Chapter 3

Doctor Doctor - 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi finally mastered the courage after 5 days and knocked on the guest room door. She was trying to convince Irene to go to work with her and talk while on the drive but the latter didn't want to.

 

Seulgi felt hurt. The last time Irene did this to her was when Seulgi forgot the older woman's birthday. That Cold War lasted for 2 weeks and within that period, Seulgi had nothing to eat.

 

"Please Irene... I'll be waiting in the living room." Seulgi sighed and plopped onto the couch.

 

She knew Irene would come out of the room because she needed to work but it still didn't feel good that she was ignoring Seulgi. Seulgi would've entered the room but that meant risking her life. Like Wendy and Joy, she knew not to bother Irene when she's angry.

 

Irene buried her head under her pillow to block out Seulgi's noise. Hearing Seulgi beg like that killed her but she was pissed. She had been so excited only to have her hopes crushed. Irene looked at the time and sprang up from her bed. She had to go to work and that meant having to see Seulgi.

 

Maybe she should forgive her. She knew how bad Seulgi cried because of their last Cold War. It wasn't Seulgi's fault either, she can't be blamed for the consequences of being a doctor and one of the bests ones.

 

"I shouldn't be selfish." Irene sighed and collected herself.

 

"Ya I'm done." Irene announced but when she arrived at the living room, Seulgi was nowhere to be seen.

 

Irene's phone dinged.

 

'Sorry, I got to go, something came up.' Seulgi texted.

 

Irene clicked her tongue and snatched her keys before storming to her car.

 

.

 

"God, stop following me!" Yeri whined as she ran around the table in the pantry with Joy at the other side.

 

"Can you two quit it?" Seulgi sighed. Sometimes these two could really be children.

 

"Right, we're in the hospital you know." Wendy nagged.

 

"Well, Doctor Park here is being a S T A L K E R." Yeri hissed.

 

"And nurse Kim here is being S T U B B O R N." Joy argued back.

 

However, it wasn't those two that were annoying. Seulgi's phone was also bleeping nonstop with messages.

 

"Say unnie, did you make Irene angry?" Joy suddenly asks.

 

Seulgi frowned the minute joy mentioned it. She then explained the reason and earned head shaking from Wendy.

 

Yeri suggested that she could find another neurosurgeon to take over but Seulgi insisted that it was a case that she was specifically told to handle.

 

Just then Irene entered. The pantry went dead silent and even Joy and Yeri sat down obediently. Wendy nudged Seulgi with her leg and jerked her head for Seulgi to go talk to her. Seulgi replied with head shaking, too afraid to.

 

"Don't think I can't hear the shuffling. If you have something to say then say it." Irene spat.

 

The room went silent again until Seulgi finally spoke up.

 

"Irene... about the date... I-"

 

"I'm not angry about the date. You said you'll wait for me this morning. Why tell me something when you cannot even keep it?" Irene demanded.

 

"I'm sorry... I just need to... I had stuff... had something and-" Seulgi tried to articulate, trying to not get distracted by her buzzing phone.

 

"What's that something?" Irene asked.

 

"Nothing." Seulgi said, making the three other terrified girls mentally face palm.

 

"Nothing?" Irene scoffed.

 

"No! I-" Just then Seulgi's work phone rang.

 

Seulgi excused herself and picked up the call.

 

"Why did you not reply my messages? Office now. Eat lunch with me." Heechul said.

 

"Um... sorry but I don't think now is a good time..." Seulgi uttered.

 

"Office. Now." Heechul emphasized and hung up.

 

"I-I need to go." Seulgi said apologetically.

 

"No. We are staying to talk it out." Irene hissed.

 

Seulgi sighed in frustration. "Look Irene. This is important, life and death. If you can't take it then why are you even dating me? Why not go date some commoner who has all the time in the world for you?"

 

Wendy's eyes almost popped out, Yeri held her breath and Joy's jaw dropped. Never had Irene thought Seulgi would say something like that to her. Irene's welled up with tears as she stood there staring at Seulgi in disbelief.

 

"Gosh..." Seulgi sighed and quickly ran out of the pantry. She didn't even bother comforting Irene.

 

.

 

[Heechul's Office]

 

"What now?" Seulgi hissed. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter