A Chase

There She Was
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can't believe I'm officially engaged.

Yesterday.

On our first date.

With a vampire.

Oh. My. Gosh.

''Hey, are you okay there wifey?''

Sakura propped herself on an elbow and looked down at me. I still had my eyes shut so that I wouldn't get too flustered looking at her face. Even though nothing happened last night, she still kicked Momo out the room to cuddle with me. Admittedly, I couldn't sleep with her breathing on my neck all night but at least I tried.

''I'm good...''

She was about to kiss me but I swerved my head away. Of course, she pouted.

''Morning breath, its bad kissing with it.'' I explained.

''I don't care, I just want a kiss.''

She kept trying to shove her face near mine so I had to use all of my limbs to keep her off me. ''Well I mind and its gross! You can have as many kisses as you want later!''

''Really?'' Her eyes got bigger with glee and she stopped persisting but managed to sneak in a peck on the cheek. ''As many as I want?''

''Yes, as many as you want.'' I reassured her. ''I can't believe you still want more after all that making out last night.''

She shrugged and flicked me on the forehead. ''I can never get enough of you. Plus, what we did last night was barely anything.''

''Oh my god, you're such a vampire.'' I grabbed a pillow to smack her but she did nothing to avoid getting hit.

''What? I've been waiting for this moment for ages, can you blame me?''

''Thats so weird! I was a kid back then, you couldn't of done anything anyways!'' I covered my chest with both of my arms to get my point across.

She rolled her eyes and threw the pillow back to me, smacking me square in the face. ''I didn't mean it like that, in case you don't remember, I was also a kid back then.''

''But you changed yourself into a kid to fit in.'' I pointed out. ''You would've looked like a total creep hanging out with me back then if you looked like you do now.''

She feigned hurt by slapping her hand over her chest. ''Are you calling me a cougar? I'm not that old!''

''Pfff, you so are. I'm marrying a grandmother.''

''Take that back!''

''Never!''

We continued to wrestle in bed for a bit, sometimes I would dominate her by 'suffocating' her with the pillow and then she would flip us over and retaliate tickling me. It was so unfair that vampires couldn't get ticklish, there would've been so many pranks I could've done on her.

We stopped when my breathing got too heavy and we ended up in a rather compromising position. By that, I mean she draped herself all over me and start kissing my neck like she did last night. She was about to leave a mark but I stopped her like I did as always.

She groaned but I gave a quick smack on the head to remind her I wasn't ready to go that far yet.

''I've already ordered your breakfast, go take a shower or you'll be late to leave.'' I was about to fall back asleep after that exhausting play session but she smiled and threw the covers off the both of us.

I opened my eyes fully to see her changing her clothes and of course I turned around quickly to give her some privacy. I mean, just because we're engaged doesn't mean I can peek at her whenever right? Right.

I grabbed my clothes and rushed to the shower, by now Sakura was done and was sitting on the bed, scrolling through her twitter feed. I bit my lip and thought of the perfect way to . Shes been calling me wifey since yesterday and its not that I don't like it but she was shouting it across the street to anyone who looked at us.

I held the door frame and jutted out my hip, flicking my hair to one side of my head as I leaned seductively. That caught her attention almost immediately and she dropped her phone, eyes wide open.

''Wouldn't you like to join me in the shower, Kkura-chan~?'' I didn't know how my voice got that sultry but it did and I was proud of it.

The vampire stood up from the bed and zoomed over with unnatural speed. Sakura pressed herself against me and waited for something, like for me to drag her into the bathroom.

I held my laugh in and set my face to a poker face. I got closer until our lips were just touching.

''Do you really mean it?'' Her voice was so deep, so y, it almost made me answer yes. I hated how she could out do me so easily. But, I kept my mission in mind and whispered.

''Hmm...I change my mind, maybe next time?'' I pushed her out the way and blew her a kiss and wink. Before I closed the door in her face, she gave me the most pitiful expression she could muster.

''Yah! Lee Chaeyeon, you can't just say that and leave me like this!''

''Well, I just did, so deal with it, wifey!''

...............................

After that nice quick, hot shower and breakfast. We all met up in the gigantic lobby and followed Momo, our guide to the dance competition venue. On the way there, Sakura was grumbling under her breath that she would get me back somehow and Mina overheard and started teasing Sakura about being whipped. And then they bickered the whole way there. I tried staying out of any arguments they bought up about how good of a kisser Sakura was and how far we were in the relationship.

Instead, I opted to walk with our 'kids' and they kept me company and asked me appropriate things like how my date was yesterday and if I liked the ring. Turns out the cousins all had a part in designing the ring. It made it all the more special.

''We're here.'' Momo announced and we saw just how big this national competition was. The line for the audience was huge, like we were outside a really famous singer's concert. I really had no idea that this would be such a big deal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter