Dertien

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

 

 


 

“Ditching your work for a date? Who are you?”  Jimin is definitely teasing him when he told him that he won’t come to work for two days.

“I’m not ditching, and it’s not a date, i’m taking my break.”

Jungkook has been working hard to finished his two days work today. He’s not doing anything beside finishing his works.

“I’m so happy, really.” Jimin is came to him for a hug and it really is bothering him.

“Hyung...”

“You won’t know because you don’t see yourself living your life, i’ve been watching you for years Jungkook-ah. You spent your time searching that one Seokjin guy...”

“Hyung!”

Hearing that name again is enough to makes him boiling inside.

“Sorry.”

“Just get back to work.”

“Can I see miss Kim Yeri? I want to talk to her, you know..telling her thank you.”

Jungkook stare at Jimin, and he really is serious with what he said, he remember about what Yeri told him last night, about them who barely know each other, about knowing their family.

“He’s staying at my place. You’ll find her there.”

Maybe it’s a good idea for her to see Jimin and socialized with him.

“I’ll buy her dinner.”

“She’s on diet.”

“Well..a healthy dinner, then.”

 


“Wow, this place is great.”

Bona is impressed with Jungkook’s apartment, this is even better than Yeri’s. World is fair like this, it’s not a fairytale, not a cinderella story, just something that is supposed to happens. A rich young executive with a rich famous celebrity having a love story.

“So what’s going on?” Yeri drag her hand and told her to spill everything about what her dad is doing.

“I think it was started few days ago, few peoples will take turns to watch your place, I asked the security about it. It was since that party, unnie.. remember when you run away..”

He definitely has something about Jungkook. Old habit is hard to die.

Yeri is looking around the apartment, and everything still odd. If it is true that her dad doing this because he against her relationship with Jungkook, nothing is makes sense.

Jungkook is not poor, he’s successful businessman with tons of money, just like him. He’s smart, maybe even smarter than her, he went to college and...well, he has no family but why it’s matter when the only thing he care about is money. It’s not like Jungkook is some random poor teenager like Sooyoung.

“And what about now?”

“They’re gone, your base is safe, Unnie.”

Bona knows how much Yeri loves staying at home especially on breaks like this.

“When will you back?” She’s continue talking and ask Yeri a question while giving her a few stuffs she asked earlier.

“Hmm….i don’t know.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m going for a trip tomorrow, that’s why I asked you to bring my clothes..”

“With who? Where?”

Yeri is having a hard time to answer her question, because well..she never went to a trip with someone else before. Not even a friend or family. Never.

“With your boyfriend?”

“Don’t tell anyone.”

“Oh my god.” Bona is giving her a hug and laughing at her while looking so happy. There’s tears on her eyes.

“I’m so glad.”

“It’s just a short trip.”

“I know..but unnie, wow this is so good, finally...it doesn’t matter if you broke up with him later, but for willing to do this...i’m really glad that you’re doing it. I thought you’re a heartless robot who knows nothing about building relationship with others, you don’t even have friends..”

Yeri knows how bad it was for her, but she has a reason for living her life like this.

***


“What are you doing?”

Yeri is already send Bona to back home, and now it’s almost night, Jungkook is finally calling her for the first time today. It’s nice to hear his voice on daily basis.

“I’m packing my clothes right now. For tomorrow..Bona send it earlier today.”

“Can you do that for me too?”

“What? Packing?”

“Just a few shirt, pants, jacket, everything is in my closet.”

Yeri is hesitate to do this, even packing her own clothes is already tiresome and now she need to do it for others.

“But don’t complain if I forget to bring something..”

“I won’t.”

“Fine, i’ll do it later.”

“And..one more thing.. Jimin hyung will bring you dinner, he’s on his way right now..”

Now this is weird. She only ever met Jimin once, she’s not close or familiar with him.

“Why?”

“He is my family.  To makes thing fair, since I know your mother already.”

She is loss at words right now, this is beyond her expectation, a relationship with Jungkook is turns into something serious like this.


Yeri is done with her bag, and now working to pack Jungkook’s clothes. It’s probably Lea or himself but his closet is clean and neat. Someone is doing a good job arranging it. She just bring a few shirt she thinks would looks good on him, she also bring a few pieces of beanie and hats, Jungkook has a lot, and she bring it for her to use. Just in case she needs to hide from peoples.

She’s so serious with her works, and almost not aware about the doorbell ringing. It takes her quite a while for walking downstairs and opening the door . It’s Jimin, he’s here at last.

“Good night.”

“Oh..hi.. I was waiting for you.”

This is awkward.

“How long have you been here?” But Jimin is good at socializing, he doesn’t looks awkward and even asking her a question in such comfortable way.

“I came here yesterday.”

“Ohh..you’re great. I never can handle Jungkook that long.”

He’s talking while laughing at her, Jimin looks nice when he’s smiling. He’s so much more friendly and flexible than Jungkook, maybe that’s why their business succeed. They’re complete each other as a partner.

“I bought you salad, a few kinds..you can choose one. You’re on diet, right?”

“How do you know?” Jimin looks confused with her question.

“Jungkook told me..”

“And how did he know?”

“You tell me.” Yeri never told Jungkook anything about her diet, or maybe she did..

“Thank you for the food.”

The dinner is finally started, Jimin is having a steak as his food meanwhile Yeri is one small portion of salad.

“Did you do this with Jungkook, too?’

“What? dinner? Yeah, I think so. I don’t usually doing this with others though.”

“Really? But you’re popular.”

“I live alone.”

Jimin nod her head and seems like he learned about it for first time now. Looks like Jungkook doesn’t really talk about her to him, and Yeri is glad.

“How about you?”

“I live with my parents.”  Yeri thought Jimin is like Jungkook, the lone ranger.

“Where did you met him?” He ask her the question in such  friendly way, even though it's obvious that he's trying to picking up information from her.

“I don’t know. I think I met him a few times before..but then I worked on that CF..”

“Thank you for giving him a chance.”

The only reason Jimin came here is nothing but to tell Yeri how much he grateful for her existence in Jungkook’s life. She’s the game changer, the only exception.

“His life is hard, he barely have enough conscience to lead a normal life..”

It’s not something she doesn’t know actually, Jungkook has nothing on his life beside working, seeking for money and power for whatever his reason is. He’s so similar with her dad and Yeri knows life is never normal for people like them.

“I’m not good either.”

“Jungkookie..is a mess, Yeri-ssi..he’s...he needs to get fixed.”

“We’re all need that, even you need to get fixed. I want to fix your way of holding a knife and fork, because that’s not right.”

Jimin doesn’t looks offended but give her a smile and stopped from his eating right away.

“Now I know how you can get along with him just fine...”

Yeri is smiling hearing his remarks, Jimin just said that both of them are ruined so they can get along just fine, which also true. She can understand Jungkook better than others and accepting all his trashy behaviour because she’s also like that. She still doesn’t know his reason or his background story, but it’s obvious something was happened to him too, just like her.

“He sent you here, because I ask him to meet his family..”

“You did?”

Jimin is definitely fascinated by their conversation, he already stopped eating his steak and the only thing he’s doing is drinking his red wine while eyes focusing on Yeri.

“He met my mother, and I don’t think it’s fair so...”

“What do you want to know about him?”

Yeri can not answer the question because she honestly doesn’t know. She never doing this kind of dinner or conversation before. It’s a new thing.

“You can talk about anything, i’ll just listen.”

“ ..I met Jungkook when he was a freshman in college, 10 years ago..he was an excellent student, he went to study with full scholarship and tons of recommendation from his high school teacher, he’s a great artist..talented. The only thing corrupted from him was his behaviours toward others human being. He’s already a jerk since I first met him, worse than right now even. He’ll charged other student some money for doing their assignments, he fight with people who stole his creation, he’ll torture them until they finally out from college because of embarrassment and backlash. He’s crazy, cruel, and ruthless. Nobody want to be friend with him.”

Yeri is listening to what Jimin said carefully, and it’s honestly not a surprised..but still she thinks that her life was messier than Jungkook. She’s worse than him.

“But you’re his friend, right?’

“We get close, and I learned about him from another perspective, Jungkook’s life is already ruined long before that. Something made him like that...and I came to understand him. I won’t tell you what that is..because i wasn’t with him back then. You should heard it from him..”

And she’s right. Something happened. Yeri is not responding to anything Jimin said and only give him a blank stare.

“And you know the rest of his story..he’s becoming a successful businessman, rich, greedy, smart, but still a jerk...then you came, Jungkook is a little bit more human now.”

“I don’t think it’s happened because of me.”

“Well...i don’t know but i’m sure you are one of the reason. Jungkook has been different since he has this weird nightmare...”

Yeri is really surprised when she heard about the nightmare, so Jimin knows about it too.

“Do you know about that?”

“Yeah, he said he was a killer or something...don’t worry about it, he did told me about wanting to kill someone for years, but i’m sure he wasn’t meant anything..”

“Who?”

Jimin feels like the talk about his revenge, Sooyoung, and that Seokjin guy shouldn’t be brought up to Yeri like this. So he kinda taken aback when she seriously curious and asking him about it more.

“Just..some random guy he dislikes..We don’t even know where he is, Jungkook just hates him.”
 

***

Yeri is cleaning up the left over dinner after Jimin went home. They talked for quite some time, he’s a nice guy and friendly. He talked a lot about Jungkook. And it does makes her feels like she knows him better.

“I already home, she’s alone now.”

Jungkook just reach his apartment and talk to Jimin on the phone, asking him about the dinner, but then he told him, he’s already back home.

“Really? Why don’t you wait for me?”

“You work like a horse, I spent 3 hours for a dinner with your girlfriend.”

He stare at his watch, and he’s right..it’s almost 11 PM now, he works too much.

“She’s nice, I like her. A great choice to start a new life.”

“I’m not starting anything.”

“You should.”

He end the phone call, and strangely he want to press the doorbell before he came in. He wait for few minutes when the door is finally open. Kim Yeri is wearing an apron, she’s holding a dirty plate and cup on her hands, she looks tired but pretty. Start a new life..that sounds good if she’s in the picture.

“This is your place. Why are you acting like a guest?”   She’s complaining as soon as he get inside the house.

His eyes stopped at two bag in the living room, looking neat.

“Ah.. our bag for tomorrow. I did yours too.”

Something is odd, he never been feeling like this since years ago, since their family crumbling down, since everyone left. Someone doing things for you, not because they’re being paid, but simply because you’re not a stranger for each other.

“Why? Is it too much?” Yeri is standing beside him, she’s no longer wearing the apron.

“No, it’s not..Why are you doing this?”

“What do you mean? You asked me this morning..”

Yeri is staring at Jungkook and the bag respectively. He asked her to do this, and now he asked why she did this? So weird.

“Come here..” She even more confused when Jungkook told her to get closer to him and giving her a hug, a tight one.

“You’re overreacting.” She told him that while hugging him back and rest her head on his shoulder.

“You were crying for a breakfast.”

“I did.”

Yeri can understand why her and Jungkook reacting so extra over little things they did for each other. The reason is no more than being thankful. They’ve been a broken soul for too long and even things like this is luxury for them. It is great to finally experienced something like this, something that made your heart flutter, and the feeling of willing to appreciate someone. Yeri no longer having that since Seokjin left and according to Jimin, Jungkook is probably lost everything since his family gone.

It’s a great thing for both of them.

 



“So where are we going?”

Yeri is already take a sit on Jungkook’s car while watching him put their belonging to the trunk. She talks to him through the car window. It’s still 6 in the morning. Cold and sleepy.

“A good place.” She’s not satisfied with his answer but say nothing when he finally sit on his car.

They were spent the night while talking about lots of things, and went to sleep at dawn. He’s such a robot for willing to drive at early morning like this.

“Let’s stop for a real food later.” She shove one huge piles of bread to Jungkook’s mouth as he started his car. He still needs to take care of his body after getting sick back then.

“Just buy something on our way and eat later. It’s not like we’re going far.”

“Is it not far?”

“1.5 hours drive with no traffic.”
 

Yeri is almost fell asleep, when Jungkook is driving while talking to Lea on the phone, they’re talking about some kind of mockup, she doesn’t understand anything. Jungkook put the phone on speaker, and it’s honestly more annoying to heard both of them.

“Hey, Don’t sleep!” She felt a hit on her forehead when she’s so ready to close her eyes.

“I’m not sleeping, Sir.” Lea is the one who respond to him, and Yeri find it hilarious.

“No, not you. Kim Yeri is here.” Stupid Jungkook, why would he told Lea about her.

“Kim Yeri-ssi?”

“Lea, please don’t tell anyone i’m here.”

“I understand.”

Yeri is laughing at him when Jungkook finally finished his phone call with Lea

“You sounds so proud, having me as a girlfriend.”

She talks to him while being sarcastic about it because she’s annoyed that he told Lea about them being together.


“I am proud.”

Yeri was going to say something to him, but she stopped when she heard her phone ringing. Unexpected call. Her dad. She take a glance to Jungkook before she pick up the phone, she needs to talk to him anyway, about what he’s doing..sending people to watch her and whatnot. So she takes the call.

“Where are you right now?” He sounds worried rather than angry.

Yeri think it’s not a good choice to talk with her dad while Jungkook is here. It feels too burdensome.

“Can you pull over there, just for a minute.” So she asked him to stopped, and he listened. Yeri is out from the car quickly and choose a spot where Jungkook no longer can heard her before she’s back to her dad again.

“Stop sending your minion to watch me. You know how much I hate that.”

“Kim Yeri, if you’re with Jeon Jungkook, I want you to go back home now.”

So Jungkook is the problem, she knew it.

“Why? You have no right to control my life, do I need to remind you what was happened the last time you act like this? Your precious son died.”

“Kim Yeri!”

She can heard a heavy breath from her father’s voice. This conversation is not good for him too.

“You can hate me all you want, but you need to listen to me this time...”

“My boyfriend is rich, respected, smart, and powerful just like you, you don’t need to worry this time.”


Yeri doesn’t looks good, she looks really troubled with the phone call, even from afar Jungkook can see that she hates what she heard.

“What happened?” And when she’s back, everything is more clear, she has tears on her eyes.

“Nothing.”
 

***
 

“Let’s go.” It’s really take 1.5 hours until they finally arrived to the good place Jungkook told Yeri earlier.

It’s a simple but beautiful small cottage, in a deep wood. It looks so pretty, the scenery, the vibe, it’s calm.

“What is this place?”

“Our lodge till tomorrow.”

Yeri is out from the car and running around the front yard. This is great, she should thinking about investing some of her money for a place like this.

“I bought this place 3 years ago..”

“You owned this place?” Yeri is laughing when Jungkook nod his head. This thing is funny.

“Don’t you think it’d be more fun if I was poor, like this is my first time at place like this, and my rich boyfriend owned it, and then someone from your family will offer me some money to leave you…..”

Yeri lost her smile when she finally stare at a little lake around the cottage, the water is clear and probably cold.

“But the thing is….My dad owned a similar place like this, I used to stay there for a winter break when I was a kid.”

Jungkook stare at her, and he realized there’s always something intriguing everytime Yeri talked about her family.

“Come in..”

This place is really similar with what Yeri has on her minds about that old cottage her dad owned. The wooden floor, the fireplace, a simple kitchen and antics equipment.

“If you don’t need this place anymore, sell it to me.”

She talks to Jungkook who’s holding her hands while opening a plastic cover from a few stuffs. It’s a little bit dusty here, but it’s still clean and comfortable.

“I need this place for a resting home, when I’m old. I’ll leave here.”

That sounds like a really great idea.

“What do you want to do?”  

“Sleep.” Jungkook is so simple with his anwer.

“I’ll be walking around.”

Yeri is waving her hands when Jungkook is finally done taking their bag from the car and went inside a huge room to sleep. She choose to walking around outside.