Twaalf

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

“Good Morning, Sir!” Jungkook give Lea an awkward laugh when she keep saying it’s morning, when in fact it’s already 11 AM. Almost lunch. He’s late.
 

“Anyone complaining about me being late?”
 

Lea give him a smile, because there’s no one who’s complaining.
 

“No, sir. They appreciate what you did about Minchae and they understand..”
 

It’s true, this morning Minchae is telling everybody her experience and how Jungkook is helping her. They don’t believe it at first, but when she showed them a few pages of sketch Jungkook made yesterday, they kinda see him in a new light.
 

“Good.”
 

“Sir, there’s a phone call for you earlier..”
 

“From who?”
 

“Kim Yeri-ssi’s mother. She asked if she can see you today..”
 

Lea can see a drastic change from Jungkook’s expression, looks like this is his first time dealing with something like this. The parents of your girlfriend. It’s just a little thing for some people, but maybe it’s quite big for people like Jungkook who barely having a connection with others in a personal way.
 

As far as she knows, Jungkook doesn’t really have family who close with him. His parents are died and so does his sister.
 

“So..can I see her ? I mean my schedule..is it possible for me to see her?”
 

He looks so lost.
 

“Not today, but I can arrange it for sometime this week..”
 

“Do it then.”
 

“I understand, sir.”
 


 

“Ok. Cut, Good Job, Yeri.”
 

Yeri is bowing her head to the crew while taking off her costume. It’s a leather jacket, heavy and hot.
 

“Unnie, you’re lucky that you’re good at using gun. Your performance was great and the director is no longer annoyed.”


Bona is handing her a cup of orange juice and Jay is holding a portable fan for her.

 

“I don’t get it, your boyfriend told me he’ll drop you off, but why did you came here while running?”


Yeri gets inside her van followed by Jay and Bona who take the front seat.
 

“He was here. But I told him to go back.”

 

“You were with him last night?”


Bona is asking the question carefully. She knows it’s Yeri’s personal matter. She just really curious how she can change into a person who’s voluntarily let people invading her private place. Her heart is stone, how can she fall in love and having a relationship with someone she knew for months? It’s just doesn’t makes any sense for her.

 

“She was with him two days ago..and the other night too.”


Jay is the one who talks right now. He’s annoyed with the fact that Yeri having a relationship with Jungkook when few weeks ago, she tried really hard to denied it.

 

“I’m going to sleep.”


Yeri doesn’t know what to say to them, so she close her eyes, trying to gain her lost sleep from last night.

 

***

 

“I’m so glad everything turns out good for you.” Jungkook is having a dinner with Jimin after they’re done with their work.

 

“What do you mean good?”  He’s taking a sip of his red wine while acting like he knows nothing about what Jimin said.

 

“Your life.”

 

“Isn’t it too narrow minded to conclude my life is now good just because I gain my self a pretty woman as my girlfriend?”
 

Still broken, Jeon Jungkook. Jimin shakes his head and smiling at him.
 

“My bad.”
 

“My life is a mess, hyung..with or without Kim Yeri.”

 

“No, it’s not Jungkook-ah..your life was a mess. Now looks at you, you’re successful, people respect you, you don’t need to suffers anymore. “

 

Jungkook lift his face to Jimin and pouring him another glass of wine.

 

“My life is not messed up because I’m poor. It’s a mess because my sister got killed.”
 

“No one kill your sister, Jungkook-ah! How many times we need to talk about this? She was sick.”
 

Jimin is already lost his patience and he talks to him while hitting the table lightly. They’ve been talking about this for years. He’s already trying so hard to makes Jungkook changed his mind about this. He know he is not happy with their conversation because he walks away without saying anything. He doesn’t understand why Jungkook keep thinking that Sooyoung was murdered when she’s clearly not. He knows the story from his family, she was sick.  

 

***

 

“Unnie, we’re leaving in 5 minutes.”
 

It’s a busy morning in Yeri’s apartment right now. It’s already her fourth day of filming, the last day of this week.
 

“I’m coming.”  Yeri stare at a red dress still with its box on her bed. It was sent to her house yesterday, from Jungkook.
 

“Unnie!”
 

“Alright.”  There’s a smile on her face as she walks out from her room and dragged by Bona who looks so tired .
 

“This is the last day, and we’ll have a break for three days.” 


Bona is telling her the detail of today schedule. The filming for her solo scene is already done, and the only thing left is scene which was filmed with other actors.

 

“It’s only a 45 minutes short movie, right?”
 

“Yeah I think, an hour duration maximum. It’ll be screened in the movie festival 4 months from now.” Yeri is reading her script, and looks like all the detail is already provided here.

 

“What are you going to do with your break?” Bona is back with another question for her.
 

“Just the usual thing I did, sleep, eat, watch DVD, reads, you know how I spent my break..”
 

“But you have a boyfriend, now..”
 

“So?”
 

“I can arrange two days and one night stay at your favorite cottage..”
 

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. Just for your information me and Jeon Jungkook are barely know each other.”
 

Jay and Bona looks confused and now looking at Yeri, demanded an explanation.
 

“But..he’s not a bad person, right? At least?”
 

“ I don’t know.”


 


 

“She is here, sir.”

 

Lea knows Jungkook is not good at handling this kind of meeting. He postponed this meeting for two days with busy as his reasons when she clearly know that he isn’t.

 

“Over here, Mrs. Kim.”
 

She give Yeri’s mom a smile as she walks in to Jungkook’s office. Her impression of Mrs. Kim is good. She’s friendlier than Yeri at least. She looks older than her own mother at home, but she can clearly know that she is so much richer. She’s wearing a great clothes, a nice bag, and her body is great for a woman in her 50s.

 

“Thank you, Miss..”
 

“Lea, my name is Lea.” Lea is offering her hand to her and she shake it lightly.

 

“Take a sit.”
 

Jungkook is joining them and this Mrs. Kim doesn’t looks awkward at all, instead of taking a sit just like how Lea expecting her to do, she reach Jungkook’s hand and holding it tightly. Her boss looks totally taken aback and confused so does she. And the situation is even more odd, when she said thank you to Jungkook with a teary eyes.
 

“Thank you very much.” She keep saying it until her voice cracking.
 

“Go get a drink for her.” Lea was told to leave by Jungkook, so she’s out very quickly.

 

“Are you ok?” Jungkook helps Mrs. Kim to sit on his couch and giving her a glass of water brought by Lea.

 

He doesn’t know how to do this since, he rarely interact with old people, parents, family. He’s only interacting with business partner and clients. So things like this is new for him. He almost forget how to treat a parents since he no longer has one since 20 years ago.
 

“I’m sorry.”

She finally back to her sense and wipe her tears with a pretty handkerchief from her bag. She totally different from Yeri. She’s more calm, elegant, and careful with the way she act.
 

“You must be surprised that I came here to see you.”


She gives Jungkook back her glass, and told him to sit in front of her, instead of standing like a statue. She looks friendly.

 

“A little bit, yes.”

 

“I hope my daughter is not giving you a hard time.” Jungkook is laugh at her joke, she really is nice with social interactions. She smile a lot and making him comfortable.

 

“I can still handle it. It’s ok”

 

“Do you know about us, right? Me and my husband. You know that we’re exist, right?”
 

“Yes, of course. We met last week.” Mrs. Kim’s expression is becoming darker and she looks serious now.

 

“Before that, I mean...does Yeri ever talk to you about us? She didn’t tell you that we’re dead, right?” Kim Yeri, that kid. Just how bad her relationship with her parent is.

 

“She didn’t. I know about you, We were going to your place few months ago, I was going to pay you a visit..”

 

“But she said no.” Jungkook is fascinated by how accurate Yeri’s mom guessing what he’s going to say.

 

“Yeri said no. She told me, she doesn’t talk with you anymore.”

 

Mrs. Kim is taking a deep breath after hearing that, she looks troubled and also disappointed.

 

“For 15 years. So stubborn, my daughter.”
 

“I agree.”  There’s a smile on her face when Jungkook talk to her and agreeing with her statement.
 

“I came here to say thank you, Jungkook-ssi..”
 

Jungkook is not saying anything because he feels a little bit confused with this whole thing. Mrs. Kim saying thank you to him genuinely.
 

“I know, you’re probably not serious with her and thinking me coming here is a weird move but my daughter is….it’s my first time to see her care for someone this much. I heard about what she did when you were in the hospital. I’m surprised and thankful. Really.”
 

Mrs. Kim is wrapping his hands and staring at him with such a soft eyes.
 

“You’re talking to me like I’m doing such a great deed. It’s not like that. Yeri is a nice person, i’m comfortable to stay with her.”
 

“Still..it’s important. We almost thought Yeri will never find happiness ever again. Her life was a mess.   She was a mess.”
 

Just like his own life.
 

“What happened?”
 

“I made a mistake, me and my husband made a mistake.”
 

***
 

Jungkook and Mrs. Kim spend another hour to talk about Yeri and lot of things. He feel at ease while talking to her, she even writing down a list of food to makes him feel better after the hospital stay. He also told her about the food he ate back at Yeri’s place, and she promised him to bring it for him specifically.
 

“No, it’s ok. I’ll just take it from Yeri.”
 

“Write down what you like and i’ll made it for you.”
 

Mrs. Kim is really fond of Jungkook, if her son is still here, he probably has similar life with him. Running a company at such a young age, made a business deal, showed up in an article about economy and business, she knows Seokjin is more capable than anyone.

“Is there anything wrong?” She’s back to reality when Jungkook ask her a question.

 

“No.”


“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to Yeri about this..”


“No, don’t. I came here not for that. I just want you to give this to her.”

It’s a four piece of notebooks, To Kim Yeri is written on every cover of that books.

“I’ve been writing this for years, I still have more back at home. This is all the things I want to say to my daughter, can you give this to her?”

He can’t believe it, this is really such a great thing to do. He can see how much Mrs. Kim care for her daughter. It’s remind him to his life when he was younger. He probably not as rich as Yeri when he was a kid, when his parents still alive, but he’s still happy and interact with them often. He appreciate them.

“Do you want to do it, by yourself? If what you said about me changing her for the better is true, then why don’t you try one more time?”

 


 

“Unnie, you’re done for today.”
 

Yeri says goodbye and give everyone a bow, when the last day of first round filming for her short movie is done. It’s exhausting but fun.

 

“Is Jay already bring my car?”

 

“Yes, your car is here already.”

 

“Then you can go home with Jay, i’ll drive by myself. “

 

“Ok, be careful, Unnie.”
 

Yeri is finally get into her car, after cleaning up herself and change her clothes. She checks her phone and there’s two missed calls from Jungkook. She was going to call him back but her phone is ringing again. It’s him.

 

“Hello?”

“Where are you right now?”


“Me? I’m still at my filming location. I’m already done, though. Why?” Yeri stare at her watch, it’s still 7 PM. It’s still early, Jungkook is probably still at his office working on something.

“Can you come to my house, I need your help for something.”

“Are you sick again?”

“Sort of.”

And the phone call ended.

 

***

Yeri arrived at Jungkook’s place 30 minutes later. She was here last week. And the doorman at the first floor is already familiar with her. She came in right away, because if Jungkook is really sick, then he won’t possibly willing to open the door for her.
 

“I’m here.” She’s screaming as soon as she enter his living room, but what she find in there is really ruining her mood, completely.
 

“What are you doing here?” It’s her mom, sit next to Jungkook who totally looks fine.
 

“Yeri..i..”
 

“I invited her.”


Yeri is completely not happy, and that moment Jungkook realized the thing she had with her parents is really bad.

 

“I just want to give you something..”  He stare at Mrs. Kim who knows walking to Yeri’s direction and giving her the books she has earlier. Her hand is shaking.


"Why are you doing this?” Yeri is not accepting the book, but stare at her with tears on her eyes. She really disappointed.
 

“I’m sorry.”
 

“She’s not at fault, I bring her here.”
 

Yeri is now staring at Jungkook and looks at him with so much disgust. What right he has to do this?
 

“Are you trapping me, right now?”
 

“No, he’s not. I asked him a favor.”
 

“Let’s talk.”
 

Yeri walked away from her mom, when Jungkook drag her hand to his office, she let herself out from his grip, angry, annoyed, embarrassed.
 

“Just hear her out.” He talks like, it's not a big deal.. and Yeri really is offended by that.
 

“How many times do I need to tell you to stay away from my business? We’re doing this for fun, you have no right to tell me what to do just because I had with you once.”
 

It’s not like Jungkook is not aware Yeri and her behaviour which sometimes require more patience to dealing with. Just like right now, she’s being so rude and judgmental over this matter.
 

“I’m not doing this for you. I’m helping a middle aged woman who told me that her daughter is..”
 

“Since when you care about people? Since when helping others is included on your agenda? We’re both trash and evil, we don’t help others..it’s not what we’re doing.”

 

Jungkook is quite amused by what she said, because he thought that he already good at dissing people but turns out Yeri is better.
 

“Stop lying to yourself.”
 

Yeri’s a little bit taken aback with what he said, so she respond nothing to him. She’s sweep her hair back and look at Jungkook, waiting for more words from him.
 

“Others probably don’t bother to tell you this, but as someone who’s been watching you dealing with your parents and your problem with them. I think you really need to give a chance, not for them but for yourself, you deserved it...”
 

Jungkook walk to her and put his hand on her head, caressing it lightly, and make her eyes met with him in a quick movement. He stare at her eyes, and he knows he’s not wrong about this.
 

“Even though I live my life like this, I can guarantee you that my parents is not one of the reason I turns like this. You’re lucky you still have them.”
 

Yeri is still watching him without any words, when he’s out from the door.
 

“I’ll buy something for our dinner.”
 

It’s obvious, he left her with her mother in purpose.


 

***

 

“I can go too.”  Yeri is finally alone with her mom, when Jungkook leave the house. Things get so awkward and even her mom is offering herself to go.

 

“No, sit.” She takes a sit in a huge couch and told her mom to follow her.

 

“He is a good man.” Yeri knows her mom is talking about Jungkook.

 

“I still don’t know about that.”

 

“He...He..reminds me of..”

 

“No, don’t say it.”

 

Yeri also has this thoughts since the very first time he met Jungkook on her nightmare. He kinda similar with her brother, his face, his successful life, his approach and his skill on business. Seokjin was like that too.

“I’m really sorry.” And now her mom is broke into tears, lots of it.
 

Back when she was a kid, Yeri really likes to be with her mom. The only girl friend she has is her. She usually talk to her mom every time she’s back from work. She’ll styling her hair before she went to work, and making her a braid. She’s busy, but Yeri never hates her mom as a kid. She loves her, so much. But things are changed and her hatred is stronger than her love. She just need to blame someone for the messy life she has and her mother is one of the reason.
 

“I don’t know how to react, Yeri-ya..I never lost a brother before, and you never lost a son..We were dealing with it poorly.”

Of course they were, her mom was unable to take care of her because she’s busy with her own guilts.

 

“I was wondering, if I left your father and take your side, blaming what happened to Seokjin to him, will you be able to forgive me..”

 

“You are not innocent.” And that is Yeri’s first word after awhile.

 

“I know, that’s why I don’t want to portray myself as one. Your father is the only one who understand me, we’re both lost a son because of our mistake and we need each other to deal with it... we ended up forgetting about you..We should’ve help you, but we let you to deal with it by yourself to the point where we lost you both. We’re really sorry.”
 

Mrs. Kim aware what kind of mistake she did to Seokjin and Yeri as a parent, as a mother. It is true that tragedy was the one who take her son away from her, but her way to dealt with it is the one that take her daughter away from her. She remember when Yeri need to receive therapy from doctor and at the age of 14 because she keeps blaming her and her husband about what happened. She said she’s going to kill her parents at the age of 14, and instead of embracing her, she ended up send her for a medical treatment, because she’s too scared to deal with her. Yeri is working hard and finally pull through the darkest time and recover, but she’s not her daughter anymore. She lost her.

 

“Here’s all the thing I want to say to you for all times you refused to talk to me. I wrote everything.”

Yeri takes the book from her hand, and things honestly complicated and hurt for her. She knows how bad the tragedy affecting her and her family. She blame her parents because she was too scared to blame herself.

 

***

 

Jungkook stare at his watch before he enter his apartment, one hour is enough for Yeri and her mom to talk, right?

He walk very slowly to his living room, afraid if he’s interrupting anything, but the only thing he saw is Yeri who is crying on his couch, while reading a few pages of book her mother gave her. She totally looks sad and hurt with this whole thing and it makes him feels bad for her. No matter how much Yeri want to call herself a trash, he knows she’s so much more than that.

“Feel better?”  Yeri is aware about his existence and trying really hard to wipe her tears.
 

“I was going to go.” She’s rushing to put all the books to her bag, and fix her clothes and her hair.

 

“How was it?”  She’s already halfway to  the front door but Jungkook is holding her arms and pull her back, so she now stands in front of him.

 

“Don’t expect me to say thank you.”

 

“I don’t.”  Jungkook is laughing at her and pat her head as he said it.

Yeri is thankful to him more or less, for being kind to her mom and making her comfortable. It’s very nice of him.

 

“I bought you food already, eat before leave.”

 

A dinner. Yeri should add this one as a list of reason to why Jungkook is lying about this relationship is only for fun. Dinner is serious.

 

“Are you done filming?”

 

“No.”

Yeri is a little bit uncomfortable with common question, she doesn’t want to expect something grande from her relationship with Jungkook, and it’s not helping if he keeps treating her well.

 

“Are you still mad or something?”  He talks to her without looking at her when he realized Yeri answered his question in such unfriendly way.

 

“Listen, I’m not comfortable with this.”

 

“With what?”

 

“This..you know my family, having a dinner with me, asking me how’s my life doing..this is too serious. I barely know you, and this is just not our plan anymore.”

 

To put it simply, Yeri is scared. Jungkook was her nightmare and her fears, well he’s still is..but then they also have this. A semi serious relationship with emotion involved. This is just weird.

“I don’t have a family, Jimin hyung is the only one I have, my parents died. There’s no more thing you need to know about me.”


He’s right about that, but that’s not what she meant.

 

“You’re still my nightmare.” She doesn’t want to bring this to their conversation but the thing that makes her still scared is this one.

 

“Right.” 

Yeri stopped talking when she realized that Jungkook is still having a hard time dealing with this.  An idea is coming to her, not a good one maybe worth to try.

 

“Do you want to go to a trip with me?”

 

“What trip?”

 

“I have 3 days break started tomorrow, just a trip..a break..”

 

Jungkook never been on a trip which is not a business trip. He rarely get a break, he probably never have one for the past few years he’s working. He has day offs, and he spent it alone mostly.

 

“Let’s learn about each other better before we made big decision like you bring my mother here.”

 

“She came to me first.”

 

Yeri is already lost her appetite to eat and now, the only thing she’s doing is staring at Jungkook, demanding an explanation about what was going on between him and her mom.

 

“She came to see me today, at my office.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. She was crying and she said thank you.”

“For what?”

“For willing to entertain you maybe.”  He left the table and bring his left over food back to the kitchen. He’s joking.
 

“I’m not seeking an entertainment from you.”  She’s following him because she wants a serious answer instead of a joke.
 

“Then what do you expect from dating me? Money is not the answer because you also have a lot..so what is it, Kim Yeri-ssi?”
 

“What about you? What is your reason?”
 

Jungkook is back to cleaning up his dish and takes one can of beer from his fridge, he open it and drink it before he’s back to Yeri.

 

“I already told you. I like you.”

 

Right. He did.

 

“Ok, then same reason for me too.” It’s embarrassing and humiliating. Yeri left him because this is just so childish..

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Home.” Jungkook is still teasing her with his laugh and now he’s walking to her while grab her bag and put it back to his couch.
 

“She said thank you because I’m taking care of you despite..you know how difficult you are as a person.”
 

It’s so typical of her mother. Back when she was a kid and Yeri is having a trouble making friends and stuffs, she’ll be visiting a few peoples who’s willing to play with Yeri, thanking them and buying them gifts. She always so thankful to her for that, because that way she doesn’t feels lonely even though almost everyone is friends with her because of the gifts. And now here’s Jungkook..he only received the thank you note without a gift and he’s still here.

“I think I deserved a similar thing for keeping up with you, right?”

“Thank you. There you have it...I’ll be in my office all night, just stay and read what your mother write for you..”

Jungkook give Yeri a kiss on her cheeks as he gone to his office with one can of beer, his laptop and his phone.

Is it ok for her to do this? To be with Jungkook and doing all of this? Being happy and searching a new purpose for her life.

 



 

I saw your drama, you only appear for few minutes, but I was happy that I could see you. You looks pretty.

Yeri is already on the second book of his mother letter. This one was written 4 or 5 years ago, when she came out in a weekend drama with a minor role, she was 22 years old back then. These books, these words, everything totally sounds like what her mom will say to her if their family is not ruined, if Seokjin is still here.

She wrote it really well, she’s fun, caring, so lady like, and her words are pretty..just like how Yeri remembers her. She already shed so much tears.
 

It’s Seokjin’s birthday today. We always expect you to come home at this time, but I know how hard it is for you..i remember the day I came to you to apologized when I realized that I treated him better than how I treated you when you were a kid. I took a day off to take care of him when he was sick, but I just called a doctor for you instead. You were never complaining and i’m really proud of you..

Do you remember what you said when I asked you to forgive me, you were only 10 years old at that time..

“It’s ok mom, because just like you, I love him more than I love myself. He’s really nice and he’s the best brother for me..”

I know how much you love him and how much you care for him, and I am sorry for taking him away from you. I’m really sorry.
 

Now that she read this, she reminded to those days, when she was a kid, when she’s happy with her life. Her parents is really busy, it’s also not a secret that they prefer her perfect brother as their kid, instead of Yeri the trouble maker. She doesn’t really have friends to talk with, just a few people who stick with her and asking her to buy random things.

But back at home, there is her brother, he’s the one who teach her things and showing her how to live a life. He’s her parents, her friends, her teacher, her brother, he’s everything. And then one day, he was gone just like that. For a 14 years old kid, it does feels like her whole world was taken away by a random person, by a random girl, by someone she doesn’t even know..by someone who is dead.

Yeri can’t help but crying even harder, because everything feels new again. The hurt feeling is back, the hatred, the disappointment, it’s all here again, torturing her in a worse way than what her nightmare did to her. Worse than Jungkook who’s chasing her and trying to kill her.

 

***

It’s sad. The sounds of Yeri crying on his living room is sad. There’s no words that could explain it better. Jungkook has no work to do, he just stay here while reading some books he already read before. He can hear Yeri since the beginning, there was also a sound of her laugh and chuckles before, she must be reading something funny from that book.

But right now, he doesn’t know what she’s reading, she’s already crying for few minutes, and there’s still no sign for her to stop. It does makes him feels worried, because he’s familiar with this sight of her from his nightmare.

He decide to open the door and he can see her sitting on his couch, red eyes, sad expression and looks completely tired. She sweeps her hair back for a few times and wipe her tears with her fingers. There’s no Yeri who’s cocky and arrogant wearing an expensive clothes and pretty makeup, looking down at people around her. He just see, a young girl who’s crying after reading a letter from her mother.
 

“I can hear you all the way from there.”
 

It’s embarrassing to cry in front of Jungkook all the time, so Yeri is hiding her face behind her long hair because her tears won’t stopped.

 

“Sorry.” Yeri lift her face to him, and give him a quick smile.

 

“Do you want me to read that for you?”

 

He takes a sit next to Yeri, linking his arms around her shoulder and giving her a hug.

 

She shakes her head to him, and start crying again, even harder than before. He uses her shoulder to rest her chins, and she let him pat her back to calming her down.

 

When was the last time he ever did this to someone? Years ago. When her sister cried because she get fired from one of her job.

 

***

 

“I’m tired. Emotionally tired”

Jungkook is laughing as he watch Yeri laying down on his bed while closing her eyes. He knows having the nightmare will makes everything worse for her.

 

“I won’t sleep, the nightmare won’t happens  if one of us awake, right?” She looks disagree with what he said and ready to protest when Jungkook leave her, and out from his room.

 

Jungkook is walking around at his apartment first floor, thinking about a way to stop his nightmare. It doesn’t feels right for him to care for Yeri in real life, when he’s still want her dead inside their dream. It’s probably not related to what is going on in real life, considering he want Yeri to be happy and all but the nightmare tell him otherwise. What is their connection, what the cause, why did this happened at the first place? There's no answer, at least for now is a dead-end for him.

He ended up spending his night, working on some sketch at his dining room. This is not work, just something he want to draw. He spent hours on it. And it came out really good.

“Let’s take turn.”  Jungkook stopped what he’s doing when Yeri is out from his room, half asleep and take a sit next to him.
 

“No, it’s ok.”

 

“Is that me?” Yeri’s eyes is got bigger when she found what Jungkook working on as his sketch.

 

“You think so?”

 

He give her the sketch, and it’s obvious that he was drawing her, Yeri on her attire for that one CF, the one made by Jungkook and his team. It was months ago, but she still remember.

 

“Why are you being so nice to me?”  She talk to Jungkook in a little bit serious tone, because she’s kinda touched with what he did for her today, from her mom and this.

 

“You know i’m not a good person, you already saw how I treat my parents, i’m a mess, I’m not suitable for this kind of appreciation..”

 

“I’m just drawing you a sketch, i’m good. It’s not like i’m working hard on this..”

 

“I’ll let you know someone who actually kind and deserved this kind of attention from you.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Lea.” Jungkook is taking a glance to Yeri and give her a smile while hit her head lightly.

 

“No, i’m serious. She care for you, so much.”

 

“And that’s why she doesn’t deserved people like me..”

 

Yeri is confused with what just he said, what does that even means.

 

“You said it yourself, we’re both evil. Are you seriously thinking Lea who is kind and nice deserving people like me? Just because I’m not crying and ignoring my parents, that doesn’t means i’m better than you.”

 

Good point.

 

“So you’re like..feels better to deal with someone like me, because i’m not as good as others, technically.”

 

“If that is your conclusion then...”

 

“That’s fair.”

 

Maybe this is how destiny should play its role. Yeri and Jungkook is already mistreating tons of people and hurting them, the only fair thing to happened is for them to deal with each other.

***

 

It does take some time for Yeri to finally made Jungkook sleep, he’s agree to take turns for 3 and 2, 3 hours for Yeri to sleep, and 2 hours for him. Yeri is not as brave as his to roaming around the house at dawn, alone, so she decide to watch him sleep on his room, sitting on his huge desk full with expensive figurines, and some books.

He’s sleeping in such unattractive way, his hair is messy, and he moves a lot as he sleep. She never realized it before but Jungkook looks so much younger like this. He doesn’t looks serious. Yeri is still watching him with a huge smile on her face when a call from Bona was coming for her. At 2 AM in the morning.
 

“Bona? What happened?” It’s a little bit concerning that she’s calling her at time like this.

 

“Unnie, where are you?”

 

“I’m here at Jungkook’s place.” It does feels awkward to say it out loud, even to Bona.

 

“Good, stay there. Don’t come home.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I think a few of your  father’s employees is here, they’re staying at their car, like watching your apartment or something..”

 

“What?”

Yeri is furious, more than anything she doesn’t understand why her dad is doing this kind of again. She thought after Seokjin, he already learn something about leave his kid alone.

“I recognized some of them. “

“Alright, i’ll ask him about it. “

 

What is wrong with her dad.. she already expecting him to do something after they met at the anniversary party last week, but having people to keep an eye for her is a little bit too much, he never did something like this before, unless..

Does he know something about Jungkook?

 


 

“What do you mean they’re not moving?”

Yeri is already contacting Bona since early morning to ask about, her dad employees, and she said everyone is still there. This is a madness.
 

“I think you should stay there, Unnie.. do you think they will take you away?”
 

“No, my dad know how much I hate this kind of thing, he won’t dare.”

Her eyes met with Jungkook, who just got up and out from his room, he sleep for more than 5 hours, he looks guilty because of that, but Yeri has no time to deal with him, so she just mouthed it’s ok and told him to go. She doesn’t want him to hear this conversation.

 

“Do you think your boyfriend will be ok, if you stay?”

“I don’t know.”

“Try to ask." Yeri cut the phone call when Jungkook is out from his room, ready to go. It’s still 6.30 AM, too early.

“Where are you going?”

“Work.”  He drink her tea before give her a peck on her lips . His expression change and he reach his hand for a glass of water.

“It’s so bitter. What is it?”

“Herbal tea..for my diet.”

Yeri hold his hands and telling him to take a sit as she pour a cup of coffee she made earlier for Jungkook. She needs to ask him about staying here.

“I need to go.” But he’s really rushing.

“It’s still early.”

“I need to start early so i can finish early.”

Yeri fix his shirt because it has wrinkle in some part. She‘s still thinking about why Jungkook want to work so early when she’s here. It’s kinda annoying.

“Why?”

“We’re going for a trip, right?”  He takes his bag and walking downstairs while Yeri still processing what he said.

Well, they can go but first of all..she has a thing with her dad.

“Hey..can i stay here? For a couple of days. I mean after the trip..”

“Do you want to live here?”

“Just for a few days. I have situation.”

“Ok.”

Why it’s so easy to get a yes from him..