Chapter 02

The Runaways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Club Exotic was definitely the most happening place that night.

 

The lines to enter the establishment went at least two blocks.

 

Everyone in line was dressed fancily: pressed suits and deep cut dresses.

 

Some girls eyed Baekhyun who was wearing a light grey blazer and slacks, a faded T-shirt underneath. It wasn’t nearly as formal as most of the men in line, but Baekhyun managed to pull it off.

 

For once, Baekhyun wasn’t paying attention to all the girls. His eyes were instead focused on the bouncer.

 

He watched curiously as the bouncer checked a sleek black invitation before nodding and letting the man through.

 

Baekhyun frowned. He obviously didn’t have an invite.

 

‘Well, we’ll just have to fix that,’ Baekhyun thought to himself as his eyes zeroed in on a group of four men.

 

“Hey man, you have a lighter?” Baekhyun obnoxiously barged into their conversation.

 

The four men jumped and eyed him warily.

 

“Uh, yeah,” one of them replied, reaching into his pant pocket for the lighter.

 

Baekhyun mumbled a ‘thanks’ distractedly, his sharp eyes darting to each of the men.

 

When the man held out the lighter, Baekhyun smiled sheepishly. “Can I get a cigarette too?”

 

Another man rolled his eyes, exasperated.

 

Baekhyun grinned when the first finally gave him a cigarette. Baekhyun lit it and took a long drag.

 

“Hey, thanks a lot,” he patted the man’s back, friendlily.

 

Baekhyun walked away and when he was sure the men weren’t paying attention to him, threw the cigarette onto the ground and put it out.

 

He pulled the small black envelope out of his blazer pocket with a smirk.

 

“Hey ladies,” he grined at the group of girls who’d been eyeing him in the beginning. They were nearly at the front of the line now. “Mind if I join you?”

 

The girls giggled, letting Baekhyun cut in line.

 

When their small group made it to the bouncers, Baekhyun coolly produced the stolen invite. The bouncer scanned it then nodded, letting Baekhyun through.

 

Baekhyun flirted a little with the girls before bidding them goodbye.

 

Before he could head into the club though, he heard a frustrated voice.

 

“I swear I had it in my pocket!”

 

It was the man Baekhyun had borrowed a lighter from. Baekhyun watched with a mischievous smirk as the bouncers denied the man entry.

 

 

The inside of Club Exotic matched the extravagance of the smartly dressed people waiting in line outside.

 

Baekhyun ducked past a waiter and headed to the corner to observe the club better.

 

There was a bar on one side of the club with handsomely dressed bartenders serving the multitude of people colorful cocktails and shots.

 

In the centre of the large hall was a dance floor saturated with people dancing and jumping around to the loud EDM music blaring through the speakers.

 

In the opposite corner of the club, it was relatively calm. There were roughly half a dozen different booths with plush seating and tables topped with bottles of wine and champagne. There was even a raised platform that served as a stage, which was currently occupied by two men.

 

Baekhyun eyed them cautiously. They were both buff with dark eyes and exuded powerful auras.

 

After observing the crowd for a couple more minutes, Baekhyun turned to the crowded bar. He pushed his way to the front and ordered a shot of whiskey.

 

Reaching into his blazer pocket he handed the last few crumbled up bills to the bartender with a frown. He had spent all his money on his new outfit.

 

“Let’s see,” Baekhyun mumbled to himself, eying all the party people. “Which one of you shall be my generous patron today?”

 

Baekhyun was distracted by the crackling of a microphone.

 

He, along with all the others in the club, looked up at the stage as the EDM music abruptly cut off.

 

One of the buff men from earlier was standing on the stage with a mic in hand, the other was no where to be seen.

 

“I want to thank everyone for coming to the party tonight,” the man announced into the mic. His voice was deep and husky.

 

Baekhyun heard the couple next to him whisper, “Is that him? Kris Wu?”

 

“I would like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter