25 - Tonight

Little Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soohyun couldn’t sleep that night and the next nights after hearing Baekhyun’s words. His words echoed on her mind like they were constantly being chanted to her. And the fact that the ball was nearing, a day left, wasn’t really helping at all. Soohyun couldn’t help but feel extremely nervous by the fact that she’s playing an important role in getting the crystal. What ifs kept flooding her mind even though Baekhyun has assured her countless of times that there’d be no problem as long as they do everything according to plan. 

 

Baekhyun has told her of the things she must remember when they’re inside the ball. It was easy, to be honest, because all she needed to do was to dance along with him and blend with the crowd until the time for the unveiling of the crystal. Baekhyun has also emphasized that it is only her who could take the crystal out of the place which added a lot more pressure on her part the more she thinks of it. Though the worry on her face was evident, Baekhyun has assured her that they’ve got everything planned and that was all she needed to do. 

 

Soohyun tried to ease her worry as she took a bite from the cookie Nana has prepared for her. She kept on telling herself that everything would be fine, that she can absolutely get the crystal without failing. Even though she still wasn’t confident enough with how can she successfully get the crystal out, the mere thought of Baekhyun along with the others doing this with her made her feel a little bit better. At least she wasn’t doing all of this alone. At least she’s got Baekhyun and the rest of his crew with her and that’s the most important thing right now. 

 

She isn’t alone. 

 

 

Soohyun heard a knock from outside and she quickly went to the door to open it. To her surprise, it was Baekhyun who was standing right outside her room. 

 

“We’re going out in a few,” Baekhyun said. 

 

“To where?” 

 

“To get your dress,” he said. “You can’t possibly attend the ball with the ones you have. You need something more fancy and elegant. I’ve already asked Nana where could we get one and she had arranged an appointment for it today.” 

 

“Oh,” Soohyun shortly answered. She completely forgot that she needs to dress up for the ball. With all the things that have been running on her mind, the dress was the least she could worry about. “Can you wait for a while? I’ll be ready in a few.” 

 

“Okay, I’ll wait downstairs,” Baekhyun said. He was about to take his leave when Soohyun called him out. 

 

“Are the others coming along with us?” Soohyun asked though she hesitated at first because it sounded like a silly question on her mind. She just didn’t want to be alone with Baekhyun once again after what happened that night. She couldn’t imagine how would she handle him when he’s absolutely unpredictable at all times. 

 

“I mean, they should also get a suit for themselves, right?” Soohyun awkwardly laughed as she tried to save herself from the embarrassment she was feeling at the moment. 

 

Baekhyun raised a brow as he suspiciously looked at her. “I just noticed that you always ask if the others are coming with us. Why? Do you like their company that much?” Baekhyun teasingly asked as he walked his way back to Soohyun’s room. 

 

“I’m sorry but they’ve already gotten themselves something to wear yesterday. It’s just the two of us today so I hope you’d be fine with it,” he said. 

 

Before Soohyun could even utter a reply, Baekhyun was quick to turn his heel towards the stairs. In a short moment, he was already gone from Soohyun’s sight. She released a breath of air that felt like a sigh of relief as soon as she was sure she was alone once again. She tried to sort out her thoughts—first, being alone with Baekhyun should be one of the things she should worry the least because second, the crystal should be her utmost priority. It was quite hard to not think about what else could Baekhyun possibly do. 

 

After changing into something more decent than what she was wearing a while ago, Soohyun headed downstairs to meet with Baekhyun. 

 

~~~

 

“What’s with that face? Do I look awful?” Soohyun asked as she looked at herself at the mirror. She was wearing a long gown that was in the color of pale rose. There were diamonds that adorned the whole dress. Soohyun liked it because she thinks she looked better in it compared to the previous dresses she had tried and seeing how silent Baekhyun was, it somehow disappointed her. 

 

“This doesn’t suit me, right? I’ll go change into something,” Soohyun asked once again when Baekhyun didn’t answer her questions earlier. She was about to call the lady to help her with the dress until she heard Baekhyun finally spoke. 

 

“Do you like it?” Baekhyun asked. Soohyun looked back at him with confused eyes. “The dress. Do you like it?” he asked once again. The spark on Soohyun’s eyes as she nodded were inevitable and incredibly hard to not notice as Baekhyun looked at her. 

 

Baekhyun shook his head, though he didn’t looked disappointed because he had a smile on his face as he did it. “You worry about a lot of things, princess. If you like it then go for it. Get that dress. Does my opinion even matter? It’s you who will be wearing it, not me,” Baekhyun said. Soohyun was silent as she took in his words. “And you look amazing with every dress you’ve tried on.” 

 

Soohyun couldn’t find the right words to say. Baekhyun was right, she does worry about a lot of things, even things that shouldn’t be of worry. She looked at the dress once again and gazed at herself at the mirror. She studied herself for a while, with her fingers lingering on the dress. She indeed liked the dress a lot. Her eyes then caught the sight of Baekhyun at the mirror with a smile on his face as he nodded and motioned for her to go and take it. As simple as that, a smile lit up her face as if all the worries she had in mind vanished in a blink of an eye. It suddenly made her wonder how magical Baekhyun’s smile was—first, it was blinding and then next, it made her feel astonishing emotions she couldn’t find a name for and now, it gave her the confidence she needed. It was amazing how it did so much in the little time she had witnessed it. 

 

With a content heart, Soohyun took the dress. It felt a lot better now that her mind wasn’t that filled with countless of worries. The both of them soon headed back to the mansion. 

 

~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter