twee

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

 

"It's a panic attack."

Yeri finally able to open her heavy eyes and she find Irene is next to her talking to the doctor. She's in the hospital apparently.

"Why?"

"She probably stressed, she already asked me to prescribe her antidepressant and sleeping pills for the past few weeks.."

Irene looks surprised, and Yeri feels a little bit wronged for hiding this from her.

"I'm just a little bit tired, unnie. Don't worry."

She manage to said it and gets up slowly with Irene's help.

"You need to halt your activity for today, and come for check up 3 days later, understand?"

dr. Yoo is her private doctor since she was 13 years old, she know her condition, emotionally and physically more than anyone else, and she’s also her mother's acquaintance.

“ Don’t tell my parents about this.”

“Of course, I won’t.”

"What happened, Kim Yeri?" Irene is taking a seat next to her while caressing her hair, asking her the important question

“I don’t know”

 




"We're completely dead."

Jimin saw 20 of his employees in a messed up condition. Pale face, shaking hands, nervous eyes. Someone even talk about being dead, Jeon Jungkook, you ruthless human being.

"What did he say to you, Lea?"

He's also distracted by Lea who keeps walking back and forth in the centre of the meeting room.

"He said nothing, Sir. He literally said nothing. It doesn't looks like him at all."

She's right, Jimin is already imagined Jungkook lashing out and fired everyone on the spot after hearing what happened, and him being quiet like this is definitely unusual.

"I mean..it was an emergency thing, who knows she will collapsed like that, she was fine before."

One of them is talking to him, looking for an excuse.

"I can understand it, but Jungkook won't. He lost so much money because of this."

"We can ask Kim Yeri and her agency pay for it. It's a penalty stuffs, right?"

"Anyway..i'll talk to him."

Jimin finally out from the meeting room, and back to his office right away. He’s really confused when he saw Jungkook, he does nothing but placed his head down to the table like some kind of depressed kid.

"What is it?"

He came to him and pat his back a few times, he's really tense, looks like the fail project is affecting him really bad.

"Kim Yeri. I want to know everything about her, bring someone who deal with her contract to me." Jungkook talks really fast, he looks stressed and tired.

"She's sick, we can postpone the photoshoot until she gets better, we can make up the money we're losing later."

He doesn't listen, he gets up from his sit and dashing out from the room immediately.

"Jungkook-ah.."


Everyone is stopping their talks and their movement when Jungkook entering the meeting room.

"Who's the one who deal with Kim Yeri?"

Jungkook ask everyone with such intimidating eyes and voice. His eyes change focus to Mr. Kim when he gets up from his sit immediately, he is the one who's in charge regarding that.

"I want every information you have about her, every single thing. Bring that to me before you came home today." And he left just like that. No lashing out, No one is fired.


 

***


"We need to continue this project."

Yeri is back to her apartment after receive a short treatment at the hospital

"I can't."

"Why?"

There's something that makes her stopped to talk about this matter to Irene. It's just too absurd, too complicated, too weird, and not making any sense at all.

"I just can't. Can you tell people from the agency to leave me alone about this?"

"I know you're such a brat and trying to be an antagonist all the time, but not right now  Kim Yeri, there's so much money on stake on this project. You can not be selfish."

She turns her back from Irene and staring at the window next to her bed.

"We probably need to fired a few of our staffs if we ended up need to pay for your penalty."

Irene knows Yeri is weak for that, people suffers big time because of her, losing their job and stuffs, she might be annoying but she far from cruel.

"Alright then but i have one condition."

"What is it?"

"I don't want the boss of that company is present when i'm working, i don't want him in the same place with me. Can you do that?"

Irene is confused, Yeri never ask for stupid request like this. She'll ask for some snack or specific food, but never this one. The boss from earlier doesn't looks bad or anything. He looks young, handsome, rich, and ordinary, so it's weird for Yeri to doing this.

"I'll talk to them."

 

***


Jungkook is gets up from his sit quickly when he saw Mr. Kim is knocking his door.

"Where is it?" He ask him and told him to put a few pages of paper on his desk.

Mr. Kim left right after he received it. He waves to Lea in front desk right after he's out.


Lea is glad that Mr. Kim was spared from Jungkook  and right now she start to watch her boss through a thin glass door from her desk. He's busy looking at every pieces of paper Mr. Kim gave him earlier.

She’s curious about it,  he spent his times searching about Kim Yeri and everything about her when Lea bring his lunch to him earlier today. Something is bothering him for sure, if he looks happy, she can guess that he likes Yeri and falls in love with her at the first sight, but he's not like that. He's stressed, confused, and lost while doing it.

Lea gets up from he sit when Jungkook calls her through his intercom. She’s walking fast and entering his office.

"Yes, sir."

"Come in."

"Tell me about this person."

Jungkook showed Lea a picture of Yeri, looks like he got it from Mr. Kim earlier.

"She's quite popular as a celebrity.."

She said it because it's a little bit weird if Jungkook never heard of Yeri in his whole life. She's already debuted for few years.

"No. What do you think of her as a person?"

Seriously, this is probably the weirdest experience she ever had since she worked here. Jungkook is being weird, his question is also weird.

"I don't know her personally. I just met her earlier today, and my first impression of her is good."

"So she's not a bad person to you?"

"No, sir. not at all."

Jungkook stopped asking her questions and continue with looking at document about Yeri. He looks serious, really serious, even more serious than when he read a millions worth project proposal.

"You can go home. Thanks"

He thinks is no use to ask other people about Kim Yeri. He needs to judge her by himself, not as a celebrity but as someone who's appeared on his nightmare.
 

 

Jungkook is pull all nighter at the office, he only sleep for 30 minutes after spend hours learning about Yeri. He’s just back to reality when he heard a knock on his office, it was Lea coming in with a cup of coffee, as usual.

"Can you help me with my clean clothes? bring it to my room right now."

Jungkook has his own room in his office, on the top floor, it's more like a hotel for him, it has bathroom, a mini bar and stuffs. Jimin's idea, and it's honestly helping him a lot for the past few years he's working.

"Alright, sir. And also..this email was sent to Mr. Park regarding yesterday's incident."

Jungkook takes the document from Lea's hand and read it slowly. It was an email from the entertainment agency about Yeri. It's more like a formal apology letter about what happened and at the end of the email, they wrote one point as a request.

"What do you want me to do about it, sir?"

Lea looks confused and somehow surprised, looks like she's also taken aback just like Jungkook.

"I want every contact and communication Mr. Park have about this project pass through me first starting today"

Jungkook is aware his voice came out as weak and shaking. This is impossible. There's no way Yeri also aware about him and about what's going on right now, how could this happened? this is so stupid.

"Alright sir, I’ll inform Mr. Park."

"Gather everyone in 20 minutes for this project."

"I understand."

Jungkook ended up letting out a heavy sigh after Lea left his room.  He's rushing to the meeting room after takes a quick shower and one cup of coffee, He watch everyone from behind the door, none of them looks good. Everyone is stressed..

"She's his ex girlfriend or something, maybe?"

He can heard one of his employees talk to Mr. Park, the team leader.

"No, i don't think so, judging from how he's asking me about her, it's obvious he knows nothing about Kim Yeri before this."

And now Mr. Kim is the one who talk, he can see everyone is agreeing with what he said.

"She doesn't want him to be around her, i have no more guess about what's going on between those two”

Everyone looks extremely thrilled when Jungkook decide to enter the meeting room. They're rushing to their seat and pretend to be busy with what they’re doing.

"Mr. Park you can begin your presentation."

He can see everyone is relieved when he pretend to not heard what they said. He has no time to get angry, so much more important and intriguing things is waiting for him right now.

Mr. Park is good at explaining the project in detail and about how he finally get to choose Yeri as their model and how he manage to made a deal with her. His reasoning and his background story about this project is strong and he has an excellent analytical thinking. If he put aside his personal matters, Jungkook will choose this concept and also Yeri as a model for fulfilled his clients demand regarding the advertisement.

"And that's it, sir.."

Jungkook is looking around the room when Mr. Park finished, and everyone is holding their breath, they're waiting for his decision.

"Alright, give everything she wants. Continue with the project, start working on it again tomorrow. I'm expecting a great result from all of you."

No one answered him or responding to what he said, Looks like everyone is still in shock that Jungkook is giving them a second chance after they messed up a big time. He left the room right away because not only his employees, he’s also confused with what’s going on, he can't even heard Lea who's walking along with him while explaining his schedule for today. That Kim Yeri, what is she..


***



"They agreed."

Yeri is sitting in front of Irene's desk, nervous and curious. 2 of her managers is also here.

"You can start again tomorrow, right away."

She feels relieved and thankful to Irene who's helping her with this even though she knows how absurd is this thing.

"Thank you very much, unnie."

"You owe me an explanation."

Yeri gets up from her sit and give Irene a smile.

"I'm still looking for it."

She's out from the room, and 2 of her young managers is following her, Bona and Jay. they've been working with her for more than 3 years.

"Leave me alone for the rest of the day. You can play or rest. I don't want to do anything."

She takes a car keys from Jay's grip really fast and they can not do anything about it. They let her go.

Driving alone is never her favorite activity, she prefer to stay at the back seat, sleeping, or listening to music instead sitting behind the wheel. But right now she needs some time alone to proceed everything. The image of Jungkook from yesterday is still fresh and linger for such a long time in her brain. His posture, his eyes, his expression. She can not be wrong about this.

"What is he doing in real life?"

She can not understand anything, and even if she talks about it to someone else, she's sure no one will believe it, people will just called her crazy. Because what explanation could be given?

"Someone who was appeared on my nightmare for weeks, someone who was trying to kill me in my dream again and again is a real person. Why is he here? Is he going to hunt me even in real life too?"

She's talking to herself because even after listening to it out loud, it is totally weird. It doesn't makes any sense at all.

"I'm scared."

and she's ended up crying alone. Jungkook is torturing her almost every night in her dream, everything felt so real and she can remember everything he did when she wakes up. It’s completely crazy.


 

"Why are you doing this to me?"

Yeri has been running for such a long time in an endless and dark road. She's already screaming for help, but noone listen to her, she's staring at her feet, it's already bleeding and wounded. Someone is still chasing her, her chaser is holding one huge baseball bat, dripping with blood, he drag it while he’s running, purposefully to makes a loud noise when the metal bat touch an asphalt road. His expressions is blank, looks like his goal is only to get her and kill her. He doesn't care with how much tears she shown while crying for mercy.

“Leave me alone!” She’s screaming really hard until hurt, and she wakes up.

Yeri can't believe this, even after taking a medicine from her doctor before she fell asleep. The nightmare is still here. She find herself drenched in sweat. She gets up from her bed but she fell right away. Her legs is weak, her hand is shaking..what is happening.


 


***
 


"So tell me about this nightmare again."

Jimin is worried seeing Jungkook coming to work with dark circle and red eyes. He keeps talking about a nightmare since few weeks ago, but he never thought the situation as severe as this. Jungkook takes on sip of his coffee and touch his forehead. This is a mess.

"A ghost? or a monster?"

Jungkook is a big fan of games and stuffs, so Jimin can understand if part of his imaginary life as a gamer could shown in his dream.

"I was a killer in my dream." But turns out his guess were wrong.

"What?"

"I kept chasing this one person, and the only thing i do is hurting her. When i woke up, i remember everything, i remember watching her cry, her screams, her begging, her wound, her voice, everything felt like an alternate universe instead of a dream."

Wow. Such a heavy stuffs. Jimin knows Jungkook is not a person with perfect life or a perfect past. But this one is quite creepy. He's aware all of his bad personality but he never thought that he will ended up as a killer. Not even on his nightmare.

"And who is it? the one you want to kill on your dream.."

He can see that Jungkook is a little bit troubled with his question.

"Someone"

And looks like he is too tired to talk about this right now, so he gives a pat on his shoulder before he left him alone.


 

***

 


"Mr. Jeon, I'll be in the studio for the rest of the day."

Jungkook is nodding his head when Lea came to him and bring a few draft of her works, he needs to do some recheck.

"I'm going to give you an extra job."

She looks serious and busy with her small agenda when he said that.

"I want a detailed information about the model.."

"Kim Yeri-ssi?"

"Yes her, i want to know how she's working, what she said about our company..the project.."

"And about you.."

He feels like getting caught when Lea is the one who finished his words.

"I want you to get the reason from her regarding why she doesn't want me to be there.."

It's stupid but Jungkook can't help it. This thing is bothering him so much.

"I'll try my best, sir!"

"And remember Lea, this is a job for you. I don't want anyone is doing it but you."

"You want it as a secret. I understand."

Well..at least she's quite fast at catching what he wants.


 

***


Yeri is a little bit in bad condition after what happened last night.

"I need to hide her tired eyes, give me more concealer." Her make up team needs to work extra hard, because her face and her appearance is far from fresh.

"There's nothing i can do. I woke up at dawn and i can't sleep after that." She try to defend herself and pretend like what happened last night is not a heavy thing, but the fact is she really is scared.

"Excuse me."  Yeri turn her face to the front door when Lea from 2 days ago is here.

"Oh Hello"

She's entering the door while place one huge cup of americano and a flower bouquet in front of Yeri

"What is it?"

"This is from my boss." And Yeri lost her smile right away.

Lea is judging her expression and she knows something about Jungkook is really bothering her. She brings the flower and coffee because she thought things will get better for this project to make it looks like Jungkook is care for her. To makes Yeri work in so much more comfortable situation but looks like she's wrong.

"I already told you that i don't want him here."

"He is not here. He was just sending it."

"I'm not taking any extra gift. I work according to contract."

Yeri can see that her staffs is bothered with what she said and someone shrug her shoulder lightly.

"It was just.."

"Take it back. I don't want it."

She feels sorry to Lea for behaving rude to her about this, but she can not do anything..she's scared.

"Lea-ssi. It's ok. Yeri is a little bit tired..so.."

"No, it's ok. I'm sorry too."

Lea gets out from that room, and her impression of Yeri is slightly change. She's not actually good or nice, rumor about her is not entirely wrong, she is quite arrogant, cocky, and rude but Lea also knows the change from her was caused by her boss. Obviously.



***
 


Yeri is a professional, so even after the horrible things from last night. She still manage to give a great performance for the photoshoot and the CF shooting. Everyone is happy with the result.

"I love it so much." She give a smile to the director who looks satisfied with her work.

"This is going to be great." And even people from Lea's company looks satisfied too.

She keeps working really hard despite being tired and sleepy. It takes almost 20 hours before all the shot finally done. She thanks everyone, even though most people is already gone since few hours ago. Only that Lea girl is still here, Yeri is aware she keeps taking picture of her for so many times and busy with her phone all day. Looks like Jungkook told her to do something other than watching the photoshoot.

"I'm sorry about earlier." She decide to approach her, expecting something about Jungkook from her.

"No, it's ok." She looks surprised and put her phone back to her bag quickly.

"Do you mind if i ask you a question?"

"No, you can ask me anything especially about this project.."

"Did your boss ask you to spying on me?"

This girl is too innocent for someone like Yeri, she can see the answer right away from her eyes.
And the answer is honestly bothering her, she already tired dealing with Jungkook in her dream, while being confused and stuffs..and now there's a possibility if he's also a bother in real life.

"Do you know my boss Kim Yeri-ssi?"

But looks like Lea is not as weak as she thinks. She’s talking back to her in unfriendly way and even ask her a question.

"Why you ask?"

"Because looks like my boss know you.."

"No, I don’t know him. I never met him before..unless…"

Yeri can not even finished her sentence because that's not possible. Does Jungkook knows about the dream too? does he actually knows? this can't be real.

"Unless?"

Yeri takes a few steps back from Lea, she's holding her own hands because it's shaking right now. She feels the thrill right away. What kind of crazy thing is this..

"Nothing..i..i..don't know him."

She give a light bow to Lea before she left her and the studio. This can't be happening.