Vijftien

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

Yeri and Jungkook is back to their lodge after walking around the lake and takes some picture. It was a happy time. A really happy time.

They’re back at dinner time, and Yeri is in charge for their food. She made a simple corn soup with few pieces of garlic bread. She’s really good at it.
 

“It’s good enough, right?”

 

“It’s great. Thank you.”

 

She take a sit in front of him, while watching he’s eating his food. She’s still on diet, so she skip dinner this time too. She’s still in the middle of filming.

 

“I can take you to pay a visit to your parents.” Yeri’s eyes got bigger, when the talk about visiting her home is coming from him so sudden.

 

“Why?”

 

“I had a great time, talking to your mother.”

 

Well..of course he is. Yeri’s been talking to her mom since their last meeting through a phone call and messages. And she always asked about Jungkook, and trivia things about him. She likes him too. But there’s her father and his whatever plan. Yeri want to talked about this to Jungkook, but it doesn’t feels right when she barely know what is wrong.
 

“My mom is not the only one who live in that house..”
 

“What’s wrong with your father? You said I act like him. We could probably get along really well..”


“I don’t know about that.”

 

“You’re staying with me after we’re back, right?”

 

Yeri just talk to Bona earlier today, and she said no one is watching her again. Her dad is probably gives up after she confronting him this morning.

 

“No, the situation is solved. I’ll be going back home.”

 

“Why?”  She’s laughing at him when it is obvious that he is disappointed by it. He asked her in such a weak voice.

 

“You’re not the only one who have a job.”

 

“Your job has nothing to do with you staying at my place.”

 

“I’ll come to you,  If I had time.”

 

Yeri gets up from her sit, and ruffling Jungkook’s hair as she’s walking passed by him for taking a bottle of juice from the fridge. He’s whining like a kid.

 

“I rarely stay home if you’re not there. I’ll stay at the office instead.”

 

It is true, Jungkook has been spending nights at home because Yeri was there. If there’s no one, he prefer to stay at his 5th floor room at the office. He can work on something if he’s bored.

 

“Listen, I need to continue my filming right after we’re back. It’ll be 2 or 3 weeks full schedule for me and...” Yeri is back to him, and take a sit on an empty chair next to him.

 

“I didn’t say anything about your work. “

 

She looks so cute when she’s taken aback and embarrassed like this.  She buried her face on his shoulder and this is why Jungkook doesn’t want to lost so many times without her. She does entertain him and makes everything looks better.

 

“Don’t spend too many times with Lea.”  She talks in a very weak voice but he can still heard it. It's not really surprising that this thing is coming from her after few days ago.

 

“Why?”

 

“She likes you. I’m insecure. She does things better than me, taking care of you so much better than me..she’s just perfect..”

 

“Lea is so perfect..that’s why you don’t need to worry, I still have conscience. She deserved a better person than me. “

 

He tell Yeri that as a joke, but he actually means it. Someone like Lea doesn’t need to deal with people like him.

 

“That is an insult. Then what about me?”

 

He finished his corn soup in one last bite and taking the dirty plates he used back to the kitchen. Yeri is the one who bring this talk first.
He can heard her step is getting closer to him, so he turns his face, and now she’s standing in front of him. Smiling and being cute.

 

“I’ll think about it.” She talks in such a happy voice that it makes him feels good too after hearing it.
 

“What?”

 

“You meeting my parents, I’m staying at your place..i’ll think about it. We’re in the middle of a journey for going back home, right? A journey need to start from somewhere, I think..”

Yeri sounds a little bit unsure with her words. But it’s still feels really good to hear it.

 

“Great.”

 

He is content with her promise, and that give Yeri a wide smile,  it’s kinda making her scared to actually involve with someone in a really serious romantic relationship. She’s been avoiding this for years, and he came to ruining her plan. So easily.


***

Jungkook helps Yeri studying her script after the dinner. They ended up talking about work for few hours. Her filming and his work. More than anything, they actually feels better when they talked about things that makes them sane for the past 15 years.

 

“Let’s take turn again.” Yeri is already prepared to sleep, she’s done with her skincare routine and changing her clothes to her sleepwear. She really want a peaceful sleep tonight, so she’s suggesting to take turn with Jungkook for sleeping like before.

 

“There’s another way..” Jungkook is not moving from his position, he’s just sitting on his bed when Yeri told him to sleep first.

 

“Another way?”

 

“For the nightmare to stop.” She can’t help but laughing at him when he pull her to his lap and begin caressing her bare shoulder, he put his another hand on her face, touch it slowly and she knows exactly what he meant.

 

“We don’t have anything to prove the theory that the nightmare is not happening because i’m sleeping with you. it’s always random.”

 

“We could try.” She give him a smile when he ask her what she thinks with his gaze.

 

“Alright, but no more ripping my clothes, and act like we’re uncivilized human being.”

 

Yeri still remember their first night together, the last time she’s being intimate with a man not for work is a long time ago, long before she made her debut as a celebrity, back in college. She did it because she’s curious.. she’s not really a popular girl because people just hates her and all her trashy behaviour.

But the thing she had with Jungkook is different.

 

“Do you want to talk about that? this is what happened, i have troubles taking off your clothes and you told me to…”

 

Yeri close his mouth with his hand to makes him stopped talking.
 

“I made you do it. I get it.” She kiss him on his shoulder and up to his neck, so the only thing she heard from him is no longer a nag but a random giggles.

 

“What do you mean with uncivilized human being?”
 

Jungkook really loves seeing Yeri and her laugh. Just like right now..it makes him feels good because she can see someone as sad as him genuinely happy, it reminds him to his life before he was left alone.

 

“I don’t know..what did you do last time?” Yeri is still laughing while giving Jungkook a hug and ruffling his hair.

 

“I don’t remember.”

 

“You don’t?”

 

She push Jungkook to his bed and stay on top of him while staring at him. Moments like this is something that makes her forget about her messy life. It feels like she’s just ordinary rich girl who talented enough to be an artist and then met a handsome guy at work and now gain a boyfriend. There’s no  hurtful past, pain, tears, problems with parents, anger or hatred. Everything feels normal.

 

“Why?”  She shakes her head and give Jungkook a smile when he asked because he noticed her sad expression.

 

“Jimin hyung told me that my life is great now since i’m with you and stuffs.”

 

He use his big arms to makes Yeri laying down next to him and pull her closer. He really like the sight of her like this. It’s calming him down to see her upclose.

 

“He thinks too simple” He takes Yeri to his embrace because her response is totally something expected. She just similar with him in so many way.

 

Yeri trying hard to escape from his grip but she’s having a hard time when he begin to hold her hands and start kissing her, he is really serious in doing it and it’s honestly enough for her to stop caring about anything else but him. If the first time they’re doing this, both of them is somehow uncontrolled and there’s nothing but a fun game..and right now they’re searching for something else. As for Yeri she keeps on asking if Jungkook is really care for her in a genuine way or not. He is still her nightmare.

 

***


 

“Do you know that i have a long list of why you lied to me about this relationship being for fun and stuffs..”

 

Jungkook staring at Yeri next to him who suddenly looks gloomy and serious. They had fun with little things like intimate affections they did earlier. It does makes everything feels normal..like they didn’t met through a horrible nightmare but a simple blind date.

 

“What is it?”

 

He touch her hair and bring her face closer to him so he can give her another set of kisses..on her lips, cheeks, eyes. Just all over her. He likes the way he respond to it..her smile and sometimes a glare when she feels annoyed.

 

“A lot of things..what you said, what you did, this..i think it’d be better if you left everytime you satisfied after i let you sleep with me. Like how a jerk live their life.”

 

Yeri hold Jungkook’s face and he does looks bothered when she said that. So she give him one quick kiss and push him away.

 

“If you keep doing this. I’ll be really upset when you said our relationship is nothing but a fun game. Something you can end when the fun is no longer there..”

 

“That's a dumb thought but cute somehow.”

 

She’s rolling her eyes to him, when he really takes her words as a joke. He only smile and take her to his embrace while closing his eyes. Sleeping.

 

“I’m 27 years old. Cute is probably the last thing i want to hear from my boyfriend in the middle of argument.”

 

He’s laughing even harder when Yeri confronting him. She disliking his approach to this matter. It’s hard enough for her to do this with someone. Caring for them, falling in love, relationship, faith, trust. It’s not easy.

 

“I just said it because i like you, so much. And you need to know that it’s also hard for me to do this with someone. If you’re scared then i probably more scared than you. If you’re worried then me too.”

 

Yeri still not saying anything when Jungkook becoming so serious with his talk. He open his eyes slowly and he sounds genuine with what he said.

 

“I’m a monster in our nightmare. Do you think all of this is easy for me?”

 

“No.” She became embarrassed when she finally realized that this whole thing is complicated not only for her but also Jungkook.

 

“There you have it. Who knows if i actually have intention to kill you for real..”

 

He turn his face from her and now sleeping on another side of the bed. Placed himself quite far away from Yeri..

 

“No, you don’t.”

 

Jungkook’s heart is finally back at ease when his back is being held tightly by Yeri soft little arms. She rest her chin on his shoulder and ruffling his hair before talk really close to his ear.

 

“I want a hug.” That’s what she said.

 

“Jerk don’t do that.”

 

and he decide to play a childish game with her. He can see a pout on her lips when she finally letting him go.

 

“Please.” But he lost right away when she’s back to him with a pretty little smile and a charming eyes. He hold her tight while thinking about how’s life finally giving him what he wanted after all this time. Love


 



 

Yeri is waking up, and trying so hard to control her breath. It’s exhausting. The nightmare is here again. Jungkook chasing her and trying to kill her.

She’s watching her hand shaking, and use it to cover her face. Few seconds later, she can see that Jungkook who’s sleeping next to him is moving his body, he’s groaning. Yeri takes him to her arms and holding him instead of waking him up like usual. It takes her quite sometimes to finally makes Jungkook stop moving, she can hear his heavy breath when he put her hands on her back. Caressing it and bring her closer to him. He wakes up.

 

“I’m sorry..i don’t know how to stop this.”  She talks to him, because she feels bad that Jungkook suffering more than her through these series of nightmare.

 

“Let’s see your doctor when we’re back.” He pull himself away and she can finally see him upclose, he looks totally stressed.

 

“Why would I want to kill you.. it doesn’t makes sense”  He tell her that while closing his eyes, there’s so much guilts on his voice.

 

“That wasn’t you.” She’s hugging him tighter and pat his back slowly. It was not him. It was something else.

 

“I need explanation for this.”

 

Jungkook is getting down from his bed and Yeri is holding his hands when she knows he’s going somewhere, trying to get out from the room. He’s wearing his shirt fast, and looking for his phone on the table next to him.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I need to find something makes sense to explain this..”

 

“Where?”

 

“I don’t know. I’ve been trying to kill you for so many times already. It’s been happening for months. I’m tired. I feel sorry to you.”

 

Yeri is pulling him back, so now Jungkook is sitting on the bed, in front of her while holding his dead phone.

 

“I already told you, right? Maybe I deserve this. The nightmare is a punishment for all what I did..to people around me, to my parents...to everyone.”

 

Hearing this is really not helping, Jungkook is feeling even more guilty because of it. Yeri on her nightmare is not someone else, it was her. It was the same person who’s holding his hands and looking at him right now. He did try to kill this Yeri.

 

“You’re crying right now too..how do you expect me to believe what you said?”

 

She use her hands to wipe her tears, and looks like she’s not actually aware that she’s crying quite a lot right now.

 

“This is because you were trying to left me alone, in the middle of night..out to nowhere..what if someone come here and kidnap me..”

 

Yeri is crying even harder while talking to him, she hold on to his hands really hard. Her reasoning is ridiculous so he laugh at her.

 

“What an excuse..just tell me you’re scared..”

 

“I am scared.” And she finally break down after saying that.

 

She throw herself to him and crying. Things like this is not good, because it really makes him think that an answer is needed, this whole thing need to stop because Yeri is hurting.



 

***




Yeri is waking up early this morning because Jungkook told her to. She thought it’d be about hiking or fun activities, but turns out that he really need to go back to his office before lunch. Important sudden meeting with clients, he said.

 

She’s in the middle of having her breakfast, an apple and protein shake while watching Jungkook roaming around with his stuffs, talking to a few people from his phone, and checking on his tablet.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s emergency.” She say nothing when he came to her and kiss her cheeks, both of it.

 

“Doesn’t seems like it.. You had that suit ready and stuffs..”

The most ridiculous thing is Jungkook who’s already wearing his expensive suit and its jacket. He also has his company ID attached on it. His shoes, and everything.

 

“I always have this on my car.”

 

Well..Yeri also have spare clothes, shoes, and stuffs on her van. But this is a private trip for only both of them. Why would he needs that..

 

“I’ll clear my schedule at 4 PM. For the doctor visit.”

 

“You better be right.”

 

Jungkook is busy with his phone all the time. Yeri is driving because he needs to work on something. They don’t talk to each other at all, she stole few glances from him and strangely for her..she doesn’t really annoyed anymore. After the nightmare and all things happened on this trip, it’s actually feels really nice to see him working, like he has a normal life. He’s serious and really work hard.

 

“Why are you so quiet?”

 

Jungkook is finally done with his work and now, he’s in the middle of eating his breakfast, Yeri made it for him back at the lodge, a simple sandwich and slices fruit.

 

“I’m driving.”

 

“You’re driving with your hand not with your mouth.”

 

“I don’t have anyone to talk.”

 

“Funny.”

 

Yeri stopped talking to him and now he’s roaming around his bag and pull one roll of paper from it. Another work maybe.

 

“Take this with you.”

He put the rolled paper to her bag at the back seat, Yeri is only watching him because she’s confused.


***

 

“I’ll pick you up at 4.”

Yeri is taking all her bag when they finally arrived at her apartment. He reminds her again about their doctor visit.

 

“Call first. I’ll probably stay at my agency this evening, you can pick me up there instead.”

 

She kissed him goodbye and out from the car only to find a familiar car is parked near the front gate. One of his dad's minion. She's really hates this.

 

“Hey, come out.” She talk to Jungkook through the window and ask him to come out. A bad move, but she’s already so done with her dad doing.

 

“Why?”

and as soon as he came out, Yeri is started to kissing him, in an open area, her goal is to makes her dad’s minion include this on their report. She kiss him just like how she did it when no one else around. It takes her long enough to finally back to her sense and stop, but Jungkook is already looks really fascinated and confused.

 

“Don’t get mad. I’m doing this because someone is watching.”

 

He find it hilarious that Yeri told her the truth about the kiss. She does looks guilty, especially after she kinda ruined his shirt and made wrinkles on it.

 

“Who is watching?”

 

“Someone.. tell Lea to fix this for you.”  She looks cute when she’s trying to fix his ties while caressing it lightly. It’s kinda looks messy after what she did.

 

“Alright, go.”  She makes him turn and open the car door for him but he’s back to her and give her one more kiss as he leaves. It’s really good to have him around.

 

“And..who is this?”

 

Looks like not only her dad minion is here, Irene is also here, she came to her right after Jungkook and his car left. She came to her with a huge teasing smile and naught eyes. She must be here watching everything since a while ago.

 

“Why are you here?” Irene is helping her bring her bag while they’re walking to the lobby. She tried so hard to cover her face, because the whole thing is embarrassing.

 

“I came here to check on you, I just arrived and I saw you out from his car and...”

 

“Ok, stop. So you’re here to check on me. I get it.” Irene is laughing at her, when she find Yeri is completely flustered with what she said.

 

“I’m not gonna lie, you totally looks good together. I don’t think you shouldn’t worry if some paparazzi takes your picture with him doing you know...It was beautiful.”

 

Yeri is covering her ears because hearing this from Irene is nothing but humiliation. She’s the one who was acting so cocky , telling her that Jungkook is nobody and that she’ll live alone forever but now..

 




“Are you sure it was him?”  Mr. Kim is holding his phone with a shaking hands. This is a disaster.

 

“Yes, sir. He was 15 when I met him, but i’m sure it was Jeon Jungkook, Sooyoung’s brother.”


He stare at a picture one of his employees sent him, It was Yeri and Jungkook. Looks like fate finally find its way back to him.

 

“But Sir..this Jeon Jungkook is kinda different with the one I met long time ago. He looks better and happy now..his eyes..”

 

“Just keep an eye of my daughter. Protect her. “

 

“I understand, sir.”

 

Jungkook is the one who send him back his money, all shredded into a pieces. Teared by his own hands. A 15 years old lone ranger who needs money more than anything did that,  He sent the money using Seokjin’s name right after he died. He thought by helping Sooyoung’s brother with it will makes him feels less guilty.
And now this Jungkook is back, the one who send his dead son a note, a promise, to find him again for a revenge is back.