Chapter 4

Doctor Doctor - 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kang Seulgi?!" A woman shouted.

 

Seulgi quickly jerked her hand away from Heechul and turned to look. She cursed mentally and tried to look away. Heechul, who was still unaware of the situation tried to grab Seulgi's hand but it was smacked away.

 

Sunmi tugged Seulgi to her side and stood between her and Heechul, staring at him with menace in her eyes.

 

"Who the hell are you?!" She spat. Seulgi on the other hand was trying to get her attention to explain.

 

Sunmi just returned from her placement in Afghan. She knew about the change in directors and the addition of the new doctor but she didn't know what he looked like.

 

"And who are you?" He asked and then looked to Seulgi for answers.

 

"Don't pressure her. I'm talking to you. I'm her Friend. She is attached. Why are you holding hands with her?!" Sunmi demanded.

 

Heechul scoffed. He felt like he didn't need to answer to this woman. He reached over to take Seulgi with him but Sunmi stepped in his way.

 

"Look skinny bones. I have no time to play. Don't ruin our date." He hissed.

 

"Shut up you old-looking hag. She already has someone. How can she be on a date with you?" Sunmi spat.

 

"Tell her Seulgi. Tell her." He dared.

 

Seulgi bit her lip and pushed Sunmi's grip off her wrist.

 

"Just don't tell Irene about this." Seulgi uttered.

 

"You're cheat-". "Someone call an ambulance!"

 

Sunmi snapped her head in the direction of the scream and saw the crowd forming.

 

"You..." Sunmi wanted to curse at Seulgi but held back. She her heel and dashed towards the area of commotion.

 

Seulgi wanted to go too but Heechul stopped her.

 

"No." He said.

 

"But we're Doctors!" Seulgi looked at him in disbelief.

 

"What is a neurosurgeon going to do?"

 

.

 

"Oh my god!" Joy yelled and ran towards the woman who fell onto the ground.

 

Wendy Irene and Yeri followed behind. While the general surgeon examined the woman, Wendy and Yeri performed crowd control. Irene quickly dialed for an ambulance while assisting Joy.

 

The woman had a seizure and was also foaming from the mouth. Possibilities were that she might just have a seizure, a drug overdose or worse, rabies.

 

"Excuse- excuse me, sorry, excuse me." Sunmi exited into the clearing and saw tje four familiar faces.

 

"What happened?" Sunmi asked and knelt beside Joy.

 

"The woman fainted and went into seizure. The chase we are not sure. Where are the paramedics?" Joy asked.

 

"On their way." Irene reported.

 

Joy enlisted Sunmi's help to watch the patient while she made calls to the hospital for arrangements. The ambulance soon came and loaded the patient in with Joy and Yeri accompanying.

 

"Wash your clothes. We don't know if there's an infectious disease. If there is, you know protocol, you'll have to come do a check up." Joy reminded.

 

Throughout the whole ride, joy was focused on the patient and her vitals. Joy was checking the patient's pulse when she noticed Yeri watching her.

 

"What's the matter?" Joy asked.

 

"N-nothing." Yeri answered and made calls. Honestly, Yeri though Joy looked cool whenever she enters serious work mode.

 

.

 

The day ended just like that. In the end Wendy, Irene and Sunmi went back to the hospital to meet Joy and Yeri. While on the drive, Sunmi kept glancing at Irene through the rear view mirror. Wendy noticed but kept quiet. Sunmi was contemplating whether to tell Irene about Seulgi, because some things would be better if told by the original person herself.

 

It was confirmed that the woman suffered from epilepsy. She had forgotten to take her medicine that day and went into seizure attacks while shopping. Regardless, Joy still urged all that came into contact with the woman to go for a check up.

 

Irene left for her turn, leaving Wendy and Sunmi outside waiting for theirs. Wendy took this chance to ask the older woman about her suspicions.

 

"We both know something is odd with Seulgi. You've been looking at Irene a lot. You seem to know something about Seulgi that I don't." Wendy said.

 

"W-what makes you think that way?" Sunmi asked.

 

"Seulgi claims she's seeing patients today but when I checked this morning, she wasn't around. Nothing was scheduled. So tell me what you know." Wendy narrowed her eyes.

 

Sunmi gave in and heaved a sigh.

 

"I will, but without Irene's presence. Come to my office later." Sunmi said before taking her turn to see the doctor.

 

.

 

Irene went home first. The house was empty like always but this time, it felt a little too empty. She plopped down on the couch and pulled out her phone. She wanted to tell Seulgi everything that had happened today but then realised that they were still fighting.

 

Right... Seulgi's words. They hurt Irene.

 

Irene's phone bleeped. It was Seulgi.

 

'I heard from Wendy. Why didn't you tell me? Are you okay?' The text read.

 

'I'm fine.' Irene replied.

 

'Good... Please don't sleep yet. I'll see you at home.' Seulgi texted and went offline.

 

Since Seulgi was going to come back early, Irene thought she would make them a meal. After all, Valentine's Day wasn't over yet. Irene started at 6 pm and the meal prep took her about 2 hours. She set down the piping hot plates of Seulgi's favorite food and waited. The latter had told her that she would be back at any time soon.

 

'Irene!'

 

'Sorry! I don't think I can be home early after all... I'm so sorry babe.'

 

After various angry cursing and finger pounding, Irene found herself eating dinner with Wendy. Wendy already ate but she made herself eat more because of angry Irene.

 

"She said she was coming home but then she told me that she had more work to do." I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter