31 - Come Home

Little Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soohyun couldn’t sleep that night and the nights that followed. It was as if sleep didn’t knew her anymore. Her mind endlessly fought with the countless of thoughts it has created and there was nothing that could help her ease the chaos happening on it right now.

 

Baekhyun has had everyone prepare for their voyage to Xynnar. They were doubling their countermeasures as they would conduct meetings frequently more than they did in the past. Visiting Xynnar is not just any kind of visit any sane person would do. It is a do or die situation and it calls for a very precise planning. Nothing should go wrong, absolutely nothing. Once they mess up, Xynnar itself would play with them and it would be the end for everyone. Xynnar is very dangerous and everyone knows that for a fact.

 

Soohyun paced back and forth her cabin as she tried to make sense of everything. Baekhyun has told her that the second crystal they’d be getting would be on someone extremely powerful’s possession. He mentioned the name Hann and how that person can basically get anything he wants solely by making extremely powerful illusions. Once you’re under his power, it would be absolutely hard to distinguish what is real and what is not and Baekhyun has warned Soohyun about it. Hann is their main concern and problem. If they won’t even get an inch close to Hann, then getting the crystal would surely be impossible.

 

Baekhyun has had Yixing formulate spells to counterattack Hann’s magic at any cost. It sounds impossible, as Baekhyun refers Hann as someone extremely powerful, but Yixing is more than determined to do something about it.

 

“Hey.”

 

Soohyun looked back as she heard a familiar voice not far from where she was. She saw Baekhyun holding the door as he slowly invited himself inside her cabin. For the past few days, he hasn’t shown any sign of worry or fear on his face. It was all determination and motivation in where the whole crew’s heart relies on.

 

Baekhyun walked closer and stopped right in front of Soohyun who’s had her brows furrowed with all the worry painted on her face. He brought his fingers up and eased the worry on her face by playfully flicking her forehead. Soohyun groaned and gave him a look when she tried to soothe her forehead.

 

“What was that for?” Soohyun asked.

 

Baekhyun stifled a chuckle as he watched her with amusement. “Worrying equals to having wrinkles on your face. You’re way too young to have those, so stop worrying,” he said.

 

“How can I not worry whe-“

 

“Trust,” Baekhyun interjected, now sounding more serious than he was a while ago. “It’s a big word, you know. It’s hard to give and hard to earn. My crew has given their everything to me, including the trust they never give to anyone else. You also. I am not alone in this journey that’s why I am not afraid to go and risk it all. If I were to stand back and let my fear and worries get the best out of me, where would I pick myself then? I can never have the things I want if I continue to doubt myself. I don’t have everything, neither anyone aboard this ship, but that’s what makes it perfect.”

 

Baekhyun now directed his whole attention to Soohyun. “Trust me on this. I wouldn’t go all this way if I wasn’t prepared for whatever that could happen,” he said as he gave out a reassuring smile.

 

Soohyun had to take in a moment to be able to ease herself from all the worries she bears. Baekhyun silently stood in front of her as he watched her with gentle eyes. When he was sure enough that she’s back on feet once again, he spoke up.

 

“Why don’t we eat something right now? I’m pretty sure that’ll make you feel better. Kyungsoo cooked something really good and I think you should have a taste of it,” Baekhyun said.

 

“We?” Soohyun asked. Baekhyun only nodded as he looked back at her.

 

“Why not? I’m really hungry right now,” Baekhyun said. “Don’t you want to eat with me?”

 

Soohyun was quick to raise both of her hands as she shook her head. That wasn’t her intention at all. She was just a bit shocked by the fact that Baekhyun has offered her to eat with him. They had never shared a meal together before and this would actually be the first time. Her heart raced at the sudden thought of it. Though she tried her very best to not show any signs of embarrassment in front of Baekhyun, he still showed a playful smile which only meant that her expressions were obvious enough to not notice at all.

 

“Let’s go,” Baekhyun said.

 

~~~

 

A few more days passed and it seemed like the closer they were to Xynnar, the more anxious Soohyun gets. No matter how hard she tries not to think at all, her mind wouldn’t just give her a break. Soohyun had to always calm herself at the deck as she watched the sky for hours every night. There were times that Baekhyun would accompany her at the deck and they were just the best moments because he ultimately helped ease her worries by just being by her side.

 

But tonight wasn’t like any of those nights with Baekhyun.

 

Soohyun stood alone at the deck, her dress flowing along the cold gentle wind, as the ship steadily sailed across the sea. She inhaled a deep breath as she closed her eyes and tried to stop overthinking. Slowly, little by little, she could feel her uneasy breathing turning into a calm steady one. Her furrowed brows weren’t tensed at all and her body was calm. It suddenly felt serene and quiet and Soohyun hoped this very moment could last forever.

 

“This is nice,” Soohyun muttered to herself. She let herself be in that moment, with her eyes closed, for a few more minutes. It was nice to be free of worries even for a just a short while.

 

Though Soohyun obviously wanted to stay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter