Chapter 10

Doctor Doctor - 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene got called to the director's office where she got reprimanded and suspended from work until the investigation was done. If found guilty, the verdict would be expulsion. That meant all that Irene had worked for would be gone. Worse comes to worst, she might get sued.

 

News of Irene's embarrassing failure spread among the staff of SNH. Irene found herself being stared at and talked about whenever she were to walk down the lobby and corridors. She can't wait for her final day in SNH to end because right now, she'd rather be suspended than stay and get judged.

 

"What's wrong Irene?" Wendy asked when she saw her friend walking with her head lowered.

 

"C-can we just eat in my office for today?" Irene asked.

 

Wendy took the hint and looked around. She could feel how uncomfortable Irene was with those eyes on her. She agreed.

 

"So... they are investigating?" Wendy asked.

 

"Yea... but you trust me right? Seungwan?" Irene asked.

 

"Of course. A hundred percent! Including Joy, Yeri and the rest of the gang. We know you're not one to make mistakes like this." Wendy said confidently.

 

"But the past-"

 

"That was your first operation alone. But that doesn't mean you made a mistake. People learn from them. The current director doesn't trust you because he's new. He doesn't no a crap about what each of us are capable of!" Wendy grumbled.

 

"Thanks Seungwan..." Irene managed to force a smile.

 

Wendy knew that that wasn't all that was on Irene's mind. If weren't wrong, the latter was worried about Seulgi as well.

 

"Your Girlfriend is fine." Wendy answered just as Irene was about to ask.

 

"Yes, she cried and it was a handful to manage but she respects what you want." Wendy added.

 

Irene nodded.

 

.

 

[SNH Patient Ward]

 

Yeri fluttered her lids open to see a white ceiling. It took her some time to get her bearings and realised that she was in the hospital. The last thing she could remember was a sharp pain in her head before passing out.

 

"You're awake. How are you feeing?" Seulgi asked.

 

"Seulgi unnie? What happened?" Yeri groaned as she attempted to sit up.

 

"No, stay down. Even though I didn't find anything wrong with your head. I wouldn't want to risk it." Seulgi said.

 

Yeri listened to her doctor.

 

Seulgi announced her leave and Joy entered shortly after. She took the clipboard and read about Yeri's condition. She heaved a sigh of relief.

 

"You okay?" Yeri asked referring to the bandages Joy was trying to hide with her turtleneck.

 

"Don't worry, clearly I am not the bedridden one." Joy chuckled.

 

Yeri rolled her eyes. "Do you have nothing better to do? If

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter