één

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )


Jungkook wakes up with a heavy breath, his entire body is sweating despite the air conditioner was set in 18 degree on his penthouse. The nightmare is back, the same nightmare which has been haunted him since few weeks ago.

“What is wrong with me?” He doesn’t usually has nightmare, the repetitive one on top of that. This is so weird.

He has an important meeting at 8AM tomorrow morning, so he decide to take some sleep pills to makes it easier for him to fall asleep again. And it helps.

 




"You looks totally worn out."

Jimin, his business partner, his bestfriend and the only one who knows about his problem.

"I had nightmare, again."

"You need to stop watch scary movies or playing games."

"It has nothing to do with that."

Lea, her secretary is coming to him in the middle of his conversation with Jimin asking him for a sign. He read what is written on that and give back the document to her.


"I want this project to finish at the end of next month, or everyone who's handling this will get fired, you included."

Lea is nodding her head in horror, this is just her  fifth month working as Jungkook's secretary.

"You're doing great, Lea."

"Thank you, sir."

She feels a little bit happy when Jimin, her another boss is treating her better than how the way Jungkook treat her.


 

***


Jimin is back to giving Jungkook a glare when Lea finally out from their office.

"It's the 4th person in a year. Jungkook-ah."

"Not my fault that all those girls are incompetent."

"They're not incompetent, you're just difficult."

Jimin is actually tired for treating every employees with extra care because of Jungkook and his antics.

"People hates you, don't you know that?"

Jungkook is smiling to him instead of reflecting, and it's honestly enough to makes him annoyed.

"I know."

"Then?"

"I'm looking for money and power, i don't need to be nice for that."

"Crazy kid."

Jungkook is waving his hand to Jimin as he’s out while taking a few document with him. This conversation is not new for him, his friend is always complaining and lecturing him for more than dozen times in a month regarding this. But this is him. He's just cursed with this horrible personality and huge greeds of power and money that makes him come out as a really difficult person and seems like no one could change that.


 




"Yeri. Photoshoot at 9. Come on, wakes up." Kim Yeri is groaning on her bed when she heard Irene's voice, her boss.

"5 more minutes, unnie."

"You'll be late."

"Fine."

Yeri has no quality sleep since few weeks ago, after a weird nightmare which felt so real is haunted her at least three times a week. That, combined with her busy schedule, every day feels like a torture for her.

"Bona, i want one iced americano, and one cheese croissant as my breakfast."

She finally wakes up and in the middle of preparing for the photoshoot  now, two people is doing her hair and one person is doing her makeup.

"I understand, unnie."

"You need to stop treating her like that."

Irene is her representative, her boss with tons of experience and she knows her the best. They've been working together for more than 5 years.  Yeri is a popular celebrity, she's a star with not-so-good image, people called her personality trash for being arrogant and cocky. She's successful because even though people hates her, she doesn't choose to being fake about it. She admit that she has this y personality that makes people hates her, but then her work is so good, she's gorgeous too, and in the end people pay less attention to the bad part of her.
She doesn't really socialize much either, so the only one who experienced her bad behaviour is no one but people who close with her, manager and assistants most of times. People only hates her because  they listened to what other said about her.


"Americano and Croissant cheese isn't even that hard to find."

"It's 5 AM, kid. Where do you think she'll find it?"

"I don’t care, she will somehow."


Irene is left because she feels really annoyed by Yeri's behaviour. The woman is a complete trouble, but far from bad, that's why she manage to stay and work with her for years. Almost none of her staff is leaving her because even though Yeri treating them bad, she still care for them.

One time, She was stood up for one of her youngest stylist when she was harrassed by a famous producer in an award show backstage, Yeri was cut from some huge project because of that. She's actually a nice kid, but just annoying.

"What kind of product is it?"

Yeri was given a catalogue and project concept regarding a photoshoot she's going to do this morning.

"It's a product from travelling agency, a touring package, the CF was made by this famous advertising company."

Yeri flips the paper, trying to understand the concept and what kind of image she needs to shown later.

"It looks serious."

She knows people who made this concept is a bunch of professional because everything looks super good, creative, and smart. One of her assistant giving her a nod and she became serious too.

"You really need to give a good work, because the team who's responsible for this project will get fired by their boss if they failed."

Yeri is looking at her confused, because why would anyone do that? The whole team is like 20 people , is there anyone who has guts to fired 20 people at the same time? then who's going to work ?

"Really?"

"Yeah, that's why they hired you, even though our agency put a high price for your contract regarding this. They have high expectation for you"

"That sounds like a lie to me."

"No, it's true, the crazy boss is young and fearless, so i think it's possible."

"I'm curious now."

"He'll be there to see how you're doing."

"Here's unnie."

Yeri finally finished her preparation for the photoshoot when someone handing her a box of croissant cheese and one cup of iced americano.

"2 hours. Really?"

Irene who saw the scene is already loss at words and doesn't really want to involve with what Yeri is doing right now.

"I was waiting for the store to open and..."

"But you still take  2 hours."

"I did."

"Can you do it in 1, next time i asked?"

She take a sip of the drink while talking and let someone put a jacket on her.

"Of course."

"Ok, fine."

The girl named Bona looks relieved when she heard that. She give Yeri a bow, and Irene give her a pat on her back.

 





"Why won't you let me work here in peace for just one day?"

Jimin is talking to Jungkook who looks really bothered by his schedule to watch a photoshoot today. He’s been complaining about it since this morning.

"Let's switch."

"No, that project is your responsibility, you were the one who signed the document ."

Jungkook is loosing his ties and still trying to convince Jimin to come instead of him.

"Don’t you want to know how good that team work after being threatened by you for the past few months?"

"I just need to see the result."

Their conversation interrupted by Lea who told Jungkook that it's time to go. And he no lpnger has a choice.

"Kim Yeri who is she?"

Jungkook is staring at the paper Lea give to him on their way to their car. The model name is Kim Yeri, he never heard it before, which is totally makes sense because he doesn't actually care about celebrity at all.

"She's very popular, sir. Pretty, young."

"Younger than you?"

Lea looks taken aback with his question, she shakes her head really quick.

"No, but she's younger than you."

"I don't want my advertisement came out as childish because the model is young. I want it to be elegant."

"Miss  Kim Yeri is really good, sir."

Jungkook is mocking what she said and giving her a bitter smile.

"You better be right."

Lea is not saying anything when they finally reach the car. She take a sit next to Mr. Lee, Jungkook's personal driver and her boss take the back seat. He's not doing anything except staring at the road and sometimes busy with his phone.

"We're here, sir."

Lea notified Jungkook when they finally arrived at a studio where the photoshoot for their advertisement taking place.

"You guys must be spent a lot to rent this one, hope it's all worth it."

Lea hates him and this side of him the most, the money hungry full with calculation type of boss is just the worst, Jungkook also rude and strict, he's more like a dictator with trashy behaviour, none of her co-worker like him. As for her, he is bad but not to an extent where she can not appreciate him. Jungkook is smart and really profesional. He is young, there's only 5 years different between her and him meanwhile the rest of her senior who's working on this project is way older than Jungkook.

He is quite objective as a boss, and that is one of the best trait he has. He'll give people who’s good at their work a compliment and incredible respect. While he's really strict to worker who’s bad at his work. He's honest with his opinion. It's just his standard is too high, so not many people able to included on his circle of trust, many more others thrown away in such a horrible way by him. He doesn't care about anything else but skills and competences.

"I hope so too."

She is following Jungkook from behind, and give a smile to her fellows team when they welcomed him with a 90 degree bow.

"Is miss Kim Yeri here already?"

Jungkook stare at Lea when she talk with others employees and decide to roaming around by himself while she's checking the situation. He find Lea is walking upstairs to check the model. And he's a little bit satisfied with the way she works. She’s good.



***

"Excuse me."

Yeri just finished wearing her dress for today's photoshoot when someone came to her, she give her a smile because she knows she's probably one of the people who gave her the job, judging from her appearance and name tag.

"Hi."

She greets her casually because she looks really stressed and nervous,  she's probably part of the team who's on the verge of getting fired if this project failed.

"I'm Lea." She give her a bow, and Yeri is doing the same thing to her.

"I can read it on your id."

This Lea girl is smiling when Yeri said that. She looks cute and totally different with her.

"You're so pretty."

Yeri is staring at her reflection on a huge mirror in front of her when Lea said that. She has to admit that the clothes and the concept they pick for this advertisement is clever . They're promoting a tour package to southern europe, so she was dressed like some kind of goddess, she's wearing an extension for her hair to looks longer,and a small crown on her head. Her eyes are sparkling because the makeup team making her look like that, and Lea is right, she think herself as something pretty on this.

"Thank you."

Lea is offering her hands to her and Yeri take it right away.

"Please save me, Kim Yeri-ssi."

She said that words, half joking half serious, and Yeri take a glance to one of her assistant, looks like she's not lying about the crazy boss thing she said to her earlier.

"Is that true?"

"What is it?"

"That your boss is going to fired everyone if this project failed."

Lea looks surprise with he question, so it's not hard for Yeri to making a conclusion that she’s right.

"No, it's not." She's lying.

"5 minutes."

One of the male staffs informing Yeri and her team to get ready downstairs because the photoshoot will begin shortly.

"Good luck."

Yeri give Lea a smile, before rushing to walk downstairs with everyone surrounding her, holding her dress and fixing her hair as they walk.

 

***


"It's started."

Jungkook is accompanied by one of his staff when he realized the photoshoot is going to start soon.

"Where is Lea?"

He is a little bit annoyed when he can not find his secretary in times like this, and it's even more annoying when he see her holding dress from the model who's walking on stairs.
The model’s face is hidden by a few hands which is working on her hair and her makeup. Jungkook hates celebrity the most, they looks like a puppet and far from independent.

"It's going to start soon." Lea is finally come to him, and he's glaring at her.

"Are you working for her or me? "

"I'm sorry."

Jungkook is not saying anything to her until she start to talk again.

"She's so pretty."

He is following Lea's gaze to a huge monitor behind him where the photoshoot's result shown in a real time.

 

***



"He’s here." Yeri's assistant talk to her after she finished a last touch on her hair.

"Who?"

"The crazy boss i told you earlier. He's right behind me."

Her assistant is left after saying that and she can finally see Jungkook.

Do you ever imagine about a man on your dream came out to life? real..as a person. That's what Yeri thought when she saw Jungkook, but the thing is the dream is not the usual dream, it's a nightmare, a horrible nightmare.

"Ya! what's going on?"

Yeri can heard one of her make up team’s voice from her side when she realized that she begins to cry. She has tears on her eyes, with severe headache and pain in her stomach, she can't breath.

"It's her."

"Excuse me, sir? what is it?" Lea can only catch a very thin voice from Jungkook, so she asked him about it, but he's not responding nor answering anything.

"Kim Yeri!"

But her attention is distracted when Yeri collapsed and fainted in front of her, everyone is surrounding her and she became panic and worried too. Both for Yeri and for this project.
She's stealing glance at Jungkook, but he does nothing. He's petrified on his position, there's no angers, disappointment, or rage on his eyes. It's just empty.

 

 



Thanks for reading