Chapter 24

The Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days passed by quickly. The temperature had dropped and it was difficult to leave the house without layering up.

 

Krystal welcomed the winter and seemed to be the most excited for Christmas which was only two weeks away.

 

They had reached the one month mark, and there hadn’t been any sightings of Blue Dragons in Gokseong. So, as planned, the four had decided to extend their stay in Gokseong for six more months.

 

Kai and Krystal were definitely the most excited among the four at the prospect of starting a new life in the quiet town.

 

Baekhyun had spent the past few weeks in turmoil. His hunt for more information about Kris, Tao, Yeri and Hayan’s relation to all three hadn’t been very fruitful.

 

His relationship with Hayan had become more strained and Krystal and Kai would have to be blind to not notice it.

 

Baekhyun suspected Hayan had told Krystal about how he had rejected her that night, because he had caught the brunette giving him confused, frustrated and sometimes even hostile glares every once in a while.

 

Baekhyun let them think his distant personality was because he had rejected Hayan and that the resulting awkwardness and guilt was consuming him.

 

Because telling them the truth would have been far worse.

 

The truth was Baekhyun didn’t trust Hayan anymore. Even though he desperately wanted to.

 

Every time his paranoia spiked, he would chant to himself: ‘Innocent until proven guilty.’

 

But that didn’t make it any easier.

 

 

 

It was a chilly Friday evening and Baekhyun was walking back home from his shift at the mart.

 

His breath fogged up in the air as he blew on his numb hands.

 

He had forgotten to grab his gloves when he had left the house that morning.

 

He shoved his hands in his coat pocket and hastened his steps, looking forward to the warmth of the house and the steaming cup of hot chocolate Krystal was sure to have ready for him.

 

He was only a ten minute walk away from the house when his phone rang.

 

Baekhyun paused and pulled his cellphone out.

 

He frowned at the hidden number for a second, and then with a start, realized just who the caller was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter