The price

Under the sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul was sitting on a comfortable chair near the window of her living room, observing the snow fall. 

She had been there in completely silence for over two hours and her phone kept buzzing, full of lost calls and unread messages.

The famous rapper knew the result of the trial had been announced and she felt that she should be happy. Nonetheless, her system was empty of emotions related to that.

Someone rang the bell and a person hired to be her nurse answered the door.

Wheein thanked the employee and ran to her friend to a very enthusiastic back hug, that received no reaction.

____ Unnie, have you heard?____ Wheein asked with a huge smile.

____ Yes.____ The rapper's voice was colder than ice. 

____ We gotta celebrate! Hyejin is already coming. Why don't you call Yongsun unnie?

____ She must be busy. And I am not allowed to consume alcohol.____ The older woman kept staring at the window.

____ Come on, unnie! This day is going to become history.____ The singer was so cheerful that the brown-haired woman felt like choking her.

The bell rang again and Wheein ran to open it, welcoming her best friend as if they had received an award.

Hwasa got closer Moonbyul, kissing her head and receiving a grunt as answer.

____ Come on, lazy hamster! Let's party!____ The brunette exclaimed.

____ You two can go. Have fun.

____ Unnie, you gotta celebrate! It's your victory too.___ Hwasa argued.

____ And what exactly did I win, Hyejinie? Lemme see....Ah, you're probably talking about the brain surgeries that affected my memory and now I can't rap properly. Nope? Or maybe about the korean media that justs talks about how lesbian I am. Hmmmm...Or could it be that I cant move my legs, so no dancing or basically anything? ____ Moonbyul spoke in a calm but sarcastic tone of voice.

Hwasa started crying and replied while sobbing:

____ Unnie, I am sorry things right now ! But I know you will get better. By speaking about all that in court,  you put that monster in jail. He will pay for all!

____ Come on, unnie! You didnt have to make Hyejin cry!____ Wheein protested.

____ Oh, was I insensitive and cruel by commenting what happened to my body? Poor Hyejin! Shame on me. You're right, Wheein! Sorry to cause this commotion over nothing!___ Moonbyul faced the short girl with a hard look.

____ Unnie...I know you have the right to....

Moonbyul interrupted :

____ You know what? I don't wanna listen what you all think I should do or feel. As I can't simply stand up and avoid a conversation that bothers me, please just leave! Go have fun and live your life well. Go share your happiness and positive thoughts and leave me alone!

Hwasa and Wheein shared a hurt yet concerned look but did what the older woman asked.

____ x ____

____ When are you going to let Yongsun bring your child to you?____ Moonbyul's mother asked while walking around the bedroom.

____ I don't know. I dont want that Tae see me in this state.____ A weak voice came from under the blankets.

_____ It's been 2 weeks you left the hospital, Byul-yi. You have spent over 6 months in a coma . Your boy needs his mother! ___ The old lady opened the curtains .

____ He has a good mother taking care of him. Better than me now,  for sure. 

____ No, young lady! If you think I'm gonna stand here and let my first born kill herself slowly and make every person she loves and that loves her go away, you are very wrong!

____ I'm already dead and you should accept it. Why did you allow the doctors do this t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter