it. Nako was that kid who loved to play with me whenever I was around her and Hitomi often spend nights on my windowsill, talking about her feelings as if I was her mother.

I had also became closer to Yunho and Shige. On the mornings when he would pick me up and drop me off, even though the ride was short, he consoled me when I looked troubled and gave me brotherly advice. It was a nice change since I was the eldest in my family and didn’t have an elder sibling to rely on. Shige teased me most of the time I was near her, but I knew she cared for me when she started learning how to make human dishes, asking Yunho to give me lunches to share among my human friends.

No one in this room, would do that to me nor Sakura. We were like a close-knit family now.

‘’That still begs the question of who did you in.’’ Eunbi spoke up. ‘’That person must want you dead for some reason.’’

‘’Who ever it is, we’ll be more careful about sharing information and speaking in public places.’’ Sakura concluded. ‘’They’ll slip at one point and we’ll catch them then. For now, lets focus on keeping Chaeyeon safe. No less then 2 people and I’m adding Yunho and Shige on night shifts.’’

All the vampires agreed and that was the end, Sakura left to hunt while I was safe here in an apartment full of vampire guards. I took this opportunity to reach out to Sana, but of course, vampires have super hearing, so everyone heard what I said anyways.

‘’Sana, will you go with me to talk to Sunmi?’’ I recently found out that Sana was a vampire succubus, like Sunmi. I should’ve guessed when I met her, but I was too preoccupied by the fact that she was always sensual for some reason. Sana had the ability to cancel out Sunmi’s charms and that meant I wouldn’t be in danger if I were to be in a room with her.

But, many people in the room groaned in protest.

‘’Sakura will be mad if she finds out Sunmi was near you.’’ Nako said.

‘’But she won’t…. because you won’t tell her, right? I need to talk about something important with Sunmi without Sakura butting in.’’

‘’Even if we let you, she’ll smell your scent in that room.’’ Mina pointed out.

That’s when I smirked and beckoned her closer. ‘’Thats why we should swap clothes.’’

Mina rolled her eyes but got changed and gave me the clothes she was wearing just a few moments ago. ‘’Make sure not to get that shirt dirty…that’s my favourite one.’’

I pinched her cheek and smiled. ‘’Then I’ll make sure to drool all over it.’’ I heard Sana snicker from outside Sakura’s room.

I took a deep breath and faced Sakura’s door. On the other side was the person who kidnapped me first, the person who tried getting rid of me and betrayed Sakura’s trust, or whatever was left of it. It was now or never,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter