Secrets

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was nervous to say the least, Sakura begged me to go to hers after school and for some reason I had hoped my mother would’ve said anything to get me out of it, but she was excited I was spending time with others, more specifically my girlfriend. I knew Sakura was rich, so I wasn’t surprised at all when we arrived at an expensive apartment complex. Each flat was big enough to fit three times the amount of my own house. I guess it pays to be a royal vampire.

‘’Hurry up! I want you to meet Hii-chan and Nako-chan!’’ I was lagging because I was a little scared to be in a space full of vampires again. The last time didn’t go so well and even though I knew Sunmi wasn’t going to be there, sometimes I couldn’t help the way I think.

‘’Ok, ok…. ‘’

Mina pushed me from behind despite my best efforts to put all my body weight against her and then I was greeted by their enormous home. It was white. Like, really white and decorated with stereotypical rich people things. I knew my family was well off but compare it to Sakura’s wealth, shes in another league.

‘’Hello, you’re THE Chaeyeon.’’ Someone tugged my sleeve and I looked down to see the girl I had mistaken for an elementary school student on the first day. This must be Nako, Sakura did describe her to be a very small person. I don’t doubt that she must be older than she looks. ‘’I’m Nako, Sakura’s cousin and this is Hitomi, our other distant cousin.’’ She pointed to the girl on the L-shaped couch who was peeking over the back of it.

I had never seen Hitomi before and I kind of expected more of a scary looking vampire, but she was made of fluffy, squishy cheeks. Even squishier than Yena’s.

‘’Hi, nice to meet you…I’m Sakura’s girlfriend.’’ I greeted back shyly and looked around for my girlfriend to hide behind but she was gone, and Mina was holding back a laugh. ‘’Where is she?’’

‘’Come here.’’ She grabbed my hand and led me down the hallway to what I guessed was Sakura’s room. She opened the door slightly, just enough for us to peek in and we saw Sakura rushing around her room in vampire speed, taking down all her posters and pictures of her beloved Irene. I felt a little guilty that she felt the need to do all this, but it was equally as weird that she was worshipping someone to that degree.

‘’Are you hungry?’’ Mina asked as she closed the door to leave Sakura to it.

This morning I was so busy planning for my revenge that I forgot to pack my lunch that mom had left on the kitchen counter. Thankfully, Eunbi was kind enough to share some of hers but of course, Sakura had dragged me away before I could finish all of it. Leaving me a tad starved.

I rubbed my stomach with a sheepish smile. ‘’Yeah, just a bit. Could I cook here?’’

Mina shook her head and led me back to the living room, sitting me down next to Hitomi.

‘’It’s rude to make a guest cook for themselves. I’ll quickly make something.’’

Just then, Sakura ran out of her room, her hair all dishevelled, and she was now wearing a casual hoodie and jeans. ‘’No! I wanna make her something!’’

‘’Please, I’m the better cook.’’

Sakura huffed and headed towards the kitchen, but she was matched by Mina and they both fought each other all the way there, stopping at the doorway because they both tried to fling each other out.

I was about to intervene but Hitomi grabbed my wrist, ‘’It’s better if you let them bicker, sometimes it’s dangerous.’’

‘’Did someone say cook food?!’’ Momo came out from her room with an apron on already and joined in on the scuffle. ‘’I’m better than the two of you combined!’’ I fought the urge to sigh at the sight of three full grown vampires fighting on the floor like children for the right to play chef. It makes me wonder how old they really are.

I cupped my hands around my mouth and shouted at them to halt. They all looked at me frozen in their positions. Mina was pinned to the floor by Sakura with her hands in Momo’s hair while Sakura was sandwiched between her cousins, Momo was also biting my girlfriend’s head.

‘’How about you all make me a little something and then I’ll judge who is the best?’’

They all looked at each and got off each other, brushing their clothes off to retain their dignity.

‘’That sounds like an amazing, babe….’’ Sakura paused and suddenly vanished into the kitchen with Mina and Momo in tow.

‘’Hey that’s not fair! You didn’t count down!’’

‘’All is fair in love and war!’’ Sakura quoted back. It was hard to imagine that Sakura was cold and heartless like how Mina had described. She was such a dork….

Nako came and sat down on the other side of me and the TV, putting on that drama my sister is obsessed with.

‘’So, what are you guys mixed with?’’ I asked, trying to make conversation.

Hitomi shifted and a pair of angel-like wings shot out from her back, expanding so wide that it curled around me and Nako. My eyes felt like they were about to pop out from my eye sockets and I couldn’t close my mouth. They don’t even seem like vampires anymore. Are they even vampires?

‘’I’m part fairy, but fairies have feather wings instead of what you see in those children fairy-tales.’’ She said as her wings retracted back and adjusted her clothes properly. A real-life angel….

‘’Uhmm ok… how about you Nako?...’’ I turned around to see Nako with devilish horns on her head and a crimson tail coming out from behind her with a pointed arrow tip.

‘’I’m a spawn of Satan. Literally.’’ Spawn. Of. Satan. Ok, that’s totally not scary.

I nodded, speechless and focused my attention back on to the ruckus the three others were making in the kitchen and hoped that my food was edible.

………………………………………

After an hour of waiting, Sakura came out with a flour covered face and beckoned me in. They told me to sit on the kitchen island and test each and one of their dishes. I told them to make one each, but they said they did but then Momo had to go and make more, which prompted the other two to make more and now the whole island was displayed with food. I couldn’t even tell who made what anymore, so I just waved it off and tasted a little bit of everything, complimenting all of it. Including the questionable chewy white blob that was by itself.

‘’So, who was the best?’’ They all looked hopefully at me, waiting patiently as I pretended think about it. If I was honest, it was all really good, and I lost track of what I was eating.

‘’Uhhhh….’’ I dragged my answer for as long as I could, but a miracle happened, their apartment door slammed opened and Yunho came bursting into the kitchen, his usual, neatly kept composure was out of place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter