Chapter 17

The Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun didn’t realize he’d been gone from Sehun’s house for nearly two hours till he returned.

 

The four were gathered in the kitchen, having a hearty breakfast.

 

“Oh, Baekhyun,” Krystal spotted him first. “Did you have a good walk?”

 

Baekhyun bit his tongue to stop himself from blurting out the details of his walk. He didn’t want to alarm Sehun, who was giving him an inquisitive look.

 

“It was fine,” Baekhyun answered instead.

 

Sehun smiled. “Come join us for breakfast. We have toast, peanut better and jam, eggs and waffles.”

 

Baekhyun managed a smile and took a seat beside Kai, placing two slices of toast slathered with a tablespoon of peanut butter onto his plate.

 

He didn’t feel hungry, in fact, he was kind of nauseous. But he chewed on the toast slowly.

 

The conversation around the table flowed again. Krystal, Sehun and Kai talked about trivial things.

 

Baekhyun was glad to see Kai in a better mood. He figured Krystal must’ve talked things through with him the previous night.

 

Baekhyun looked away from the blonde, only to catch the hard stare of a silver-hared girl.

 

Hayan held his stare for a few seconds. Baekhyun wondered whether she knew about the Blue Dragons and his run in with them. But that was impossible.

 

He looked back at his toast, pointedly ignoring her look.

 

‘I’ll tell them after breakfast,’ Baekhyun determined.

 

 

 

Sehun had to leave for work almost immediately after breakfast. He handed them some spare clothes to change into, told them where the food was and after sharing his phone number with Hayan, Krystal and Baekhyun, left for the private hospital where he was doing his residency as a general surgeon.

 

Baekhyun was glad for Sehun’s absence as it was much easier for the four to have the conversation that he planned.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter