11 - Stay Hidden

Little Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three of them were walking too fast and they all seemed furious, especially Baekhyun. They weren’t running though, maybe it was because of Soohyun, so that she could match their paces. Soohyun wanted to ask what exactly just happened and who were the Mountain Lions and why did they took Jongdae but it doesn’t seem like the right time to be asking questions. She’s more than sure that Baekhyun would snap and lose it once she utters a word in the vast tension they were currently wrapped in. Soohyun tried her best to match their long strides and fast pace but with the bag on her hand and her obviously short steps, she noticeably lagged behind no matter how hard she tried. She tried diverting her attention to looking at their backs as she walked faster. It wasn’t helping at all because it seemed like they were getting farther with the steps she’s taking. 

“Baekhyun, wait please,” Soohyun finally managed to say. They were getting farther and she couldn’t afford to lose them right now, not in a place she wasn’t even familiar with. 

Though there was an obvious distance between her and them, Baekhyun was quick to look back as soon as he heard. He clicked his tongue as he rushed back to get Soohyun. Soohyun wasn’t sure if he was mad that she called him and asked for them to wait for her or if he’s just mad about the whole situation at all. He took the bag from her hands and threw it to Jongin as he took her wrist and started to walk again. 

“Jongin, go to their base camp at the foot of the mountain and try to look around for Jongdae. We’ll meet you there in an hour,” Baekhyun ordered and Jongin was quick to disappear right in front of them. Soohyun still marveled at his power to teleport himself from one place to another but it was soon cut off when Baekhyun tugged her wrist. 

“Let’s go. We can’t waste any minute here,” he said. 

Soohyun watched as Baekhyun walked without looking back. His back looked tensed, so was his actions. He kept looking everywhere, as if he knew someone could be watching them from afar. They kept walking for a few more minutes in silence and Soohyun was sure that the more she wasn’t asking anything at the moment, the more it’ll kill her to death. She was curious—about what happened, why did it happened and the most important question of all, what are they going to do about it. She have this gut feeling inside her that they would probably go on a fight with those Mountain Lions the man was talking about earlier but she wasn’t sure if she should even be there. More or less, she’d only be a hindrance to everyone—she can’t fight for heaven’s sake. What will she even do there? Watch while they all fight for their lives? And they’re on land, if Baekhyun was too even use his power, it’d be no use because they aren’t surrounded with water to start with. Soohyun can’t even think of what could possibly be running in Baekhyun’s mind. They are going against a whole gang of people and there’s only four of them. They are obviously outnumbered. They can’t possibly put up a fi- 

“Don’t worry,” Soohyun heard Baekhyun say and she instantly snapped out of her thoughts. He still kept his gaze forward and held her wrist tighter but not to the point of hurting her. “The least thing you could worry about right now is being outnumbered. We have defeated lots of crews, clans—name it—with the few number we have. My crew aren’t someone you can underestimate. They can handle themselves well even without my supervision.” 

Soohyun wondered for a moment if Baekhyun can even read her mind. He just answered that burning question on her mind without her having to actually ask it. Was she too obvious? Soohyun stayed silent for a while because Baekhyun answered almost half of her worries but still, there’s half of it left on her mind. 

“Who are they and why did they take Jongdae?” Soohyun asked. Baekhyun obviously tensed at her question but answered nonetheless. 

“They’re one of the biggest group of bandits in this area and we once had a fight with them. They stole one of our treasures and of course I wouldn’t just let them have it so what was supposed to happen happened; we took back what was ours. It was bad, they almost lost everything they had and their leader was absolutely mad about it. Ever since then, he’s been out for my head,” Baekhyun explained. 

Soohyun had to take a moment to process everything she had heard. The Mountain Lions they were talking about doesn’t seem like an easy enemy to start with. If they were capable of stealing something as precious as a pirate’s treasure, then they were far more capable than others out there. The thought of facing an imminent danger gave Soohyun a shudder. The thought of her being useless at the fight terrified her more than she imagined. Before she could even hold herself back, the words she was dying to ask escaped her lips instantly. 

“What am I going to do? I can’t fight and I can’t help you at all. There’s no water anywh-“ 

This time, Baekhyun stopped and looked back at her. His eyes were intense as if he was trying to tell things through them, if that was even possible. 

“Do nothing. I don’t need you to do anything. Just stay still and hidden. We’re going to handle everything once we g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter