Chapter 04

The Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you to everyone who subscribed and MissMong24 and alexajjang for commenting!

 

The darkness of the night started to fade as the clock read 05:24 AM. The Mercedes was starting to feel crammed.

 

After the boy had gone into hysterics, he’d invited himself to join Baekhyun and the two girls in the car.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t sure how he had agreed to it. But there the blonde was, seated in the backseat beside Krystal.

 

Unlike the two girls who were quiet and pensive, the blonde had a tendency to ramble.

 

Ever since he had joined the car, there hadn’t been a silent moment. Baekhyun was almost starting to miss the uncomfortable silence the three used to travel in.

 

“I’m Kai by the way,” the blonde paused mid-ramble about dolphins — don’t ask how the topic came to that — to introduce himself.

 

“I’m Krystal,” the brunette replied, tentatively.

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

“Hayan.”

 

Kai rose a brow at the curt replies by the two in the front seat, before shrugging. “So where are we off to?” he grinned.

 

Baekhyun glared at him through the rearview mirror. “We are not going anywhere,” he hissed. “I’m going to drop you all off at the nearest convenience store and then you can get someone to pick you up or cab back home or something.”

 

Kai frowned. “I don’t have anyone to call,” he stated carelessly.

 

“Then call a cab —”

 

“And I don’t want to go back,” Kai cut Baekhyun off. “Let’s go on a road trip. It’ll be an adventure.”

 

Baekhyun thought if Kai’s half-baked plan didn’t already sound like a bad idea, the maniacal glint in his eyes definitely spelled disaster.

 

“Shut up! We’re not doing anything of that sort,” Baekhyun finally snapped.

 

It was silent in the car for a minute. It didn’t last long.

 

“I-Is that a cigarette?” Krystal asked, looking at Kai.

 

Baekhyun identified the unique smell and realized it wasn’t almost immediately. He glanced in the rearview mirror and scowled when he realized he was right.

 

“Stop smoking weed in my car,” he barked.

 

Kai pulled the joint away from his mouth and blew smoke rings out into the air, teasing Baekhyun.

 

“That’s ?” Krystal balked at the blonde.

 

“Wanna try?” he grinned, holding it out to her.

 

Krystal shrunk back into her seat. “N-No, thanks.”

 

“Suit yourself,” the blonde shrugged, taking another long drag.

 

“You better put that out before I put you out,” Baekhyun threatened.

 

Kai scowled but snubbed the joint against the car window anyway.

 

“Kill joy,” he muttered.

 

Suddenly, the car beeped and Baekhyun furrowed his brows.

 

“What’s that sound?” Kai asked, previous displeasure about having to stop smoking forgotten.

 

Baekhyun squinted at the dashboard and then groaned when he noticed the red light.

 

“We’re almost out of gas,” Hayan informed the two in the back.

 

 

Baekhyun pulled out all the cash that was in the wallet he had stolen the previous night from the blonde girl in the club. He threw the wallet back into the car and then headed to the gas pump.

 

While he filled the car tank up, the girls disappeared into the little store at the gas station.

 

Kai watched lazily, fiddling with something in his pocket.

 

When he pulled out a joint and slipped it between his lips

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter