Chapter 21

The Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thanks for the comments and up-votes! Enjoy the new chapter :)

 

It took nearly two weeks for the four to settle in and find jobs in Gokseong.

 

For all his complaining, Kai was the first among the four to find a job. He came across a job ad in the newspaper for an assistant and receptionist at the local vet clinic and applied promptly. He used the basic knowledge he still retained from his med-school days during the interview, and the veterinarian happily handed him the job.

 

While Krystal really wanted to open her own salon, due to financial issues, she was forced to simply work for a pre-existing salon. Her boss was a fierce sassy lady who liked to go by the name CL.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand, settled for a routine job as a cashier at a local mart. His boss and the owner of the store was a kindly old woman who constantly doted on Baekhyun.

 

Surprisingly, Hayan ended up working at the day care center. At first, the other three had a tough time corroborating the cold, mafia member with someone who cared for and played with kids. But after visiting her at her workplace one afternoon, they were convinced that she would make a great mom.

 

 

 

On a beautiful morning two weeks after arriving in Gokseong, Kai and Baekhyun spooned cereal into their mouths tiredly. The girls hadn’t been seen all morning and Baekhyun started to wonder what they were up to.

 

Almost as if they had read his mind, Krystal appeared at the doorway, clearing for effect.

 

The two men turned to her and then looked at the girl standing beside her.

 

Baekhyun gawked at Hayan.

 

Behind him, he could hear Kai let out an appreciative whistle.

 

Krystal was standing beside Hayan, a proud grin lighting up her face. This was clearly her doing.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t peel his eyes off of Hayan’s new hair. Her chic silver-blue was gone and it was now a rich golden brown. The darkness of her hair accentuated her flawless fair skin.

 

She looked more mature, more seductive and almost deadly. A true femme fatale.

 

Baekhyun mentally cursed himself as he realized he was still attracted to this woman.

 

Hayan looked like she was expecting him to say something, but Baekhyun swallowed against the lump in his throat.

 

“Damn Hayan,” Kai filled in the silence. “You look like you should be in a Bond film.”

 

Hayan smirked. “Well I defi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter