27 - Something More

Little Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning after that night, Baekhyun had told everyone that they’re already leaving Solaris. Nana was a bit upset that they all had to leave in a sudden but nonetheless gave everyone a tight hug and things she thought they might need on their journey. She hoped that they could visit her more often because it was lonely to be all alone in a grand mansion. Though Baekhyun didn’t promise anything at all, he assured Nana that he would try to visit more often than before. And with that, everyone left for their next journey. 

 

“I’d miss Nana,” Soohyun unconsciously muttered to herself as they walked out of Nana’s mansion and through the streets of Solaris once again. Soohyun heard a chuckle from Baekhyun and she snapped out of her thoughts as soon as she realized that he might’ve heard what she had just said. 

 

“I’ll take note of the fact that Nana likes you more than she likes me,” Baekhyun teasingly said. Soohyun couldn’t find the right words to counter what he just said and before she could even do so, he spoke once again. “Don’t worry. I’ll try to make a visit again so that you both can see each other,” he playfully shook his head. “I can’t believe you’ve gotten that close in a matter of few days.” 

 

“She’s really nice,” Soohyun said. 

 

“I know,” Baekhyun looked back with a smile. They continued walking their way back to the ship and within a few minutes, they had already reached and boarded on it. The supplies they have gathered were also quickly boarded as they can’t stay long visibly docked on the port. 

 

~~~

 

This was the first ever since Soohyun came along with Baekhyun and his crew that the mess hall was full of people and is actually busy. At most times, it was a quiet place, somewhere one could peacefully eat. Everyone was busy unpacking and sorting the new goods they’ve gathered at the few days of stay they had at Solaris. There were tons of food that needs to be stored right away and of course there were barrels of liquor. Soohyun was silently watching the whole crew scramble here and there as she found it amusing to see them work all together. 

 

They seem to be very capable of handling themselves on their own and to see them all in one room was definitely a sight. Soohyun took a bite from the apple on her hand as she offered some help to Chanyeol who’s in the midst of carrying boxes and piling them up in one neat stack. 

 

“Can I help?” Soohyun offered. Chanyeol looked at her with wide eyes, sweat glistening from his forehead as the evident confusion in his eyes grew more noticeable. 

 

“Uhm, these boxes are heavy though,” Chanyeol sheepishly smiled. He looked around for a while and stopped when he spotted Sehun at one corner. “Maybe you could give Sehun a hand? He’s keeping track of the supplies we have here. We just got a ton from Solaris, I bet he’ll be more than glad to have some help.” 

 

“Oh, alright. Thank you,” Soohyun said. She then headed towards where Sehun is. He was at one corner busy listing and counting the supplies they were currently unloading. He has a paper on his hand and a pencil on the other. He looked like he was deeply concentrating on what he’s doing that Soohyun doubted if she should even interrupt him right now. 

 

Soohyun stood silent on her spot as she debated on whether this is the right time to ask if she could be of help or not. Sehun must’ve noticed her presence on his side because he stopped writing and looked back at her with those sharp eyes. Soohyun had to gulp as they were obviously intense eyes and the sudden realization of not being exactly close to Sehun as she was with Chanyeol and Jongin made her quite nervous. 

 

“Is there anything you need?” Sehun nonchalantly asked. 

 

“Ah...,” Soohyun trailed off her words. She looked everywhere except Sehun as she tried to find the courage deep down herself to at least say something. “Chanyeol said I could lend you a hand? I mean I could help you with what you’re doing because I asked Chanyeol if I can help him but he said the boxes were heavy and then he said maybe I cou—“ 

 

Soohyun was halted on her nervous blabbering when Sehun snorted and then chuckled. “I get what you’re trying to say. You’re funny. I see why Baekhyun’s becoming fond of you,” he said. 

 

Though what he said should just be a thing that should pass Soohyun’s ear and be gone, her mind decided that it is something she should ponder about. Did Sehun just said Baekhyun was becoming fond of her? Why? When? How? Why specifically mention only Baekhyun’s name? Isn’t Chanyeol also fond of her? And Jongin? 

 

Soohyun shook her head as she tried to get rid of the unnecessary thoughts on her mind. None was helping at all and it just keeps her constantly thinking of Baekhyun. Should that even be a good thing? 

 

“Help me count the apples on that crate,” Sehun said. Soohyun immediately snapped out of her thoughts the moment she heard Sehun’s voice. She went straight to the crate and started counting the apples on it. She was on the middle of counting when a thought suddenly came on her mind. 

 

“Sehun?” Soohyun called out. Sehun looked back at her with raised eyebrows. “I’m thinking maybe I should learn how to fight and defend myself. What happened back there at Solaris was just my pure luck and I can’t rely on luck forever. Maybe I could ask for some help?” Soohyun sheepishly smiled as she looked back at him. 

 

She had seen Sehun fight a few times before and he was undeniably a skilled man whether it was a physical combat or a swords fight. Soohyun thought if she wanted to learn how to fight, Sehun could be the right one to teach her. Actually, she could just straight up ask Baekhyun to teach her but the mere thought of having one on one lessons with him almost gave her heart an attack. She remembered how unpredictable he was the last time they were only a meter apart. One more close encounter with him would definitely send her to the ends of the earth, if that was even possible. 

 

“Are you asking me to teach you?” Sehun asked. Soohyun just nodded, hoping that he won’t ask anymore because she doesn’t have any more reasons backed up on her hand. “There’s Baekhyun. He’s obviously way more skilled than I am. Why not ask him to teach you instead?” 

 

“He’s a busy man,” Soohyun tried to sound as natural as she could because all she could hear right now was her thumping heart against her chest. “He’s been locked up on his cabin ever since we came back from Solaris. I don’t want to bother him besides, all of you are skilled enough to teach me, right?” Soohyun finished with a rather awkward smile, hoping that Sehun would buy whatever reason she had just said. 

 

Sehun looked away as he decided to give her words a thought. He pondered for a while until her raised his head up and looked at Soohyun’s way once again. 

 

“Alright. Meet me at the deck at four,” Sehun said. Soohyun’s eyes lit up and she nodded way more enthusiastically than she should’ve been. Sehun just shook his head as he told her to continue counting the apples. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter