Vijf

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

"I can't believe i miss the show."

Jungkook knows exactly what his hyung means when he finally back from his meeting with clients. It's 6 PM and looks like people still talking about it.

"What show?"

"Your show."

"It was nothing." Jimin is placing his bag on the couch and give Jungkook a smile. He still looks like Jeon Jungkook that he met 10 years ago.

"Noone forbid you to be happy."

"Me dating celebrity is not necessarily making me happy, unless i could have all her assets.."

He is joking , but Jimin is taking him seriously.

"Don't you think, it's time to stop, now? You gain everything you wanted already."

Jungkook is not responding anything and Jimin knows he’s just avoiding this conversation.

"Your sister will be so proud of you."

"She's dead, hyung. How could you know what a dead person is thinking?"

Jungkook is out from his room, because he doesn't like this kind of conversation.

 

***



"Are you coming home, sir?"

"Get Mr. Lee to drive me home."

Lea is in panic mode when Jungkook suddenly ask to come home at 6PM, he usually done with his work at 8 PM. It’s a problem, because Mr. Lee is taking a break to come home because his wife is sick, she doesn't ask Jungkook permission because she's afraid he won't let him go.

"Mr. Lee.."

"Nevermind, you drive me."

Jungkook is in a bad mood, he's walking really fast and Lea needs an extra effort to catch with him.

"Where are you going, sir?"

Lea is asking Jungkook very carefully, because she knows things won't turn out good if she made a mistake on his condition like this.

"Just drive. You can go wherever you want. I'm going to sleep."

That's totally an odd request but before she can ask for more instructions, Jungkook is already closing his eyes.

Lea's driving while sometimes take a glance to Jungkook at the back seat. He looks dead tired and stressed for the past few months. And tonight too, he doesn’t looks good.

"Do you have a sibling, Lea?" And suddenly he talks.

"Yes, i have two sisters."

"How old are they?"

"18 and 12, sir."

Jungkook nod his head still with his eyes closed. This is the first time for him to actually ask her about personal information like family.

They stopped talking after that, Lea is driving around the neighborhood with no destination, and looks like Jungkook is also deep in his sleep, so she decide to stop in an empty park near their office.


Lea is still busy playing with her phone until Jungkook's voice start to distract her. He's groaning and he begin to shakes on his sleep. Things doesn't looks good, so Lea is opening the car door for him and shake his shoulder lightly.

"Mr. Jeon, wake up." She's trying to wake him up with more efforts and it finally worked.

Jungkook is opening his eyes slowly with a little scream before it. This is severe..he looks sick. And she’s right. Right after he’s opening his eyes, he hold his stomach and vomiting. There’s nothing came out, looks like he’s been skipping meal too. Lea helps him while patting his back, this is not good. His eyes is teary, his face is pale, he looks miserable.

"Are..you..ok, sir?" She’s handing him a bottle of water and pat his shoulder lightly.

Jungkook is not answering but leaning his head while covering his face. She let him close his eyes for a few minutes.

"When i asked you to learn about Kim Yeri, do you get her address?"

And that’s the first thing he said when he‘s back to her. This is just another thing to makes her brain more confused. Why would he ask for Yeri instead of his doctor if he’s sick.

"Yes, i know where she lives."

"Take me there."

"Right now, sir?"

"Yes, come on quick."

She's back to the driver seat and put a location to the gps from her phone. She wanted to lie to him at first about knowing Yeri’s address but Jungkook totally looks like a mess, he's having trouble on breathing and his hand is shaking. She find him staring at his shaking hand for a few times. And maybe he does need a girlfriend instead of a doctor.

"We arrived , Sir. She lives in 15th floor. Loft no. 98."

Lea is writing down the information on a small paper for Jungkook, he’s already out from the car before she can give it to him.

 

***



Yeri is in a complete mess. She can't even move from her bed because everything is just so crazy.

"He got me. He killed me. I am dead." She's holding his chest and she can feel it still beating, really fast.

Yeri is already lost count to how many times Jungkook appeared on her nightmare for the past few months. It's not happened every night but when it's happened the scenario only repeated it self. She's being chased in an empty road, dark, alone, lost, while Jungkook is behind her, trying to get her and hurt her with various weapon on his hand. She could escape most of time before she eventually wakes up. Sometimes he gets her, but when she beg him for her life he'll let her go and she'll wakes up after that.

But tonight..she failed to escape and she failed to beg for her life. He got her.

Yeri is still not doing anything but hugging her knees and trying to calm herself down. It's impossible for her to go back to sleep, so she just stay at her position while sometimes wipe her tears. It's been 20 minutes after she wakes up when she finally heard a knock on her door. The only people who knock instead of ringing the bell is Irene, she needs her, she needs someone to be with her right now. So she's out from her room immediately and run to the door, she opens it and she found someone else instead of Irene.

Jeon Jungkook is there, Yeri doesn't want to see him and she planned to close the door right away but she changed her mind when she found him breakdown and now sitting on the floor, covering his face, crying, his hand is shaking. His situation is not so different with her. He's sweating , his face is completely pale.

And in just a few seconds he let out a heavy groan while still covering his face. Yeri is looking around, afraid if people will see him and heard him. She's still public figure and this type of attentions is a problem.

"I thought you're.."

Jungkook finally stopped, he lift his face to Yeri but he can't even finished his sentence because his voice is shaking a lot and he still has tears on his eyes.

He killed Yeri with his own hand in his dream. With a short dagger, he stab her right on her chest until she's no longer screaming for help, until she's no longer moving. Yeri is still not saying anything to him, he know that she is also having the worst night ever. She's been crying.

"Your dress..it was not white anymore..your.."

And seeing Jungkook like this, makes Yeri realized being a killer without your own will is probably as bad as being killed and hunted. It’s not only a nightmare for her but also for him.

Meanwhile for Jungkook, he is just glad that Yeri is still here, alive, with no scars. He can still feel how she finally stop moving on his embrace, he can still remember how cold she is, and how her white dress turns into red with her own blood and he is doing nothing but watching her dying.

He only ever wish for one person to die in his whole life, it's not Yeri and it never to an extent when he actually want to kill that person with his own hand.

"It's not real, you tell me."

Yeri is now sit with him on the floor, she wipe her tears and give him a smile. She's asking for his hands, and honestly the only thing Jungkook felt is nothing but relieves that Kim Yeri is alive. He reach for her hand and she helps him stand up, both of their hands are cold and shaking, they can feel it.

"Are you ok?" It might be weird to ask that question to Yeri when the answer is clearly a no.

"At least, i'm not dead."

She’s letting go of his hand and talking while looking at the floor, this is really tiring. This whole thing. She can heard someone is out from the elevator and her eyes are locking to Yeri and Jungkook when she passed by them. This is not good.

"Do you want to come in? I'll get you a drink."

Yeri knows this is not the best decision she made, but it is better than to let everyone know that one mysterious man is being hysteric in front of her apartment at late night. And looks like Jungkook is also aware her reason for offering him hospitality, so he follows her inside.

Yeri told him to take a sit in a small chair on her living room, and she take a sit in front of him. Both of them are quiet, they don’t know what to say to each other. It takes them long enough to stay like this before Yeri start talking to him.

"How did you get here?"

Jungkook can sense that Yeri is trying so hard to be calm and not scared for allowing him inside her house.

"Lea. I got your address from her."

He can see her taking one can of coke from her fridge and give it to Jungkook.

"Did you ask her to stalk me?"

Yeri is already know about this. Lea is always asking personal questions when they worked together.

 

"No, i told her to learn about you and turns out she got your address."
 

"Why?"
 

"I want to know who you are and why are you appeared in my dream. Curiosity."
 

Yeri can totally understand about his reaction. This is not making any sense at all.
 

"You can't be random" But she's sure something is behind all of this, whatever it is.

Jungkook is smiling because of what she said before drink his coke in one gulp. He looks better and calmer now.

"Do you want me to believe in destiny? I killed you in my dream is a fate?"

He is mocking her with that words and Yeri find it offending. That is not what she means.

"Listen, My world is only black and white. Yes or no, it's only consist real things. I couldn't accept something abstract like fate as an explanation for this."

"Me neither" And Yeri is agree with him.

“Tonight is the worst.” Jungkook is so genuine when he said that.

 

“Do you feel something when you wake up? Like how I get scared.”


Yeri is talking to him without looking at his eyes, she’s focusing her eyes to a huge window at her living room. The night view is beautiful from here.

“Regret. That’s the only thing I have.”

What he said is enough to makes Yeri back staring at him, both of them are having it hard.

"Is this some hocus-pocus?"

Yeri's mind is so much more fascinating than Jungkook, how could she thinks about magic at time like this. But for him, it's actually better to have conversation with her when she's no longer freak out because of his existent, when she can treat him as a normal human being instead of a monster.

"Who caused it? Harry potter?" He's talking while laughing and being sarcastic about it.

"Well..i can't find any better explanation."

"Are you sure we never met before?"

Yeri is taking a glance at him, and lift her shoulder to him, he's been asking this question for so many times to her and the answer is still No.

"I met lots of people in my whole life. How could i remember every one of them..and we practically working in the same industry, so i probably met you before, but i still don’t know you. You're a stranger to me, until you appeared in my dream."

She speaks in such a sad tone, like meeting Jungkook in her life is the most horrible thing she ever experienced in her whole life.

"You're not familiar to me too, i'm good at remembering people's face and recognized it but you...i never saw you before."

"Really? Did you never watch TV?"

"I don’t care about celebrities, they're mostly fake and the only thing they can do is kissing ."

She’s laughing at him because this is ridiculous.

"Oh..come on..your job is also requiring you to do some kissing for one expensive contract and project. As if you can go this far with your creativity only. bull"

Yeri is good at dissing someone and being on point with that. Everything she said is true.

"I don't mind doing that as long as i get what i want."

"Do you really like money that much? Trust me, it won't take you far."

Jungkook lost his smile and now looking at Yeri with a serious expression and a sad eyes.

"You told me that you and your parents are rich. You can not go far because you already in a position where anyone else can't reach you, you can not go further than that. But for others they need tons of money to catch up with people like you."

That words is really affecting Yeri in such a way she can not explain. It's slightly hurting her, what he said. So she only give him a smile before back to her kitchen and taking another can of coke for him.

 

***


"What is it?" And when she’s back, he's already walking around her home and stopped in her living room, something is attracting his attention.

"Ah..that was.."

Yeri’s been working on it since this afternoon. It's her yearbooks and a few notes she made.

"Are you looking for me?"

He already get his hand in one paper full with her doodled about possibility of Yeri knowing Jungkook at her school days. That is quite embarrassing so she take the paper from his hand fast and throw it to a trash can next to her.

"I'm not that naive to actually thinking Harry Potter is responsible for this, so i was trying to find you, just in case.."

Yeri is dillligent and looks like her will to get out from this misery is bigger than him so she came out with this idea.

"But i didn't go to this school."

Jungkook lift her elementary school yearbook, Yeri is still not finished searching for him in that.

"I was just looking for possibilities."

"I'll help you then."

Yeri can't say no when he already sit on her desk and begin his work, it's definitely better for them to work together, maybe they can find explanation faster this way.

 




Lea is opening her eyes slowly when the sun is already rise, she can feel the sunlight from Jungkook's car window. She can't believe what is happening right now. She's waiting for his boss all night, sleeping on his car while he's spending time with his celebrity girlfriend. She knows she's doing this not because of dedication or loyalty but because she's genuinely worried for him after seeing him in a horrid condition like last night.

It's 6 AM, 2 hours left before work start and she can not be late.  Jungkook never late. She choose to waiting outside while contemplating about calling him or not.

Jungkook doesn't like it if he came late to work, no matter how hard the situation is, he always try to do his best for coming to work on time. He’s doing that so none of his employees will talk about him and lost his respect on him, if he's scold them for being late.

"Maybe..i should go to get him."

The building is huge and definitely looks exclusive, not very different from Jungkook's penthouse. Maybe it's true that both of them are deserving each other just like what her co worker said. Not because both of them has bad personality, but because there will be no unrealistic cinderella story if they’re together.

"Is it a little bit too much?"

She's already in front of Yeri's apartment but she's becoming hesitate.

"I'm just doing this to let him know that we're going to late for work."

She made a fist with her hand and press the doorbell slowly. Hoping for Jungkook to not get mad with what she's doing.



***



Yeri is surprised with the sound of the bell, she open her eyes quickly. She's still holding an orange highlighter and her middle school yearbook is covering her face. Jungkook is nowhere to be found, only the sound of water is heard from the bathroom.

"He use my bathroom without my permission."

She was going to yell at him but the door bell ringing is stopping her. Yeri is walking slowly to the door and staring at the cctv monitor next to it. She even more confused when knowing Lea is there. She looks really worried, and she feels bad to her.

Lea doesn't know how to react when the door is finally opened. She found Yeri in her pretty nightgown wearing a cardigan as an outer. She looks pretty even in the morning.

"I'm sorry..can you please tell Mr. Jeon that he has a meeting at 8.30 today. It's important."

Yeri can't believe such dillligent and nice girl is exist. Why Lea is so loyal to her boss, she’s even willing to do something like this for him. She should've recruit her as her assistant, her life would be easier that way.

"He is..taking a shower right now. You can wait inside and tell him by yourself."

Yeri can see Lea's face is getting red so suddenly. Looks like the girl is still innocent, she must be having weird thoughts because of what she said.

"No...i..just.."

"Lea?"

Lea stopped talking when she can heard a familiar voice calling her name. It's Jungkook's.

"Look, he's done."

She give a smile to Yeri when Jungkook is also showed up from behind her back. He's still wearing his black shirt from yesterday, without his ties or jacket, his hair is wet which also a prove that Yeri is not lying about him taking a shower. His face looks fresh and handsome, he looks at her with his soft eyes instead the serious and intimidating gaze he used to gave her at work. Jungkook in the morning is a thousand time better than the usual Jungkook.

"Lea-ssi, can you give us a moment? Sorry, just for a minute."

Her daydreaming is ruined by Yeri who closed her apartment door immediately. Yeri feels bad for doing this to her, but she needs to settle something with Jungkook before he let him go.

"What are you doing right now?"

She give Jungkook a glare because honestly, she can not understand his act at all. How could she think that it's ok to do this in her home. He’s ruining her life.

"I have a meeting at 8AM.”

"8.30" Jungkook looks at her confused when she knows his schedule.

"Lea told me. Anyway..Can you guarantee that your secretary won't say anything and spreading things about you and me. Can she keeps a secret?"

"She's quite good. Why?"

"What do you mean why? I was scolded because of rumor about you and me dating, and my agency already worked so hard to toning it down. And now this.."

"I don’t really care about that."

"Oh..you should. I'm not the most loved celebrity out there, and believe me you'll have a downgrade on your reputation if people found out you're having a business with me."

Jungkook is laughing hearing what she said, and handling her a towel he used for drying his hair.

"People also dislikes me. Don't worry."

"Just...told her to shut up, ok?"

Jungkook is not answering her question but opening the door instead. Yeri's eyes meet with Lea again in front of the door, she still looks bright.

"Let's go."

Yeri can only watch when Jungkook is out from her apartment, while Lea following him close.

"See you."

The girl still have time to bow her head and give Yeri a smile, she respond it with a nod and wave her hands to Lea.

 

***



"I'll drive you home, you can start your work at 9 today." Jungkook take his car keys from Lea's grip when they finally reach the parking lot.

"No, it's ok."

"It's an order."

Lea is doing nothing but takes a sit beside him, while he's sitting behind the wheel. It's her first time to actually treated as a person instead of a secretary by Jungkook.

"Where did you sleep, last night?"

Maybe, her co worker was right, He is becoming more flexible and nicer after he gets to know Yeri.
This kind of question is unexpected coming from him.

"Here, in the car."

"Is it comfortable?"

Lea is not answering but take a glance at him. Sleep in his car is not her first time. She often works overtime for Jungkook because of his agenda, and he never cared about thing like this before, why now..

"Yes, it is. I slept really well."

"Good."

"Why are you asking, sir?" And she can't help but being curious.

"Nothing, i know someone who sleep in a bigger and better place than this car but ended up being uncomfortable."

"Are you talking about yourself?"

He looks surprised when Lea asking him another question, so he just give her a smile.

"Me and one of my friend. Yes."

She stopped talking to him because she feels like this kind of conversation between her and Jungkook is not supposed to happen. It's too personal and not good for her perception of him.