Chapter 9

Doctor Doctor - 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wendy! Help! Heehchul he-" Eric could make out the shrill sound of a woman screaming and immediately took a detour.

 

From the caller ID, he could recognize that it was the names of one of Wendy's Friend and colleague. He drove straight back to the hospital but was stopped by a cop for speeding.

 

"Go, the hospital is only across the road. I'll join you soon." Eric said.

 

Wendy nodded and bolted towards the hospital.

 

“Mam! Stay in the car!“ The officer shouted.

 

“She’s a doctor and she has an emergency operation.” Eric lied.

 

"Sir, do you know you were speed-"

 

"Sorry, I am in a rush." Eric raised his ID.

 

"I'm so sorry." The cop apologized and let him go.

 

Eric raced to the hospital and asked around for the direction where Wendy ran off. It didn't take him long to catch up to her.

 

"Wait!" He yelled when he spotted Wendy in the lift.

 

Wendy quickly pressed the open button but the lift wasn't reacting. Eric sprinted harder and took a leap. He managed to squeeze through the gaps but landed against Wendy.

 

"A-Are you okay?" Wendy uttered and quickly put a little distance between the both of them.

 

"Thank you my knight~" Eric joked.

 

.

 

"What the hell were you doing?!" Joy demanded.

 

Heechul just laughed. He stood up and dusted himself off. With a sudden movement, he gripped Joy by the neck and pinned her against the door.

 

"Joy!" Yeri yelled.

 

Heechul tightened his grip, enjoying every moment watching Joy struggle desperately. Yeri left Seulgi and attempted to help Joy but Heechul shoved her away with one push.

 

Joy's eyes twitches when she saw Yeri lay unconscious after hitting her head against one of Seulgi's bookshelves. Seulgi gasped and fumbled with her pockets. She pulled out her phone and called Wendy.

 

.

 

Wendy arrived in the nick of time. Eric ploughed the door down and immediately shoved Heechul off of joy while Wendy took a look at Yeri's condition.

 

"All of you. All of you will pay!" Heechul hissed and walked out of the room.

 

"Please don't tell Irene... please..." Seulgi begged everyone in the room.

 

"Don't tell me what?" Asked Irene who was now standing at the door.

 

.

 

The 4 Doctors and nurse sat around the meeting room table in silence. No one dared to talk and explain the details that Irene wanted to hear.

 

"Something is going on and I know it. It had to do with Kim Heechul. So talk." Irene spat.

 

Everyone looked at Seulgi, expecting her to explain but the latter just looked away with shame.

 

"Wendy!" Irene spat.

 

"Y-yes!" She jumped.

 

"Explain." Irene hissed.

 

Wendy spilled everything, about how Seulgi and Heechul were dating because Seulgi got blackmailed. She also revealed how long it had been going on up till the events from last night. After Wendy finished, a slap echoed in the room. Seulgi felt her cheek stinging and refused to look at Irene.

 

"Liar. Idiot. ! We almost broke up because of this! Why didn't you tell me about it?!" Irene yelled.

 

"I... I just wanted to protect you..." Seulgi uttered.

 

"Protect me?! All you are doing is only hurting me! I would rather be slandered than to have some man touch you." Irene barked.

 

Seulgi had nothing to say for herself.

 

"Do you not trust me? Do I come on as incapable to you?" Irene started to cry.

 

"Even though you were forced, you were still cheating on me..." Irene croaked.

 

What Seulgi done was a big affecter towards Irene's trust. She found that she could no longer count on the younger girl. Irene never wanted to be in a relationship that made her feel like that.

 

"I'm sorry..." Seulgi apologized and leaned closer towards Irene, wanting to feel warmth but Irene moved away. From her pocket, Irene reached for a bundle of keys. She took out the one for Seulgi's apartment and passed it back to her.

 

"Take this back." She said while closing Seulgi's palms around the key.

 

"No... Irene...I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter