A special cause

Under the sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar had become friend with a prestigious photographer some years before and this woman was also the editor of an important lgbt magazine that was published in Europe and some Asiatic countries. South Korea was not one of them. 

Jennifer Potman had received dozens of awards thanks to her campains and pictures representing diversity.

The two women finally succeded in scheduling a day to hang out after so long and Solar took the British to one of her favorite restaurants.

___ So...What's the secret? The blonde woman full of tatoos dressed in jeans and t-shirt asked. 

___ What are you talking about, Jen?___ The singer was puzzled.

___ The secret for becoming more beautiful every year! And you know I am not flirting because you are more the femme type and this is not my style of women.___ The photographer laughed. 

___ Silly! ___ Solar slapped her arm.

The british ate a little and then commented:

___ I saw on the news that Mamamoo is coming back.

___ Well, it's not exactly a comeback. We decided to do something as a gif for the fans. It would be one song and we ended up recording 5 .  So there will be an album and maybe one concert. But not like in the past.___ Solar explained. 

___ Still, a big win for fans!

___ I guess...___ Solar smiled.

The woman held the singer's hand and asked with concern in her voice:

___ Sweetie, are you okay? You seem ....sad...

Solar exhaled and responded honestly: 

___ I am sad. But I really dont want to talk about it. I hope you dont get ofended....

___ Of course not, honey! I understand.

___ So...what you wanted to talk about? 

The woman drank some juice and laughed:

___ Now that I know you are not okay, I feel embarrassed... I dont know if its the best moment to ask you a favor.

___ What??? Dont be silly! We are friends! How can I help you, Jen? Spit it out!___ The singer slapped the woman's arm jokingly.

___ You know my magazine...

___ Yes.

___ I mean... What the main target, the issues..

___ Of course! LGBT community . Would you stop beating around the bush? __ Solar frowned her forehead.

Jennifer laughed:

___ I forgot how blunt you are! Okay... I know how things are hard for the lgbt in Korea and its a fact many of your fans are lesbians. I was wondering how would you feel about making a photoshoot for my magazine. It's not to be published here in your country. So you wouldnt suffer backlash from sponsors. But your fans would be reached because of internet. However, dont feel pressured to say yes just for me.

The singer moved her plate and sipped her water. She kept looking at a table nearby, where two girls in their early twenties were exchanging looks and smiles. They reminded her of her past.

___ What exactly will I have to do?___ She finally questioned.

___ You dont have to do anything. Actually, you can decide the whole thing. But its necessary that you pass the message of how normal it is two people who love each other  stay together. Same couples are just like any other couple.

___ Hmmm... And who will be my partner in the pictures?

The woman smirked before replying:

___ I was hoping you could convince one of the girls to take part in the shooting, since Mamamoo are still iconic for the.gays.... Even better if it was the korean lesbian Jesus! Ms Moonbyul is my dream!

Solar changed her facial expression in a second. A mix of annoyance and jealousy were visible. She coughed before speaking: 

___ I dont know....Byul is a very private person and I dont want that she gets hurt in any way...

____ No, honey... Dont worry! Its not a coming out magazine. The photos and the article are just to support the people who struggle with the issue. You two would be acting. It's like those celebrities who take pictures dressed as groom and bride and everybody knows its not real. 

___ I see....

___ But I understand if you dont want. It must be uncomfortable for you as hetero and a married woman. ___ Jennifer held Solar's hand to assure her she was fine with a no.

Solar laughed bitterly:

___ You are so far from the problem! But the main thing is.... Byul. I need to ask her about it before giving you a final answer.

___ Alright! I'll be in Korea until Friday. If she says yes, I can stay a little more and take the pictures here to make it easy for you girls.__ The woman sounded excited.

___ Why all so smily? Are you planning on hiting on Byul?__ Solar looked scary.

___ Nooo! I am a fan, but I have a girlfriend.___ Jennifer smiled and got intrigued with her friend's reaction.

___ x ___

The local chosen to be used to the photoshoot was a loft with huge windows on the 20th floor of a very sophisticated building. 

Although Jennifer was the photographer, as editor of the magazine, she had a big staff( hair dresser, make up artist, stylist, photographer assistant, a camera man, etc).

When Moonbyul and Solar arrived, the team got really excited. Most of the people present were lesbians and not a single one could keep calm when they saw the supreme girl crush and the vocal queen.

___ Tell me again, why am I here? ___ The rapper mumbled on Solar's ear , feeling uneasy for being the center of attention.

Solar replied showing her right hand:

___ First, to support you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter