Chapter 15

The Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dinner was a suffocatingly uncomfortable event.

 

Baekhyun could barely stomach the fried rice, regardless of how delicious it was.

 

Beside him, Kai wolfed down the food hungrily.

 

The blonde and Sehun were the only two eating. Krystal had barely eaten a quarter of the food on her plate and Hayan just kept moving the food around using her spoon.

 

Whenever either of them looked up and made accidental eye contact with Kai, they would stiffen up and look away.

 

Baekhyun knew the blonde was starting to find it suspicious.

 

After dinner, Sehun directed them to two guest rooms, right across from each other.

 

Kai immediately disappeared into one of the rooms.

 

Krystal lingered by the door, her eyes darting unsurely between Baekhyun and the closed door.

 

Baekhyun sighed. He figured Krystal and Kai both needed to have this conversation in private.

 

“I’m not sleepy yet,” he announced, even though he felt like he could collapse right at that instant. “I’ll just stay in the living room for a bit.”

 

Krystal gave him a small smile, realizing his true intentions.

 

After a deep breath, she opened the door and entered.

 

Hayan lingered by the doorway to her room, seeming to consider something.

 

“It’s too late to stay up,” she muttered, leaving the door open as she entered the room. “Krystal isn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter