Chapter 6

Doctor Doctor - 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy thought things between her and Eric was fine. After all, they seemed to have a great talk the other day. However, things seemed to have gone back to square one. Eric was shunning her again.

 

“Yo, Canadian. Why the sulky face?” Yeri hummed and took a seat at the opposite side of the table.

 

“Hm? Nothing, it’s just my face.” Wendy deadpans.

 

“Another obvious thing is that you’re lying.” Yeri rolled her eyes.

 

“Leave me alone.” Wendy whimpered. She wasn’t in the mood to deal with Yeri’s sharp tongue today.

 

“Come on, tell mother Yeri what is troubling you.” Yeri hummed.

 

Wendy narrowed her eyes suspiciously before deciding to tell her about how Eric was shunning her. Yeri tried her best to keep a straight expression while cursing in her head. It was obviously her fault that he was acting like that. Yeri didn’t actually think that Eric would go as far to avoid Wendy. She just wanted him to think clearly and take things slow.

 

Yeri was not and never going to tell Wendy that she went to talk to Eric. If not, she’d be joining the corpses in the hospital’s morgue. She made a mental note that she should go clear things up with that man.

 

“Do you think I am going in too hard?” Wendy pouted.

 

“Hmm… With that personality, it seems like it. But~ you can’t change your personality over night either… Just take it slow.” Yeri advised.

 

"I'm not being a home wrecker right?" Wendy asked. 

 

Yeri shook her head, giving the latter a little more assurance.

 

.

 

Leaving Wendy for work, she tended to patients and tried to fish out information on Heechul and Seulgi. Yeri would chat up with doctors and other nurses and smoothly inserted questions about the two doctors in question. However, the smooth talker wasn’t able to dig up information about them.

 

“Kim Heechul… You are one secretive man.”

 

“Who is secretive?” A familiar voice asked.

 

“Hello my beautiful~” Joy hummed while tilting Yeri’s chin up.

 

Yeri slapped her hand away in disgust.

 

“I told you I am not interested to date.” Yeri grumbled in annoyance.

 

“You don’t even want to give me a chance?” Joy asked.

 

“Just give up.” Yeri sighed.

 

Joy frowned. In a reckless moment, Joy dragged Yeri with her to the building staircase exit and pushed her against the wall.

 

“D-Doctor Park!” Yeri gasped. “We are in the hospital for god’s-“

 

“Don’t!” Joy shot. “Don’t tell me to give up. I don’t care even if you don’t like me back. Just let me like you. Just let me try.”

 

Yeri knitted her brows together.

 

“Why are you so insistent?” Yeri asked.

 

“Because I like you.” Joy blurted.

 

Yeri adverted her gaze downwards and sighed. She would never trust what she said.

 

Joy pulled away, letting Yeri go free. She then apologized after her mind cleared. Yeri just shrugged it off and went back into the hospital.

 

.

 

[Seulgi & Irene's House]

 

Today was a joyful day for Seulgi and especially Irene. They were both dressed up for a convention where Irene was one of the guest speaker presenting about a safer and new method to remove embolisms that clog the blood vessels. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter