Chapter 03

The Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy halloween everyone! Thanks to rachelpcy, absoluteSMlover94, Madusha96322, KeemStrVerified and E_B_18 for subscribing. 

 

I hope you guys like this chapter, and please comment as it'll help me know whether you're enjoyig the story so far :)

 

 

Baekhyun fiddled with the heater in the car.

 

It was his third time adjusting the temperature. But he couldn’t seem to keep his hands still.

 

He darted a glance to the girl in the passenger seat.

 

She was gazing out of the window, silent.

 

It had been like this the entire half hour they had been in the car. Baekhyun couldn’t stand the silence anymore.

 

“We should head back,” he cleared his throat.

 

Hayan seemed startled out of her thoughts.

 

“O-Oh, yes. Um, thank you for taking me out,” she tucked a strand of her silver hair behind her ear.

 

Baekhyun was struck again by how beautiful she was.

 

“I never got your name,” she continued, looking at him with earnest brown eyes.

 

“I’m Baekhyun,” he found himself saying before even thinking of the implications.

 

‘! Why did I tell her my real name?’

 

Lost in thought, Baekhyun almost missed the figure that appears in front of his car.

 

“,” he cursed out loud, slamming his foot on the brakes.

 

A startled yelp escaped Hayan’s lips as both their bodies lurched forward.

 

Baekhyun slowly looked up, his heart racing.

 

Standing in the blinding beam of the headlights was a girl with dark hair. She remained frozen and Baekhyun began to worry that she had gone into shock.

 

Beside him, Hayan quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and scrambled out of the car. Baekhyun followed her.

 

“H-Hey, are you okay?” Hayan asked the girl, gripping her by the shoulder.

 

The girl jumped. “Y-Yeah, I’m fine,” she muttered.

 

“Then are you blind? Why would you come in front of a speeding vehicle?” Baekhyun scowled.

 

He watched Hayan tenderly brush the girl’s hair back and then freeze. He furrowed his eyebrows curiously.

 

A beat of silence passed. Hayan and the girl shared a look.

 

And then Hayan was ushering the girl into the backseat of the car.

 

Baekhyun gawped. “W-What’re you doing?”

 

Hayan ignored him and made sure the girl was settled in the backseat.

 

“Let’s go,” she said, getting back into the passenger seat.

 

“Go? Go where?!” Baekhyun felt his confusion and temper rise as both girls remained secretive.

 

“Anywhere, but for now, just drive,” Hayan demanded.

 

Baekhyun scowled heavily, dissatisfied with her answer but complied nonetheless.

 

He started the engine and glances at the brown haired girl in the rear view mirror.

 

She was seated silently, her eyes distant. Her hair was still pushed back from when Hayan had it and Baekhyun finally noticed what Hayan had.

 

Blood. Fresh crimson blood stained the girl’s neck and dress.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes darted back to the road. His throat felt dry.

 

‘What did I get myself into?’ he lamented.

 

 

Baekhyun glanced at the car dashboard.

 

It was way past the promised hour since he and Hayan had started this drive.

 

And now they had somehow picked up another person. A person covered in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter