drie

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

The project is successful, the advertisement about the traveling package is becoming viral. The sales rocked up to 120% in the past 2 months. Everything is good, Yeri also gain some momentum on her career thanks to this successful ad. Jungkook is also racking tons of money and popularity for his company since he gained profit and credit for his excellent work.

"The travelling company invited us as a team for the gala dinner."

Mr. Park the team leader looks excited while making the announcement, when they're in the middle of their routine meeting. Jungkook is also proud that his employees is successful at making things work.

"You all can go." So he decide to give them a privilege, but looks like they don't want to accept his kindness. None of them looks excited right now.

"Here's the thing boss..we already planned to celebrating it tonight. Just a simple dinner, only us. Mr. Park will pay.." He's still listening to what Mr. Kim said and everyone is nodding their head as he speaks.

"We thought it's probably better if you're the one who's attending the party, as our representatives."

"But this is not my work, all of you did it."

Jungkook is understand that his employees are just don't want to see him in an event so they decide to not go, but still..why would he attends the party for their sake.

"But you also know everything. I think it's good for a networking, Sir..going to that party."

He change his focus to Lea who's talking next to him, fighting for her co worker's freedom. Part of him also think that she is right, there's some opportunities for more money and power if he can do a great networking. If  famous brand willing to use his service then everything is perfect for him.

"And you?"

"I'll prepare everything for you before i'm joining everyone."

Well..it's not like Jungkook expecting Lea to be loyal to him, but still it's quite dissapointing that she refused to join him.

"Fine. Enjoy your dinner."

Jungkook give them a smile because well..all of them worked hard, and they kinda deserved it.

"Prepare my suit, and the list of the guest who will be there."

He's walking  to his office and told Lea to prepare what he wants. It is important for him to learn about people who's going to be there so he could make a list of priority and strategy.

"Miss Kim Yeri will be there too, Sir."

"Why?" Jungkook is coming to his office fast because he doesn't want anyone else heard his conversation with Lea regarding this.

"She's the star. Of course she'll be there."

Yeri, she's still part of his nightmare. He met her often on his dream, still the same old scenario when the only thing he wants to do is kill her and she will be the one who's crying for help.

It's always a nightmare for him, because he can feel all the hatred he has for her when he was chasing her and threaten her on his dream. He's not sure if Yeri is actually aware about what’s going on but judging from how she always avoiding him, he’s kinda predicting that she also has the nightmare. And with that everything is becoming more confusing, he's still can not find an answer.

"My contract with her is already finished, right? I have no reason to avoiding her again."

"You're right."

"Just prepare everything for tonight. I'll drive by myself you can take Mr. lee to the dinner. Ask the finance team for the company cards, use it well."

"I will. Thank you."


 




"It's an important event. Imagine if all those conglomerate who has famous brand use you as their model for promotion. It's a rain shower for our agency, Yeri."

Yeri is still annoyed to Irene who was forcing her to attend the gala dinner.

"But then i'll be alone."

"You're the star. Do you actually think, i'll you in that kind of formal event?"

Well, not really, but she's just too stressed to faking her smile and acting like her life is fine when in fact is not. She's on the verge of asking break to Irene, for simply makes her heart at ease. Her repetitive nightmare still won't stop..for 3 freaking months.

Even though she never met Jungkook in real life ever again because she keeps avoiding him every time she has a chance, he still won't leave her alone on her dream.

"You'll be fine. I'll drop you off and waiting at the parking lot till you're done. I won't go anywhere."

Irene give Yeri's hand a squeeze and it's actually makes her feels better.

 

***

 


"You looks pretty, unnie"

Well, thanks to her stylist and her make up team who's doing so much effort to make this kind of illusion for the perfect Yeri. She does looks pretty, she's wearing a silk dress, blue navy colored, y and a little bit agressive because it makes her looks so much more matured. But still looks very formal. She refuse to styling her hair excessively, so she's doing nothing on it. She just put a hair clip on it.

"Unnie. If i told you something absurd, will you call me crazy?"

Yeri is on her way while Irene is driving her, when she's thinking to let her know about her problem.

"It depends."

"If i told you, someone is trying to kill me.."

"What?"

Irene believes it. She looks surprised and really worried, she even stopped the car and makes Yeri turn her face to her.

"How? When? We need to makes a report."

"For the past few months."

"Who?"

"Someone is trying to kill me, in my dream."

Irene's eyes looks confused when Yeri told her the real story.

"What do you mean? then it's not real."

"It feels real."

"You're just too tired, Kim Yeri. And stop with your diet. It could make everything worse."

Well..that's exactly how she expect Irene to react. The whole thing is absurd, even she's having a hard time to deal with it.

"Unnie. I want you to standby. I’ll call you if i want to go home."

"Alright, good luck."

Yeri is staring at the hotel building when she finally out from the car. Time to do what she's good at. Acting.

"Your invitation, miss?"

One male staff wearing a suit is asking her for the invitation and she gave it to him with a smile.

"I'm a fan." He looks nervous while he's checking it.

"Thank you."

"Enjoy the party."

Yeri is walking slowly because it does feels annoying to do this type of personification when she's not in the mood. Someone is helping her to open the ballroom door, and she finally inside.

Irene is right, this is a huge event, it's so formal and full with power people, Yeri can see that everyone is rich at this party. She's glad because looks like camera is restricted at this party. That means no one will ask a picture of her, and media is also not here. It's private.

"Yeri-ssi."

"Oh, Mr. Han." Yeri is bowing her head and takes Mr. Han’s hands before she shakes it lightly.

She worked with him for a project earlier this year, it's nice to actually has someone who you recognized at this kind of place.

"My wife." She's continuing her smile when Mr. Han introduced his wife to her.

"You're so pretty." She replying her compliments with a smile.

"Yeri-ssi! Here."

And here they are, the reason why she's attending this party, people from the travel agency. They really treat her good after the success of their promotion, they gave her bonus and few millions worth of free trip to various destination using their service, so of course Yeri couldn't be rude to them even though she really want to do it.

"Good Afternoon." Yeri is greeting them, and one of the female employees told her to get on the stage.

"No..no..it's ok."

"Eyy..don't be like that, you're part of the team now."

She was dragged and even if she refused, these people is not giving up so she's finally standing on stage, surrounded by people she doesn't know well.

"Attentions!"

And now every guest focusing their attentions to the stage when the announcement was made through a huge mic.

"We welcome you to our humble party tonight, to celebrate the success of our company. Standing in front of you is our team who worked so hard for the past few month.."

Everyone on stage is bowing their head to the audiences, when they received a very loud applause. Yeri is doing the same thing, the announcement continue with one person introduced everyone who's taking a part on this project. She knows she'll have her turn too.

"And for our star..the pretty Miss Kim Yeri!"

She is waving her hand to the audiences and giving them a wide smile. She's so getting used to this.

"Last but not least, someone who came out with the most creative idea ever, he's here to presented his team, Mr. Jeon Jungkook." Yeri lost her smile right away, when someone is taking an empty spot next to her.

Jungkook is hesitate to get on the stage when he knows Yeri is also there. He knows something is not fine between them. He give a light bow to everyone while walking to the stage, but his focus completely distracted by Yeri. In his dream, she's wearing a white nightgown with dirts and bloods all over her. Let alone an expensive dress or makes up, she just looks really miserable. He is taking a glance to Yeri, when he find her put her hand behind her back, it's shaking, her eyes looks empty and there's no more smile on her face. He can not hear anything but her heavy breath and his own heartbeat.

"Thank you and enjoy the gala."

He finally able to pick up his sense when everyone star leaving the stage, only Yeri is still there, standing without doing anything, so he offers his hands but she completely ignores it.

"Kim Yeri-ssi!"

Yeri is busy to reach for her phone on her handbag, she want to go home. Especially after she realized that Jungkook is following her and calling her name. She never heard him speak in her dream.
She's losing focus and ended up drop her bag and everything inside it. She want to leave it, but her phone is also there, so she decide to kneeling down and picking it up when another pair of hands is helping her. It's Jungkook’s.

She's still have no courage to look at him, so she choose to stare at the floor. She's already so close with breaking down to tears.

"Thank you."

Her voice is shaking so much but she still manage to said it to Jungkook, she turn her body from him quickly but his hand is holding her.

"I'm not going to hurt you."

And what he said is enough to makes her break down. She has teary eyes right now. But again, she can act, she's an actress, this is easy. She hold Jungkook's hand from her arms and tossed it lightly.

"I don't understand what are you talking about."

He actually looks as confused as her as stressed as her. He loose his ties and letting out a heavy sigh when their eyes finally met.

"Yes, you do."

And that moment she realized. It's not gonna be easy to run away from Jungkook, just like in her dream. He is persistent. Her status as celebrity is totally not helping. Few peoples start noticing her interaction with Jungkook and pay attention to them. This is not good.

"Good bye."

Yeri is bowing her head quick to him and walking fast out from the ballroom. She's trying to call Irene but she's not picking up.

***

Jungkook stopped at the lobby when he finally found Yeri, she's trying to call someone and looks so frustrated. She's crying and he can see her wipe her tears for few times. He feels bad but it's no use if they keep avoiding each other. They shared the same weird nightmare for the past few months and he wants an explanation.

"Kim Yeri-ssi!" She's flinched when Jungkook standing next to her.

"Can you please leave me alone. Please."

And it's a really familiar request for him. Yeri’s been saying that to him on his nightmare for more than a hundred times. Begging him to leave her alone and spare her life.

"Who are you?" But instead of following what she said Jungkook just keep pushing her with new questions.

"Do we know each other? Have you met me before? What are you doing to me right now?"

And it's enough to makes Yeri looks annoyed and angry at him. It's on his nature to become an annoying person.

"I.."

Yeri is so loss at words. As if she has answers for his questions. Honestly speaking her situation is far worse from Jungkook. She's the one who’s being chased and tortured. If anything, she should be the one who asking him the questions.

"Let's talk."

Yeri lift her face to him when he talks. Persistent.

 

***

 

"I'm only doing this because you won't leave me alone and people start paying attention. I am no ordinary person. You can't treat me as one."

Yeri talk to Jungkook when they arrive at a fancy restaurant at the same hotel. She said what she said to hide her fears of him. She’s trying to be cocky and act like Yeri who is annoying and rude.


"Over here, Sir."

Jungkook is not responding to what she says and following one of the staffs who's showing their table, at the corner of the room.

Yeri is still busy with her phone to text Irene and calls her again. She is aware a few people starting to recognized her, she can sense their stare and their attentions. Well..she's coming here in full make up, wearing a dress, styled hair with a mysterious man. People who knows her must be really curious.

But she doesn’t care about it right now, it could be her problem later, the most important thing is now she’s stuck with a murderer. A nightmare is a nightmare but she can not erase the fact that Jungkook is trying to kill her and she can remember every single thing about it.

"What do you want to eat?"

Yeri is raising her eyebrows when Jungkook talk to her like this is some kind of a blind date, like he wasn't put a gun on her head or a dagger on her neck on daily basis.

"No, thanks." Yeri is talking while giving the menu back to the waitress.

"Two cup of coffee." The waitress leave immediately when he finally write down what Jungkook ordered for them.

Yeri is definitely uncomfortable with this and Jungkook can see it from her expression. She's scared of him, that's for sure.

"Do i know you?"

He gets back to her with new question because he just want an explanation for this absurd thing.

"Everyone know me, do i need to explain why your employees choose me to starred in your advertisement?" She's a natural so acting like this is not hard for her.

"Do you think it's possible for me to have a random celebrity appear in my dream, for months?"

Yeri is blinking her eyes, taken aback, because everything is just so intriguing, so it's true that she's also appear in Jungkook's dream.

"and..what exactly happened in that dream?"

He looks so surprised with her question, his eyes is shaking and he start avoiding her stare.

"Are you really going to act like you don't know?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

She's getting caught lying and now she's the one who's avoiding his eyes.

"Then why are you avoiding me? why did you made that stupid request on your contract? why did you cried when you see me? explain it."

Jungkook talks really fast, he looks so frustrated and Yeri feels not safe to be around him right now.

She feels a little bit calmer when the waitress served their coffee, and it makes her realized that this is not her nightmare. It’s a real life, it’s not only Jungkook and her who’s here. She's not running in an empty road while Jungkook chasing her.

"Thank you." She said thank you to the waitress, but Jungkook is not. He keeps staring at her.

"I was trying to kill you."

Jungkook continuing his talk after the waitress left them. He doesn't even know why he has this ability to speak casually about this. He just want this to end, even when Yeri in front of him is no longer looking fine. Her eyes is teary again, and her pretty face is becoming pale, she's trying so hard to hide it with a smile, but Jungkook can see it through her eyes.

"If that's what happened, do you think you're being too cruel right now? asking me to sit here and talking with you, when you know how i suffers because of you?"

Yeri quickly gets up from her sit, and walking away from him. It's doesn't makes sense at all.  And Jungkook can not do anything when she’s finally gone from his sight. Someone must be playing some weird game on him. This is so stupid.

"You're not the only one who's suffering."  He ended up drinking his coffee alone.