Chapter 19

The Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Big thanks to everyone that subscribed!! I can't believe we have over a 100 subscribers! <3

 

Two hours passed by slowly.

 

The four finished off the snacks within the first hour.

 

Kai bounced the green ball he had picked up at Suho and Chanyeol’s house against a wall, and caught it on the rebound. He had been going through the same motions for a good ten minutes now.

 

Krystal was sleeping with her head resting on Hayan’s shoulder.

 

Baekhyun suppressed a smile at the sight. The two played the part of the responsible older sister and innocent younger sister almost perfectly.

 

Baekhyun himself spent the next hour looking up details about Tao, Kris Wu and the Blue Dragons. The information he managed to find was the bare minimal. Tao was the most mysterious of all three entities. There was some information on the web about the Blue Dragons and how the police had been trying to bust the nefarious groups for years now, and several articles glorifying Kris Wu as a genius businessman who built up Wu Enterprises almost entirely by himself.

 

In contrast, Baekhyun came up with absolutely nothing about Tao. Not even social media accounts.

 

‘Maybe Tao isn’t even his real name,’ Baekhyun mused.

 

When the bus finally arrived, all four of them clambered up, relieved to escape the boring bus shelter.

 

Baekhyun had never even heard of Gokseong, the town they were headed to. Clearly it wasn’t a very popular destination as the bus was nearly half empty. The few passengers on board were elderly men and women who gave Kai and Krystal disapproving looks when they climbed aboard with their hands intertwined.

 

Kai helped Krystal put her bag up in the overhead compartment, put his own bag up beside hers and then slid into the seat next to her.

 

Baekhyun paused. He hadn’t thought about the seating until just then.

 

‘Kai and Krystal are sitting together,’ he observed, unnecessarily.

 

His eyes moved to the two seats across the aisle from them.

 

Hayan was already in the window seat, gazing out absentmindedly. Her duffle bag was down by her feet. Baekhyun suspected she didn’t want the cash to leave her sight.

 

He hid his frown as he stowed his bag and slumped into his seat. He pretended to not notice when Hayan tensed up slightly beside him.

 

“How long is this bus ride?” Kai asked the redhead.

 

Hayan beat him to the answer. “It’ll take six hours including the one hour pit stop.”

 

Kai whistled lowly. He glanced at his phone screen and counted down the hours.

 

“So we’ll reach around nine in the evening?”

 

Hayan nodded.

 

The blonde sighed and stretched until he was comfortably settled into his seat.

 

“Let me catch up on my sleep then,” he muttered.

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the blonde’s words. Because quite contrary to them, he saw Kai’s hand settle on Krystal’s thigh and trace small circles again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter