Chapter 1

Doctor Doctor - 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let us welcome our new hospital Director, professor Kim" The emcee announced and all the staff clapped. Once the thunderous applause died down, Prof Kim started to speak. His speech was the typical, introducing himself, his mission and vision as new director of the hospital and also his closing speech.

 

"Before I end my speech, I would like to introduce a new staff member to our family. And I proudly announce that it is none other than my son, Plastic Surgeon, doctor Kim Heechul."

 

The whole auditorium was clapping again except for two people. Joy and Wendy noted that Seulgi had a troubled look on her face.

 

.

 

"What's the matter? You looked uncomfortable when the director's Son appeared." Joy asked when they were at the reception.

 

That was the last thing that Seulgi was hoping for her friends to ask. It caught Irene's attention and now the worrywart was focused on her.

 

"Wasn't he your classmate? I remembered he was the oldest of them all. Was one of the people who bullied you?" Irene asked.

 

"Calm down unnie. He... wasn't." Seulgi hesitated.

 

"Don't lie to me." Her ex teacher and now girlfriend narrowed her eyes.

 

"I promise, he's not one of them." Seulgi reassured with a convincing tone.

 

"I was just shocked that he managed to become a doctor you know? He stayed back in Med school for a while..." Seulgi added.

 

"Oh right! I heard from a grape vine that he paid his way through." Joy whispered.

 

"By grapevine you mean Yeri?" Wendy guessed and she wasn't wrong.

 

"Sometimes I wonder why Yeri is a nurse and not some investigator." Irene joined into the conversation.

 

Seulgi heaved a sigh of relief. At least the conversation was not on her now. The topic then seemed to take a 180 turn.

 

"Say... Valentine's Day is coming." Joy said.

 

"Oh great..." Wendy groaned. Love and romance were never her favorite topics because she had never dated since high school. Anything after that just ended in failure so Wendy buried her dark past and focused on school and working.

 

"Unfortunately, I'm on a mission to get a date with nurse Kim." Joy said.

 

"Seulgi and I are going on a date~" Irene hummed.

 

"Looks like you'll be alone next week, wannie." Seulgi chuckled and pat her shoulder.

 

"Wow... right have fun love birds. I need to attend to my babies." Wendy huffed and shrugged Seulgi's hand away.

 

Irene checked her wristwatch and frowned. "I have to get going to an operation too." She announced and kissed Seulgi goodbye before jogging off.

 

"I'm going to look for my favorite nurse." Joy sang and skipped away.

 

Seulgi, who had nothing to do was now left alone. "Well, I guess I'll just go for my rounds."

 

Halfway though, Seulgi got a call from an unknown number. However, when she picked up, it was a voice she recognized.

 

"Come to my office." Heechul said.

 

"Why?" Seulgi asked.

 

"Just come. You didn't want anything to happen to dear teacher Bae do we?" He hummed.

 

"Don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter