Acht

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ )

Jungkook is not really talking to her on their journey not until Yeri ask him about food that he began to talk.

"Let's just eat after we got back, it's already 5.30, we need to make it before dark, right?"

This part of the town is Yeri's playground, she was born here, growing up here till she's 16 years old, before she finally decide to live alone since high school. She has so many memories here, she remember every corner, every parks, and places. Both of her parents are succesfull businessman and working all the time, so the only entertainment she had back then was going around the neighborhood, playing and watching people.

"Fine. You drive when we back."

"Hmm.." Jungkook is back to sleep right away.

"We're here."

Jungkook is waken up by a push on his shoulder from Yeri, he opens his eyes slowly, that was such a good quality sleep. Being peaceful in sleep is a luxury for him now.

"We made it before dark."

He's out from the car, looking around and come to a conclusion that is not a surprised if this place is special for Yeri, the view is remarkable, beautiful and nice, would be nice to shot some commercial film in here.

"I've never been here again for more than a decade. It's still looks the same just like how i remembered it."

He's taking a glance to Yeri next to thim, who looks a little bit emotional while being here. Everything happened in this place must be affecting her in such a way.

"Why?" She looks surprised when he ask her about her reasoning.

"I'm busy."

Yeri left him and begin to walk in an empty road, it is really the place on their nightmare. The tree, the road, it's exactly the same.

Jungkook feels fascinated and also confused about what is going on right now, why something from Yeri's memories also showed up on his brain. He know for sure that he never been here before. He doesn't even know this place is exist.

"Do you remember the first time, we had the nightmare?" Yeri is stopping her walk and she take a sit on a grey bench near a huge tree, Jungkook is following her.

He doesn’t. It was months ago.

"I was hiding under a bench while you're holding..."

"I don't remember."


Yeri stop talking immediately, when she realized Jungkook hates the talk about their nightmare, about what he did to her.

"And what should we do now?" So she change the topic and stare at him, he's the one who want to go here so bad.

"I don’t know, maybe just you being here again will help. Just you letting go any bad memories.."

"I have no bad memories about this place. I was happy everytime i stayed here."

"Then why.."

Yeri remember this place, everything still feels like yesterday, she's running around wearing her favorite shoes, happy and loved. The young Kim Yeri who still believe in happily ever after, who still have faith on her life. Things were so simple back then, despite not having too many friends, she's always back home with a content heart after spending time at this place.

"I don’t know, maybe i'm just missing this place."

"What were you doing here?"

"Playing, running around, sometimes i'm doing my homework here."

"Alone?" Yeri takes sometime to close her eyes and let out a sigh before she give Jungkook a smile and an answer.

"No." Jungkook was going to ask about her friend, but his phone is ringing. It's Mr. Park calling.

When receiving a call like this, he usually stay away from people, habit. he doesn't trust people that much. But thing with Yeri is different, he has no reason to not trust her.

"Why?" Yeri knows it must be a call from one of Jungkook's employee because he sounds so rude while asking what happened.

"Alright, wait..i'll check it first."

Jungkook is leaving her behind, walking away from her. Yeri keeps watching his back until he's no longer on her sight and now she's alone again.

Why would this place become a nightmare for her?


 

14 years ago

"I met her, in this very place."

Yeri lift her face to Seokjin who's busy with his late lunch. He looks really enjoying food under a sunlight and stuffs.

"I personally think you should focus on your college entrance exam rather than talking about mysterious girl you saw here, once."

"She's not mysterious, she was one of my friends's childhood friend. She lives away, I already talked with her for sometimes and i’ll go meet her this weekend."

If Seokjin go, Yeri will be alone all weekend, he is the only friend she has.

"I was going to ask you for helping me with my homework."

"I'm your brother not you teacher."

Right, Kim Seokjin is her brother, the one she loved the most. He's basically raising her. When both of their parents focus on their work, Yeri only have him to lean on, to teach her things, to shows her things. He's the best thing she ever had. Both of them are having trouble socializing at school because their family is too powerful. Their father is rich enough to funding their whole school, so even teachers will feel the need to treat them as someone important and special which is also resulted to their friends sending them hates.

Seokjin is better, because he is really nice and kind so the situation for him is good , he has enough friends, people also like him because he's humble and fun, meanwhile Yeri, she actually using her family background to get away from people. Being rich is a good thing, it's her privilege, that's what she thought.

"Mom won't let you go."

"I won't tell anything to her, i'll take the bus and back before dinner. You're the one who should shut your mouth."

Seokjin has been talking to her about this one mysterious girl he met on this place for weeks. He said, she's pretty, nice, and totally his type.

"I'll let you use my computer for a week, if you do everything as i say."

Her brother computer is a heaven, hi-tech. Her dad bought it for him. Both of their parents is really proud of her brother. He is perfect, literally perfect with no flaws.

He's good at studying, nice, handsome, likeable, totally what her workaholic parents need for a heir.

"Fine, so this is like your first date with her?"

"Yeah, i think so."
 

***

Yeri is opening her eyes when she can feel a strong wind on her face. There's tears on her cheeks, the sky is already changed color to dark blue, the streetlights are already on. And this place becoming not as beautiful as before.

"I shouldn't have let him go that day." She's mumbling that words wile wipe her tears with her cold hands.

Jungkook took so long to be back, so Yeri decide to find him, she gets up from her sit, and staring at the long road in front of her, she tried to walk on it but she failed. Her legs won't moving at all.

The nightmare. Dark, alone, chased, on this road, surrounded by these trees, the streetlights, everything is exactly the same. The sound of Jungkook's step, the image of him with his scary big eyes, her scream and her pain, she can feels it.

At that very moment, she decide to hug her knees and crying. She's not even a kid but she's having a hard time to separate dream and reality. She's crying even harder when she remember all the happy times she had in this place.


"What happened?"

Jungkook is running from his car when he heard someone's crying, he already expecting Yeri is the one who's doing that, but he's still surprised when he found her. Crying, almost sitting on the floor, with dirt on her jeans, messy hair, lots of tears on her eyes.

The nightmare. It's also not easy for him, when he stand few meters away from her, in the same place where he usually chasing her. There's something that stopped him from getting closer to her,  he's afraid he'll be doing the exact same thing to her without his own will. Just like what happened on his dream

"I can't move.." He still manage to heard Yeri's shaking voice, answering his question.

If Yeri is in this condition, he should be the one who's sane, he shouldn't let the nightmare controlled both of them at the same time. So he takes a deep breath, and walking to her slowly.

"Don't come here!" but he stopped when she’s screaming at him really loud.

Yeri can't help but thinking about that Jungkook, Jungkook the monster. His step is familiar, his huge body, his posture, everything is just a copy paste of her nightmare.

"It's ok."

The only difference is, the real Jungkook is talking to her with a very gentle voice. His eyes are soft. She can see him walking to her very slowly. And when he finally in front of her, kneeling together with his hands on her shoulder, she finally realized that this is not her nightmare.

"It's ok."

He moved his hand from her shoulder to the top of her head, patting it a few times, and caressing her hair. They’re staying at their position for quite a while, trying to calming their self and giving support to each other even if that’s hard.


"We're so pitiful."

Yeri is taking his hands and give him a smile while saying it. Her eyes is still red, but she definitely feels calmer than before. Jungkook's hands is shaking too and cold, Yeri is aware not only her is suffering right now, but him too.

"Are you ok?"

He helps her stand, and she nod her head to him. She's better now, hearing him talk and care for her like this is helping to erase that crazy nightmare thing from her brain.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you."

She feels bad with what she did to him, it is not fair to keep treating Jungkook like this when she knows it's not his fault. He is not saying anything but taking off his jacket and giving it to Yeri, helping her wearing it because he feels sorry to her.


***

Yeri is sitting on the car, staring at Jungkook who's busy with his tablet and his phone. Something is wrong with the monday presentation so he needs to fix it. It's already one hour since she watch him work like this.

"10 more minutes." And looks like Jungkook is also aware that he's been ignoring her for so long.

"No, that's ok. Watching you like this makes me feel better. I can see you as a different person, you talked, you worked, not you who looks crazy chasing me and stuffs."

It's true, while doing this Yeri can feel at ease, she's not scared of this Jungkook. Him who looks busy with his work and sometimes looks stressed and tired with it. He is laughing after hearing what she said, put his tablet back to his bag and use his phone to call someone .

"I' already sent it." He talks fast and ended the phone call in seconds.

"I really like Mr. Park.."

Yeri want to give Jungkook a head up about his employees. She's working with them for months, and they're really good. Especially Mr. Park. She likes him.

"That was Lea."

"Oh.. I know for sure she dislikes me."

"Lots of people dislikes you, Kim Yeri. You shouldn't get too surprised with that."

Well, he's right.


Yeri stopped talking and turn her face to the window. She's already becoming unhappy for too long and even things like hated by others is no longer her problem, like she doesn't really care about it at all.

"That’s my home."

Jungkook is following Yeri's gaze when she suddenly talks again. She's pointing her hand to a huge house, with nice view, but somehow dark and gloomy.

"So you're not lying about being rich, huh?"

He turn his car and drive to Yeri's house direction, but she against it.

"What are you doing?"

"Since we're here, don't you want to say hi to your family or something?"

"No, i don't. Go back."

"Why? We can stay until you feel better."

"I don't want to explain things to them about you."

"I could wait in the car."

"I don't speak with my family, ok?"

Jungkook is a little bit surprised with how Yeri react to this, she looks mad. She even raise her voice to him. And that is enough for him to turn over his car just like how she wanted.

"Are you being like this because you're hungry?"

He's trying to tells a joke to her but she refused to react to it. She's just staring at the road, looking sad and sighing sometimes.

Yeri is really not speaking for the first 20 minutes of their drive. She's doing nothing but ignoring him. Jungkook asking her a few questions but she did nothing. And he finally annoyed by her too.

"Do whatever you want. I'm going to eat.

He stopped his car in front of a small restaurant and out immediately. Yeri is doing nothing but watching him, she’s hungry but she knows she can't be seen in public place like this. Especially not with Jungkook.


***
 

Jungkook is using his phone while eating his dinner. Alone. He's exchanging some document with Mr. Park since this afternoon.

"She's so stubborn."

And he ended up shaking his head when Yeri is still not following him, he can see her staying on his car, leaning her head to the window.

He finished his food in less than 10 minutes, he bought some take away food for Yeri. He actually hesitate to actually picking a fight with her after what happened, the nightmare and everything, but he can't help it. It's not like Yeri owns him and free to do whatever she want just because he's torturing her in a dream world.

He was going to knock on her window and told her to behave for the rest of their journey when she suddenly out from the car. She's still wearing his jacket, she let her hair down and covering it with her snapback from yesterday.

"Are you mad?" She's asking him a question in such a rude way.

"I don’t know, are you?"

He ended up leaving her and get back to his car, he should have stay at the office and working on something instead of doing this.

Yeri is not mad, she was just..she's sensitive regarding things about her family and stuffs. She has no intentions to pissed Jungkook off.

"Are you going to stay here? I'm more than capable to steal your car and feels no shame at all."


Jungkook is popping out his head from the window and what he said totally reminds her to someone.

"You're really controlling, do you know that?"

She’s rolling her eyes at him when she's back inside the car and Jungkook start to drive again.

"You keep abusing your power to people around you, you don't have ability to listen, money hungry, and totally selfish."

Yeri is not angry or anything while pointing all the bad traits Jungkook has right in front of his face. She just find it hilarious how he's so similar with someone she knows, totally like a clon.

"Listen, i know someone who lives like you, and believe me, one day you'll make a mistake and your life willl never be the same again, so tone it down a bit."

"Are you seriously thinking, i'm going to listen to some cocky, rude, and arrogant human for a life's advice?"

"Trust me, you'll need this one."

"Really?" He's being sarcastic and mocking her with a laugh.

"My dad, you're so similar with my dad."

But then he stopped when he see Yeri is serious about what she said.

"Is that why you stopped talking to him?" He's being careful with his question.


"Maybe." Jungkook thinks Yeri doesn't want to get pushed about this again, judging from her expression and her tone.

"I bought this." So he changes the topic of their conversation.

Yeri is staring at a box of some food he gave her.

"Thanks. I'll tell people that you're treating me good, so people will hate you less."

"I'm not a hateful person, i'm just being objective."

"Yeah whatever."


Yeri reach her apartment at 11 PM, almost midnight, because she needs to drop Jungkook back to his apartment. He lives in such a luxurious building, even more fancy than her place. It's a little bit funny for Yeri, when people like her and Jungkook who's basically has everything to fulfilled their needs is actually acting like some kind of broken soul. They shut people off, treating them bad, care for them less, selfish, and so full of themselves. Another prove for her that money and fortune is never a scale for someone's happiness just like what her brother always said to her.
 

"Don't worry, i'm fine."

"I'm fine."

"I'm fine."

Jungkook open his eyes after realized that he's thinking about his past again when he dozed off at his office. That one sentence he hates the most keep repeating by itself on his head.

He was 14 years old, when the last time he heard that sentence from the only people he ever cared about. He knows, the reason why his life is taking a drastic turn, the reason to how he becomes a completely different person, everything happened because he was left alone by the one who said it.

 

15 years ago.

"So..who is this guy?"

"I met him when i was visitting Yoona few weeks ago."

"Handsome?"

"He looks like you." Jungkook is tilting his head, confused.

"Are you dating him because he looks like your handsome little brother?"

"He looks like you but he's more handsome than you. Anyway...i'll be late tonight, i already made you dinner."

"Have fun."

He still remember her bright expression, her smiles, her red cheeks, she looks really happy. But from that day till now, he’s always regretting his choice to let her go.



 

"Jungkook won't be coming today, so enjoy."

Lea is really confused when Jimin made an announcement since early morning about Jungkook not coming to work. She looks aorund and everyone is extremely delighted with the news. Jeon Jungkook isn't here is a rare case.

"Lea, come with me." She's following Jimin to his office with a really quick step.

"Jungkook is sick, he's staying at his apartment, but as you know, he still want to see some of his work…"

"I'll deliver it to him." Jimin is startled with how worried and high spirited Lea when he give her another job to do.

"I don’t know how bad his condition is, but.."

"He went out with Miss Kim Yeri all weekend."

Lea feels so stupid after saying that. But she does think it's contribute to Jungkook's disease. He's been busy, and then the weekend trip with Yeri, and then busy again for another 3 days, and then he's sick.

"It was 5 days ago, Lea."

"I know..i just..thought, he probably exhausted and.."

"The doctor will check on him tomorrow, if he's still felling not well. For now, i just want you to deliver his work."

"Alright, I understand."

"Remember, you're his secretary not his caretaker. Don't let him making you do random things, ok?"

Jimin feels the need to say this, because he knows Lea is not good at saying No to Jungkook.

"He's sick, i'll do my best to take care of him."

"But Lea.."

No use, she won't listen.

 

***

 

"What do you mean, you're sick?"

It's been 5 days since the last time Yeri met Jungkook, they already have plan to visit this one doctor for a consultation regarding their problems, but right now he told her that he is sick.

"I really don't want to hear your complaints." He does sounds sick though.

"I have no more time, today is the only empty schedule i have this month.

"Then we'll go next month."

"Are you sure having the nightmare for another month is a good thing? and imagine having one while you're sick like this."

"ugh..shut up." He cut the phone call..

"This is totally unacceptable."

***

Lea already visit Jungkook's place for more than 5 times since she began working for him a year ago. 2 times for delivering work like this, and 3 other times to work overtime preparing for some huge project. She’s the only one on the company beside Jimin who knows his place and how it looks like from the inside. She decide to call Jungkook first before coming in to his place.

"You can come in, Lea."

He picked up the phone after third ring and already told her to come in even before she says any word. Jungkook let her knows his apartement pass code since few months ago because he thinks it's more convenient for her to know and he trust her.

Lea is walking around in this huge apartment, looking for Jungkook. She always hated the vibe of this place, it's just dark and gloomy.

"Put everything on my office."

She finally found him, who's just getting out from his room, still wearing his pajamas, his face is totally pale, his eyes is red, he definitely doesn't looks good.

"Are you ok, sir?"

"Not really."

Lea is helping him with a bottle of water when he take a sit on his desk inside his office and start looking at documents she brought earlier.

"I have no important schedule today, right?"

"No, sir."

"Good. I'll take a look at this later, you can go."

"I'll make you something to eat before i go. Are you taking any medicine?"

Jungkook knows Lea is excellent at her job and loyal to him, but he personally thinks she's being too kind to him right now.

"It's ok, i'll be fine."

"A warm tea, is that ok, sir?"

Warm tea sounds really good, he does feels cold all morning anyway.

"Alright."

He's taking a sit on his empty dining table while let Lea do her thing on his kitchen. She looks skilled at doing this.

"I'll put some lemon and honey on it."

He's not saying anything to her, because Lea has been doing this for more than a year, and she already knows what he likes and what he dislikes.

***

Yeri is out from her car, and walking fast, entering a luxurious apartment while trying to hide from people around her. This is the only thing she can do, she already made appointment with her personal doctor, she told her about her problems, and also told her about Jungkook, she still doesn't believe anything and keep saying Yeri is having problem because she's been working too much. Jungkook is already agree to go with her, and helping her explain things to her doctor so at least some explanation from medical point of view is out. But then he told her he's sick, she tried to call him for dozen times already and he's not picking up, part of her is angry that he cancelled their plan, but she's also worried.

"He's not dead, right?"

Yeri already know his passcode since few days ago, he didn't tell her, she just briefly saw it and she still remembers it, so she entering the house without knocking or ringing the bell.

"It's really good, right?"

Yeri stopped right in front of the door, when she heard a woman's voice from the 2nd floor. Jungkook's apartment is huge, it has 2 floors. The first floor is his living room, small library, his office, place he use for being formal and serious. Meanwhile 2nd floor is his bedroom, kitchen, entertainment room, dining room, it's place for his daily activities. She was here few days ago, and he give her a quick tour of it.

Yeri can see Lea's back from the kitchen, she's serving something to Jungkook, she looks great, with smile, and bright face. And that makes her really embarassed. She came here to confronting Jungkook and scold him regarding their cancelled plan, she hates the fact that he is sick today, while Lea is here to help him. Why she can not do something like Lea? helping others and care for them genuinely.

She was going to go back, and left the house because she think it's inappopriate for her to do this, when she saw Jungkook is walking down the stairs and shaking his head while eyes locking at her. He totally looks sick.

"I can charge you for breaking in to my property."

"I thought you're dead. I called you for more than 10 times already."

Jungkook is not saying anything to her, but enter his office and out with his phone, he stare at it and back to Yeri again.

"What are you doing here?"


Lea is trying to ignore what she heard with concentrating on her phone and browsing the internet, but thing is not working. Jungkook and Yeri conversation is taking her attentions so much.

"We need to see the doctor, i already made appointment, i can't go there without you."

What is going on? Lea's mind is already gone wild while hearing this..why would they need to see a doctor together?

Noone is talking anymore now, and Lea think the best choice she have is to leave them alone, before she heard too much information. She packs her bag and walking really fast.

"Mr. Jeon, i should go back.."

Yeri doesn't looks surprise when she saw her, and doesn't looks jealous or anything, her expression is just blank.

"Yes, you should, tell mr. Park to send me the document from yesterday before 5PM ."

Lea is bowing her head to Jungkook as she leaves. Yeri give her a smile, and she replying it with a small nod.

She came out from Jungkook's apartment with heart beating fast and complicated mind. She has so many suspicions, she never imagine this kind of things could happened to her boss. Let alone having and managing personal relationship, Jungkook is already struggling to makes people like him as a person. He's a great businessman and a great business partner, but he's never a good friend or a good boyfriend for anyone. So, knowing what he has with Yeri is actually shocking for Lea. She thought the only one who can see his kindness is her, she never thought others will notice and appreciate him the way she did.

***
 

"Just come back here tomorrow and i'll go if i feel better." Jungkook is laying on his couch, closing his eyes, and told Yeri to go away with his hand.

"Are you ok though?" But she's not good at listening order, she's taking a sit next to him and lightly touch his forehead.

"What do you think?" He's asking her in such a weak tone and Yeri is surprise with his fever.

"I think it's bad."

"Then leave me alone."

"I'll stay here."

"Why?"

"I have nothing to do at home. I have no friends, i don't talk with my family, so..i'm here for entertainment."

Jungkook looks so done with her and he stop responding to what she said, he turn his body from her and fall asleep.

 




RM's Mono is out.

Listen to it and you'll feel at ease.

It's really good.

 

-Thanks for reading-