Zestien

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

“Good morning, Sir.”  Jungkook is finally reach his office where he can see Lea and everyone again.

 

“Good morning.”

 

“I told you I can handle it.” He’s welcomed by Jimin’s nag right after he enter his room.

 

“No, you can’t, hyung.” Jimin is walking to his desk with a smile, he already know what he’s going to say.

 

“It was fun.” So he talk to him before he could, his reaction is too extra and hilarious for Jimin, so he laughs at him even more.

 

“What was it?”

 

“I know, you’re going to ask me about the trip, my vacation..and well..it was fun.”

 

“I was going to ask you to fix your ties.”

 

Jungkook staring down at his ties, and taking it off fast, Yeri already warned him about this before.

 

“I really need to send a flower to your girlfriend. You looks really happy, Jungkook-ah.”

 

Jimin is leaving him and start working on his desk again while Jungkook is busy processing what he heard. He is happy, really?

 

 

“From this morning..hot news.”

Minchae is really high spirited to talk about few photos from the internet. It was some kind of blurry photo..of her boss..and her girlfriend.

“From where do you know, it was taken this morning?”

 

“He’s wearing the same clothes.”

 

“Don’t you think we should collect some money, and buy gift for Kim Yeri? She made our boss away for one whole day. She made Minchae not get fired, she made everything better.”

It was, one of their youngest editor who suggested that. It’s a stupid idea, but Lea know that almost everyone is agreeing with what he said. Jungkook is different since Yeri. Everything about him is easier for them to handle. Not to mention that he became more human with his command and his order as a boss.

 

“She already has gifts.”

 

“Why?” Lea doesn’t remember since when becoming so loose like this.

 

“Does Mr. Jeon told you to buy her gifts? Really? What was it? How much?”

 

The red dress from few days ago.

 

“Don’t tell me that red dress you bought….it was for her?” Lea asked Jaekyung to go with her when she bought it, because Yeri’s size is closer to her.

 

“What red dress?” Everyone is curious now.

 

“A pretty one, really expensive. Lea asked me to do the fitting..”

 

“I thought our boss will take someone who’s poor as a girlfriend, because I heard his life was also hard before this..turns out it’s just another rich people league.”

Everyone is already back to their desk, and now only Minchae, the one who’s still staring at the picture and talk to Lea.

“I will not lie. I admit, they super looked good together. Look at that posture..and the way they kissed. Do you ever see Jeon Jungkook smile that bright? He looks like a young boy.”

She is right, completely right. She never see that smile from him, not before Yeri.

 


 

Yeri spend her time with Irene talking about work, reviewing a few offers and then she began to ask her about her trip when they’re done.

 

“Where were you?”

 

“A place. A good one. I want to invest on something like that later.”

 

“What is it?” Irene is asking her while holding the rolling paper Jungkook gave her.

 

“I don’t know. He gave it to me.”

 

“Jeon Jungkook? Is this a gift?” Irene is opening the rolling paper with her hands and Yeri can see a wide smile is appearing on her face.

 

“He’s in love” She’s mumbling that words while showing Yeri what is on the paper.

 

It’s her. The rough sketch of her from few days ago made by Jungkook, came out as a great painting,with color and stuffs. It looks really great.

 

“It’s you right? In that one CF. He’s talented. This is great.”

 

Yeri takes the paper from Irene and looking at it very carefully. This is super pretty, the whole thing is great. There’s a small words written by him on that paper.

 

“Good luck on your journey.” Irene reading that words out loud while Yeri is smiling reading it.

 

“Are you going somewhere?” She turn her face to Yeri, totally looks confused.

 

“Home. I’m going home.”

 

Yeri left Irene who totally lost with what she said to  her room. She’s back to her after changing her clothes and styling her hair.

 

“Unnie, can I take a half-day off on next saturday?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Please.”

 

“You don’t have a shoot, but it’s a new month and you have this monthly meeting with your team, right?”

 

“I’ll go in the morning..”

 

“Fine. And where are you going now?” Yeri is wearing her shoes and her jacket, she even takes her bag and ready to go.

 

“I’m going to meet my mom. For a lunch, You can join.”

 

And this is another surprising thing for Irene. Since the first time she met Yeri, she never have a meeting with her parents, let alone a lunch. She’s always avoiding them if they met coincidentally. She has problems with them.

 

“Wow. That was great. Really great.”

 

Irene thinking that she probably need to send Jungkook something as a thankful gesture for finally fix the broken Yeri.


 

***



“Hyung. I’ll go.”  It’s still 3PM and the Jeon Jungkook is already leaving his desk. This is a sorcery.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Hospital.”

 

“Why? Are you sick again?” Jungkook is not answering his question but out from their office while wearing his jacket.

 

“Take someone with you, don’t go around by yourself when you’re sick..”

 

“I’m going there with someone. Don’t worry. Just get back to work.”

 

Jimin knows the someone is noone else but Kim Yeri, he just can’t think of anyone else. It’s really great to finally see him living his life like this. He suffered long enough. He deserved it.

 




“Why are you here?” Jungkook is a little bit surprised when Yeri asked him to pick her up in a fancy restaurant near the hospital instead of her apartment.

 

“I was having a lunch with my mom and Irene unnie.” She give him a hug when she finally sit next to him and it’s really good to see him often like this.

 

“And who is this doctor?”

 

“She is..my personal caretaker. Dr. Yoo is the only friend I have, she knows everything about me. She was treating me when I was a kid...you know after my brother died and this whole crazy thing..”

 

“So you tell her about me..” Yeri stare at him when Jungkook finally drive his car to the hospital and trying to find an empty parking lot.

 

“Sort off.”

 

“Alright, let’s go”


 

***



“I’ve heard a lot about you.”

Dr. Yoo is really caring, Jungkook can understand why Yeri choose to tell her everything and seeking for her help regarding this matter.

 

“So...this is what I got from Yeri..You were keep showing up on her nightmare even long before you met in real life..”

 

“You need to pay attentions that I have the same dream with him, the exact same one at the same time. How could this happened?”

 

Everyone is silent when Yeri ask that question, because not even Dr. Yoo has a concrete answer about this.

 

“Dreams usually reveal insight into hidden desires and emotions...”

 

Dr. Yoo is surprised when she find Jungkook’s expression got darker with only hearing one sentence from her.

 

“What’s wrong?” So she asked him about that.

 

“Do you know what I did on that dream?”

 

“No, Yeri won’t tell me. She just told me a nightmare.”

 

Yeri can not respond to anything when Jungkook give her a glare and left the room in a split seconds. Dr. Yoo looks confused but give her a smile.

 

“He’s a lot harder than you.” She said that while give Yeri a squeeze on her hand.

 

“I already have this long explanation, the neurobiology about REM, and how to treat a nightmare..but I guess he’ll be needing you more than me right now.”

 

Yeri nod her head to Dr. Yoo as she gets up from her sit, feeling wronged and confused with the whole thing.

 

“I asked you to tell me everything, but you said no.”

 

“You don’t need to know what was happened.”

 

“It won’t help either of you.”

 

Dr. Yoo open the door for her and give her a quick hug before Yeri is dashing out from the room, trying to find Jungkook. She doesn't want to tell people about him who's trying to kill her, she doesn't want others to judge him based on that story.

 





Yeri is continuing her filming and her work the next day. It was exhausting but also great. She spent so much energy and time to give the best performance. And it’s actually worth it, the only thing she heard is praises from people around her. Everyone is showering her with praise about her work and her personality which seems becoming better and brighter these days. Thanks to Jungkook. She’s always happy to be with him, everything looks so much easier and brighter when he’s around.

 

“Jay, can I ask you to keep this? I’ll take it back later.”

It’s someone from property’s team who’s handing Jay a big box.

 

“What is it?” Yeri ask him about it.

 

“It’a a gun you used for practice and filming. Unloaded, just a property. Can you keep it for awhile?”

 

“It’s illegal to have this in our country.” Jay doesn’t really like the idea so does Yeri.

 

“Just for a minute.”

 

“Ok, fine. You need to get it back before we get home.”

 

“I understand.”

Jay put the box to her van and now Yeri hold his arms while walking side by side with him.

 

“So what do I do?”
 

"We need Bona. Let's talk about this when we're home."
 

"Alright."

***

 

“You are busy, so i’m suggesting you to buy a cake instead of making it from scratch.”

Yeri is already reach her home with Jay and Bona on her living room, both of them are agreed to help her for tomorrow.

 

“Then go buy it for me tomorrow.”

 

“What kind of cake? what’s his favorite?”

 

Jay is ready to writing down the information, but Yeri just looks really confused with his question.

 

“I don’t know. Chocolate cake maybe? Everyone likes it.”

 

“Chocolate, ok.”

 

“Unnie, do you want us to help you for the decoration?”

 

Yeri is thinking hard about this, she did a movie where she made a surprise for a boyfriend few years ago. She doesn’t remember what to do on that.

 

“No, it’s ok. I won’t have time to do that anyway.”

 

“So just a cake, then?” She nod her head to Bona who looks displeased with her answer.

 

“How old is he? How many candles should I buy?”

 

“He is 29 years old.”

 

Her focus is distracted when she receive a message from her mother who told that her dad really want to see her as soon as possible. He’s still sending few of his minions to watch her, and now this.
Yeri literally have no will to see him. Tomorrow is also Seokjin’s death yearly memorial, she never attend and never went home for that. Why it should changed, just because her dad asking her to come.

 

"What is it?"
 

"Nothing." She shakes her head to Bona when she asked. It's a non-issue.

 

“I can’t believe you’re doing this.”  Bona is giving her a quick hug while saying that. She’s also surprised by what she’s doing now.

 

“He’s nice to me, so I think I should do something meaningful, for him.”

 




“Happy birthday.”

Jungkook is basically bothered with what Jimin did, coming to his room and bring a small cake at midnight when he’s asleep. Such a cruel move when he rarely have a peaceful sleep since the past few months.

“I should have sleep in my apartment.” 

He cover his entire body with a blanket and kick Jimin away when he ruffling her hair and then out from his room. He hates birthday. Always hates it.

He’s already wake up now, so checking his phone is an easy thing to do. There’s a few emails from random business partner, congratulating him for his birthday. His employees used to send him a birthday messages few years ago because Jimin told them to, as a joke. Jungkook hates it so much that he ended up making a rule for everyone not to do anything on his birthday. He has no memories of birthday anyway, he choose to go back to sleep.

Jungkook wakes up on his room right at 8AM on saturday. No one is coming here for work today. It’s just him and also Lea, who happens to have a small plan for her new designed costume. She asked him to come here alone, but again Jungkook doesn’t really trust anyone, so he choose to watching her doing her job.

 

“Good morning, sir”  He’s really baffled when Lea came to his room, with his clean clothes and a cup of coffee, just like the usual morning.

 

“It’s not your work hour, you don’t need to do this.”
 

“It’s a habit, Sir.”

 

“You can use the studio, and i’ll be watching you later.”  Jungkook take a sip of his coffee and Lea nod her head to him.

“Mr. Jeon, I know you hate this, but..Happy Birthday.”

 

“Thank you Lea.”

 

Lea is already fond of Jungkook and appreciate him when he was still acting like an . She knows he’s so much more than that, and right now, after Yeri happened and probably changed him into a better person, Lea is even more impressed with how Jungkook deal with his life. He’s becoming nicer to everyone, she’s not wrong when she’s already guessing that he has this hidden side of him as a human.

 

***
 

Lea is already takes her equipment and ready to head down to the studio when phone on her desk is ringing. People don’t usually call on weekend.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Good Morning, Miss Lea.”

 

It’s from the security downstairs.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Someone is here to see Mr. Jeon.”

 

“With appointment?”

 

“No.”

 

What kind of people coming here on weekend to see Jungkook, so sudden without any appointment whatsoever.

 

“Then don’t let them in, we have procedure here.”

 

“I understand.”

 

Lea ended the call, and walking out from the office when he bump into Jungkook. But the phone on her desk is ringing again.

 

“What is it?” Jungkook also looks baffled with the situation.

 

Lea is walking back to pick up the phone while followed by him.

 

“Someone is here to see you. I already said no.”

 

“Miss Lea, the visitor told us that it’s important.” She’s glancing at Jungkook next to her. He’s curious too.

 

“Name?”
 

Lea is sighing when she finally done with the phone call. Jungkook is asking her what’s going on with a glare.
 

“He said it’s important, Sir, Kim Seok Jin is the name.”

“Who?”

 

“Kim Seok Jin.”


 

***



“She’s a nice girl, Jungkook-ah..”
 

Jungkook already heard this from dozens of people who come here, and it still feels hurt every time. It looks like they think Sooyoung is deserved to die just because she’s nice. Tears are no longer showed up on his face, the only thing left is a disappointment for everything that happened.

 

“Jungkook-ah..”

Someone around her sister age is coming for him and giving him a hug. He recognized it right away. Yoona, her childhood friend.

“This is your fault.”  

Maybe it’s because of the shock or the anger he has, but he’s saying that words to Yoona straight to her ear. She’s crying even harder when she listened to it.

 

“I know. I’m sorry.”

 

“And where is he now? Where is your friend now?”

 

Yoona put her hands on his shoulder.

 

“He can not be here. Seokjin can not be here.”

 

And that was the last time he heard his name..
 



***
 


“Over here, sir.”

Jungkook find his hand is shaking and sweating when he finally heard Lea’s voice and a footsteps right behind her. There’s anger, disappointment, sadness, and a little bit relieves on his heart right now. He’s been looking for him for such a long time only to ask him why did he do it? Why did he ruined his sister? Why did he takes her away?

 

“Thank you.”

 

He still doesn’t know what to say when the door is finally opened and a tall man is standing in front of him. But it’s not the Seokjin he was looking for. This man is so much older..he is Yeri’s dad, he met him on that party few weeks ago. Why…same name maybe.

 

“Oh? And you are...Yeri is not here.”


Mr. Kim is looking at his surrounding and he really is impressed with how great Jungkook’s office is. He is definitely not the same person he saw 15 years ago, who was working on a comic book cafe till really late night and going to school at early morning the next day.

 

“Kim Yeri has nothing to do with any of this.”

 

Jungkook is beyond confused, the fact that he is here is already weird and what he said is also not making any sense. Yeri's dad is not even greet him but start talking things he doesn't understand right away. He's not friendly, at all.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“She is not your revenge. If you’re thinking hurting her will pay my son’s mistake to you, then you’re wrong..I already gave you compensation, you should’ve take it and go, instead of fuelling your heart with hatred.”

 

What is this..Jungkook is closing his eyes and trying so hard to understand what’s going on slowly. How can he know about his revenge..and who is his son..why..

 

“Seokjin is dead. My son is dead. He already pay his wrong doing to your sister with his life. So please spare my daughter and let her go..”

 

Mr. Kim never thought that in his whole life, he’ll come to someone and beg for something like this. But right now, he has no other choice, losing a kid is never easy, not even for people like him. He already lost one and he can not afford to lost another. He’s fine with Yeri who’s ignoring him and angry at him every time they met, but at least she’s alive. And he won’t let Jungkook do anything to her, even if he’s doing it for the sake of his sister.

 

“I just came here to say that.”

 

“Wait. Compensation? You mean money that I gave back to you? You put a price on my sister? ”

 

Mr. Kim turn his face to Jungkook and finally he’s here. Those eyes...sparkling eyes with so much hatred is here.

 

Jungkook finally understand the whole thing.. why  the nightmare happened, why Yeri is in there, why he wanted to kill her. He remember every single thing Yeri said about her brother, so he was the one. And he’s just dead without doing any of his responsibility. Weak. So weak.

 

“Being dead has nothing to do with anything. He killed himself and run away but my sister died because she fought for him.”

 

“You just need to know that my daughter is off limit. If you think your sister’s death is my fault..then you should know I have nothing to lose to do something similar.”

 

Jungkook is laughing hearing this, Yeri said that he’s similar with her dad, and turns out that she was right.
He takes a sit on the edge of his desk, playing with his own hands and giving Mr. Kim a deep stare. It does feels weird to finally see this person in front of him after years of wondering. He always want to know what kind of people who push his sister to the edge of her right minds and doing all ridiculous thing in the name of love.

 

“Does your daughter know? The way my sister died..what you did to her..and how you treat her, does she know?”

He asked the questions in such a cocky manner but he knows exactly how significant the answer from his question is. That Yeri..does she know about what was happened?
Before calling out others for killing his brother, before blaming others for his death. Does she know the real story? Does she know about Sooyoung at all?

 

“She was thirteen years old.”

 

Mr. Kim left the room after saying that, and Jungkook can feel the extreme pain both on his chest and his head.
After all this time, when he’s finally trying to left everything behind.

 

“and I was fifteen.”

He’s screaming angrily and throwing an empty bottle wine he got as a gift to the door where Mr. Kim left. He has tears on his eyes, and lots of blood on his hand, he crushed the bottle like it some kind of paper.

***

Lea just get off from the elevator when she found Jungkook’s guest is using it after she’s out. She give him a bow but he completely ignores it. This man looks totally rich and cool. Old but powerful.

 

She was going to go back to the studio afraid if Jungkook is going to be there since his guest left when she heard a noise from Jungkook’s office. A strong noise, from something breaking. She’s running and open the door immediately, honestly what she find inside is a complete horror.

 

Jungkook is there crying, looking like a mess, with blood all over him, on his hand mostly but it’s already on his white shirt and on the floor too. A huge bottle of wine is scattered in front of the door. Lea is running to the pantry, getting an aid box and a towel. She’s not saying anything but come to him and hold his wounded hand slowly.
 

They don’t say anything to each other while Lea cleaning up his wound and treating it. His hand is really cold and shaking. Looks like his heart is hurting even more than his hand, because he keeps hitting his chest rather than caring for an open wound on his palm, it’s looks serious and hurt. He already stopped crying and the only thing he’s doing is staring down while letting her treating his wound. He totally looks different, far from strong, he’s just vulnerable, sad, hurts.

 

“You should go back home after this.”  Lea is finally feels a slight of relieve when Jungkook is finally talking to her.

 

“I will. After this.” She use a huge band aid and lots of bandage to cover it.

 

“Did you learn about this somewhere?” Jungkook looks satisfied with her good work, and giving her a smile. A forced smile.

 

“Back at school, but you still need to go to hospital. I’m not a pro.”

 

“Thank you, Lea.”

 

“I’ll told someone to cleaning that up.”

 

“Good work today too.”

 

Lea give Jungkook a bow as she leaves. Everything is scary for her. Something happened to him, something really bad.

 



 

One chapter left.