Zeventien

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

“I like everything. I agree. You guys did so well. Can I go home right now?”

 

Irene is completely annoyed, and everyone else is in shock. Monthly meeting is a disaster for everyone but Kim Yeri. They’ll discuss about her work, and all details regarding her appearance from hair styles, clothes, outfit, sponsored stuffs, and things like that. She usually hard to handle on this, lots of request, the hard one on top of that. But today...nothing is hard. She just said ok to every single thing they gave her.

 

“What is wrong with you?” Jay and Bona is laughing when they find Irene is confused with what happened.

 

“She really needs to go home right now.”

 

“Why?”

 

Jay stopped talking when Yeri glaring at him and told him to shut up.

 

“Alright then..everyone dismissed.”

 

Yeri is out from the door in a very quick movement followed by Jay and Bona.

 

“We’ll get the cake and drop you off at his place.”

 

“He usually get home at 6PM, I don’t have time to hide then.”

 

Jay is rolling his eyes to her.

 

“You’re going to hide?”

 

“It’s a surprise party, of course she’s going to hide.”

 

Yeri is already trying to call Jungkook and ask him where he is but he’s not picking up at all. Busy maybe.

 

***



“Are you sure you don’t want any help?”

Yeri is already holding a cake, her bag and a gift she prepared for Jungkook. Jay and Bona drop her off at the lobby, when she was greeted by one of the security, she’s already familiar with people here.

 

“No, it’s fine..oh and you don’t need to pick me up..i’ll have an appointment tomorrow. I’ll ask Jungkook to drive me.”

 

“Ok. Good luck.”

 

Yeri is walking fast and looking at her phone for a few times, just in case Jungkook sending her message or calling her back. It’s already 7PM. If he’s home already then her plan is ruined.

 

She finally arrive right at the front door, and put the passcode quickly. She’s totally happy when she realized that Jungkook is not home yet.

 

“Cake. Candles.”

She never did this before, so everything is kinda sloppily done. She made a little mess on her shirt.

 

She already light up the candles but turning it off again, when it’s already 8PM and Jungkook is still not here. Still not picking up her call or send her a message. She’s so close to call Lea and try to asking her about Jungkook when she finally heard a noise from the front door. The room is already dark because she left it like that since an hour ago. She’s trying hard to lighting on the candles again and hiding on the living room.

 

Yeri is holding her breath when she can heard a footstep is getting closer to her, and when the light is finally on, she showed up in front of Jungkook holding the cake and singing happy birthday to him. She really is excited because this whole thing is absurd for her, why would she wanted to do this for a person.. let alone somene else’s birthday, she never cared about her own birthday.

 

“Happy birthday.”

Jungkook doesn’t know how to deal with this honestly, Kim Yeri in front of him is Kim Seokjin’s sister. The reason why everything is ruined for him. He says nothing when she takes a few step closer to him, looking up and staring at him with her doe eyes.

 

“You’re supposed to blow the candle, right?”

Yeri is a little bit embarrassed when she saw the candle is melted to the cake. It has 2 and 9 on it, just like Jungkook’s age, but it’s already looks weird. She talks to Jungkook with an awkward tone, trying to hide her embarassment for doing this thing so sloppily. She feels even more uncomfortable when Jungkook is being indifferent with what she did. There’s no smile or words from him, he’s just standing there.

 

“It’s a fail I think.”

She’s back to the kitchen before Jungkook can say anything, and throw the candle from the cake. She’s regretting her choice for doing this, her relationship is not normal, it’s not a fantasy or cliché love story, she’s not supposed to expecting this kind of thing. And beside the cake looks good, it’s such a waste if the melted candle ruining it.

“I bought you dinner on my way here, or if you don’t want it we can just eat the cake...”

 

Jungkook is ignoring everything she said and get to his office, closing the door without saying anything. Everything is hard for him. It’s exhausting. Crazy.. and he’s pretty sure Yeri is not knowing things. He saw her talked about Seokjin’s death and there’s no way she would act like this toward him if she knew.
Same thing with him who let her stay on his place, throwing a stupid birthday party while her dad is out there, threaten him and talk about Sooyoung. It doesn’t makes any sense at all.

 

“Can I come in?”

Jungkook hear a knock on his door, he was going to say no, but Yeri is already opening it. She enter his office while walking slowly, her face looks tired.

 

“I’m sorry. I never did this before, so it’s kinda...”

 

“Didn’t i tell you to not doing that?”

 

Yeri is surprised with how rude Jungkook talk to her, but she’s ignoring it and walking closer to him when she sees his hand.

 

“What happened?”

It’s a wound. A bad one. Jungkook also has trace of blood on his shirt.
She’s holding his hand and caressing it.

 

“Let’s check it to the hospital.”

 

“No, it’s just a small wound.” Jungkook pull his hands from her but Yeri is holding it again.

 

“Let me see it.” She use her bare hands to hold it and touch the wound very carefully.

 

It’s a cut, looks bad but someone who’s treating his wound is doing such a great job. Yeri lift her face to Jungkook, trying to find his eyes and asking him what happened once again, but when she realized that he’s avoiding her, she can’t bring the question for him, so she just looking at his wound and touch it to check if it’s worth a further treatment or not.

 

“I think it’ll be fine...”

She’s literally in shock when Jungkook pull his hands from her grip in a rude manner, harsh. She looks at him with a confused eyes, because why would he get this mad just because she’s trying to celebrating his birthday. There’s a long silent between them, until Yeri found Jungkook starting to have teary eyes, he’s trying to hide it with his hand, but she already saw it.

 

“Why are you crying over a small wound?” She’s asking him in unfriendly way, because she’s also annoyed by the situation.

 

Jungkook is not saying anything or answering her, and it really makes her feels bad for him, maybe he had a rough day, some problems from work or something else. Whatever the reason he got hurts, it is probably bad.

 

“I have lots of work, leave me alone.”

 

He’s walking away from her and the thing she’s doing is only staring at his back, which totally looks weak and small. Something is not right.

 

“I’ll be outside, call me if you need anything.”

Jungkook’s right hand is wounded, pretty sure that’s limiting his movement and activities. Yeri is staying because she want to help. She choose to get out when nothing coming from Jungkook, not a no nor a yes.

“What is wrong with him?”

She’s out with a long sigh and staring at the closed door behind her. Nothing is extremely bad the last time she met Jungkook but why now he’s acting like this.

 


 

Yeri is hungry, because she purposefully not taking any food, so she can eat a lot for Jungkook’s birthday dinner. There’s a cake, and she also bought a take away too for dinner, but right now everything is useless because Jungkook is already on his office for more than an hour.
 

“This cake is delicious.”

She take a few pictures of the food and send it to Jay, telling him that the cake taste good. And he replied it with a picture of him and Bona in their office eating instant noodles because they have work to do. They looks cute and funny, it does makes her feel better to see them after dealing with bad mood Jungkook earlier.

 

She’s finally relieved when the door from Jungkook’s office is opened, he’s finally out, still with the dark and gloomy expression from earlier even worse because his eyes is puffy. Is he crying all the time?

 

He’s walking really fast, not even sparing a glance to her.

 

“How about dinner?”

Even when she’s asking about food, he’s completely ignore her. Going upstairs, entering his room and closed the door really hard. She can heard it.

 

***
 

Why her? That’s the only question Jungkook has for the whole situation. So many people has been trying to changed him to a better person, making him willing to fix himself but nobody ever succeed. And there’s Yeri come to his life, slowly but sure, naturally taking his old self back to the surface only for him to find out that she is one of the reason for his damned life.

He doesn’t think dealing with Yeri is a good thing to do, when he remembers how her entire family treat Sooyoung, humiliating her till the end of her life.

He is mad with the fact that Seokjin is killing himself instead of taking all responsibility for what he did. That’s why things like Love is no use, literally no use when you let it controlling you and not the other way round. He wanted Seokjin to pay what he did to Sooyoung, but not this way. He wanted to show him how much his parent’s money and power ruining Sooyoung’s life, his life.

 

“A revenge?”

He remembers how Mr. Kim is coming to him this morning, begging, but still acting like he owns the world, when right now the table is already turned, he literally has his world on his hand, there’s behind this door. Kim Yeri.

 

 

***

 

Yeri is knocking on the door slowly, but there’s no respond coming from Jungkook. She decide to open it, and there he is, laying on his bed, sleeping, hugging his pillow and back facing her. She really want to talk and spend times with him, but her plan is all ruined by whatever happened to him before this.

 

“Are you sleeping?” She take a sit next to him and touch his shoulder, but got no response from him.

 

She’s looking down and staring at his face, he’s totally sleeping.

 

“I don’t know you hate birthday that much.”

But she choose to talk to him anyway, because it does makes her feels at ease to tell him things.

 

“The cake is delicious, I put it on the fridge for you to eat tomorrow.”

 

Yeri see Jungkook is flinched when she accidentally touch his wounded hand.

 

“I’m tired. Can you please stop?”   He’s not sleeping.

 

Yeri is stopped talking before giving him a back hug, a tight one, he doesn’t need to listen to her words she just want to hold him.

 

“I’ll stop talking, just let me hold you.”

 

She’s linking her arms on him and pull him closer but Jungkook tossed her hand. He doesn’t want it. So she let him go.

 

Yeri just staring at the ceiling as she’s wondering what she did wrong to Jungkook. And one wild guess is pop up on her minds.

 

“Did my father went to see you?”

 

Her eyes got bigger, when she knows she’s right, because Jungkook is not saying anything. She makes him turns to her with a force, so their eyes finally met. The talk about her dad is bothering him so much. He doesn’t looks happy at all.

 

“Don’t listen to him.”

 

“You don’t even know what he said to me.”

 

Jungkook can see a worried and apologetic expression from Yeri when he said that.

 

“I don’t care, you just need to ignore what he said..if he asked you to do something, don’t….don’t listen to him. He ruined my brother life like this too. He told his girlfriend to do things, and she listened to him..and...”

 

His heart still feel hurts when he heard it, all the bad memoreis slowly coming back, fullfilled his head, the way she worked hard, the way she get sick, the way she died, and the way people treat her death. The poor Sooyoung, his precious sister, being played by Seokjin and his entire family.

 

“I’m not that kind of person. I’m not nice and kind like your brother’s girlfriend.”

 

Yeri feels a chill when Jungkook said it to her, it’s creepy and he’s really serious with what he said, looks like what her dad said to him is enough to waking up the evil inside him, he totally looks angry.

 

“I’m sorry.” She give Jungkook a hug because she still remembers how cruel her dad was to Seokjin and Sooyoung. And she doesn’t want the same thing happened to him.

 

Yeri sounds really genuine with her apology but Jungkook is already too angry to understand what’s going on. He feels nothing over what she said. Not until Yeri is crying and holding him really tight.

 

“Why are you crying?” So he asked her.

 

“I’m upset.. When I finally found someone to actually leading me back home, back to my old self, back to my family, back to him..he’s doing this.”

 

Jungkook feels something when he heard that words.. home. That’s what he felt too about her.. The one who have an ability to makes him feels at ease and sane. The reason why his employees think he’s a fine person instead of a trashy boss, reason to why he feel less wronged to Sooyoung and having a will to build a new life, an ordinary life where he could be happy in there.

 

“I don’t care about my father, i’m staying with you.”

 

“You still don’t know what he said…”

 

“I don’t need to..”

 

“You actually should..”

 

Yeri can not believe what she heard, she pull herself from Jungkook and staring at his eyes, it’s a stupid joke coming from him.

 

“No..i should not.”

 

What is wrong with him..

 

“Kim Yeri..”

 

“Seriously, what is wrong with you?”

 

“Just go.”

 

Yeri is totally baffled with what he’s doing right now. Jungkook is getting down from the bed while dragging her hand out from his room. He takes her bag and some of her belonging while still dragging her hand.

 

“What are you doing right now?” She is trying so hard to stop him, but he’s too strong, and when they finally reach the front door, he opens it for her.

 

“Seriously, stop this.”

She hit Jungkook with her bag when he push her away and telling her to go. This is just doesn’t makes sense.

 

“Run while you can. Don’t let me caught you just like what happened on that nightmare.”

 

“Stop with this bull. What is wrong with you?”

 

Yeri is begin to cry again when she realized the conversation she has with Jungkook is just confusing and scary.

 

“It was me.”

 

“What are you talking about?”
 

“The one who chasing you on your nightmare was me. It was always me.”

 

Yeri is shaking her head and coming back to Jungkook’s place while cornering him and hold his shoulder with both of her hands, she let her bag laying on the floor.

 

“It was my dad gets into your head...”

 

“It wasn’t. I just don’t want you anymore.”

 

Jungkook can see that Yeri start to getting angry with what he said, she close the door with her right hands and leaning her back to the wall, staring down at the floor and covering her face.

 

“Listen, this is not my first time.” She talks to him with a forced smile, and tears on her eyes.

 

“Back when I was a kid.. my brother..”

 

“I don’t want to hear it.”

 

Jungkook knows Yeri is going to talk about Seokjin and Sooyoung, and he honestly don’t want to hear anything about his sister from her. He just can not accept it.

 

“There’s this one young innocent girl, with the brightest smile, my brother told me..”

 

“Shut Up!”

 

Yeri is closing right away, when Jungkook is screaming at her. He’s mad, totally mad. His eyes is red and his gaze is something that she never saw . He’s becoming even more scary than her nightmare.


“I’ll go. Bye.”


She is disappointed with how things turn out, even if her father talk to Jungkook about something, that shouldn’t be enough to makes him want to leave her, what about heimwee, what about helping each other to find a way back, what about stop acting like a trash, and build a new life…
She wipe her tears with her sleeve and covering her face with both of her hands taking a deep breath and giving him a sarcastic smile. Maybe she’s just not worthy.

 

Jungkook watch Yeri picking up her bag from the floor, still crying, and there is something about experiencing this. It’s hurts, even more than when he said goodbye to Sooyoung for the last time when he was 15 years old. If back then he feels like his world was taken away by her death, now he feels like he’s the one who slowly fade away with Yeri’s good bye. She’s already take a huge part of him with her.

Yeri is slowly opening the door with a really heavy head, left Jungkook alone and back to him after he feels better is the only choice for her. She doesn’t want to let him go. She won’t give up like this.

She’s looking at him, and she knows even though he’s totatlly angry right now, he still has something to offer for her. Yeri is cupping his face, kissing him with a little force and let him go when he was going to do the same thing. It’s obvious for her that Jungkook is still Jungkook that she loves from the way he react to her. So she hold his hands slowly.

 

“Even if I told to pick a side between you and my father. I’ll definitely choose you in a heartbeat.”

 

There is something on Jungkook’s eyes when she said that.

 

“I already told you to run away.”

 

Yeri stare at him with a blank expression, yeah whatever that means, he did told her to run away but from what?

Her confusion find no answer when Jungkook stop talking and grab her by her waist, holding her closer and don't let her makes any move on his embrace. He put his face closer to her and staring at her, still with an angry gaze before he begin to kiss her.

Kisses from Jungkook always feel warm and sweet. But right now, something is different for Yeri right now.

He’s doing it rather rough and cold, It’s scare her enough to push him away, Staring at him expecting some explanation

 

“Why? You don’t want it?”

 

Jungkook still has his hand on Yeri’s hair. Grabbing it and hold into it tight when she give him the look. The confused look.
He doesn’t want to do this to her but he just can't help it. The blast from the past is all on his head right now. All the bad things he’s done to others. His trashy behaviour, Sooyoung’s last smile..

 

“No, it’s ok.”

 

She’s coming for him, wrapping him around with her tiny arms, kissing him back and letting him do whatever he wants to her. Yeri is not hating it. It’s just odd. She really need to ask his dad about this..what did he say to Jungkook and why did he pissed him off.

 

“How many times do i need to tell you about this?”

 

Yeri is stop Jungkook from kissing her when he tore her dress again. She can heard a sound of few buttons fell of to the floor. But the one who did it doesn’t care at all. He reach for her again and...at one point he just stopped.

 

“Go..”

 

Yeri is not doing anything when Jungkook left her after abruptly stopped what he was doing to her. She can still feel the taste of his lips on hers, how demanded he was.

 

“Where do you want me to go? You ruined my clothes. I can’t go around like this.”

 

Yeri is staring at herself. The only thing she’s wearing is a ruined one piece short dress. It’s already lost it function because almost all her skin is exposed. Jungkook did this and now he ask her to go. She really want to get angry at him for what he did and what he said, but when she find him looking so much stressed, covering his face and let out a heavy sigh as he takes a sit on his couch, the only thing she wants to do is making him feels better.

 

“Use one of my clothes and leave.”

 

Jungkook really doesn't understand with what is going on. His head and his heart is telling him to do and to feel something completely different. He looks at Yeri and the present of her only makes things harder for him. And he wants her gone.

 

“Why are you still here?”

 

She’s not answering but kneeling down in front of him and holding his wounded hand. She’s taking his hand and now he’s standing in front of her.

 

“I don’t want you to feel bad, angry, sad because i choose to leave you when you treated me like a trash. I know you don’t mean it...my boyfriend is kind, he is care for me and..i want to be with him even when he’s in a bad mood like right now..”
 

She’s linking her arms on his waist and Jungkook can not do anything but wishing for time to stopped. He wants her but not with her past and who she is.

 

“Look at me..”

 

“You don’t know anything.”

 

That words came out harsh and he knows Yeri could get hurt with that but the thing is, she’s laughing at him and start kissing him gently. She’s not angry while doing it.

 

“Can i stay tonight?”

 

She stopped and give him a hug. It’s so hard to resist so Jungkook nod his head while hugging her back..maybe for one last time. Because he completely aware that things would be so different once she find out about their past.

 


 

Yeri is here again, looking at the dim light on the road, waiting for something, someone. She looks around and finally he’s here. Jungkook with his new weapon coming for her and calling her name. She doesn’t want to run away anymore now. She choose to stand on the road, staring at him without any movements, she’s not running nor hiding. She’s just stand there...and when Jungkook is finally here..the only thing she’s doing is looking at him, waiting for him to do something..

 

“You’re here at last.” That’s what she said to him.

 

***



“What was that?”

Yeri is waking up in a usual condition after the nightmare. She’s sweating a lot despite the only thing she wear is a thin shirt she found on Jungkook’s closet. The owner is still sleeping, looks like the nightmare doesn’t happened for him. She stare at his back, and he looks fine, no random scream or excessive pain.

 

“Is it just me?” It’s confusing for her, so Yeri decide to out from the room. She needs some air.

 

Jungkook finally letting go of his hard grip to his pillow when he heard Yeri is gone. He’s holding up.

The nightmare happened to him too, the exact same one where Yeri is no longer his victim for him to chase. She’s becoming something else. The look from her eyes was different.

 






Yeri is done with preparation to go out since early morning, she was going to ask Jungkook to come because she thinks it’ll help her to feels better if he came along, but she feels bad to bother his Sunday morning. So she choose to go alone, like usual.

 

“What happened to you?”

Yeri is taking off Jungkook’s bandage from his wounded hand. Asking him, who is sleeping soundly, knowing she won't gain any answer. She put antiseptic and a clean band aid to replace it, as she’s staring at his wound. It’s a cut, not deep but certainly hurt. She’s cleaning up his wound slowly, afraid if he eventually feels the pain.

 

“It’s done.”

She’s watching at her work proudly when it’s finished, she also staring at Jungkook with a smile. He looks totally nice when he’s sleeping. Calm and ordinary. The nightmare from last night still bothering her, she thought it’s happened because she was fighting him last night, that’s why the dream came out weird and unusual.

 

“Good morning.”

She’s immediately scratch the thought of what happened last night when Jungkook slowly open his eyes. She greets him with a smile because she knows he had a rough day yesterday. She use her hand to fix his messy hair and squeezing his cheeks before she give him a kiss.

 

“I need to go somewhere.” She grab her bag and watching him waking up from his sleep and now sitting on his bed, still half-asleep.

 

It’d be nice to come with him together, but after what he went through yesterday, Yeri thinks it’s better to give him a break from her. She choose to back home first and driving alone for today’s trip.

 

“I made you a corn soup for breakfast, because that’s the only thing I could make, cake from last night is still on your fridge...”

 

Yeri is back to him, holding him closer and give him a hug, a light one.

 

“Happy birthday.” He is still not responding to anything, even until she left his room and waving her hand to him.


Jungkook find himself in misery after Yeri left. He’s angry at the situation, why would he met her and decide to have this cliché thing like relationship without knowing what was going on. Without knowing who they are for each other. He care for her, he probably in love with her before her dad came to him and let him know that Yeri is Seokjin’s sister..but now..he’s not sure. He doesn’t want to lose her, but he think it’s also unfair for him if he decide to eliminate the fact that Yeri and her family ruining his life, after what he’s gone through for the past 15 years, all those tears, sweat, and pain.

 




 



A white lily, a bottle of wine, tons of flowers. Everything is still here.

 

“Oppa, how are you?” Yeri put a red rose she brought, Seokjin’s favorite.

 

Yesterday was his yearly memorial of his death . Seokjin is a great guy, so people came here often. All of his friends, Mom and Dad was here too. Yeri always came here one day later, because she doesn’t want to meet anyone else in this place.

 

“Yeri?” But she’s unlucky today.

 

She turn her back to find the owner of that voice, and she finally found someone walking to her directions.

 

“Is that you?”

 

It was Yoona, Seokjin’s high school friend, and the one who introduced him to Sooyoung. She hates her, obviously, not as much as she hates Sooyoung, but still she's not comfortable communicating with her like this.


She give her a smile when she came to her for a hug. It’s been years since the last time she saw her. Yeri knows her parents is still in contact with Yoona because she’s the one who told them about Sooyoung and her family when she died.

 

“Yeah, me.”

 

“I’ve been wanting to see you since I saw the news.”

 

Yoona hold her hands and told her to sit in one of the bench under the tree.

 

“What news?”

 

She takes a flower and put it next to her red rose from earlier. Back when things still fine and good, Yeri really like spending times with Yoona, she probably Seokjin’s friend that she likes the most. She never had a sister, so being with her is really comfortable. They usually out to buy some merch from their favorite artist when they were young. Her family is also well respected and pretty sure her dad won’t do anything if Yoona is the one who Seokjin falls in love with instead of Sooyoung.

 

“Listen. I know what you feels about me for the past few years, Yeri-ya. I admit my mistake, and everydays in my life, I always feels wronged.”

 

Yeri is not saying anything, because she thought that Yoona deserved all of this.

 

“You got to get married, has kid, you have a future, while my brother. You know..”

 

Yoona is hurts by Yeri’s words but she can understand her, things were not good for her after Seokjin left.

 

“I feels wronged about that for sure, everytime I drop my son off to school, I always imagine how Seokjin treat my son as an uncle, or when I was getting married, I can imagine he’ll be the one who sing for me and my husband...but I never feel wronged that I made him met Sooyoung. “

 

Yeri is annoyed by what Yoona said and give her a glare. What a bull.

 

“You didn’t see how happy he was when he’s with her, you didn’t see how he excitedly made a gift and write a song for Sooyoung, You didn’t see how bright his eyes was when he walk with Sooyoung and spend times with her..”

 

“Enough. Stop.”

 

Yeri gets up from her sit because this whole thing is really making her angry.

 

“It’s true that I didn’t see any of it. Because the only thing I saw was a dead body. You can’t changed my mind, He is dead because that girl killed him, you killed him.”

 

Yoona hold her arms when she start to walking away from her.

 

“I don’t understand.. what about you and Jungkook… I..”

 

Yoona stopped her words right away when she realized that Yeri is probably not aware about Jungkook..at all..

She thought since Yeri is together with Jungkook, she probably has moving on and ready to forgive her after all the things she did in the past. She was going to see Jungkook through her too. Trying to say sorry to him again and asking them to be happy for the sake of their brother and sister but turns out that she is wrong. Totally wrong.

 

“Do you know him?”

 

“Yeri..”

 

“Come on..you owe me that much after ruining my brother’s life. Tell me what is it?”

 

“Jungkook..he know Seokjin. He met him before.”

 

Yeri can not follow what Yoona said and this is really not something she understand. Seokjin is dead, where is Jungkook see him? And how could she doesn’t know anything about this.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“15 years ago..”

 

“Are you playing with me right now?”

 

Yoona becoming scared when she can see Yeri give her a deep glance. She’s always afraid of her more than she’s afraid of Jungkook after what happened. Even though Jungkook also hates her and say mean things to her, Yeri is dealing with the tragedy in a worse way than him.

 

“No, i’m not..Jungkook is..”

 

Yeri’s becoming curious because this is probably the answer of her nightmare, her misery. Everything is makes sense if Jungkook actually tangled with her deceasd brother. She can also see that Yoona also has no choice but to listen to her order. She’s intimidated and probably scared of her.

 

“Jungkook is Sooyoung’s little brother.”

 

And there’s the answer.. Yeri is feeling weak in all over her body, she can not move from her position and it feels like her brain is stopped functioning. She even let Yoona take her back to the bench while asking her if she’s ok. The girl from the painting. The dead family, why Jungkook seeking for money and power, why he hates rich people like her, why he approached her, why he asked her for a relationship, everything is not really confusing anymore right now.

 

“I thought you know about it...I...”

 

“Tell me everything.”

 

Yeri talks to Yoona in a really rude way, but it’s not hard to learn that she is still in shock with what she heard.

 

“Sooyoung has a brother, your dad already know about this. I told him, on the day she died..i beg him to do something for Jungkook, helping him living his life as he has no family after his sister left..but your dad said no. Not until Seokjin gone that he finally choose to help him. He gave him money, lots of it, but Jungkook was hurting so badly that even money won’t satisfied him..He’s ruined, Yeri-ya..he’s no longer a person I know when Sooyoung died, just like how you changed when Seokjin...”

 

Yeri can’t help but using her brain to recalling all memories she had with Jungkook, the guy he hates, the guy he wanted to kill..It’s her brother.

 

“He’s always asking me about Seokjin..he was searching for him. He didn’t know he was dead.”

 

“No, he knows. He knows it completely.”

 

Judging from what he said last night, and how he always try to kill her on her nightmare, everything happened because he no longer has Seokjin as his object of revenge. It’s her now.

 

“It’s not your fault that both of you met and….falling in love..”

 

“No, it’s not. There is no love. It’s stupid.”

 

Yeri was saying that to Yoona, but she knows it’s not true.

 

***

 

Yeri is driving her car recklessly, with so much tears. Crying, hurting, suffering. She can not accept any of this. The fact that Jungkook is doing everything for a revenge, all that lies…

 

She’s arrived at her destination and out from her car quickly. She walks really fast and even bump to few people.

 

“Miss, where are you going?”

 

Nana is surprised when she find Yeri is coming in through the front door, walking really fast and ignores everyone who greets her. She looks like a mess. Mrs. Kim already warned her about this side of Yeri. She was told that Yeri as a teen was telling everyone about killing her own parents to the point that she need a medical consultation. She was crazy. And now that Yeri is here.. her eyes is full of angers and hatred.

 

Nana is calling a few security when Yeri finally get inside her dad’s office and close the door roughly. This is not good.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

Mr. Kim is taking off his glasses when he found Yeri is showing up in front of his office desk. Looks like she already learn about what he did.

 

“I just came to tell your boyfriend...”

 

“No, why didn’t you tell me that he is Sooyoung’s brother? “

He’s taken a back with her question, he already expecting about Yeri who knows nothing, because there’s no way she’s willing to have a relationship with a man that has connection with Sooyoung. He knows how much Yeri despise her and blame everything what happened to her.

 

“I need to make sure. And didn’t I already told you to stay away from him?”

 

Mr. Kim is feeling sorry when he find Yeri is crying while sitting on the floor. The truth is not easy for her and she learned it the hard way. He came to her and help her standing up, patting her back and her shoulder.

 

“He won’t do anything to you. I already warned him..”

 

“He already did everything. “

 

If Jungkook’s revenge goal was to ruined her life, then he did it, completely.

 





Dr. Yoo is in her office, she’s staring at the huge window while flipping a few pages of paper from a long time ago. She remember her conversation she had with Jungkook this morning.

 

“I tried to kill her on my dream. She’s part of my past. Do you think i’m capable to do that in real life?”

 

Jungkook looks completely lost, and she feels bad for him. She can give him explanation, but she can’t console what happened on his heart.

 

“It depends..on the way how you saw her..I can’t talk about you, but i’ve been with Yeri for more than a decade. If she’s the one who came to me and ask me that question. I’ll say yes, she is capable. Especially if you’re part of her past regarding her late brother.”

 

She’s looking at Yeri’s record since she was young, she was completely ruined after her brother died. It takes her quite a long time to finally pick up her life again and put everything back into its track. She also know from Jungkook’s reaction, it’s obvious that he has something to do with Seokjin’s death.

 

“Kim Yeri and me..we’re not so different, so I think it’s a yes for me too.”

 

He left her with a bitter smile after saying that.

Whatever is happening between Yeri and Jungkook, she knows there’s something her knowledge can not touch.

 


 

Jungkook walk with a heavy step on his apartment’s corridor, there’s so much things to think about on his head. What Dr.Yoo said to him is taking most of his focus.

 

He entered the house and it’s been awhile since he doesn’t want to be here. For the past few weeks, he’s always enjoying spending time at home, even back home early because sometimes Yeri will be here waiting for him.

 

And he feels a slight warmth when he found her again, sitting on his living room, looking down and gloomy.

“What are you doing here?”

 

She’s not answering his questions at all, and the only thing she did is coming closer to him, and just in a few movement, she already has unidentified gun on her hand and targeting his chest with it.

It’s a little bit surprising, but not really unexpected.

 

“Did I ever told you that i’m good at using this?”

 

Yeri doesn’t looks good, she’s been crying and her voice is weak, her expression is dark, she doesn’t looks strong despite saying a threat to him.

 

“No, you didn’t.”
 

She use her hands to wipe her tears, and put the gun closer to him. There’s a label on that, property of a production house. The one Yeri’s working for to, the short movie project.

 

“You know my brother.”

 

Jungkook close his eyes and taking a deep breath before he answer Yeri’s question.

 

“A tall handsome guy with a broad shoulder who promised my sister empty words? ”

 

It is a really bad things to say about a dead person, Yeri feels hurt hearing it from him.

 

“Don't say that.” She talks to him near screaming.

And both of them are drowning into a long silence, no one say anything. They only stare at each other, busy with their own thoughts.
It was Yeri again who finally decide to speak to him.

 

“So..everything is part of your big plan? Not even a small truth is there?”

 

Yeri is a mess now, Jungkook is really ruining her, her heart, her life, her mind. Everything is hurts for her, nothing is makes sense anymore. She is angry, sad and mad, the only thing that makes her willing to stand in front of him like this is a small hope if something from what they had together is real. Just anything. His affection, his care, his smile, if there’s one thing that is real from him, Yeri still want to try to work on fixing this situation.

 

Jungkook closing his eyes, and he really want to tell her that everything was real before this mess. But he’s not confidence to be with her. A 15 years pain can not be replaced by few months happiness he had with her. It’s not the same, not fair. He still remembers how much tears he shed while living his life all by himself, alone because Yeri and his family taking everything away from him. Sooyoung, her smile, her future..

And Yeri’s reaction to this is also not helping. She doesn’t think this through and just came to him with a gun, threaten him just like what her dad doing to him. He can’t accept any of this. Dr. Yoo was right..they’re a danger for each other.

 

“No. Nothing is real. It’s a revenge.”

 

“Every single thing? All that tears you showed me.. The nightmare..”

 

“The nightmare is out of my control, but i’m glad it happened so i can finally found what i was looking for..Kim Seokjin, his family, his dad, you..”

 

“Are you faking it? And...since when you targeting me as your revenge?”

 

“You don’t need to know that.”

 

He can see Yeri is staring at him and giving him a smile while moving the gun and aiming his head now.

 

“I have nothing to lose if I kill you right now. Going to jail for killing a boyfriend sounds good to me.”

 

Yeri knows, she has nothing to kill Jungkook, not the will or the courage, the only thing she has is a fake gun, a property, unloaded, and unharmed. She just want to know if she’s still crazy over this thing, but turns out that she’s not. She doesn’t want him dead even after knowing how cruel he is to her. She’s just too hurt to admit.

 

“I’ll just tell everyone that you’re abusing me and this is part of my self-defense. People will believe me because they know how you’re living your life as a trash. Sounds good, right?”

 

Jungkook is not saying anything, he’s just staring at her, there’s no more affection on his eyes. The only thing she found is resentment.

 

“Is this also how your dad manipulating my sister back then?”

 

Yeri take a few steps back from him, when he grab the gun from her hand and now put it to the table next to her.

 

“She killed my brother.”

 

“ Your brother wanted to die, my sister didn’t. She wants to live but your family ruining her chance.”

 

Jungkook and Yeri, both of them has their own perception over their loss. They’ve been blaming others for their pain for years instead of trying to heal and erased it. They thought they’re lucky when they found each other because the chance to heal was coming to them in such a beautiful way to the point that everything looks so easy for them to finally out of misery.

But what is happening right now..

For them this is like they were being guided to get out from a black hole, they found this small light, a chance.. but then everything was gone suddenly, with that they got pulled even deeper, back to the black hole, to the place they never been before, to the pain that even bigger than before. It’ll be hard to recover from that.

 

“Didn’t i already told you to run away yesterday?”

 

In the past few months she know Jungkook, apart from their rough first meeting, Yeri never saw him as a monster on her nightmare. Not after all the affections he gave to her, all those sweet words, hugs, kisses, those dazzling eyes and time they spent together. She already sure that the one from her nightmare is not him, it’s something else, but..right at this moment, the nightmare feels real. That Jungkook is here. She’s scared of him, so she’s trying to hide it with another jab for him.

 

“Do you know what I had on my dream last night?”

 

Jungkook stare at her when she find Yeri is laughing with a sarcastic tone. She give him a push on his shoulder and there’s no more tears on her eyes.

 

“This is familiar, right? Your sight of chasing me, threaten me, wishing me to die..but you know what? I’m done running away from you, not in our nightmare and in real life..i’ll fight you. You said you want to use your money and power for a revenge, then do it. Last time I checked my dad is still rich..he’s still powerful. So what part of your revenge is successful? Me?”

 

It was a total stab for Jungkook, what Yeri said to him is hurting him so much. It’s just another reason for him to blaming her for what happened to Sooyoung.  He takes a pause and bring his eyes back to Yeri, when he find her not moving and staring at him with a mocking gaze. She is mad.

 

“The cake was delicious, my birthday gift looks cool too..”

 

Jungkook's birthday gift  was a newest release of expensive watch, Yeri bought it for him as his birthday gift because she knows he like that brand.

 

“The corn soup is great too…and what’s more? Hugs, kisses, ..everything is good. Do you remember crying for me last night? ”

 

Trash and Evil. It’s just how the way he is. Yeri is really can not afford to heard all words he said without feeling hurt and disgusted. She fell on that trap completely. So stupid.

 

“This one is nice too.” He’s showing off his wounded hand from last night. Yeri remember the way she treated it with care, love and affections this morning. Dumb.

“So..i think part of my revenge, you ..Kim Yeri, worked so well.”

 

Jungkook can see a slight tears coming out from Yeri’s eyes again, but she wipe it really quick.
Everything he told her is a lie, but there’s no other way. They don’t belong together, it doesn’t makes sense.

 

He saw her take back the gun property and carry it with her hands, she takes a deep breath before she talks to him again.
 

“You’re not the one who receive a medical treatment at the age of 14 for wanting to kill people. It was me. So..don’t ever show your face in front of me again, or...”

 

“Is that a threat?”

 

“No, it is a fact.” Her voice coming out weak and thin.

 

She stop talking when Jungkook come closer to her and start to say something with such intimidated gaze.

 

“Did you ever ask your dad..about the money he gave me when I was 15? I’m not weak. There’s a reason why you’re the one who’s being chased on that nightmare instead of me.”

Jungkook ends his talk while walking away from her and sitting on one of his sofa, there's no guilty feelings on his face right now. He just totally looks like a bad guy, like trashy human being. And she believed everyting he said. His revenge, his reasoning, his insults, she believed everything just like how she was believing on his love before all of this.

Yeri walks away from Jungkook and out from his apartment, close the door and thinking about what is happening right now.
She’s been doing this for 15 years. This is not a big deal. Being alone again and trapped in this black hole forever is probably her fate. Heimwee? Such thing is not exist for her.

 

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...... THE END……………………………………………………...................................................................................

 

 


Not really.

I'll update the epilogue, sequel or anything i have on this first.

 

Thanks for reading this story. I read all of your opinions about this story. And really thank you for liking it.

I'll be back later.